Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; @Kallop, please, do me a favour... STOP WRITING ESSAYS...
Page: 22

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

@Kallop, please, do me a favour...

STOP WRITING ESSAYS

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Sheldon probably mentioned everything worth mentioning tbh. Sadly, archers are the hardest class to balance and they will always bring trouble to server owners. Gonna rant about it regardless.
    Let's say an archer hits an average of 400 with dark pursuer. One archer wouldn't be a problem to anybody considering hp pot heals 720 and minor heals that dmg easy. Also warriors and priests and mages and have a shield to decrease that dmg a bit. Now add another archer and you're screwed. With an archer party you would be even more dangerous considering archers can stay out of trouble with light feet. Archers can go from a balanced solo class to a destructive overpowered archer party way too easily. The problem is, what gear is the basic archer gear that you should be looking at? I'm currently playing in Reign Of Kronos and my archers damage goes up by ~200 when I use dex set instead of iron set. I can max like 900-1k dmg with dark pursuer. In a 70 cap server using dex set would most likely be fatal since your hp and ac are lower. This means that with iron set your damage would be too low, but you can't use dex set either since it drops your defensive ability. Obviously you'd have both sets so that you could switch but it'd still be risky. Question is, should dark pursuer be balanced to work with iron set or with the dex set?
    Basic starter gear for archer is currently

- Iron Crossbow (+8)

- Chitins (+8)

Jewels are undecided still since we had a big debate about that before but there will be no iron set in starter gear I can tell you this much now.

I'd also like you guys to take a moment to vote on this poll on the forums, your vote will really matter on this decision.

http://legitko.com/topic/9999751/1/?x=0#post8176378

And btw Kallop, archer would not be hitting that hard on a 70 cap if thats what ur trying to say :P at least not unduffed.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Well then your choice is obivous. If you want to limit same class in 1 party by number, mages will cry. However if the server turns out ok it won't really matter the limit in party. Either mages or archers could still group up somehow not depending on party, that's if population is high you know. So I'd suggest either to neglect the party limit or use it. It doesn't really matter. But incase you choose not to use the party limit, Archer and mage skills would have to be given some thought on balancing. To keep it simplified tho, you could just limit archers atm with ice and light shot and increasing styx cooldown for now and see how it goes. You know how are private servers anyway. It's hard to keep population through time, even OSKO with 3k users split in sparta1 and sparta2 started noticably dropping. There you have to keep in mind that OSKO is well known server with huge fans pool. So for them it's obivous the balances are made based on the mass of people running in pk zone. To be realistic in your case it's probably not going to be like that. Further elaborating the population statement, Archers have great difficulties fighting in an obstacle filled areas, that being either tiny hills or ups and downs in terrain, trees or even random mobs circling around. It makes it difficult to Z target closes opponent cause it will lock to mob, even when targeted opponent if smart can quickly hide behind some obstacle or use terrain as cover. Archer parties camping infront bases will get bored fast for two possible reasons. One being is there won't be enough parties or people running out constantly to make it intereseting even if that is the case it gets boring fast, believe me. Second people will just find a way to evade them and run to bowl, wether being mages sneaking and tping party, rogues with light feets and stealth, warriors with some massive shields.

You could also put some random rabbits or some custom mobs spawning along the path to bowl to fix that problem if you don't want to nerf archers to much.

In short:
    Mage party advantage, nova range will effect every no matter the terrain or obstacle they are hidden behind. Disadvantage, can not escape mass of people when rushing in kamikaze mode, gets hit a lot.

Archer party advantage, destroys a single target with their range, can escape anyone because of light feet. Disadvantage, gets buttfuked by mobs, terrain, or obstacles.

Considering there will be randomly put mobs on the map, good mage team will ofcourse use that to their advantage. Archer team will in this case need to be extremely well organized to seek for proper angles of attack to be effective with extremely well lead manouver. And that angles and manouvers are hard to master. It took my archer clan members on osko around 2 weeks for all of them to even starting to understand the manouver and angle tactics with all the mage parties hiding behind trees and bombing novas.

someone fucking sum up the last pages in a sentence or two,dont have time to read all this shit you added/changed anything ?

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    someone fucking sum up the last pages in a sentence or two,dont have time to read all this shit you added/changed anything ?
    Just a debate atm, is all.

Klemen you have pretty good idea about the mobs spawning. I was honestly thinking about that lol it goes both ways tho. As you said mages will have more hiding spots but it will effect archers. In my honest opinion, archers are more of a mess in 70 caps than mages since mages die quick.

Anyway topic is on forum guys, feel free to vote on the poll, it will count.

http://legitko.com/topic/9999751/1/#poll440720

Other than that, boss war is added you can either go to forums or scroll back for the info on it Decerto cuz I don't want to retype it all lol.

We already have a CD on styx, but so far everyone is saying to remove Ice/Lightning shot. I'm just wondering how that is going to play out for solo pk archers.

maybe it doesn't have to be party limit, maybe there are other ways to make classes balanced.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    maybe it doesn't have to be party limit, maybe there are other ways to make classes balanced.
    Maybe instead of removing both ice and light shot, you could keep one or the other, but only one of them, and adjust cool-down to your liking.

Banned Regular Member

i don't see the point, of removing ice and light shot at all. when they are 60ish skills, and there is solo archers ,
    that play ko and like to pk solo. i feel without them 2 skills archer is useless, and wont be able to kite anyone,
    especially with the slows warrior and mages has. so in all honestly -1 about removing ice and light that's my opinion
    NoOneCanStopMe and Phoenix like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMath View Post
    i don't see the point, of removing ice and light shot at all. when they are 60ish skills, and there is solo archers ,
    that play ko and like to pk solo. i feel without them 2 skills archer is useless, and wont be able to kite anyone,
    especially with the slows warrior and mages has. so in all honestly -1 about removing ice and light that's my opinion
    AfterMath is actually right,since your server is 70 level cap, ice shot and light shot should be added 100% since there skills under 70 and not upper, you can lower there dmg but why would you remove there skills? its like removing howling sword to warrior and tell him to use sword dancing...

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    AfterMath is actually right,since your server is 70 level cap, ice shot and light shot should be added 100% since there skills under 70 and not upper, you can lower there dmg but why would you remove there skills? its like removing howling sword to warrior and tell him to use sword dancing...
    You're actually wrong, 70 cap never had ice light shot unless customly added. And without those skills it can't compare to remowing HS from a warrior >< Ice and light shot were implemented in fire drake patch. I'm all for those skills to be left in as i'm archer myself I'm just trying to be objective and taking in consideration other classes as well. Cause a skilled archer with ice and light shot is going to be big pain in the ass xD

Banned Senior Member

I just finished coding up the NPC for boss war. Each nation has 1 guardian, that guardian will drop a jewel at 50% rate. You can turn in 10 of those jewels to obtain a gem that gives 1 random PUS item (anything in the PUS.) The guardian will only be spawned 1 time in the boss war inside of each nations tower so it will not be easy to kill those guardians considering the nation will most likely be protecting them :P

Our boss war is going to be very unique guys, I know for a fact the PK will be amazing in it. You basically have to choose to either kill bosses, farm the knights for juraid items, or try to take out the guardian for the jewel all while raiding the opposite nation and protecting ur bosses/guardian.

The way I see it, there is a very high likelihood that if you allow more than 3 characters of the same class in a party, the following things will happen:

- the beginning of the server will see plenty of archer/mage parties that will dominate the PK scene for a number of weeks

- as seen on other servers some folks are going to quit because of that, I for one most likely would if 90% of the people I would pk against were in all-mage or all archer parties (this shit is hell of a lot boring on both the giving and the receiving end, the former takes a bit longer to bore you to death though)

- then after a number of weeks not only will you have lost some population due to the above, but you will most likely lose the mages and archers from those parties too - it just gets plain boring after a while

- so you lose out twice

On the other hand, if the limitation is introduced and properly change managed, then maybe this will not put off too many players.

I am not saying that will happen 100%, just throwing this up as another point for discussion.
    blackfox likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalFire View Post
    The way I see it, there is a very high likelihood that if you allow more than 3 characters of the same class in a party, the following things will happen:

- the beginning of the server will see plenty of archer/mage parties that will dominate the PK scene for a number of weeks

- as seen on other servers some folks are going to quit because of that, I for one most likely would if 90% of the people I would pk against were in all-mage or all archer parties (this shit is hell of a lot boring on both the giving and the receiving end, the former takes a bit longer to bore you to death though)

- then after a number of weeks not only will you have lost some population due to the above, but you will most likely lose the mages and archers from those parties too - it just gets plain boring after a while

- so you lose out twice

On the other hand, if the limitation is introduced and properly change managed, then maybe this will not put off too many players.

I am not saying that will happen 100%, just throwing this up as another point for discussion.
    Good points indeed but we need a lot more feedback on this considering it will impact the server in a bad or good way. It is a BIG change in KO to do something like this so we really need a lot of feedback and votes on the forum.

http://legitko.com/topic/9999751/1/?x=0#post8176378

Everyone needs to get on the forums and vote so we will know where to go from.

EDIT :

I am also curious in your guys opinions as far as making PK very active goes. We talked about this a few days ago, I offered to do a NP exchange type of NPC in CZ but ifyou guys can think of anything different feel free to post. I don't know if I'll do the gem of bravery quest... I'll think about it.

I wonder if It could be bugged tho :P first add 1 guy to party so there are 2 in party then just send invitation to 6 other same classes while their invitation is on screen then they all click OK xD but probably twoey already thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    @Kallop, please, do me a favour...

STOP WRITING ESSAYS
    Okay let me adjust to your lvl.

Archer op l0l nerf plx.
    blackfox likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1