Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by azreal313 Oh hello king of DDOSing servers for fun, how's it going? Great, thanks for asking....
Page: 11

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Oh hello king of DDOSing servers for fun, how's it going?
    Great, thanks for asking.

My question was legitimate, I wanted to know what makes LegitKO different from all the other servers out there that will make it succeed.

Banned

My question was legitimate, I wanted to know what makes LegitKO different from all the other servers out there that will make it succeed.
    Why it has to be different?
    And rocket and ddos can't be in same sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
    Why it has to be different?
    And rocket and ddos can't be in same sentence
    Because if its not different then it dies like all the rest?

Banned Senior Member

Before a server is released there should be no judgment, I know I personally never judged other servers myself until they where released.

Edit:

You guys have said all servs releasing have failed, ever come to wonder why Kronos hasn't? I still wonder to this day why they never got targetted by that massive DDoS attack that HRKO got.

Maybe its possibly because they are not making enemies with the wrong people. If I recall, Grobar was their only enemy and the guy is a joke.

I don't know about the whole YourKO thing but I've heard stuff of them DDoSing. Rather they still do it or not, I've no idea.
    nickos3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Before a server is released there should be no judgment, I know I personally never judged other servers myself until they where released.
    Not judging, simply curious what you're doing differently, why would that be a problem?

Edit:

You guys have said all servs releasing have failed, ever come to wonder why Kronos hasn't? I still wonder to this day why they never got targetted by that massive DDoS attack that HRKO got.

Maybe its possibly because they are not making enemies with the wrong people. If I recall, Grobar was their only enemy and the guy is a joke.

I don't know about the whole YourKO thing but I've heard stuff of them DDoSing. Rather they still do it or not, I've no idea.
    Or its because they have thousands of dollars at their disposal to protect from attacks?

Banned Senior Member

Not judging, simply curious what you're doing differently, why would that be a problem?
    Because Ben, simply for the fact I'm in this for the community and for the sake of priv servers. It should be obvious that there has been tons of priv servs released lately that have failed. Either from DDoS attacks or because the admins made it fail. I've been around too long, and played too many servers to not make the same mistakes as other admins have made.

Edit : No, I highly doubt Kronos had thousands of dollars at their disposal to protect from DDoS at the start.

I think Kronos is succeeding well because they are good admins and listen to their players.
    Oscar and ReesesPieces like this.

Actually, they are allowed to judge you and doubt how legit owner you would be. As most owners, they don't play this game at all , but you do. Not jumping to conclusions and tell people I know for sure you would abuse items with your friends, but it's very high chance.

You can get protection and pay less, don't buy same dedicated what other KO's might have. It won't take you anywere and basically why these turk servers is up and running more than a month is that they are all using same dedicated service and nobody dare to flood each other.
    Giovanni likes this.

Because Ben, simply for the fact I'm in this for the community and for the sake of priv servers. It should be obvious that there has been tons of priv servs released lately that have failed. Either from DDoS attacks or because the admins made it fail. I've been around too long, and played too many servers to not make the same mistakes as other admins have made.

Edit : No, I highly doubt Kronos had thousands of dollars at their disposal to protect from DDoS at the start.

I think Kronos is succeeding well because they are good admins and listen to their players.
    I'd like to think that was true but I wasn't born yesterday either so I find that reason compelling but highly doubtful, regardless I have no ill will towards your server I was just wondering what you were doing that would make people want to play here and STAY here, I hope listening works out for you.

Banned Senior Member

when kronos came out they had very shitty ddos protection but within a week or 2 with the donations they quickly moved to a very good ddos protection server which i think saved that server from failing.

Banned Senior Member

I'd like to think that was true but I wasn't born yesterday either so I find that reason compelling but highly doubtful, regardless I have no ill will towards your server I was just wondering what you were doing that would make people want to play here and STAY here, I hope listening works out for you.
    I have other things that will be added as well, just too early to explain how it will work currently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    when kronos came out they had very shitty ddos protection but within a week or 2 with the donations they quickly moved to a very good ddos protection server which i think saved that server from failing.
    Kronos started with a money budget gained from illegal activities.

DDoS is overrated,it won't happen if you get good dedi and not have more than 300 users.. But if you plan to use some cheap shit than even ‘janekisback' can ddos you lmao

Banned Senior Member

Just curious.. but in all honesty to come out and say "we have twostars.." just really screams to me.. you aren't going to do much and it's basically twos server, and I guess be begging two to put the band aid on the mistakes you will make.. no offense to you. But that also just screams.. Please DDoS me to the floor, also while it's okay to be optimistic and think oh my server will get this far and survive this.. it's better to be a realistic on what happens. Will I play your server? Most certainly will, do I believe you can do it? Sure thing. But just remember.. having someone like two on your staff will make your server a highely targeted server, and always have a realistic view.. One last thing! When you ask for a vote from the community? Leave the poll open lol.. you asked old or new CZ and you decided after to two replies. You said you have been working on it for a while? Don't rush it. Let the community vote for days. Decide. Implement. Best of luck to you.. take what I say or don't.. but I have been through the same shit as a server owner.. and I have went through the experience and watched my hard work fly down the drain.. even tho I stabilized it.. If you have a perfect launch? I guarantee you will have the user count you wish..

Best wishes to you and your staff. All I am saying.
    Giovanni and azreal313 like this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Just curious.. but in all honesty to come out and say "we have twostars.." just really screams to me.. you aren't going to do much and it's basically twos server, and I guess be begging two to put the band aid on the mistakes you will make.. no offense to you. But that also just screams.. Please DDoS me to the floor, also while it's okay to be optimistic and think oh my server will get this far and survive this.. it's better to be a realistic on what happens. Will I play your server? Most certainly will, do I believe you can do it? Sure thing. But just remember.. having someone like two on your staff will make your server a highely targeted server, and always have a realistic view.. One last thing! When you ask for a vote from the community? Leave the poll open lol.. you asked old or new CZ and you decided after to two replies. You said you have been working on it for a while? Don't rush it. Let the community vote for days. Decide. Implement. Best of luck to you.. take what I say or don't.. but I have been through the same shit as a server owner.. and I have went through the experience and watched my hard work fly down the drain.. even tho I stabilized it.. If you have a perfect launch? I guarantee you will have the user count you wish..

Best wishes to you and your staff. All I am saying.
    Thanks for the input but as stated, Twostars is not on my staff and I wish people would not get that confused... I stated already that he is not on the staff lol. He is simply coding stuff for us. This doesn't mean we don't have a clue what we're doing, it just means he is going to be enhancing the server with cool features.

And no, its not to bandaid the mistakes, its for security and extra features to the server.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM