Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

NDKO (No Drama)

This is a discussion on NDKO (No Drama) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yea,I went to this server cous trickey is playin...
Page: 6

Yea,I went to this server cous trickey is playin

I am Timmeh Senior Member

I can't wait to play it

For those of you who want to keep updated via email, join our mailing list!
    No Drama KO Subscribe!

~LongBanana

Whut

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    However, hopefully Whut will give this one a go. I know not of gameplay or probably will all that much until "stage 2" (post-emu) but when I do I can guarantee fun. Soooo many fun ideas, and I'm sure you guys can brainstorm some more. If there's something wrong with KO's functionality, I'll address it. Fun fun fun.

But I do hope Whut plays - he was a fun community member.
    "Tears"

Ill help out anyway I can twoey

Quote Originally Posted by Whut View Post
    "Tears"

Ill help out anyway I can twoey

you doucheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3.

ps : twostars , count with us on it .

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars
    Hey guys,

As many of you already know, No Drama KO is going to be a stand-out server; both myself and jonny have years of experience with private KO server development, and I've spent months working behind-the-scenes on my own emulator for the game. Both of us have high expectations, and a lot of great ideas - which you guys are helping with!

This means that we don't want to "just" put up the server. We want to do it right, the first time. No rushing! This week alone there have been many new private KO servers opened up, and some of them have already gone. This isn't going to happen with us. Both myself and jonny are in it for the long haul; we've already been working together for months with the emulator and will continue to for as long as I can foresee.

The server will, itself, go through several stages.

First, there will be the pre-emulator server (which jonny is putting in a lot of his time & effort into setting up). This uses the regular files others use, albeit patched and, put simply, done "right" (many servers, as you're aware, are what I refer to as copypasta servers - they do minimal if any work on the server and release them under their name...). This will form the basis of the server (gameplay-wise) and will serve as the stepping stone to the initial migration to the emulator (when we will import all the data; you won't lose your characters or any of your data!).

The pre-emulator server should be launched sometime this month. We'll update you when we can positively give a date, but it should be THIS MONTH!

Meanwhile, as jonny spends time working on the pre-emulator server, I've been continually putting effort into the emulator and I'm getting pretty darn close to it being usable. From the start we've given the emulator about 1 month after the pre-emulator server has been launched, however I've been putting in a lot of time to try and reduce that as much as I can - after all, the good stuff comes with the emulator!

So I'll restate, the emulator (in its 1.298 stage) should be released one month after the pre-emulator server has launched. That means we're looking at sometime in October, possibly early November.

After that, my focus will be on updating the emulator (which shouldn't take a great deal of time, given I've already begun) to whatever the USKO version is at that time. I do not know when that can be expected; it is a little too early to tell, however by then I'm sure we'll be having lots of fun with 1.298.

If you couldn't be bothered reading the above post, I'll highlight what I can tell you about launch details:

- Pre-emulator (1.298) server should be released sometime this month.
    - Emulator (1.298) should be released approximately one month afterwards (though I'm constantly working to reduce that).
    - Afterwards, my focus will be on updating the emulator to support the current USKO version at that time (which I've already started). I don't know how long this will take me, but it shouldn't take a great deal of time. Too early to tell, anyway.

Hopefully this answers your questions as best they can be answered right now! I apologise for the lack of specifics, but I think it for the best that we don't rush or give dates we might not be able to live up to.

Thanks for your patience!
    When will we launch? - NDKO community forums

This server will be the next generation of KO p.servers

shitttt... tricky you know im playing this server
    And of course im bringing all the DRAMA!!

We got a Mumble Server up. It is just like Ventrilo and from our experience, it's much clearer and better.
    Mumble Server - NDKO community forums

Bring all your friends if you like.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

ill try it out once its done, played with u at sexyko for a bit in overtherainbow trick, mage better be the strongest class in there lol.

Im making sure.. this server will not be flooded with mages

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny
    PRE-EMU Progress (First part of the server)

• Safe zones double checked to be adequate.
    • NPCs placed in Moradon; monsters are also set.
    • NPCs placed in Piana

Proconsul added to Moradon.
    Quests added:

• New warrior's mission
    • Beginner's Armor Upgrade
    • Goblin Armor
    • Silan Armor
    • Armor of Destruction
    • Talia Skin

I need to go through and edit these quests to prevent abuse (ie. bypassing the current checks to just receive the items).

• Warehouse operator added to Moradon (Abyss Gem, FT Chest NPC).
    • Several exploits fixed (too many to list).
    • Breth mob spawns partially plotted out (not finalized yet).
    • Piana Mobs Added
    • Breth spawns wiped
    • Important NPCs added to Piana (Mastery ones)
    • Some bosses added to Piana
    • Guards added to Piana
    • Drops are being worked on now
    • Respawn stones are broken right now, I need to fix their coordinates appropriately.
    • Eslant NPC spawns kept the same
    • Eslant Mob spawns completely re-done.

Chyea buddy

http://forum.nodramako.net/topic/6-p...__824#entry824
    Last edited by T_rey; 09-16-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Hey guys,

As you're aware, launch date is drawing ever closer, so here I am yet again with the latest information regarding the pre-emulator server & the emulator!

The pre-emulator server, under jonny's supervision & assistance from you guys in our Mumble server is being completed fairly quickly. With a couple of zones to go, and the experience rates to test-run through, it's really not long to go now!
    I have also been preparing the old 1.309 MYKO client (NOT the USKO client everyone [as far as I know] uses) for use by the first stages of the server. This version, amongst a handful of other things (of which I'll dig up a full changelog soon!), solves the party bug issue - yay!

From Friday to Sunday I've been (and still am) pretty much completely free, so I've been spending this time primarily on the emulator (namely, the AI system). I've only really got a couple of major systems left to finish - in order of priority & size they are the AI system, the scripting engine, and the compound accessories feature; which isn't all that much left really considering I've nearly finished the AI system, the scripting engine's fairly simple to 'plonk' in and the compound accessories feature's not that large at all.

One thing you may know about me is that I seek perfection; I like to do things properly from the word 'go' (if it's not done properly, why do it to begin with!?).
    As such, we're constantly evaluating our decisions and have decided that we'll be doing things slightly differently with the pre-emulator server.

The pre-emulator server is supposed to 'fill in the gap' between the proper release and now, giving you guys the time to play - using the same rates & drops as what they will be on launch. It was supposed to give us an opportunity to get you guys to help test the server's gameplay prior to introducing the emulator (which will likely introduce a couple of its own bugs to be identified in the testing stages).
    HOWEVER, with the recent onslaught of exploits being introduced and the constantly reduced ETA on the emulator, we feel that it (being as exploitable as it is) probably isn't worth having anybody having any unfair advantages before the real server kicks in. I, for one, don't feel the need to spend time constantly fending off new issues (in doing so, delaying the emulator) when the emulator prevents them anyway.

As such, we feel it best that - although we keep the server - we make some changes to how it's going to work.
    First and foremost, I'd like to point out that we WILL be wiping the server before the changeover to the emulator. I know, this is going back on our original plan to import player data into the emulator, but the potential unfair advantages gained by players in this stage - that could roll over to the final server - concern us quite a bit. This doesn't mean that your time on the server is pointless though, and we'll make sure of it - players who participate in the pre-emulator server will be rewarded on the launch of the emulator with a special token of our appreciation, and an EXP gain scroll - so that you can still get that headstart amongst the new players!

With the emulator getting finalised so unexpectedly quickly, it's not expected the pre-emulator server will stay around too long either - so as such, we'll be INCREASING the rates in the pre-emulator stage. This means you'll be able to level much quicker than you will on official launch so you can get some more PK'ing in until then.

I apologise for the long post, and truly hope you understand the reasons behind these changes. The emulator IS the main part of this server, after all.

Thanks.
    This is how I bump the topics chyeaaa
    Server updates&#33; - NDKO community forums

Marll

Hope its will be a seccesful server guys...
    gonna join there as well to thanks.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  2. Hits: 439
    04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
  5. Hits: 2