MaxKO Expansion

This is a discussion on MaxKO Expansion within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi, i just would like to share with you guys a message from the MaxKO staff, letting you all know ...
Page: 1

Default MaxKO Expansion

Hi,

i just would like to share with you guys a message from the MaxKO staff, letting you all know about the expansion they are bringing to their server:

MAXKO

ear KO players, we are more then welcome to inform you about the {new} MaxKO server. After 5 years of glorious PK , we're in position to launch MaxKO expansion.
    NEW - USKO-like, but better, server.
    We're ready to present you with new PK zones, farming maps with lot of events, and new wars. There is daily events and wars like: Lunar war, Snow war, Border Defense and Castle Siege Wars, Donator Event, Forgotten Temple, Juraid Event & GM Events. Also, we have CHAOS Event with new working skills and new Chaos items. Image 1 Image 2
    There is the Football event too, so you can enjoy more things Image 4
    We have, of course, the old items like Raptor, II, Chitin Bow, Mirages , Elixir ... And new ones like Chaos, Hero , Darkness/Tier , Krowaz and others. Valkyries Image 3
    Picture
    The MaxKO team is composed by Many GM's and Developers from around the world. We have Active Staff and fast responses on forum/in game for any problems you have. There are no cheaters and koxpers, because we have a new upgraded MaxKO scan.
    There will be constant PK and a new active Ronark Land. Chaos stoneRonark Land

Come and join us.

MaxKO site: http://www.maxko.org
    MaxKO forum: MaxKO Forum • Index page

Take KO to the MAX!

how to download this new version ? link please ; ) .

This new version will be avaiable soon in this site: https://www.maxko.org/?page=download

I think it's comming in 3 days.

okey , thank's mate !

TrustyTheClown Senior Member G3rm4n's Avatar

Did it come now?! I'm kinda borred and would try it

kinda sad because expension is awesome and stuff is nice aswell.. but with the retarded stats they have on items makes server look stupid lawl...

From what them say them wont add chaos weapons and much more stuffs on expansion ...
    Anyway the expansion is awesome with some cool features and new zones,but if tem add same stuffs as the server wich them have will be kinda booring....

Quote Originally Posted by G3rm4n View Post
    It's comming during this week, they are fixing some final bugs.

Go talk with Fridulin and come both of you :P

The One And Only Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by G3rm4n View Post
    gay!! :/...

did you guys wipe the server?

FWIW, I've seen their code and it's extremely abusable (moreso than mgame's standard code). Apparently it's not allowed to be fixed on sight, because osmanx is supposed to go through and fix it all, which is a nice thought... but says nothing for design flaws, or human error/oversight...

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the resulting server's riddled with crashes or swamped with dupes and other 'flaws' (e.g. heavily abusable mining system [just try spamming the mining packet ]). I haven't seen it after osmanx's looked at it, but we all miss things -- and there are some design flaws too big to change easily (so I wouldn't be surprised if he just left them).

Really though, it was designed by people who obviously have very little knowledge of quality code (or object-oriented code at all, for that matter), and think it's perfectly acceptable to allow users to call heavier-than-normal database lookups on-demand, and introduce race conditions doing so (multiple worker threads handling user packets, one database connection being screwed with on-demand: try having multiple users call that at the same time [which is possible WITHOUT deliberately abusing]).

Why am I stating it here? Reason being, I've already told Flegy about these such issues... but, since he's inclined to ignore them, perhaps making them wider known will prompt him to actually do something about them. Preferably before they start causing issues...

Well, all i know is they have been working hard on it for a long time, so i hope you're wrong and we end up with a nice server to play