Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by lowmy İT is very hard ... Spamming away to get that post for market section eh?...
Page: 21

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowmy View Post
    İT is very hard ...
    Spamming away to get that post for market section eh?

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Yeah this guy deserves a banhammer. Flood the report button !!!

Banned Senior Member

You obviously haven't been part of a truly good archer party then.. calling targets is easier said then done.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    You obviously haven't been part of a truly good archer party then.. calling targets is easier said then done.
    You don't even need to call target if you just attack the closest guy.
    thom likes this.

To avoid jumping to false conclusions I will just repeat that 'it is my opinion'. Your experience may be different, Kallop pretty much summed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalFire View Post
    A poll would be in order here to see peoples' preferences. Maybe limiting same class players in a party is a bit harsh, but to promote team play you could half the number of nation points such parties make if they have more than say, 3 chars of the same class.

@ReesesPieces: I beg to differ with regards to how much skill you need in all-archer parties, in my opinion all you do need is vent/ts and target calling - with the biggest plus being you don't even gotta be close to the enemy lol. I don't have much experience with mage parties but equally I should imagine the same would apply - although mass killing does have its unique appeal lol. Warrior parties, no idea, but compared to the other two they do have to get close to do anything so yeah.
    Well, based on the experiences I've had with melees and mages (I usually lead mage parties and then work together with melees.) I'd say mage takes much more skill if the server is even somewhat balanced. From the outside view it might look like it's just dropping novas randomly but if you compare mage parties together you'll notice there's huge differences between good teams and those who drop novas for 'teh lulz'. For example, you have to know all possible enemy locations and actually predict enemy movements much more than with melees. You also have to coordinate tps, novas and other kinds of things. In the end, a good mage party takes a whole lot of knowledge of the game while a melee party can do decent without much coordination.

I enjoy challenges no matter what class I play (Which usually leads to raging when you try kill a whole nation with 3 people but ye well..) and thus I rather have a server where I can fight both melees and mages equally. I've been in countless servers where the majority of the players are just bad which leads to the assumption that organized mage teams are overpowered. I don't think that at 70 cap this will be the case if mages do like 600-700 dmg with nova and die relatively easy. Melees have always been and will always be the stronger, no matter what people might say. Mages need the power of the whole party to be able to deliver the massive damage with novas. If you take care of one or two mages when they're dropping novas, you'll survive without any problems.

Banned

I think 70 cap with +8's/+1's MAX sounds perfect, leaving no room for extreme OP besides the weapons/armor you're using but that shouldn't be too hard from the sounds of it with a half decent clan and some farmtime.

Ventrilo or any kind of communicating is basicially the only thing to sucees in big battles. No matter of a party type.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnack View Post
    Ventrilo or any kind of communicating is basicially the only thing to sucees in big battles. No matter of a party type.
    Tell that to the moronic OP donate on other servers.. Running around like headless chickens and still murdering everyone.
    Like headless chickens with 8 chain guns implanted in it's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Tell that to the moronic OP donate on other servers.. Running around like headless chickens and still murdering everyone.
    Like headless chickens with 8 chain guns implanted in it's body.
    Donators use ventrilo more often than non donators. Vent and skill beats donators. Unless you play flegys 100usd hero set server.

Donors are only OP in servers where you can buy gear from PUS. If the gear is farm-able in game, the gap between donors and non-donors will be a lot smaller. And well, about MaxKO / FlameKO.. I don't think it's that smart to add a set, that gives you 200-250 more ac than any other armor in-game, to give donors a little advantage.

Banned Senior Member

Our top armor will give 5 ac more than shell on each piece and 5 light/fire/ice res on each piece. Everything in PUS is literally farmable besides the Monster Summon scrolls (people may hate that we're adding this but I really do not see the problem... people will have so many ways to get jewels its insane).

Bosses are on a 1 hour respawn time in bowl, not to mention boss war is everyday. We're probably adding weapons in PUS too at (+8). I don't really see the issue with that either being we will not be having crazy OP items. EVERYTHING is droppable, and bi-frost/juraid/ft items don't even make that big of a difference from regular items anyway.

However, whats ur guys opinion on Dread Shield/DoL, some people have a debate that they're OP on 70 caps which I can agree somewhat. I can nerf the AC that Dread Shield gives and maybe lower the dagger def on DOL by 5 or something.

Keep in mind, the (+8) stuff wouldn't be in PUS until a few days tho :P

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Well honestly I don't really know what to do about it lol. Either way we go not everyone is going to be happy. I could simply add a longer CD to ice/lightning shot if all else fails.

But a archer party with 6 archers, 1 mage and a duffer will really FUCK shit up. 6x archers that is basically spammable ice/lightning shot. No one will get to them ^_^ not even mages.

As stated before, though, we haven't even got to the stage of balancing classes yet lol.
    you should see my archer clan on OSKO tearing shit up lol without any ice or light shot. Even if you massively reduce skills and take out light ice shots, if I call that same team it's gonna ruin your server, but i won't ofc :P i got bored tbh

On balancing archer issue... it's somewhat 2 edged sword. If you reduce the range damage skills, people will complain cause they won't be able to solo as archers. If you leave it by db default settings, people will abuse that and make archer parties. Without doubt you can take out the slow and light skills that is ofc if all other skills of other classes are by default settings aswell. Reason being, many ppl form archer parties just to spam styx ice light dp dp, styx ice light dp dp. that's the combo archer parties are making that are inable to play solo archers. Shit is anoying as fuk. OSKO for example massively reduced even shadow hunter. With IB+7 and mastered 65 archer I was hitting warriors 350- 550 damage. When we made party consisting of a mage, duffer and 6 archers anything with the range and duffed dropped dead. Simply leading on vent, keeping distance and hitting closes targets did the trick. Not to say how paper mage parties got rolled if we caught them on open ground, it was basicaly NP farm, PK is not even the proper word for it.

My suggestion about archers is simply, remove the ice light skills (obivously), put 20 seconds cool down on styx, leave the dark pursuer and arrow shower multi shot combo normal for now but with a notice that it might be nerfed if needed. that way nobody can throw it in your face later. On beta you probably won't be able to see the true power of archers since there will most likely be no archer party to really see that going on in PK dynamics. As it goes VS wise, skill archer always was unbeatable in a non slide vs, skills must have been masively reduced in order not to be. It infact is a broken class once you trully comprehend its full dynamics and power and learn how to play it properly.
    Phoenix likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    you should see my archer clan on OSKO tearing shit up lol without any ice or light shot. Even if you massively reduce skills and take out light ice shots, if I call that same team it's gonna ruin your server, but i won't ofc :P i got bored tbh

On balancing archer issue... it's somewhat 2 edged sword. If you reduce the range damage skills, people will complain cause they won't be able to solo as archers. If you leave it by db default settings, people will abuse that and make archer parties. Without doubt you can take out the slow and light skills that is ofc if all other skills of other classes are by default settings aswell. Reason being, many ppl form archer parties just to spam styx ice light dp dp, styx ice light dp dp. that's the combo archer parties are making that are inable to play solo archers. Shit is anoying as fuk. OSKO for example massively reduced even shadow hunter. With IB+7 and mastered 65 archer I was hitting warriors 350- 550 damage. When we made party consisting of a mage, duffer and 6 archers anything with the range and duffed dropped dead. Simply leading on vent, keeping distance and hitting closes targets did the trick. Not to say how paper mage parties got rolled if we caught them on open ground, it was basicaly NP farm, PK is not even the proper word for it.

My suggestion about archers is simply, remove the ice light skills (obivously), put 20 seconds cool down on styx, leave the dark pursuer and arrow shower multi shot combo normal for now but with a notice that it might be nerfed if needed. that way nobody can throw it in your face later. On beta you probably won't be able to see the true power of archers since there will most likely be no archer party to really see that going on in PK dynamics. As it goes VS wise, skill archer always was unbeatable in a non slide vs, skills must have been masively reduced in order not to be. It infact is a broken class once you trully comprehend its full dynamics and power and learn how to play it properly.
    Everything you said is exactly as I was thinking lol. Archers on 70 cap with all their skills and archer combo is god mode.

This is the exact reason why I've been wanting to remove ice/light shot.But as Twoey was saying, we could limit how many people are in a party of the same class (or at least punish) but that would hurt mage parties pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post

Sheldon probably mentioned everything worth mentioning tbh. Sadly, archers are the hardest class to balance and they will always bring trouble to server owners. Gonna rant about it regardless.
    Let's say an archer hits an average of 400 with dark pursuer. One archer wouldn't be a problem to anybody considering hp pot heals 720 and minor heals that dmg easy. Also warriors and priests and mages and have a shield to decrease that dmg a bit. Now add another archer and you're screwed. With an archer party you would be even more dangerous considering archers can stay out of trouble with light feet. Archers can go from a balanced solo class to a destructive overpowered archer party way too easily. The problem is, what gear is the basic archer gear that you should be looking at? I'm currently playing in Reign Of Kronos and my archers damage goes up by ~200 when I use dex set instead of iron set. I can max like 900-1k dmg with dark pursuer. In a 70 cap server using dex set would most likely be fatal since your hp and ac are lower. This means that with iron set your damage would be too low, but you can't use dex set either since it drops your defensive ability. Obviously you'd have both sets so that you could switch but it'd still be risky. Question is, should dark pursuer be balanced to work with iron set or with the dex set?

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM