Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A letter to server owners.

This is a discussion on A letter to server owners. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Your server is not getting any users because your server is bad. You should work more and do more research ...
Page: 1

Default A letter to server owners.

Your server is not getting any users because your server is bad. You should work more and do more research about what people actually want to play. It's kind of like supply and demand principle. You copy everything from other servers and expect players. Things you need to do.

• Actually know the game
    • If you are making farm server then make the drops actually make sense
    • Be creative
    • Respect the community and other server owners
    • Either know how to code or get someone to work with you who does(Prof and Avci)
    • Be fair
    • Speak English fluently or do not post your shit server to a English community forum

And also stop DDOSing other servers because you are jealous. This will not get you any gain. If you think this is an idea you suck as a person anyways and no one will play in your server.

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    Your server is not getting any users because your server is bad. You should work more and do more research about what people actually want to play. It's kind of like supply and demand principle. You copy everything from other servers and expect players. Things you need to do.

• Actually know the game
    • If you are making farm server then make the drops
    • Be creative
    • Respect the community and other server owners
    • Either know how to code or get someone to work with you who does(Prof and Avci)
    • Be fair
    • Speak English fluently or do not post your shit server to a English community forum

And also stop DDOSing other servers because you are jealous. This will not get you any gain. If you think this is an idea you suck as a person anyways and no one will play in your server.

I will asnwer you with this:

My Server (KoPlus) Gonna Open this weekend (05/10)

1. I know the game - i have played it for 7-8 years and was the top on my server (on carnac west) - Top Np Holder, Clan Leader of Csw Holding clan (not 1 week but monthes), farm had and had the best items on server. and more.
    2. offcurse i made the drops...
    3. creativite? just look on my server topic and u will see the word in there.
    4. i have played KO for long time and never had enemies or problems with any1 - just alot of friends.
    5. as you can see my server do have alot of new and unique features on it.
    6. i have always played as a legit player, so why wouldent i be a legit owner?
    7. english is not the problem.

By ddosing they dont want gain nathnig from these server who are ddosed.. They just dont want to let they success..
    I dont see your point with "copy everything from other servers and expect players" lol by last 3 years almost all prv farm servers tryed to make mixed server as knight imperia/knight empire/perseusko/osko and becouse most people want play myko servers and feel old times from 2004/2005 its why you can see around only myko farm servers and looks like for u somethnig is wrong with that ;p

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBaby View Post
    I will asnwer you with this:

My Server (KoPlus) Gonna Open this weekend (05/10)

1. I know the game - i have played it for 7-8 years and was the top on my server (on carnac west) - Top Np Holder, Clan Leader of Csw Holding clan (not 1 week but monthes), farm had and had the best items on server. and more.
    2. offcurse i made the drops...
    3. creativite? just look on my server topic and u will see the word in there.
    4. i have played KO for long time and never had enemies or problems with any1 - just alot of friends.
    5. as you can see my server do have alot of new and unique features on it.
    6. i have always played as a legit player, so why wouldent i be a legit owner?
    7. english is not the problem.
    doesnt matter wether or not you are the most loved guy in the knight online community.
    they see it as a threat, your gonna open a server which then in turn is gonna take away the population from their server

It'd be nice if this were actually true. Even when exposed for what people really are, people still play regardless. There's at least 3 - dare I say - popular servers still running that do this, a lot, to newcomers. Not a lot left to be done with them despite ignoring their requests for help and hoping nobody else will be dumb enough to help them.

I've really given up helping the occasional new server with their launch. They don't really survive that long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    It'd be nice if this were actually true. Even when exposed for what people really are, people still play regardless. There's at least 3 - dare I say - popular servers still running that do this, a lot, to newcomers. Not a lot left to be done with them despite ignoring their requests for help and hoping nobody else will be dumb enough to help them.

I've really given up helping the occasional new server with their launch. They don't really survive that long anyway.
    Why don't you call them out? We deserve to know these people and know how shady they are. Don't you agree?

Why don't you call them out? We deserve to know these people and know how shady they are. Don't you agree?
    I have done so in the past (to no avail), but I refrained from doing so here to help your thread stay as drama-free (and on-topic) as is possible in these forums.
    For now, just take a look at the current active servers, take your best guess and you'll most likely be correct in who they are.

But perhaps you're right - perhaps we do need a public name & shame. But, in separate threads -- evidently they get lost/ignored in the servers' own threads.

This is what I'll do in future - if I ever do help any other servers with their launch in the future (or help any servers with an ongoing attack regardless), and recognise any traffic in the process I'll create a thread to name & shame them.
    For now, owners - be warned. Your efforts do not go unnoticed, and it's insanely petty and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I have done so in the past (to no avail), but I refrained from doing so here to help your thread stay as drama-free (and on-topic) as is possible in these forums.
    For now, just take a look at the current active servers, take your best guess and you'll most likely be correct in who they are.

But perhaps you're right - perhaps we do need a public name & shame. But, in separate threads -- evidently they get lost/ignored in the servers' own threads.

This is what I'll do in future - if I ever do help any other servers with their launch in the future (or help any servers with an ongoing attack regardless), and recognise any traffic in the process I'll create a thread to name & shame them.
    For now, owners - be warned. Your efforts do not go unnoticed, and it's insanely petty and pointless.
    Actually posting this on axeko aka devilko topic caused it to be deleted. http://i48.tinypic.com/aucphj.jpg I hope they don't get any players. They don't deserve any.

Banned Senior Member

Actually posting this on axeko aka devilko topic caused it to be deleted. http://i48.tinypic.com/aucphj.jpg I hope they don't get any players. They don't deserve any.
    I know 2 of the 3 he was referring to... OSKO and YourKO... not sure about the 3rd.

If these owners are knowingly DDOS(ing) new servers for the "better" of their own server, & it can be proved, topics will be removed & owners banned, assuming it can be proven, no lenience.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xLegendZ View Post
    If these owners are knowingly DDOS(ing) new servers for the "better" of their own server, & it can be proved, topics will be removed & owners banned, assuming it can be proven, no lenience.
    I believe twostars can prove it, doubt he wants to though.

Gamers4Life Rules

Even if he does prove they are, why would they be banned.

OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar

So the rule must be mutual here, if they cant proove it (since they made it public) they should be banned for difaming us.

We dont need to do this kind of stuff, our better strategy is being creatives and offer our community something new to keep entertaining and interested in playing our server, thats what i can tell you guys, in fact we were under attack so many times and our community are witnesses of it.

Regards

These days u cant make a server wich do dont be ddosed,flooded ports and much more hacks at least once ...
    Reason is simple tem are too greedy and jelous on other people work,people wich sometimes maybe work really hard on a project wich spend them time on doing somethinc ... Cause of dos/ddos owners must gett first of all a host with no banwich allocation,security scrips/programs and much more wich if u whant good ones cost a loot of money ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast