My Thoughts - KO Community - Twostars

This is a discussion on My Thoughts - KO Community - Twostars within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If we got the entire PSKO community and all the developers on Snoxd and pushed them into one server? It ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default My Thoughts - KO Community - Twostars

If we got the entire PSKO community and all the developers on Snoxd and pushed them into one server? It would be complete domination. This community is going to fall and become nothing but a wasteland of what it used to be. Back in 1.098 I don't remember very much of hacking at all? Because for once, people actually enjoyed the game and their was no reason to cheat and no hackers or cheat makers really were there to exploit anything or knew how. It is a shame? Hell even in the old 15xx files, KOXP had began to pick up and hacking but it wasn't that bad. Now that it is at 1.298 and even SexyKO running one hell of an emulator, and now any idiot can go into Google and type "How to DDOS" and it provides all the examples it's really not that hard. With these new exploits? With all the freeware/shareware around to help you sniff and do all that, any idiot can read up on Google and call himself a "hacker" and I used the term "hacker" very loosely. Nobody in this community is truthfully a "hacker". I am completely in denial that this KO community is going to go anywhere and I am seeing it fail real soon. When every server owner turned to money and that was all? Was when I lost all faith in this community. Twostars, you have done numerous things for this community, but it is a one man fight against several. You against the world. Is the way I see it, you release a patch? 2 new exploits are out. But, you teach others and you make the tutorials. 100% of the English PSKO community backs you up and I would love to see someones debate for why they don't.

I guess to summarize? This KO community is corrupted with nothing but greed. Money this and money that. Those who seek money for everything they do? You're all the reason for PSKO's demise and fall. I read Twostars thing on Snoxd and what he said was completely true, and I am in no way kissing his ass? But the man/girl proves a point and it surely gave me that "oh shit" kind of feeling. I already see servers falling left and right, servers spend time and money and for what? To see their fails by some guy who believes he is one hell of a guy and can take down a KO server. Twostars you do a lot for everyone and I respect you in that aspect. But I do believe their is more you can do for this community than you do. Your knowledge base is way above the rest of ours. You are the leader of this PSKO community and have been since you came in. Rise to the occasion and you get a team together, and you make a server we all can enjoy. I guarantee people in KO4LIFE and Snoxd will support you with your financial needs if you show them you're dedicated to the project and shit gets done. With your ASM knowledge and C++ and getting a bunch of developers from Snoxd to stay along with you and help you. I have faith that your server along with them? Will dominate ever server out except maybe SexyKO. Twostars isn't the only one that needs to step up and become the leader, their are several key players in this community who really? Keep their stuff hidden, packed, and stored away. Why? Why? This is a community. Work like one. We all left USKO because of their shitty support and piss poor security. I have played on servers where we dominate in both aspects. We can most definitely make a server like USKO or MYKO and just tear them apart. I believe in a quote it said "It only takes one to rise to the occasion for more to follow" and I say its about time we step it up. We have the capabilities. We have the financial support. We have the player count. Let's put this greediness to the side and settle our differences.

Now I know some people will read this and say "You can't change anyone" true, I can't change anyone. But this is more of a message then to try and change someone, or a "wake-up" call.

This is all I have to say, if you don't have constructive criticism and are here to just banter or complain? Then leave. I will have your post deleted. I really want to hear other peoples opinions.

-RP

this might have been a wake up call in 2008 or so.. but regardless, i can see a few problems right off the bat. TECHNICALLY speaking, running a private server is illegal. you're running stolen/modded/unliscenced files for personal gain (donations, pus). if you "tear usko apart" with an amazing ps, they can just as easily tear it apart with an "amazing legal team" - not that they'd be able to pull their heads out of their ass to do it, mind you.

i was on snoxd today for about 30 seconds in the ko section, and one of the sections is marked off as snoxd ko server, or something to that effect. unless i misread something twostars is already working on his own server over at snoxd.

oh, and for god's sake man, learn to sum things up!

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    i was on snoxd today for about 30 seconds in the ko section, and one of the sections is marked off as snoxd ko server, or something to that effect. unless i misread something twostars is already working on his own server over at snoxd.
    Section needs a better name, but the section's for this project (updating the old source to support <insert current USKO version here [currently 1.914]), not a server strictly resulting from that. Possibly it'll happen down the road though, if the project gets enough support (I don't particularly want to be doing all the work with this project - defeats the purpose of it).

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Section needs a better name, but the section's for this project (updating the old source to support <insert current USKO version here [currently 1.914]), not a server strictly resulting from that. Possibly it'll happen down the road though, if the project gets enough support (I don't particularly want to be doing all the work with this project - defeats the purpose of it).
    Slowly building your reputation back up eh?

Banned

You are implying the english private server scene has more than a handful of developers. Following a guide, running a few scripts and applying a few asm patches, you have no idea of how they work, doesn't make you a developer. And that leaves like 5people left who actually know shit.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    If we got the entire PSKO community and all the developers on Snoxd and pushed them into one server? It would be complete domination. This community is going to fall and become nothing but a wasteland of what it used to be. Back in 1.098 I don't remember very much of hacking at all? Because for once, people actually enjoyed the game and their was no reason to cheat and no hackers or cheat makers really were there to exploit anything or knew how. It is a shame? Hell even in the old 15xx files, KOXP had began to pick up and hacking but it wasn't that bad. Now that it is at 1.298 and even SexyKO running one hell of an emulator, and now any idiot can go into Google and type "How to DDOS" and it provides all the examples it's really not that hard. With these new exploits? With all the freeware/shareware around to help you sniff and do all that, any idiot can read up on Google and call himself a "hacker" and I used the term "hacker" very loosely. Nobody in this community is truthfully a "hacker". I am completely in denial that this KO community is going to go anywhere and I am seeing it fail real soon. When every server owner turned to money and that was all? Was when I lost all faith in this community. Twostars, you have done numerous things for this community, but it is a one man fight against several. You against the world. Is the way I see it, you release a patch? 2 new exploits are out. But, you teach others and you make the tutorials. 100% of the English PSKO community backs you up and I would love to see someones debate for why they don't.

I guess to summarize? This KO community is corrupted with nothing but greed. Money this and money that. Those who seek money for everything they do? You're all the reason for PSKO's demise and fall. I read Twostars thing on Snoxd and what he said was completely true, and I am in no way kissing his ass? But the man/girl proves a point and it surely gave me that "oh shit" kind of feeling. I already see servers falling left and right, servers spend time and money and for what? To see their fails by some guy who believes he is one hell of a guy and can take down a KO server. Twostars you do a lot for everyone and I respect you in that aspect. But I do believe their is more you can do for this community than you do. Your knowledge base is way above the rest of ours. You are the leader of this PSKO community and have been since you came in. Rise to the occasion and you get a team together, and you make a server we all can enjoy. I guarantee people in KO4LIFE and Snoxd will support you with your financial needs if you show them you're dedicated to the project and shit gets done. With your ASM knowledge and C++ and getting a bunch of developers from Snoxd to stay along with you and help you. I have faith that your server along with them? Will dominate ever server out except maybe SexyKO. Twostars isn't the only one that needs to step up and become the leader, their are several key players in this community who really? Keep their stuff hidden, packed, and stored away. Why? Why? This is a community. Work like one. We all left USKO because of their shitty support and piss poor security. I have played on servers where we dominate in both aspects. We can most definitely make a server like USKO or MYKO and just tear them apart. I believe in a quote it said "It only takes one to rise to the occasion for more to follow" and I say its about time we step it up. We have the capabilities. We have the financial support. We have the player count. Let's put this greediness to the side and settle our differences.

Now I know some people will read this and say "You can't change anyone" true, I can't change anyone. But this is more of a message then to try and change someone, or a "wake-up" call.

This is all I have to say, if you don't have constructive criticism and are here to just banter or complain? Then leave. I will have your post deleted. I really want to hear other peoples opinions.

-RP
    i do see where hes coming from, If we had a group of developers (no matter in what way, if someone creates a script thats new to the database, or something similar thats developing) that put a server online for example KoTastic, which would of brought a whole lot of users from the KO scene back to play and just enjoy the game like it was, it would be great. But the only problem is there are to many people in the dev scene with different opinions and there a lot who dont act there age, who would sabotage a server just for there own self pleasure, if this project did arise it would be amazing. Twos project with the open source 1068 and rebuilding it up is a great idea, but for anyone who really wants to get involved needs to know a great deal of c++ which, could take you a pretty long time to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Goerge View Post
    but for anyone who really wants to get involved needs to know a great deal of c++ which, could take you a pretty long time to learn.
    After what? 3-4 years of 1298 files? They're still facing these stupid problems.

The project twostars and snoxd started is great. But I believe it's time to ditch these silly files and make our own like people generally do in other private servers.
    Knowing a language is only half the part. Most KO "developers" have a very low understanding of how professional programming is and have the 'it's fine' attitude.
    I understand c++ isn't an easy language to learn or even master but people don't even try haha.

There's nothing wrong with being an amateur but these "developers" are all in it for the money besides twostars, who so far is the only real programmer that actually knows what he's talking about in the ko community.

Would love to recreate this game in c# and XNA one day, sadly I'm a bit occupied with work and my understanding of 3d games is laughable at best haha.

Banned Regular Member

My loyal opinion: Someone should make a long-live server,doesnt matter if its MYKO or whatever.
    Twostars,just do it man!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    But I believe it's time to ditch these silly files and make our own like people generally do in other private servers.
    Couldn't agree more. The state of the PSKO scene is awful; I can only wonder if things would have turned out this way if the official files were never leaked. As it is, I wonder if there'd have even *be* a PSKO scene...

Every other private MMO scene I can think of has had some sort of emulation happening; most of them have had open-source projects for the longest time. I think it's a little sad that even after all this time, most of the PSKO scene's still using 7+ year old OFFICIAL files, with only a very small amount of servers (well, more now that nero's project's getting exposure) emulating it. But ALL of these projects are closed-source (so's mine I guess, but that may change if this actually stimulates any semblance of development :P).

And *then* as you've pointed out with the "'it's fine' attitude" comment, possibly the only server I'd actually rely on would be SexyReplay's... I've seen a lot of the code for the other projects, and they all thus far definitely fall under that category. But hey, as long as it "works" right?? This, at least I'm hoping to change with mgame's build over time...

but for anyone who really wants to get involved needs to know a great deal of c++ which, could take you a pretty long time to learn.
    This is a terrible take on it. Rather, I'd encourage everyone interested in developing their own server to give it a look: sure, at its current state it's pretty unusable (haven't released some stuff to ensure it runs in the newest clients yet, still perfecting it) but you can give it a look through and attempt to make some sense of it.
    This, IMO, is a great reason to start learning -- if you don't, who will? The more who try, the further this will get and the better it'll be for everyone.

I'm certainly not going to be able to get this updated by myself; heck, I started writing my emulator back in 2008 - I've been on and off that project ever since (it's near completion though). Updating mgame's code is both a blessing and a curse: a lot of the systems are implemented already (which does save a lot of time), but they're rather unstable (and in a lot of cases outdated to some extent), so there's that extra effort involved to make sure everything's actually behaving as intended.

So yeah -- I won't be able to do this solo, which is something I didn't want to happen anyway -- this is intended to be a community project. You pitch in to make the server better for you. The project's there, the attention's being given to -- no reason for you to not give the project your attention, and help out! It's free, available to everyone, and open-source. What more could you possibly want. :P

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    this might have been a wake up call in 2008 or so.. but regardless, i can see a few problems right off the bat. TECHNICALLY speaking, running a private server is illegal. you're running stolen/modded/unliscenced files for personal gain (donations, pus). if you "tear usko apart" with an amazing ps, they can just as easily tear it apart with an "amazing legal team" - not that they'd be able to pull their heads out of their ass to do it, mind you.

oh, and for god's sake man, learn to sum things up!
    Maybe you need to go and learn some law. USKO doesn't own the rights to the file we are using, if I am correct? Their license for these files ran out a long time ago, so they are fair game. Besides, who said we would even put the server in the US. You're sort of assuming we are. Silly idea. They couldn't do diddly shit if we had it located in an area outside the US and they would lose either way. So please, before you come into a topic and say something "technical", at least get your facts straight lol.

-RP

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Maybe you need to go and learn some law. USKO doesn't own the rights to the file we are using, if I am correct? Their license for these files ran out a long time ago, so they are fair game. Besides, who said we would even put the server in the US. You're sort of assuming we are. Silly idea. They couldn't do diddly shit if we had it located in an area outside the US and they would lose either way. So please, before you come into a topic and say something "technical", at least get your facts straight lol.

-RP
    A company like MGame do not need a license to report/sue you for copyright infringement... and since all the private servers you see around (at least the 99% of 'em) are having parts of MGame's source code, they're free to do whatever they want on you, even if you do not live on earth.

Also if i remember correctly, that's why Lost Soulz KO closed back then ?

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    A company like MGame do not need a license to report/sue you for copyright infringement... and since all the private servers you see around (at least the 99% of 'em) are having parts of MGame's source code, they're free to do whatever they want on you, even if you do not live on earth.

Also if i remember correctly, that's why Lost Soulz KO closed back then ?
    thats what i heard anyways. flew too close to the sun, so to speak; though i doubt they really give a shit about private servers anymore. they have a broken game full of broken players and gms selling everything from items to bots and bypasses.. random accounts being hacked and drained... yep, this is the epitome of fun guys.

also, @ RP.. really? you've got to tell me to think before i talk and get my facts straight when you dont understand copyright infringement?

anyways +1 to what twostars said. if i knew my ass from a hole in the ground in regards to dev/coding/programming i'd help out but uh.. i dont.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Slowly building your reputation back up eh?
    After many fails and money steals from twostars, he is now opening servers as a back uncle.. like proko,legitko etc..