Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Giving the reward to every in party will leave us with the same problee... Few players logging in with different ...
Page: 26

Giving the reward to every in party will leave us with the same problee... Few players logging in with different characters and feeding the whole party. Only reasonable 'fix' I can think of would be to set pk item drop as random and not give it on each kill.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Giving the reward to every in party will leave us with the same problem , couple players logging in different pc with beginner characters and feeding the whole party. Only reasonable 'fix' I can think of would be to set pk item drop as random and not give it on each kill.
    Actually, i don't find this as a problem.

PK Party must be strong, in order to get some kills. You can abuse it that way only if there's (e.g.) 1 assasin who hunts in CZ for newbies farming etc. But, still, why 'd we call it abusable since anyone could be invited in the party and go afk just to leech some 'rewards' ?

I think the only way to really deal with that sort of thing anyway is to queue kills and reduce & ultimately not give out any rewards until a certain time's elapsed.
    Still very iffy on specifics, and they could certainly take their time to bypass it, but any gain would still be considerably reduced. Also, they'd be more likely to be banned or such before they can abuse it too extensively.

Edit:
    To clarify (since I obviously didn't read the above posts thoroughly enough), leeching kills isn't really a problem. NP transferring to obtain those items (and obviously, get NP) is the main issue. It's harder to identify who's actually in a party (though, not with proper logs: but that's still after-the-fact manual checking).

On another note, range checks wouldn't go too far astray, seeing as how those who really gain from NP transferring are mains in parties nowhere near the abusers (but still in the same zone).

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    To be honest, while a little overboard, I don't blame him. All you're doing is blatantly advertising your server in another server's thread...
    You are clearly misinterpreting my intentions :S This is a development topic, I am contributing and also could accept a few ideas to incorporate to another project. My server and this one are two different server types. I also, few pages ago, gave credit to this server and commented on how nice it looked, not at all trying to flame or anything.

I get flamed by admin Afterman from one of his other G4L accounts

sorry for the flame post in your topic Legitko admins but this kid pissed me off aKnightsOnline you will never be good at anything you will allways be a fail and a dev that is just a stealer of other servers ideas like i said the award for being a fail gos to you

for no reason? But anyway, nothing else to talk about I'm done with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Well we've decided that they're gonna be a PK quest meaning when you kill someone it'll drop a quest item, and no it won't be abusable like on other servs :P

It's just the thought of how I'll set the exchanges up etc.

As for farm quests, I can do those it's just... what for specifically :P
    Replace it with manner point since its useless on this kind of server (e.g 1 kill 1 manner and 100x manner = 1x raptor+8 item)

Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Replace it with manner point since its useless on this kind of server (e.g 1 kill 1 manner and 100x manner = 1x raptor+8 item)
    It not being an item, I suppose, does have its merits (more storage space, easier [faster] to track on website, etc)... but it would still suffer the same problem.
    It would also mean having to patch out existing manner point behaviour (though that's not really much of a chore).

It not being an item, I suppose, does have its merits (more storage space, easier [faster] to track on website, etc)... but it would still suffer the same problem.
    It would also mean having to patch out existing manner point behaviour (though that's not really much of a chore).

Well its actually does help from the rezz bug abuse .
    its like nps, 100 manner point and exchange them from npc to get items .

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

its like nps, 100 manner point and exchange them in npc to get items .
    There's no "rezz bug abuse" when you talk to twostars. Yet to understand ; cheww <,<
    zuka likes this.

its like nps, 100 manner point and exchange them from npc to get items .
    I honestly don't know how that would have been caused in the setup other servers were using, but even if you were to use manner points, I don't see how that would cause it to behave differently.
    The reward would still be being given, be it manner points or items.

Banned Senior Member

Senseless to make raptor (+8) when it's droppable in CZ :P

Well not droppable at (+8) :P but you get what I mean
    zuka likes this.

I honestly don't know how that would have been caused in the setup other servers were using, but even if you were to use manner points, I don't see how that would cause it to behave differently.
    The reward would still be being given, be it manner points or items.
    The manner point should setup like National points so its different ,when you get rezz you wont get National point .

Banned Senior Member

Hmmmmmmmmm curious, would you guys like the Breth/Piana maps? :P Or stick to the old emc/luferson.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm curious, would you guys like the Breth/Piana maps? :P Or stick to the old emc/luferson.
    EMC/Luf ftw
    zuka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieguy View Post
    so first off CONGRATZ for being so Noob haha im just openly Surprised you even admit it i quote again "
    we will have to incorporate some of these ideas on our server as well, some nice feedback in here" end quote* fucking retard what MR im so pro cant do any work or think of ideas your fucking self? you selfish tard i hope you choke on the ideas and shit all these people are trying to add for Legitko,!!!! aKnightsOnline sucks ass because u admit u steal other peoples hard work haha you cant even do anything yourself so much of a fail you are and the AWARD go's to you. sorry for the flame post in your topic Legitko admins but this kid pissed me off aKnightsOnline you will never be good at anything you will allways be a fail and a dev that is just a stealer of other servers ideas like i said the award for being a fail gos to you aKnightsOnline BTW i cant wait to donate on LegitKO to support the server !!!
    I really hope you're not one of the admins/gms of this server.

I'm not sure if twoey already mentioned it, but at least I would totally abuse the party bug with my laptop. Most of my clannies have 2nd computers to log another char to sit in cz town and party bug them in. Thus you can double your gains from PvP rewards
    zuka and blackfox like this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM