Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

myKO.us - 2014 awaiting your suggestions ! [UPDATE 25-04-2014]

This is a discussion on myKO.us - 2014 awaiting your suggestions ! [UPDATE 25-04-2014] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by MyKOpvp I think it's quite more simple than that. The .gtd file handles map events clientside, mostly ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by MyKOpvp View Post
    I think it's quite more simple than that. The .gtd file handles map events clientside, mostly the clientside event is connected to a SMD event but in some cases it's just added as NPC (Delos for example).
    my opinion about the bridge is that the clientside part is already in the GTD. The NPC part of it is easy to add, but the event part of the bridge must be hardcoded into the ebenezer.

And thank you for your interest tough !
    Um, tile events haven't got anything to do with objects/spawns... but even if they did, the GTD file doesn't handle those.
    GTD is strictly for terrain (and lighting, sort of, but that was deprecated when they used external files for it).
    That is, the zone's heightmap, which textures it uses for terrain tiles, and pond & river data.

Tile events are for the client & server to recognise special tiles to perform special functions, e.g. teleporting, displaying a message (e.g. safe areas), traps, recognising where you're able to use siege transformations, etc.

The main thing to remember is that officially, the bridge is a monster spawn, not an NPC/object. It's spawned there by the server (the client doesn't know/care where), and I assume handled hackily in their official client to workaround collision issues, and allow for the lowering animation when it detects a change in the state (the state isn't the same as used with other objects in 1.298, like gates and stuff -- it's set differently).

That's why I don't think it's possible to implement in 1.298 as it is officially -- at least without resorting to modifying the client code. Transforming the spawn is probably the closest thing I can think of in terms of providing similar functionality (collision, animation), but... you still would probably have to mess with the model itself to do so. Not to mention trying to support the transformation to begin with, which I don't think will even work for spawns (no way I can think of to persist that state)... unless you made it a player?!

Easier to just use the NPC for teleporting them I think. :-p

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Um, tile events haven't got anything to do with objects/spawns... but even if they did, the GTD file doesn't handle those.
    GTD is strictly for terrain (and lighting, sort of, but that was deprecated when they used external files for it).
    That is, the zone's heightmap, which textures it uses for terrain tiles, and pond & river data.

Tile events are for the client & server to recognise special tiles to perform special functions, e.g. teleporting, displaying a message (e.g. safe areas), traps, recognising where you're able to use siege transformations, etc.

The main thing to remember is that officially, the bridge is a monster spawn, not an NPC/object. It's spawned there by the server (the client doesn't know/care where), and I assume handled hackily in their official client to workaround collision issues, and allow for the lowering animation when it detects a change in the state (the state isn't the same as used with other objects in 1.298, like gates and stuff -- it's set differently).

That's why I don't think it's possible to implement in 1.298 as it is officially -- at least without resorting to modifying the client code. Transforming the spawn is probably the closest thing I can think of in terms of providing similar functionality (collision, animation), but... you still would probably have to mess with the model itself to do so. Not to mention trying to support the transformation to begin with, which I don't think will even work for spawns (no way I can think of to persist that state)... unless you made it a player?!

Easier to just use the NPC for teleporting them I think. :-p
    GTD doens't only contain tile events. If you take a look at the war_a.gtd you will see that the crystal of the CSW handeling the event is in the GTD(giving it the visual look). The object is added as NPC(not in npcpos) which is connected to the event in the gameserver. But you are right the bridge is an animation, so its pretty hard.

and anyways could yo go on PM mode would be more easy to discuss

Quote Originally Posted by MyKOpvp View Post
    GTD doens't only contain tile events. If you take a look at the war_a.gtd you will see that the crystal of the CSW handeling the event is in the GTD(giving it the visual look). The object is added as NPC(not in npcpos) which is connected to the event in the gameserver. But you are right the bridge is an animation, so its pretty hard.

and anyways could yo go on PM mode would be more easy to discuss
    Sort of... but, it's not handled in the GTD; you're just mixing up the client files is all.
    As stated, GTD only really deals with terrain. The objects are handled by the OPD files, object effects in OPDSUB & tile handling in the OPDEXT files, if memory serves correctly.

If you made it an object (i.e. added it to your OPD file & an entry in your SMD) so it spawns as an object NPC ingame (as you describe above; i.e. not being in K_NPCPOS), it might partly work but I have no idea how it'd handle collision, and the existing model doesn't behave like gates do (it's not an object event officially, again, it behaves as a monster spawn officially -- so there's no such objects in the official maps). Since it doesn't behave like a gate does (i.e. it lowers instead of moving, and is supposed to handle being walked on rather than merely through) it shouldn't lower (it's a different state, which does not seem to be supported at all in older clients).

Those drawbridges are terrible. mgame really needs a consistent system, this shouldn't as hacky (even officially) as it is. >_<

Regarding the PMs, yeah there's not much more to discuss -- I don't have the patience for screwing around with the old 1.298 client to get that to work correctly, so meh, couldn't help you.
    Was just curious when you said it was 100% like USKO, whether you actually did find a way of handling it. :/

Just tie a rope to the bridge that will be cut once the death of all monsters triggers the pressure plate in the floor (floor becomes lighter, it rises and triggers the switch.) and the bridge shall fall! This should work as long as the players killing the monsters aren't extremely overweight!
    twostars likes this.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

kallop schhh well i hope u open the server around summer time, ill bring a army then^^

Banned Regular Member

https://www.facebook.com/myko.us?fref=ts - here nice screen shot ;]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123