Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by twostars That's a lot of rogues. Is that a typical spread? It seems a bit of an ...
Page: 20

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    That's a lot of rogues. Is that a typical spread? It seems a bit of an extreme case; I just wonder if, assuming people were aware of the party limitation going in (as opposed to having created & geared their characters before knowing about it), they'd actively seek to work with the limitation, or just give the server a miss. A lot of people do play multiple classes though, and of course, especially in the case of clans, accounts are usually shared, so I'm not entirely convinced this is a problem likely to occur often. Of course, I'd really like to hear what others think on that.

Ultimately, KO's supposed to be a team game; each class is supposed to counter others, in some semblance of overall class balance. Sadly, it appears such parties (mages in particular) are too common, as together, they can be quite OP.. which is the core problem here. So what really should be happening is something to encourage diverse team-play, IMO.

Perhaps preventing them from joining the party, then, is the wrong approach... as indeed, if the above case is at all common, it can be unfair for those players. So... what about simply penalising them somehow? This becomes a lot more trickier, as you'd have to establish some sort of penalty that would actively discourage parties comprised of mostly the same class (that would noticeably affect all classes).

I don't know. Anyone else have any thoughts on it? Overthinking the problem, perhaps?
    It doesn't sound bad, of course an amount of players will deny to play on this server. It's risky BUT (IMO) it worths testing/risking 'cause if PK become balanced i'm sure server will be very crowded.
    The question for you is, does it worth risking ? =p

Edit: seems we've posted at the same time, so, mehhh.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    don't you get it? there shouldn't be mage or archer clans. They just ruin the balance and make the game worse for other classes.
    All clans should have all classes in them.
    I guess you should rewrite KO, because that is how this game is and most MMO's are. Full mage clans.. it's not as easy as it looks and same with archers.. it takes skills and communication to do so.. don't hate the players, hate the game. It is a strategy to do full mage and archer or warrior..

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    I guess you should rewrite KO, because that is how this game is and most MMO's are. Full mage clans.. it's not as easy as it looks and same with archers.. it takes skills and communication to do so.. don't hate the players, hate the game. It is a strategy to do full mage and archer or warrior..
    So in conclusion, what's your proposed solution to the balance problem? Leave it?

Banned Senior Member

Leave it. No matter what you do.. one side will complain.
    4YouNoHealStupiD likes this.

Make a voting about it please...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Another hater. l0l. Ever been in a full warrior party? It's equally OP.
    100% false.
    Warriors for the most part use (Swords, Axes, and Spears) being very predictable you can equip a CS and be taking around 400-600 dmg a hit.
    Whereas mages nova's no matter what always hit for nearly 1K (600-900 usually) and when you get 8 of those dropped on your head FROM A DISTANCE.
    and that's disregarding the messed up stun/slow rates in most servers on top of the lag it causes as well. lol
    blackfox likes this.

So in conclusion, what's your proposed solution to the balance problem? Leave it?
    In jpko they come with idea to make automatic maximum limit to joining same pt with same class by max 3 people and it was in 2007 ;p
    I mean if u had pt with for example 7 people ( 3 rogues 2 priests 2 warriors) and u wanted to add another 1 more sin it write on chat that u have pt full cuz of max rogue limit but u was able to add 1 more warrior or mage or priest to make 8 people in pt by this way u wasnt able to run with full mages or archers pt
    Last edited by Undef; 01-12-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    blackfox likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    100% false.
    Warriors for the most part use (Swords, Axes, and Spears) being very predictable you can equip a CS and be taking around 400-600 dmg a hit.
    Whereas mages nova's no matter what always hit for nearly 1K (600-900 usually) and when you get 8 of those dropped on your head FROM A DISTANCE.
    and that's disregarding the messed up stun/slow rates in most servers on top of the lag it causes as well. lol
    Mages die easy tho. And nova can be cancelled and cannot be spammed whereas a warrior can spam his skills. At least I find melee parties a lot stronger than mage parties almost every server I go.
    nickos3 and Darkuda like this.

Banned Senior Member

Well honestly I don't really know what to do about it lol. Either way we go not everyone is going to be happy. I could simply add a longer CD to ice/lightning shot if all else fails.

But a archer party with 6 archers, 1 mage and a duffer will really FUCK shit up. 6x archers that is basically spammable ice/lightning shot. No one will get to them ^_^ not even mages.

As stated before, though, we haven't even got to the stage of balancing classes yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    In jpko they come with idea to make automatic maximum limit to joining same pt with same class by max 3 people and it was in 2007 ;p
    I mean if u had pt with for example 7 people ( 3 rogues 2 priests 2 warriors) and u wanted to add another 1 more sin it write on chat that u have pt full cuz of max rogue limit but u was able to add 1 more warrior or mage or priest to make 8 people in pt by this way u wasnt able to run with full mages or archers pt
    Are you serious? They implemented exactly what I just proposed, with a limit of 3 people and all?
    Wow. I honestly didn't know.
    4YouNoHealStupiD likes this.

A poll would be in order here to see peoples' preferences. Maybe limiting same class players in a party is a bit harsh, but to promote team play you could half the number of nation points such parties make if they have more than say, 3 chars of the same class.

@ReesesPieces: I beg to differ with regards to how much skill you need in all-archer parties, in my opinion all you do need is vent/ts and target calling - with the biggest plus being you don't even gotta be close to the enemy lol. I don't have much experience with mage parties but equally I should imagine the same would apply - although mass killing does have its unique appeal lol. Warrior parties, no idea, but compared to the other two they do have to get close to do anything so yeah.

Banned

Are you serious? They implemented exactly what I just proposed, with a limit of 3 people and all?
    Wow. I honestly didn't know.
    I'd have to say that idea seems flawed anyways cause all people will do is make a few separate parties and roll together, still the same thing happening I'm sure.

Valid point to an extent, but they would have to share NPs in that set-up.
    Phoenix likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalFire View Post
    Valid point to an extent, but they would have to share NPs in that set-up.
    True, but when that's their only option I'm sure they'll do what humans do best, adapt.

İT is very hard ...

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM