Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

[Medieval Empire] 70 level limited, light-farm server.

This is a discussion on [Medieval Empire] 70 level limited, light-farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by FearsNoOne people get way to upset over a game big +1 ..... should have seen undef his ...
Page: 7

Quote Originally Posted by FearsNoOne View Post
    people get way to upset over a game
    big +1 ..... should have seen undef his rage mode in shoutbox when orcs lost the war, sooooooo funny :d

Read from down to up... (shoutbox )

Quote Originally Posted by undef
    tobol -- haha tards are mad just because they lost a war :< sad
    Undef -- omg x100 orc and u cant do nathnik what a fuckin gn noobs orc!
    Undef -- ARE U IDIOTS!!!
    Undef -- WFT?
    Raw -- are you fking stupid 30 min war?
    Undef -- orc are fucking noobs!

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    big +1 ..... should have seen undef his rage mode in shoutbox when orcs lost the war, sooooooo funny :d

Read from down to up... (shoutbox )
    Well, you play games for fun, but I still don't like losing...

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefShaman View Post
    this is false, farm servers can have the same population has pk servers, its all about advertising,
    krkr - fully farm server: 400-500 online users
    OSK - fully farm server: 300-400 online users
    OSO - fully farmserver: 100-150 online users
    CyprusKO - fully farm server(even tho its turkish): 600-700 online users

theres alot more exemples but i can't remember em all..
    what im tryin to say is if u open a good farm server with the right advertising, good security, free of lags, no overpowered donators,
    u could easly get 250-400 users online and live happly ever after.
    Yes, we once had 450 online in KI too, but what happend? It was one of the most successful farm servers yet died. A PK server which opened at the same time with us still have constant 250+ online players.

We also had like 400 online in KI 3, but it died within two weeks.

No, security has no part in it. Just with a little effort these servers can be hacked. (mainly Turkish servers) I check most of the websites released in Turkish forums and they all have XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection etc. exploits. Also they use inconfigured Xammp/Appserv/FileZilla/IIS, perhabs even a Windows Server 2003 without security fixes, leave Telnet/Netbios ports open, use stock RDP with same ports, use administrator account instead of making their own, leave xp_cmdshell on, leaving exploits like mod_isapi, using inconfigured ini files (e.g leaving register globals on), using blacklist instead of a whitelist and such. I can just inject a shell and do whatever I want at easiest way.

Also, cyprus KE died twice or once. They had to merge with another server to get such a big population. (For sure, spamming Medieval Empire forums too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Yes, we once had 450 online in KI too, but what happend? It was one of the most successful farm servers yet died. A PK server which opened at the same time with us still have constant 250+ online players.

We also had like 400 online in KI 3, but it died within two weeks.
    I'm not the person to critize much, but the reason KI died so fast had more to do with you then the fact you made a farm server. Eventhough I agree with you that KE based farm servers die within a month or 2, KI just died due poor management and rushing too much to launch your server before others.

I know you'll probably won't agree with me but that's how I see it. I remember I made a big ass post on your forums before the launch how I would make a private server and your answer was that I had to convince the community it would be good for everyone. Now I see that OldSchool KO is using my way of launching a farm private (each time upgrade the lvl cap and make it a lil harder). On top of that, during the first week of KI, I made a topic as well saying what was wrong with CZ and how things could be fixed. That was also ignored, eventhough I had like 20 people backing me up it was a good plan. Not to mention certain hacks (i.e beginner quest hack) werent fixed at launch eventhough the fixed were available on SNOXD.

I could post more, but I'll stop. It's just sad after all those months you still don't realize the failure of KI had more to do with you than the community. I haven't played much private server (infact only 3), but I'm still convinced this could have worked out a lot better. It's sad it had to go this way, but I'm pretty sure each farm server you'll launch will lead to a failure cuz alot of people just don't feel to start on your servers anymore (and I'm one of them if I had time to play KO again)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    No, security has no part in it. Just with a little effort these servers can be hacked. (mainly Turkish servers) I check most of the websites released in Turkish forums and they all have XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection etc. exploits. Also they use inconfigured Xammp/Appserv/FileZilla/IIS, perhabs even a Windows Server 2003 without security fixes, leave Telnet/Netbios ports open, use stock RDP with same ports, use administrator account instead of making their own, leave xp_cmdshell on, leaving exploits like mod_isapi, using inconfigured ini files (e.g leaving register globals on), using blacklist instead of a whitelist and such. I can just inject a shell and do whatever I want at easiest way.
    Damn,

Finally a GM who knows what he's talking about
    Still 2 bad that you decided to make this PK server >.<

Ive played on ur server for a while and what i've noticed is:

There is almost nothing to farm. FP+8 almost equals shells +7

Shards/raptors+7 are better then the starting ones but still, the difference is really low.

Also i noticed that PK here is kinda weird. Almost everyclass gets 3 shot probably due to the fact that every1 is using 'crap' fullplate+8 but have MD's+8/Glave+8 + the bonus from the starting gear.

although a lot of people might enjoy the starting gear i'd still prefer a farming serv >.<

PM me whenever ur opening a full farm server Aristona ^^

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    I'm not the person to critize much, but the reason KI died so fast had more to do with you then the fact you made a farm server. Eventhough I agree with you that KE based farm servers die within a month or 2, KI just died due poor management and rushing too much to launch your server before others.
    It only applies to KI 3. KI 1 was dead because we had no knowledge. KI 2 in my eyes is one of the most successful farm servers which lasted 7-8 months.

I can count like only 2-3 servers who lived that long as a farm server.

For sure we had mistakes on management, but I can assure I did whatever I can

I know you'll probably won't agree with me but that's how I see it. I remember I made a big ass post on your forums before the launch how I would make a private server and your answer was that I had to convince the community it would be good for everyone. Now I see that OldSchool KO is using my way of launching a farm private (each time upgrade the lvl cap and make it a lil harder). On top of that, during the first week of KI, I made a topic as well saying what was wrong with CZ and how things could be fixed. That was also ignored, eventhough I had like 20 people backing me up it was a good plan. Not to mention certain hacks (i.e beginner quest hack) werent fixed at launch eventhough the fixed were available on SNOXD.
    No offense to you or OldschoolKO but I believe the main reason why OldschoolKO succeeded:

1. Everybody was suffering from the TB_USER/USERDATA deletion exploit.
    2. Project: KE got forced to be closed, had to merge with NDKO, most of the players switched to OSKO.
    3. NDKO took so much time to launch.
    4. There was almost no other servers around.

For sure Professor and his staff is experienced too, but they had a great timing on releasing their server.

I never ignored your ideas but most of the community didn't like them. (e.g making server 62 limited first, then releasing 65)

I was the first one to fix beginner quest hack. All I had to do is search for 500.000 (hex) and change it to 0. (hacky way but it is not an important thing) There were new exploits (Nashira Opal exploit) we were also the first one to fix it. (As some people were calling it as 300200 packet duping.) We just had a very big mistake with opening our server with a wrong ebenezer file.

Yes, I am not good at securing the game since I don't know C++. (Always postponing learning it.) Same goes for Assembly. That's the biggest problem of my servers. I use anticheat tools, problems like 64bit compatibility appears. I use basic tools, koxp appears. Sadly, I cannot trust anybody who knows these languages perfectly. We even wanted to pay 1000 usd for an Anticheat but nobody bothered to write one.

I could post more, but I'll stop. It's just sad after all those months you still don't realize the failure of KI had more to do with you than the community. I haven't played much private server (infact only 3), but I'm still convinced this could have worked out a lot better. It's sad it had to go this way, but I'm pretty sure each farm server you'll launch will lead to a failure cuz alot of people just don't feel to start on your servers anymore (and I'm one of them if I had time to play KO again)
    With all my honesty, I am tired so much to make a server of my own. Even if I knew it would succeed like KI 2, I won't release it. I have to be:

1. Fixing exploits (which appears like everyday) or beg/pay someone to do it.
    2. Defending the dedicated server against lamers who use any exploit they find on Google and use it on my servers.
    3. Defending the server against people who knows hacking and able to hack my server with their own codes, scripts.
    4. Defending the server against botnets, ddos, floods.
    4.a (I have to make loads of announcements about why the server is down and ask for players patience.)
    5. Advertising the server everyday.
    6. Supporting players in forums. Reply almost every single topic.
    7. Deal with random Turks who calls top 1 players as corrupt GM characters.
    8. Upgrading panel constantly so people may do their work there.
    9. Check the game constantly for cheaters and bug abusers.
    10. Think about events and impletement/organise them.
    11. Update the server in general (e.g adding new items, changing rates to be more newbie friendly.)
    12. Loads but loads of bug fixing. (As KI database was completely bugged. It was standart MYKO database which released in 2008)

Well, the day should be already over by this. Rodrane helped me so much but it wasn't enough. Also I had school (where I had no connection for few months) my mother had a surgeon (had to support her two weeks) but I never gave up and used almost every free time I had on KI. Probably everybody were at outside/partying/dancing where I was sitting in front of my computer and watch computer logs...

You can say "Things could be better.", yes, surely it could, but almost anybody except me would just give up when they get 2gbit/sec botnet, yet some servers cannot even handle Sprut attacks.

In short, I won't bother making KO servers. I'll just help if somebody needs me. (Hence why I am with Medieval Empire) It is so tiring when you are alone...

I never said Oldschool was any good, truth been told I don't even know who those guys are. Anyway, I'll leave your topic alone. Only thing I still want to say, I still respect you cuz the times we spoke you seemed to be like a really nice guy. In the end, that's just what matters.

GL

Sect0r

well aristona making servers only for 1 reason to get money..nothing else..he just care for the donates..

Quote Originally Posted by Sect0r View Post
    well aristona making servers only for 1 reason to get money..nothing else..he just care for the donates..
    Read my older posts.

Sect0r

well aristona is a good dev/programmer and i think he can make a good farm server with fair donates but atm he wont do anything like this.

still need more humans...

if there any active clan want me in human side ill play

i think that you should make archer combo possible, makes playing archer 100 times better, but you did say archer dmg is increased, so maybe it will even out?

Quote Originally Posted by scards View Post
    i think that you should make archer combo possible, makes playing archer 100 times better, but you did say archer dmg is increased, so maybe it will even out?
    they have archer combo? but rogue with fp gear cant tank warriors with hp pot..

Quote Originally Posted by scards View Post
    I don't know if we have archer combo enabled or not. I am not checking the game myself (as said, not my server) but archer combo should be disabled.

As for archer damages, yes they are increased. They were already increased in KI database, which we are using right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    they have archer combo? but rogue with fp gear cant tank warriors with hp pot..
    For sure rogues with FP gear shouldn't tank warriors. They should get some shells or at least uniques with def.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast