Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

My opinion..

This is a discussion on My opinion.. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Honestly.. what happened to servers? Last server I played that brought me any joy over frustration had to be hotchocolate ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default My opinion..

Honestly.. what happened to servers? Last server I played that brought me any joy over frustration had to be hotchocolate ko or maybe nusko on a good day. Seriously what happened? If it's not hard core usko immitations, scam servers, or just plain shit and broken. Then what is it? Because that is all i see really.. call me crazy.. if i wanted to a server like real ko.. id go play real ko.. i get it.. private servers have better support and anti cheat probably.. (sad I know) but there is more than one of these servers.. can we get some fakin variety in this section? I miss a server that i could dl, register, kill 80 worms, re log, and be ready to pk. What's the fun in dwelling in what usko use to be any ways? in my opinion in at least the aspect of content usko is better now.. or euko.. whatever the hell they are doing with that allah forsaken game. Still.. i just dont get it.. is it a nostalgia thing? and thats great if it is.. do you.. ya know play what you want. But really.. we dont need any more servers like that tbh =/. Can we get some variety please? Im looking for a pk server, what happened to them? People dont like not having an advantage? No skill? Or is it an ego thing and they get hard ons from being better? Or does pk just get plain boring?.. Not for me at least. Less farm servers. More pk please. Sorry for the rambling. Your thoughts?..

PK servers die even quicker than farm servers, so my guess is they are less profitable.
    Phoenix likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 123zakery View Post
    Honestly.. what happened to servers? Last server I played that brought me any joy over frustration had to be hotchocolate ko or maybe nusko on a good day. Seriously what happened? If it's not hard core usko immitations, scam servers, or just plain shit and broken. Then what is it? Because that is all i see really.. call me crazy.. if i wanted to a server like real ko.. id go play real ko.. i get it.. private servers have better support and anti cheat probably.. (sad I know) but there is more than one of these servers.. can we get some fakin variety in this section? I miss a server that i could dl, register, kill 80 worms, re log, and be ready to pk. What's the fun in dwelling in what usko use to be any ways? in my opinion in at least the aspect of content usko is better now.. or euko.. whatever the hell they are doing with that allah forsaken game. Still.. i just dont get it.. is it a nostalgia thing? and thats great if it is.. do you.. ya know play what you want. But really.. we dont need any more servers like that tbh =/. Can we get some variety please? Im looking for a pk server, what happened to them? People dont like not having an advantage? No skill? Or is it an ego thing and they get hard ons from being better? Or does pk just get plain boring?.. Not for me at least. Less farm servers. More pk please. Sorry for the rambling. Your thoughts?..
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f1...opment-344482/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    PK servers die even quicker than farm servers, so my guess is they are less profitable.
    The sad truth....
    Rocket likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Interesting
    Oscar likes this.

Servers only die , because this community is bunch of nolifes who will never be satisfied... It's hard to try launch anything decent , because all these kid scammers opening new servers and (don't know why? ) people seem to join there instead of supporting one stable server.
    Rocket and Phoenix like this.

It's quite simple really. People these days open servers under the mandate of 'providing the best experience for the player', but in reality just want to make a quick buck. Of course this wont be openly admitted but it is the reason new servers open every few weeks, and close every few months. There has yet to be a server that does not have a donation service set up. I'm surprised none of these coding 'geniuses' haven't figured out a working mechanic to eliminate donating entirely; but wait...that would defeat the entire purpose of the server, let alone give the game masters incentive to provide customer service for the kiddos playing their recycled files re dubbed as 'edits' for the sake of adding a few colors of armor. No money? Why put forth the effort of assistance? Of course we can play the 'im an active and supportive gm' role until the first few payments on Paypal roll through, then its a disappearing act for a few months while we count our money. The equivalent to the company running USKO not giving non premium players the light of day when shit hits the fan -- unless of course complained about by the masses [insert hack, bug, wrongful ban thread here, fuck, throw in some juicy drama, chat screenshots and fraps if the thread itself didnt avert their eyes from their bank accounts]

Well I'll be...I think I just found your answer.

In a world ruled by money, its grasp on the soul is bound to turn any man into a greedy bastard.

With the amount of money people actually spend on this game, it would take just one rich baba to fund a server for a few years, giving admins the ability to create a server capable of doing what we all dreamed of [killing USKO] but ofc that type of selflessness is only seen in heroic movies. Thinking back when chitin shields in usko were in the thousands of dollars.

I mean honestly, the timing of this thread couldn't have been better Kevin is a scammer and corrupt
    Last edited by Teddy; 04-22-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Class and Phoenix like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'm surprised none of these coding 'geniuses' haven't figured out a working mechanic to eliminate donating entirely;
    First, what's coding got to do with the 99% of servers this post's aimed at? Owners barely know a thing about their database, let alone coding... anything...

Secondly, I'm not sure how this works: the server needs to, at least, afford a dedicated server to run on. Short of having investors, or being able to comfortably self-fund, and without there being any desire to make a return on it, how else is it going to be paid for? "Donation" is used loosely in PSKO, so I'm not entirely sure if what you said rules out a pay2play setup, or really any other situation involving making money from the players.

The only thing I can think of is ad-based revenue, but you'd have to be making a hell of a lot with that to cover the necessary services (especially when paying for services geared towards DDoS protection/mitigation on top, which certainly don't come cheap).
    So, that's a no-go.

Which leaves the closest thing, if you're not rich or have investors just wanting to throw money at you who don't care that they won't make anything back, being adjusting prices based on cost requirements, as in this case:
    A New Project

I get the awful feeling I misunderstood you though.

Also, love the signature!

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

If people got themselves ready for a server that is made around their requests and is self-supported financially where it's creators don't take the donations to their pockets, it could work out. But because there are those greedy children who want to make a dime on you and DDOS your asses constantly for claiming they took their players, it is bitterly difficult to maintain, or maybe even impossible. People just need all go to one place and stay there to make it their new home and at that point, no one can ruin them besides themselves. I always had the intention of trying to unify people into one stable environment, some of you have witnessed the posts or the hype. Last time it was about getting everyone on USKO to quit their Turkish servers and start fresh in CWest, now it's about trying to make a private server that could cater to everyone's needs, without having to charge them. My solution is, the more people that play one server, the more expensive the server will cost, but dividing the cost by lets say 200 people, will basically be charging the people pennies. And there's only so much you can do to upgrade and secure a server, so as the server is growing in population, the PUS charges would decrease, increasingly, accordingly. I wasn't around the private server community since SexyKO first opened up, but I always admired controlling a population that the people desired that also was supportive to its' players whether they paid or not. If people made it happen and the population funded the server for a long time, it would then enable everything to be free and people still shouldn't be upset that they paid the newcomers to have a free server, because they practically paid pennies. It sounds like a dream, but you know what? It's fucking possible, if you want it to be. If you don't, then threads like these will never cease to be born.

The difference between this "advertisement" and others, is that, this one is for you, the other ads are for their wallets.

Banned Senior Member

With all due respect, a few of your views are seriously misguided.

Do you understand how much man hours it takes to put up a decent server that isn't going to crash every couple of minutes, combing snoxd and other resources for patches, ect.? How about monitoring the server and it's GM's? You know, by opening, searching, and closing hundreds of log files? People are quick to call others scammers when they are jealous of their success, you know -- discredit them. Kind of like companies do to their competitors in the real world.

Sure, server owners ask for donations, however -- NO ONE is forced to donate. Secondly, part, if not all of the donations go to the server. You know, hosting? Then there's people that quit if the server is up and down, so now you have to buy DDoS protection (also not cheap). Then you have all of these hours someone who didn't have to, chose to spend on building a server people would want to play, and he/she gets compensated for their time spent working on the server. Take me for example, people claim I scam, ect., but I find that funny considering the fact on the last server I spent literally over 70 combined hours combing through logs, ect. restoring items lost from a restore of the "tyon quest bug", one by one. I could of just closed server, said fuck that, and ran, or just wiped it all away, but nah, decided to do the right thing, still get called scammer. I spend hundreds of hours working on panels, forums, client graphics just to give players a more "fresh" feel and attract a larger population, yet I get called someone who just relaunches the same server every couple of months. People are weird.

People need to realize that

• you aren't forced to play on ANY server
    • you aren't forced to donate on ANY server
    • server owners are real people who (for the most part) spend A LOT of time making a working server where people can play

If it was so easy to make a playable, decent server, everyone would be doing it. Since it's not easy (due to learning curve, repetitive routine nature, ect), there's a market in it. It's how the world works. No one is ever forced to buy anything or participate though, they do that on their own free will.

I'd also like to point out that back-bone developers who made this community what it is (you know, twostars, osman, jonny, maybe even blade, ect) all have at one point in time, and/or still do, charge money (usd$$$$$$) for certain patches/releases/work. Are these people also considered greedy little scamming children, that sell the same file over and over to different people? Didn't think so.
    Class and NoOneCanStopMe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If people got themselves ready for a server that is made around their requests and is self-supported financially where it's creators don't take the donations to their pockets, it could work out. But because there are those greedy children who want to make a dime on you and DDOS your asses constantly for claiming they took their players, it is bitterly difficult to maintain, or maybe even impossible. People just need all go to one place and stay there to make it their new home and at that point, no one can ruin them besides themselves. I always had the intention of trying to unify people into one stable environment, some of you have witnessed the posts or the hype. Last time it was about getting everyone on USKO to quit their Turkish servers and start fresh in CWest, now it's about trying to make a private server that could cater to everyone's needs, without having to charge them. My solution is, the more people that play one server, the more expensive the server will cost, but dividing the cost by lets say 200 people, will basically be charging the people pennies. And there's only so much you can do to upgrade and secure a server, so as the server is growing in population, the PUS charges would decrease, increasingly, accordingly. I wasn't around the private server community since SexyKO first opened up, but I always admired controlling a population that the people desired that also was supportive to its' players whether they paid or not. If people made it happen and the population funded the server for a long time, it would then enable everything to be free and people still shouldn't be upset that they paid the newcomers to have a free server, because they practically paid pennies. It sounds like a dream, but you know what? It's fucking possible, if you want it to be. If you don't, then threads like these will never cease to be born.

The difference between this "advertisement" and others, is that, this one is for you, the other ads are for their wallets.
    I like what you are trying to do, and I wish your project the best of luck. But people who play just for fun are allmost all gone. Everyone wants to be top np holder, everyone wants to be the first to make big upgrades, and once they fall behind, they quit and join the next server that opens.

Banned Senior Member

And since everyone who says something like someone should make a completely free server is constantly saying that -- why don't they log on snoxd and search through google and learn how to make that same very server they are talking about? Because they aren't willing to, especially not for free.

If someone offered these guys money to learn how to make this free server they spake off, they'd learn it in a heartbeat.

Question your intentions and motives before you go spewing your views on people, folks, try and appear less hypocritical (regardless of how little).

Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    And since everyone who says something like someone should make a completely free server is constantly saying that -- why don't they log on snoxd and search through google and learn how to make that same very server they are talking about? Because they aren't willing to, especially not for free.

If someone offered these guys money to learn how to make this free server they spake off, they'd learn it in a heartbeat.

Question your intentions and motives before you go spewing your views on people, folks, try and appear less hypocritical (regardless of how little).
    You're one to talk with your bypatching skills from snoxd, gosh... It's really unbelievable to see and read your comments, do you actually believe this bs your telling people? Your three other servers in past was purely made for scamming purposes and sure you spend couple hours refunding items and after that you left the server die and you were gone around couple weeks untill... assuming you run out of money? I can't even understand how you life with yourself nor how anyone can be as cunt as you.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    You're one to talk with your bypatching skills from snoxd, gosh... It's really unbelievable to see and read your comments, do you actually believe this bs your telling people? Your three other servers in past was purely made for scamming purposes and sure you spend couple hours refunding items and after that you left the server die and you were gone around couple weeks untill... assuming you run out of money? I can't even understand how you life with yourself nor how anyone can be as cunt as you.
    You must mean "bytepatching" and not "bypatching", which is funny considering I never used that tool as my Ebeneezer is set up differently.

I find it a bit depressing that you are willing to distort and bend your own views of reality to support the reasons you "hate" me.

Anyone with an ounce of brain-matter in their skull will agree with what I am saying, regardless if they like to admit it or not.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

The same way you just explained that no one is "forcing you to donate", this is true, but YOUR intentions of YOUR server is written in your own post and has no comparison to ours. You would appreciate being "paid back" for your work and efforts of making/designing/supporting/whatever labor whether mental, physical or emotional, because this is your server. We don't want even that what you want, which is deserving to you. We WANT to put in our work and efforts into the server that the people want, for FREE and NEVER ask for a thing back. And it is for this sole reason to why we don't have a server together, but are divided. You want money, we don't. End of story. Otherwise, why make a server to begin with? You can't take my intention and make it yours, that would just be pathetic. With all due respect to you or anyone like you, I'm not talking to you specifically, hell, I don't even know who you are, but it's all of you who want to make a profit on gamers rather than getting a real job. It's BECAUSE of this movement of dev's like you that players tend to jump from place to place. In fact, I'm only making myself look stupid trying to "defend myself" in something that I can't even compare my intentions to. We are two different stories, if people follow you, then I feel bad for them. If they don't, then they have only a CHANCE to make something big, a success.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast