Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by bigdudle I made custom jewels available at the PK quest NPC. PK Iron Belt, PK Glass Belt, ...
Page: 45

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    I made custom jewels available at the PK quest NPC. PK Iron Belt, PK Glass Belt, PK Iron neck. They 6 wep def (basically half) of what the orginal ones have. I felt this would be one good way to boost the market by making Iron set/Glass Belt and CS pretty rare. That way those that do obtain those items will have bragging rights.
    Well I suppose that could work but I think most priests will be extremely inefficient without them..

A not a single battle priest will play that server.

ps: Going sin ,since its gonna be an orgy xD.(no iron sets and everyone having shard +8 , KRAZI)

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    A not a single battle priest will play that server.

ps: Going sin ,since its gonna be an orgy xD.(no iron sets and everyone having shard +8 , KRAZI)
    There is iron sets, the drop rate on them is gonna be around 5-10%. Sins will not be OP, you still start out with Bronze belt on each class. There is PK Iron Necklace, PK Iron Belt, and PK Glass belt. They all have 6 weapon defense each (almost half) of what iron set (+1) and glass belt (+1) has.

Lets not forget that at any time if sins or any class is hitting too hard I can simply change the damage without even having to fully restart the server. I can update damages, mobs, etc... without having to do a server restart unlike other servers. If I notice a class is being too OP I'll almost instantly update the damages to make it balanced.

However we already have classes pretty well balanced, the rest is just minor tweaking on damages and stuff in which the players will have to help us with if they feel damages are off.

There is a reason I did this with the PK items. I want Iron set to have a nice value, the same goes for CS. Not to mention its a lvl 70 cap I don't want people being extremely tanky, I would like to see some variety in gear.

P.S We did adjust priests Judgment skill as well to try and make BP's a 'little' more viable but thats hard to do on a 70 cap.

P.S We did adjust priests Judgment skill as well to try and make BP's a 'little' more viable but thats hard to do on a 70 cap.
    Basically you would require a couple amazing battle priests to figure out the optimal builds stat wise and then tweak the dmg based on that knowledge. I do wonder where could you find such people though...

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

BP on 70 cap was always a pain to play.

Banned Senior Member

I forgot to mention that we support up to (2) clients being used. So you can multiclient on our server.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

I forgot to mention that we support up to (2) clients being used. So you can multiclient on our server.
    I can multiclient more than twice. Any cookie for meh ? ;p

P.S. I'm so tired to explain why even 2x clients per OS is a bad idea, but, you'll find it out once official will be launched ;p

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post

P.S. I'm so tired to explain why even 2x clients per OS is a bad idea, but, you'll find it out once official will be launched ;p
    I assume ur thinking about cheaters/scammers?

I assume ur thinking about cheaters/scammers?
    Generally thinking/speaking, abusers ;p
    There's a list of abuses someone can do. Cheaters and scammers are included of course.

Banned Senior Member

Generally thinking/speaking, abusers ;p
    There's a list of abuses someone can do. Cheaters and scammers are included of course.
    Those abuses ur talking about are more than likely patched up for the most part.

And you're in-game with all of these clients are you?

That's funny, because I don't even remember you explaining this -- at least, not often enough to be "tired" of it.

Cheaters will cheat no matter what's done, that's a given, but there's a plus side to allowing multiclienting: having a client up for trade/merchanting purposes, while you use the other for playing. Or using it to safely trade between accounts (i.e. without the risk of using a third party for it). Not to mention the added bonus of it making the server a bit more full, for those that care about player counts.

So really, tell us why it's the absolute worst idea in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    And you're in-game with all of these clients are you?

That's funny, because I don't even remember you explaining this -- at least, not often enough to be "tired" of it.

Cheaters will cheat no matter what's done, that's a given, but there's a plus side to allowing multiclienting: having a client up for trade/merchanting purposes, while you use the other for playing. Or using it to safely trade between accounts (i.e. without the risk of using a third party for it). Not to mention the added bonus of it making the server a bit more full, for those that care about player counts.

So really, tell us why it's the absolute worst idea in the world.
    I'm boring writing a long abuse list instead of working on my server <,<

BUT! 2 of 'em:

1) Server should change to "Egoistic KO" 'cause, if not all, most of the players will create a priest as a second character and they'll solo bosses. Their priest healing + their main attacking.
    Unless if you make their client to detect whenever their client's getting de-activated so their characters stops any kind of animation use (skills/movement).

2) 4x peeps creates a party with their MC characters included and they go for PK. At the end of the day they'll have double "Kill Enemy Item Rewards" than others. (not to include the NP gains for any future benefits)
    Dang, i cannot even think the benefits an assasin's gonna have in PK with MC activated.

The only reason you actually allow MC, it is because you want your server to have more CHARACTERS (<- not PLAYERS) connected.
    So the only (+) for this, are the merchants. (not the "server's population")

....and a 3rd reason of not allowing MC (as a gift): Lunar War invasion.

Of course you can think of ways which will avoid your server from being abused but as i said, there are so many things you should take care of.
    IMO, there'll be a chaos, but! you'll find it out during official i guess.

P.S. I don't remember ever asking you about multiclient <_>

Banned Senior Member

i dont think multiclient is that bad of a idea i can see the usefulness of it. one example would be less people getting scammed cause item transfer

I'm boring writing a long abuse list instead of working on my server <,<
    Then maybe don't bother bringing up nonsense in the first place?

BUT! 2 of 'em:

1) Server should change to "Egoistic KO" 'cause, if not all, most of the players will create a priest as a second character and they'll solo bosses. Their priest healing + their main attacking.
    Unless if you make their client to detect whenever their client's getting de-activated so their characters stops any kind of animation use (skills/movement).

2) 4x peeps creates a party with their MC characters included and they go for PK. At the end of the day they'll have double "Kill Enemy Item Rewards" than others. (not to include the NP gains for any future benefits)
    Dang, i cannot even think the benefits an assasin's gonna have in PK with MC activated.
    So basically two things they'd do anyway on most servers (which are essentially the same), while legit players suffer.
    Of course, if you're using these for rewards, they'd actually have to participate (or at least, get very close to the combat), otherwise they won't be rewarded. I can imagine it'd be a lot more difficult to control the other client at the same time, let alone keeping them both alive. But if they can do that, more power to them!

The only reason you actually allow MC, it is because you want your server to have more CHARACTERS (<- not PLAYERS) connected.
    So the only (+) for this, are the merchants. (not the "server's population")
    I don't understand. You deliberately exclude 2 of the benefits above just because you don't like/care about them, and then claim that server population is the "only reason" for it.
    Um, try harder.

....and a 3rd reason of not allowing MC (as a gift): Lunar War invasion.
    Oh! ... what?

Of course you can think of ways which will avoid your server from being abused but as i said, there are so many things you should take care of.
    IMO, there'll be a chaos, but! you'll find it out during official i guess.
    Believe me when I say I don't do anything without taking a long hard look at it, and then getting others' opinions on it.
    The conclusion being, that the benefits for allowing it (for a 2nd client only) far outweigh the benefits for locking it down (which people are going to eventually find a way around anyway... but to do little damage, range checks and such).

P.S. I don't remember ever asking you about multiclient <_>
    I... uh.. what? I don't remember you asking me either?

I noticed you didn't answer me when I asked you if you were in-game with those clients. So... were you?

Nah i won't bother writing down a complete list, lol.

It's not that i don't like/care about people using MC to create a merchant.
    I was the one who even thought of allowing MC on my server about 1 or 2 months ago but i wasn't even thinking the abuses that 'd be done, at this time.

osmanx was actually the one who changed my mind:

[2/25/2014 1:39:34 AM] nikos32: i see
    [2/25/2014 1:40:24 AM] nikos32: in your opinion
    [2/25/2014 1:40:33 AM] nikos32: is it bad having multiclient enabled?
    [2/25/2014 1:40:41 AM] osmanx: yes
    [2/25/2014 1:40:44 AM] nikos32: why?
    [2/25/2014 1:40:50 AM] osmanx: well
    [2/25/2014 1:40:57 AM] osmanx: he can automate
    [2/25/2014 1:41:00 AM] osmanx: party etc
    [2/25/2014 1:41:16 AM] osmanx: dunnno why u want
    [2/25/2014 1:41:17 AM] osmanx: it thou
    [2/25/2014 1:41:17 AM] osmanx: turkish ko owners i work with and they have 600+ users online are not suggesting it
    ^doesn't make lot of sense, so yea, no need to "reply" on this.

I don't understand. You deliberately exclude 2 of the benefits above just because you don't like/care about them, and then claim that server population is the "only reason" for it.
    Um, try harder.
    Actually, there's just 1 benefit of allowing MC, which is, merchant.
    It'll be bad for server's population, 'cause even if you get e.g. 600 users online, people will say that 300 of 'em are MC's, while, i doubt that everyone's gonna MC ?
    Allowing MC works like a boomerang.
    By the way, what else you can call as a benefit beside increasing the number of the merchants in moradon ?

I noticed you didn't answer me when I asked you if you were in-game with those clients. So... were you?
    Nope? =o

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM