Private KO servers: just how do they work?

This is a discussion on Private KO servers: just how do they work? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I looked around in the private KO servers forum and didn't see any obvious threads explaining this. How do they ...
Page: 1

Question Private KO servers: just how do they work?

I looked around in the private KO servers forum and didn't see any obvious threads explaining this. How do they work? (ie setup/GM's/etc)

Is there any risk particularly associated with private servers compared to the usual USKO Diez/Ares/etc? Are they sanctioned by NNT (or whoever controls KO these days)?

So many noob questions

Quote Originally Posted by typ0 View Post
    I looked around in the private KO servers forum and didn't see any obvious threads explaining this. How do they work? (ie setup/GM's/etc)

Is there any risk particularly associated with private servers compared to the usual USKO Diez/Ares/etc? Are they sanctioned by NNT (or whoever controls KO these days)?

So many noob questions
    I don't really understand everything you said but I'll tell you what I know.

Private servers are just like normal KO servers with modified databases. There are plenty of different styles with some including extra-content compared to the common Knight Online and some old school servers based on KE / MYKO times. Private servers are pretty popular nowadays so picking a good, safe server for yourself should be pretty easy. PSKO* as changed alot since the early 1098 version and there are actually a couple servers using an emulator to use 1886 client. NTT nor MGAME can't do anything about private servers although there were rumors about K2 shutting private servers down, but those were just rumors. Nowadays the private servers face a new problem. DDoS and rival PSKO owners. There's alot of money going on in private server business with servers reaching 1k+ players so they try to shut down rival private servers with bad security. Finding a stable server will probably take a while but there are some safe picks for you depending on what kind of server you like.

Most stable servers at the moment:
    - SexyKO (1886 version, PvP server +8 +0 max)
    - OldSchoolKO (KE / MYKO hard farm server. +8 +1 max)
    - YourKO "Maiza" (KE/MYKO hard farm server.)

Banned

And what exactly made you think, that a private server related question topic belongs into the General Knight Online section...? Moved.

Banned Member

Private servers are pretty much normal ko with active gms/less hackers and corruption haha. There's no risk that i am aware of for your usko playing. They are really really fun and i would suggest trying one.

Thanks for the info guys, it explains quite a bit.

I think I may go for ChillKO in bit, once I figure out a couple things.

Btw, @MrRapist: How about stickying this? It seems like useful info for people who have never played on private servers and don't know what they are.

Epic KO :: Index if u are looking for a server wich pretty easy farm and no owp donations items like chill KO where u can gett items wich free to play users must farm 1 month or even more......
    Right now we have on PUS only baha armors wich can be gett in game easy
    Also we just started advertise event where u can gett a full sett or armor + nps + a krowaz weapon +9 (best weapon for now)

For fuck's sake. Stop advertising your shitty server everywhere. Deal with it that you will shut it down within few days due to low population.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nekromage3 View Post
    Epic KO :: Index if u are looking for a server wich pretty easy farm and no owp donations items like chill KO where u can gett items wich free to play users must farm 1 month or even more......
    Also we just started advertise event where u can gett a full sett or armor + nps + a krowaz weapon +9 (best weapon for now)
    I thought twostars already told you to stop bashing us? Have youeven tryed our server? For more than 1 day? If not then stfu

P.S You know whats funny about your '1 month for PUS items theory' PLENTY of people have got PUS items and it hasnt even been 2 weeks yet, not to mention we're adding Dark Land soon, so stop saying shit you dont know.

You know what else is funny? 'Right now we have on PUS only baha armors which you can get in game easy' Just some advice brah, GL paying for your dedi when you realize the whole server has your armor and ur not getting any donations.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    Private servers are pretty much normal ko with active gms/less hackers and corruption haha. There's no risk that i am aware of for your usko playing. They are really really fun and i would suggest trying one.
    That's not entirely true, there is plenty of corruption that goes on in most if not all private servers, the owners/GMs are money hungry these days, that's all they really launch servers for nowadays, once it fails they wipe and relaunch to make a quick buck.

There are hackers but most get banned once reported.

There is a risk when playing private servers, for starters if you donate chances are you'll lose your donations worth soon enough, your time will most likely be lost that you've committed (mainly in farm servers) 95% of private servers have a short lifetime. So when choosing a server to play on you should make sure it shows promise before putting your time and money into it. So my suggestion would to wait a few days after a server launch to see how well it does before starting

I clicked ur link 20 Users online 12 of them in Moradon only 5 in cz.

Please stop talking sh.t about other servers that you have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lert View Post
    For fuck's sake. Stop advertising your shitty server everywhere. Deal with it that you will shut it down within few days due to low population.
    Who are u do tell me what do make? The guy asked somethinc and i told him my opinion what is wrong with that ?? I even goot 1 infraction for so called spamming advertise but bigdudle posts arent called advertise? Anyway i dont have anythinq personal with anyone him just say that will maybe try chill ko and i told him my opinion why him should not do ... Anyway who cares about some words wich come from a person that him dont even know?

Anyway i dont have anythinq personal with anyone him just say that will maybe try chill ko and i told him my opinion why him should not do ... Anyway who cares about some words wich come from a person that him dont even know?
    It's really just rude, and reflects poorly on your server. Nobody's stopping you from metaphorically shooting yourself in the foot though, so go ahead - keep attacking other servers in an attempt to advertise your own server. See how far that gets you.