Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am sorry wut? You totally took what I said completely wrong. I said regarding leveling and exping you brought ...
Page: 47

Banned Senior Member

I am sorry wut? You totally took what I said completely wrong. I said regarding leveling and exping you brought in the WoW auction house? Enough with the merchanting thing, I don't care and to be honest, it isn't going to prevent scamming, news flash as you would say, people will still get scammed, even with two clients, in-fact, it may just make it easier! Pretend to be some other person, impersonation, pretend to be a trusted middleman, lol.. I mean come on now two. You really don't believe multi client will prevent scamming.

There isn't much of an advantage to other players with two clients? lolwut.

It's an idiotic idea, fair and simple. It isn't going to fix anything, nor is it going to better anything. While yes, np transferring will still happen? But with your route? Just make it easier for em, allow em to run two clients! Wewt!

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post

It's an idiotic idea, fair and simple. It isn't going to fix anything, nor is it going to better anything. While yes, np transferring will still happen? But with your route? Just make it easier for em, allow em to run two clients! Wewt!
    Death logs

Banned Senior Member

Right.. death logs, or you could have a GM staff that knows what their doing and can be reached through skype, enjoy monitoring those wonderful logs, keep em open 24/7 wewt. I was just throwing my opinion, don't go on the defensive, apparently another guy agreed, and you brushed him off. So. It's whatever to me. I was just voicing my opinion.

I am sorry wut? You totally took what I said completely wrong. I said regarding leveling and exping you brought in the WoW auction house?
    Um, no... you mentioned that other games forbid it, so I brought up the fact that WoW for instance doesn't. What I also said was, the situations don't even remotely compare because the auction house works differently to KO, (awkwardly) making the point that since games are different, they have different reasoning for things, and you shouldn't generalise it.

Enough with the merchanting thing, I don't care and to be honest, it isn't going to prevent scamming, news flash as you would say, people will still get scammed, even with two clients, in-fact, it may just make it easier! Pretend to be some other person, impersonation, pretend to be a trusted middleman, lol.. I mean come on now two. You really don't believe multi client will prevent scamming.
    I never said that. Ever. Don't put words into my mouth.

The one particular situation that I was referring to was players trading items to their own accounts. With multiclienting not an option (assuming there's no other PC's for them to do so on), they'd have to go through a third party to trade their item over, risking a scam.
    To dumb it down:
    - Player A logs into "Alice".
    - Player A (Alice) trades items to player B.
    - Player A logs out and logs into "Bob".
    - Player B trades items to player A (Bob).

After player B has the items, they can (and have!) simply keep the items for themselves.

Being able to trade themselves directly would remove this particular risk, would it not? Yes, it would, therefore my statement stands.

There isn't much of an advantage to other players with two clients? lolwut.

You should go back and read my responses to nickos.

Banned Senior Member

Right.. death logs, or you could have a GM staff that knows what their doing and can be reached through skype, enjoy monitoring those wonderful logs, keep em open 24/7 wewt. I was just throwing my opinion, don't go on the defensive, apparently another guy agreed, and you brushed him off. So. It's whatever to me. I was just voicing my opinion.
    I don't understand why you had to bring in the GM staff when we'll obviously have one. But the death logs are a plus.. lol. I wish you guys would just stop ranting about MC because it is staying.

I don't see how in any way is having MC a bad thing. There is plenty of other games that allow dual clients. You guys realize that WoW even allows multiclient lol. Honestly it is not my problem that some have PC's that can't push 2 clients...

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

I remember when someone made No Drama KO, this one should be named Drama KO, cuz what i've seen from few last pages, its all about drama.
    Drama here drama there. Maybe lets cut the drama and focus on KO? Well we can't do that shit cuz KO is about 3 things (in general).
    1) Drama
    2) Drama
    3) babashopping
    InfernalFire likes this.

Banned Senior Member

How are we ranting? We are voicing our opinions regarding it? There is problems with it, and if two is blind and obviously cannot see it, then so be it.

Also, I was meaning trading with other players, not with themselves. Kudos, you fixed one form of scamming. Anyway, give the advantage to the people with faster PC's and the disadvantage with slower PC's, wonderful idea. It sort of is your problem, as your making it a problem, as blackfox said himself, he hasn't bought a new computer as KO is run on low grapihcs as it is.

Drama? How is me providing a valid argument to their idea drama? lol.

Regarding WoW, no, they don't support it intentionally, you can download virtualboxes and do it yourself, but it isn't supported naturally as it requires a third party app which isn't allowed by WoW, so you can scratch that theory out.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    I remember when someone made No Drama KO, this one should be named Drama KO, cuz what i've seen from few last pages, its all about drama.
    Drama here drama there. Maybe lets cut the drama and focus on KO? Well we can't do that shit cuz KO is about 3 things (in general).
    1) Drama
    2) Drama
    3) babashopping
    These last few pages are nothing compared to earlier in the pages lol.

There is problems with it, and if two is blind and obviously cannot see it, then so be it.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

Regarding WoW, no, they don't support it intentionally, you can download virtualboxes and do it yourself, but it isn't supported naturally as it requires a third party app which isn't allowed by WoW, so you can scratch that theory out.
    Huh? You don't need any third party utilities, or virtual machines. There's no restrictions on it, or there weren't when I last played... just that you have 2 accounts. Has that changed?
    Anyway, whether or not WoW does or does not, the point still stands.

Banned Senior Member

Running two separate WoW clients - Forums - World of Warcraft

It seems it isn't as easy it was once was, which leads me to believe they are going to out-rule it eventually, and it still has issues with it, I was just voicing my opinion on the topic, do as you will.

Good day.

Banned Senior Member

It seems it isn't as easy it was once was, which leads me to believe they are going to out-rule it eventually, and it still has issues with it, I was just voicing my opinion on the topic, do as you will.

Good day.
    I watch people that dual client on WoW all the time.

Twitch

Edit : Anyway, there is always negatives and positives to everything you add to a server. Even things you do in real life. Not everyone is always satisfied, and sometimes you have to take risks. I believe enabling dual client is a good thing. The postives are good, and the negatives can be dealt with. There will always be scammers and cheaters. This is what GM's are for, to stop those type of people.

We will have GM's and will be careful who we add as GM. GM's will be required to be active as possible as well. You guys mentioned things about NP transfer, people will do that no matter what... with or without multiclient. That goes back to deathlogs, all it takes is for us to check death logs as often as possible. Not to mention players can simply report people that they think is np transferring.
    Last edited by bigdudle; 03-18-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

Good day.
    Looks like they changed it. See, even back then you didn't need to do anything at all.

Regardless, my point still stands that you shouldn't try to draw a conclusion based on what (unspecified) random games do.
    I am also still of the opinion, based on my personal experience with cheaters (not to mention the state of the server this is used on already), that it's really going to have very little to no effect on NP transferring, and that it helps more than it harms (even if just a little).
    Additionally, the whole "what about those people who have super old PCs that can't even run two instances of a 10 year old game" argument I find silly; really, this does not stop them from being able to play, it's not going to harm PVP (controlling two characters at once isn't easy...), the worst it'll do is help people kill bosses "solo", if they can even take the bosses before another party...

This is why I do not understand what the big deal is; as stated, regardless of this extremely minor change, NP transferring's still going to happen. It does, however, kill off one means of scamming, and helps the majority of people play more (not sure what people with extremely outdated PC's expect here, I mean... dual clienting KO of all games isn't a difficult task for PCs built, I don't know, at least since 2006-7; I was able to do so extremely easily back then.).

So I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    You guys mentioned things about NP transfer, people will do that no matter what... with our without multiclient. That goes back to deathlogs, all it takes is for us to check death logs as often as possible. Not to mention players can simply report people that they think is np transferring.
    Yeah, and it's especially easy here since they're logged nicely to a database with all of the info you'd care about. I might even rig something up to help out with keeping an eye on it, though I probably wouldn't go so far as automated punishment, as I'm not particularly fond of this method for automatically dealing with it.

I've always said that it'd be a much better idea to just reduce NP gain on repeat kills, but I've never really bothered doing so because a. previously it was awkward without the entirety of the method(s) there to be aware of, and b. GMs (*with* the help of player reporting) have always done an excellent job of ensuring they're dealt with.
    Now that I've replaced all of that functionality in the server though, I could probably fairly easy add in logic for it.

But yeah, NP transferring really isn't a huge issue. Between the range checks ('cause they tend to have other chars in their party far away from them, but still in the zone earning NP), and the fact it's fully logged (meaning you get the entire party and such), there's really no worries about catching them. Even moreso if those ever get shown on the panel, which will probably happen.
    Did I mention staff can see who's in your party at any given time? (Not to mention ban/DC entire parties)

I think it's fairly well covered.
    Last edited by twostars; 03-18-2014 at 07:47 PM.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post

Arrowshower/Multishot combo *should* be much better now than before but need some of you to confirm that for me.
    My understanding of archer class not good enough while helping you tweak it? :O *e-offended* :P j/k

As it goes for multi-client. What is the hot fire going on about dual client discussion. Come on really if you really want to do it you can use sandbox or processxplorer. Naming just 2 such programs, even if blocked server side process name can be changed probably. Dual clienting is really not an issue not one server has put serious effort to try and block it. Cause whoever has good pc and has merchant char (and want one online) will and probably always has been dual clienting in one way or another. I did it on osko and many servers while exping 24/7. FPS don't matter when you exp, PK is another story (for my shitty pc) xD Simply put they just enabled it to spare you the trouble. They got twostar in team, i mean, the dude invented trade dupe fix amongst many others, and you worry about bugs that can be caused by dual client. Get your background knowledge of the english developing community straight ><

*harsh response ayee, vodka is a bitch. Dormitory parties rulzzZZzz*

P.S: It took me 45 minutes to spell check entire text.
    AfterMath and Kallop like this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    My understanding of archer class not good enough while helping you tweak it? :O *e-offended* :P j/k

As it goes for multi-client. What is the hot fire going on about dual client discussion. Come on really if you really want to do it you can use sandbox or processxplorer. Naming just 2 such programs, even if blocked server side process name can be changed probably. Dual clienting is really not an issue not one server has put serious effort to try and block it. Cause whoever has good pc and has merchant char (and want one online) will and probably always has been dual clienting in one way or another. I did it on osko and many servers while exping 24/7. FPS don't matter when you exp, PK is another story (for my shitty pc) xD Simply put they just enabled it to spare you the trouble. They got twostar in team, i mean, the dude invented trade dupe fix amongst many others, and you worry about bugs that can be caused by dual client. Get your background knowledge of the english developing community straight ><

*harsh response ayee, vodka is a bitch. Dormitory parties rulzzZZzz*

P.S: It took me 45 minutes to spell check entire text.
    LOL you sure as hell drink a lot Klemen

Anyway, couldn't of said it better myself :P
    AfterMath likes this.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

idgaf about multi client , if the server is fun i'l stay if its not i'l go PEACE OUT

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM