Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by nickos3 Nah i won't bother writing down a complete list, lol. Shocker. Originally Posted by nickos3 osmanx ...
Page: 46

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Nah i won't bother writing down a complete list, lol.
    Shocker.

osmanx was actually the one who changed my mind:
    Oh that's great, you've finally moved on from using myself to osmanx as your brain.
    Maybe eventually you'll learn how to think for yourself, and then the world will be your oyster!

In all seriousness, just because other servers don't have/want it, doesn't mean it's "wrong" and shouldn't be done.
    His turk servers are all the same crap [edit: referring to servers not run by him, of course. I worded that poorly.], so I simply don't understand the reasoning that "since the turks don't do it, it's a bad idea".

Heck, you didn't even bother to bring up the same reasons I gave you. There's no "right" or "wrong" answer; some servers don't want to bother.
    Here, there's reduced risk of abuse, so the pros outweigh the cons... so the decision was made to go with it.

What turk servers do doesn't even remotely come close to deciding problems like this, at least not for me. I prefer to use logic and reason.

It's not that i don't like/care about people using MC to create a merchant.
    I was the one who even thought of allowing MC on my server about 1 or 2 months ago but i wasn't even thinking the abuses that 'd be done, at this time.
    Oh, you were the one who thought of allowing multiclienting? How innovative of you! Were you the one who originally came up with the idea to make use of multiclienting by joining parties too?
    Someone should give you a really big cookie for that, because it's ingenious really.

Actually, there's just 1 benefit of allowing MC, which is, merchant.
    It'll be bad for server's population, 'cause even if you get e.g. 600 users online, people will say that 300 of 'em are MC's, while, i doubt that everyone's gonna MC ?
    Allowing MC works like a boomerang.

By the way, what else you can call as a benefit beside increasing the number of the merchants in moradon ?
    Wow, at least try reading my post. I listed 3 benefits, one of which was reinforced by FuriousKo.
    Just because you either don't know how to read, or simply refuse to acknowledge the presence of other reasons which clash with your views, doesn't mean they don't exist (for those people that can - and do - read, and aren't simply trying to knock a server down because they feel like being a know-it-all will help them get players).

Here, since you can't read:
    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    - having a client up for trade/merchanting purposes, while you use the other for playing.
    - Or using it to safely trade between accounts (i.e. without the risk of using a third party for it).
    - Not to mention the added bonus of it making the server a bit more full, for those that care about player counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    i dont think multiclient is that bad of a idea i can see the usefulness of it. one example would be less people getting scammed cause item transfer
    See, I even split up the post for you so you could wrap your head around it (but if you still have trouble, just delegate it to osmanx. He'll help you make sense of it.).

Nope? =o
    Then try doing so before proclaiming that the sky is falling. If you can do so (in the same environment), you'll get your cookie.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

First of all, for your 2nd quote, lol
    It was funny reading that but it really doesn't make sense.

So much irony in here, i thought that you liked to discuss about stuff that may affect badly your server.
    You're so upset lately, urgh.

Wow, at least try reading my post. I listed 3 benefits, one of which was reinforced by FuriousKo.
    Transfering items ? hooray inn hostess !

So i'm asking again, is there any other benefit besides that, of using a second character to merchant ?

Then try doing so before proclaiming that the sky is falling. If you can do so (in the same environment), you'll get your cookie.
    Got nothing to prove. Thanks for the invitation (and for the cookie!).

Oh, you were the one who thought of allowing multiclienting? How innovative of you! Were you the one who originally came up with the idea to make use of multiclienting by joining parties too?
    Someone should give you a really big cookie for that, because it's ingenious really.
    Seriously, this is what you understood ? -.-

So much irony in here, i thought that you liked to discuss about stuff that may affect badly your server.
    It's not my server, however when ignorant people come here and proclaim that the sky is falling (read: I can bypass dat multiclienting because I'm awesome) because they're idiots (read: not even bothering to attempt getting ingame), and say that "multiclienting is just bad for reasons and shouldn't under any circumstances or without any limitations be allowed ever" (and not bothering to even put forth said "reasons"), I find it amusing to prod said people into demonstrating their idiocy in its fully glory.

And you, my friend, are doing just fine.

Yeah, I can totally use my inn hostess to transfer items to my other accounts too. We're just that good!

So i'm asking again, is there any other benefit besides that, of using a second character to merchant ?
    Hi. See above.

Got nothing to prove. Thanks for the invitation (and for the cookie!).
    Aaaand there we go. You're just that good! :-)
    Perhaps if you don't want to have to prove anything, you shouldn't try to be something you're not.

Seriously, this is what you understood ? -.-
    Yes. If you wish to make a point, maybe you should try not mangling the English language to do so; it's nobody's fault but your own when it results in miscommunication.

Banned Senior Member

can your brain not comprehend that there is a need to transfer items to different accounts? just asking.

It's not my server, however when ignorant people come here and proclaim that the sky is falling (read: I can bypass dat multiclienting because I'm awesome) because they're idiots (read: not even bothering to attempt getting ingame), and say that "multiclienting is just bad for reasons and shouldn't under any circumstances or without any limitations be allowed ever" (and not bothering to even put forth said "reasons"), I find it amusing to prod said people into demonstrating their idiocy in its fully glory.

And you, my friend, are doing just fine.
    I didn't say it's YOUR *singular* but YOUR *plural*. You're part of it.
    So people are not allowed to discuss or give suggestions in this topic because who ever does, will be called 'ignorant people'. Also, they're being called idiots 'cause they are saying the truth, which is, the possibility to execute more times the KnightOnline Client than twice. Thank you for the kind words.

Yeah, I can totally use my inn hostess to transfer items to my other accounts too. We're just that good!
    Are there people who trade items away on a different account ?
    You don't have to trade items on different accounts as long as multiclient is disabled.
    No multiclient = main account for merchant during AFK/SleepingMode = No need of this, so called, benefit.

Aaaand there we go. You're just that good! :-)
    Perhaps if you don't want to have to prove anything, you shouldn't try to be something you're not.
    Please tell me, what am i trying to be ?

Yes. If you wish to make a point, maybe you should try not mangling the English language to do so; it's nobody's fault but your own when it results in miscommunication.
    A ha ! so it's a miscommunication issue. Not that you always think evil side.

Are there people who trade items away on a different account ?
    You don't have to trade items on different accounts as long as multiclient is disabled.
    No multiclient = main account for merchant during AFK/SleepingMode = No need of this, so called, benefit.
    You may not feel this way, but at least one other person here at least (FuriousKo) does. Heck, the only reason I entertained the idea in the first place is because players found actual benefit to doing so. Not because I desired it, and not because LegitKO staff requested it (they didn't, since I'd already implemented it for another server their involvement with this was no more than "so I do this x way, this fine with you or would you prefer it handled another way?", to which the answer was effectively "it's fine"). The suggestion was originally brought to me by players who actually proceeded to use it in this manner, contrary to what you may think. Heck, not everyone can leave KO running while they sleep.

So yes, there are people who play the game and do so, and this does benefit them.

Since it's clear you're offering absolutely nothing in the way of valid discussion points, I propose a simple solution for you: ignore what LegitKO is doing, and just focus on your own server. So, deal with multiclienting however you (or turks?) desire, and continue making your decisions based on what osmanx says/turks do, and LegitKO will keep doing what it's doing.

It's a win/win.
    nickos3 likes this.

Yeah, fair enough.

I want to say to you all, who're in the LegitKO's staff, GL. Let's hope for something good to come out.

Can't be arsed reading through all replies , and not taking sides but as said it's really not your concern if they want to enable multi-triple clienting as long as they are happy with that. I think it's lot better to just enable it than listen people crying over those who multiclient.

Will it be possible, for example to make one party with 4 real players and 4 MC characters and then get your friends fake characters and kill them just to get PK awards?
    Hide somewhere on the map and do repeat this process?

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Will it be possible, for example to make one party with 4 real players and 4 MC characters and then get your friends fake characters and kill them just to get PK awards?
    I wouldn't try it; this server has extended death logs that make it fairly obvious what you're doing.

Oh the pk award thing is much easier abused than that You won't even have to join the party, besides you can use other computers to do it other servers that have the same system anyway. You can have 10 characters sitting in town with party invite and just pk with your clan and those characters will gain whatever item you get for killing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Oh the pk award thing is much easier abused than that You won't even have to join the party, besides you can use other computers to do it other servers that have the same system anyway. You can have 10 characters sitting in town with party invite and just pk with your clan and those characters will gain whatever item you get for killing players.
    Except you won't here, because you need to be in range of the combat to be rewarded. Unless of course the combat's *at* the bases...

Perhaps some sort of combat activity timer's needed, to prevent leechers from being rewarded (of course, then you could just make them do something combat-y during the combat and they'd be rewarded). Meh.
    I should think it'd be fairly obvious anyway.

Banned Senior Member

I can see NP Transferring in this servers future, to be honest? Are you guys just trying to be different by allowing it or what? True, some advantages to it, but their are some disadvantages also.. which nikos has listed already. I mean I understand, make it the most UNIQUE server alive, but their are issues with it.. while you're at it Two, just open up KOXP and say hey! It's beneficial! It allows you to get off your arse and go do things while gaming! But hey, just my opinion and take on it. Multi client has been out-ruled on several games, and several servers, as it gives those with a slower PC an unfair advantage against those with a faster PC. You will probably ask HOW DOE! Well it's rather simple, you got two clients set up, so you can level on one account and also level on the other, or even heal yourself on one and then vice versa, you get the point with it. Now, this server may be different and you may be able to handle it, as you have two assisting you with it, but why bother with it.. it's the same thing I said before, if the system already works, why bother messing with it.. multi client has been banned on every other server, you're just causing more problems on your end, but if you're for it. Go for it.
    blackfox and nickos3 like this.

I'm sure lots of people including me have older/weaker computers on which you can't PK and merch on multiclient without having serious lagg issues in PK.

KO is 10 years old game, a lot of people play it because they can't play new games on their computers.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    I can see NP Transferring in this servers future, to be honest?
    Do you honestly think there wouldn't be if it was forbidden? News flash: it's "forbidden" by default.

Are you guys just trying to be different by allowing it or what?
    No, as stated (if you'd care to read some of the above posts), LegitKO had very little to do with this. It was actually implemented for another server.

True, some advantages to it, but their are some disadvantages also.. which nikos has listed already. I mean I understand, make it the most UNIQUE server alive, but their are issues with it.. while you're at it Two, just open up KOXP and say hey! It's beneficial! It allows you to get off your arse and go do things while gaming! But hey, just my opinion and take on it.
    You're looking at it as if it's far worse than it really is: it's not remotely like official, where they implemented in-game autolooting and such. Nobody's saying "go on, go cheat!" -- far from it. The general reasoning is: players are going to cheat, we might as well control it as best we can and not let legit players suffer for it.

Multi client has been out-ruled on several games, and several servers, as it gives those with a slower PC an unfair advantage against those with a faster PC.
    (citation needed)
    What about World of Warcraft (being the popular MMORPG it is such that it's often used for comparison)? It doesn't make any such attempt.
    At the same time though, the way their auction house works is very different to KO's merchanting (being that you don't need to sit around waiting for someone to buy your stuff), so apples/oranges and all that; I'm sure each game has their reasoning for it, which should be used on a game to game basis. Not "these games don't do it, why should KO".

You will probably ask HOW DOE! Well it's rather simple, you got two clients set up, so you can level on one account and also level on the other, or even heal yourself on one and then vice versa, you get the point with it.
    Thanks, I didn't understand how that worked.

Now, this server may be different and you may be able to handle it, as you have two assisting you with it, but why bother with it.. it's the same thing I said before, if the system already works, why bother messing with it.. multi client has been banned on every other server, you're just causing more problems on your end, but if you're for it. Go for it.
    But that's just it -- the 'system' you so fondly speak of doesn't work. On every one of these servers people NP transfer. They may not get away with it, but they do it nonetheless.
    The point is, as it's going to happen (and be dealt with) regardless, we might as well help players out by allowing them to trade between accounts without a third party (reduces potential for scams), and allow them to merchant their goods AND PK (means potentially more activity vs letting it sit there, or not even being able to just leave it on merchanting overnight).

These are two very good reasons for allowing one other instance.

I'm sure lots of people including me have older/weaker computers on which you can't PK and merch on multiclient without having serious lagg issues in PK.

KO is 10 years old game, a lot of people play it because they can't play new games on their computers.
    There's not much anyone can do about that, and really there's not much of an advantage to be gained by it.
    Really: https://xkcd.com/1172/

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM