Looking for som1 to test some tools / events

This is a discussion on Looking for som1 to test some tools / events within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, i am looking for som1 that has a server in beta stage, or a server with users on it ...
Page: 1

Default Looking for som1 to test some tools / events

Hello,

i am looking for som1 that has a server in beta stage, or a server with users on it and wanna test it.

the tool including some events such as bdw/ed, np transfer control tool and more...

ofc i will need server access,

the server that will help me test and perfect the tool will be able to use them later on.

also we might could work out on future ideas and more..

if you are intrested pm me.

Banned Senior Member

Do you really think someone is gonna let a random guy on their dedi?

Test it on ur own server with friends or something.......

well if u wanna see how serious i am u can talk with me, and no i am not some rendom guy but as i said if there is som1 serious it might work.

i think i am risking my stuff alittle bit more in here, as to get some dedi working on beta and back it up it much less work then what i have done

i can setup, install the server and secure it in under 2 hours.

Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoogi View Post
    well if u wanna see how serious i am u can talk with me, and no i am not some rendom guy but as i said if there is som1 serious it might work.

i think i am risking my stuff alittle bit more in here, as to get some dedi working on beta and back it up it much less work then what i have done

i can setup, install the server and secure it in under 2 hours.
    lmao you risking your filles? when you get a dedi access you can steal all the server filles of the owner, you really dumb if you think server owners will let you get in...

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Installing the server and set it up is 40 minutes work, securing it properly by properly I am reffering to what till now only Vincent knows how to do it, I haven't seen anyone else do security as good as him, by making multiple accounts and users on dedi each for it's own segment of files, db, panel, ebenezer, editors and so forth along with proper permissions and make everything work properly without one of them being cross fired, i sincerely doubt. But if you're as good as you say, I don't see where's the problem of buying VPS for 20$ and develop on it ? If you go with company you can even host 100 - 150 ppl on a 20$ VPS and it's going to have great ddos protection. Editing database adding items and balancing shit is also child's play, adding events is harder. I see no reason why someone should let you in the team with 5 posts here completely unknown person other then by trying to steal someone's work ><

Unless ... you will show some good attractive stuff that hypothethical admins would be interested in taking you on board, then I see no problem ofcourse.

and no i am not some rendom guy
    Nobody knows who you are (at least, conclusively), you have a total 5 posts (3 before this thread), so yes. Yes you are.

Setup your own server to test your tools. It's not hard.

well most of what u say have common sense behind it,
    yes i can install a server and test it there, already did it. i can also do it localy - already did it, i can also do it in test environment with direct inject / edit to test how it act - already did it.
    so i got bored and wanted to test it on real active server without setup it and get players to test it.
    i guess i will do it the hard way and do the last steps

thanks anyway.

you writed it and tested , why wouldn't it work ? having many people testing it won't change anything it either works for you or not.

you know that when more people testing it live it diffrent then tricking the server into belive there is 16 people online and to see the results / logs and monitor it online when people actualy play and see the results is much better.

and you also gets the players feedback and improvement suggestions

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

We all had to go through exactly same problems while trying to make a nice balanced server xD

well most of what u say have common sense behind it,
    yes i can install a server and test it there, already did it. i can also do it localy - already did it, i can also do it in test environment with direct inject / edit to test how it act - already did it.
    so i got bored and wanted to test it on real active server without setup it and get players to test it.
    i guess i will do it the hard way and do the last steps

thanks anyway.
    What exactly is it that needs testing? Either I've completely missed it, or you've just glossed over any actual details other than "gimme ur server so i can test pls ty" (sure, you mentioned ED, BDW and "NP transfer control" but what parts of these need others to help you test?)
    I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding testing the "direct inject" stuff (what are you talking about? Why you need more than 1 player to test this?).

Events I can see you needing people for, but can you be any more specific with anything? Did you write these events? Are they handled externally to the game server? What exactly is it that needs testing? Most things you should be able to test by yourself, it'd only be things like instancing/instance assignment that it'd be helpful to have real players for -- but I'm assuming a lot here, a. that you're using actual instances (and not zones, in which case just mock it), b. that you have actual instanced events to test, c. that you wrote them to begin with, d. you're not trying to steal someone's work.

Details, details, details...

If you'd said something like "I've written x, y, and z and need a few players to help me test b part of x (as it's impractical to do so by myself)", I'm sure you'd have more support.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-03-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: I should be less vague myself...

Banned Senior Member

Dude the things ur saying lmfao...

If you want to test it ... RUN A BETA ur self. You can get a VPS for 20$ or less if u want it tested that bad. Or hell, test it locally with friends.. or even to the public.

I'm coming to conclusion that you are just wanting to steal some idiots server files + DB that trusts you. If you're 'not a random' then who exactly are you? Cuz a 2013 member with less than 20 posts (hell not even more than 10 posts currently) is not convincing to anyone on these forums.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

I think, Lol, Going out on a very thin limb here.. I think he is looking too be apart of a team right? More or less implementing his patches and testing them.

My advice, would be too obtain better communication skills, with that being said. If you are looking too test your server with more players online because for some reason you think it will be different rather then you just testing your self, loading up multiple clients/accounts.
    Once again i'm not trying too tell you how too live your life by no means, but if i was you i would start your server using your computer or throwing down a little bit of money into your hobby. If you have already taken the time too play with such events and tools then you must enjoy doing what you do. Like any hobby in life, hobbies cost money!

Post your server with whatever method you choose in a few places... and ppl will try it out. There are tons of ppl who bounce from server too server. Some people even like small servers that just opened.

I almost let you log my dedi on another account, just for kicks... Getting you all hyped up too see nothing. Then not receiving anything or being satisfied.. Kinda, like how i treat my woman
    I really hope that isn't your intention.