Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

New Professional Server Ideas

This is a discussion on New Professional Server Ideas within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ReesesPieces Brandon, does it really matter.. in all honesty, if you can't even protect your website from ...
Page: 6

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Brandon, does it really matter.. in all honesty, if you can't even protect your website from being ripped? That's your own dumb-ass fault.
    I agree 100%, just letting the community know, If ya can't protect your shit then it's virtually free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I agree 100%, just letting the community know, If ya can't protect your shit then it's virtually free.
    I honestly don't understand how you guys expect people to protect their website designs; it all ultimately goes to the browser to render, whether you force say, Javascript to render it, it'll still be rendered and accessible via the DOM, hence "rippable."
    Unless... you intend web developers to go ahead and develop their own browsers to communicate with their own own protocols, for clients to use to access their website? Very convenient, and accessible.

How about a car analogy. Just stop & think about that for a minute.

Theft is theft, regardless of your attempts to justify it; "it's on the internet, it can be taken!", "the private server is already using stolen files, so I might as well steal the website as well", etc.

TRWTF is that this:
    Brandon, does it really matter.. in all honesty, if you can't even protect your website from being ripped? That's your own dumb-ass fault.
    Is victim blaming, pure and simple.

To make a point, try this *very* slightly modified version:
    Brandon, does it really matter.. in all honesty, if you can't even protect yourself from being raped? That's your own dumb-ass fault.
    Would you still take the same stance? I really hope not.

Banned Senior Member

I don't recall saying the content was 100% original, and credits have been given to heroes wow from before this post was made, but your referencing is highly appreciated rocket . We use about 70% of their html, 50% of their graphics, and 100% of our own code, so who cares. What do you think private servers are?

If any one else has any suggestions please feel free to contact us here on pm. We are still also accepting members to our growing team.
    Oscar likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    We are still also accepting members to our growing team.
    ill give you a brazzers account for gm

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    We use about 70% of their html, 50% of their graphics, and 100% of our own code
    Those are some great math skills you got their.
    You're welcome vince.
    ExclusiveBastard likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I honestly don't understand how you guys expect people to protect their website designs; it all ultimately goes to the browser to render, whether you force say, Javascript to render it, it'll still be rendered and accessible via the DOM, hence "rippable."
    Unless... you intend web developers to go ahead and develop their own browsers to communicate with their own own protocols, for clients to use to access their website? Very convenient, and accessible.

How about a car analogy. Just stop & think about that for a minute.

Theft is theft, regardless of your attempts to justify it; "it's on the internet, it can be taken!", "the private server is already using stolen files, so I might as well steal the website as well", etc.

TRWTF is that this:

Is victim blaming, pure and simple.

To make a point, try this *very* slightly modified version:

Would you still take the same stance? I really hope not.
    Did you just really.. really.. just compare rape to a website ripping.. got to be kidding me.

Honestly, its not that difficult, if you had just googled it before saying anything, or quit looking at in a technical stance, you would of seen, you can easily add a watermark to your page, and make it mostly invisible, or even? Add a copyright image, big enough to where they couldn't easily hide it, take a look at Snoxds website template release by Faceof.

Banned Senior Member

You're welcome vince.
    First off my name's Marlon, secondly the math is purely estimations, hence about preceeding the math. Your input is highly appreciated

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    ill give you a brazzers account for gm
    In all seriousness we just may consider this depending on how much months is left

Did you just really.. really.. just compare rape to a website ripping.. got to be kidding me.
    Yes, I did. To demonstrate a point: an extreme point, but a point nonetheless.

Honestly, its not that difficult, if you had just googled it before saying anything, or in your case - being technical, you would of seen, you can easily add a watermark to your page, and make it mostly invisible, or even? Add a copyright image, big enough to where they couldn't easily hide it, take a look at Snoxds website template release by Faceof.
    Oh, I get it. So you're saying to do something like this:

That would definitely work. I wonder why they didn't think of doing that, it's a genius idea! (also, I got bored, not all of the images are watermarked, especially layout-related).

You're welcome vince.
    ... you seriously thought that he was referring to a collective total? Seriously?

Banned Senior Member

Way to take what I say and blow it out of proportion.

Banned Senior Member

Sometimes I wonder whose more emotional, me or them.

Hence why I'm able to split from the "pack", so to speak @uknowwhouare

Anymore suggestions folks?

Way to take what I say and blow it out of proportion.
    I don't understand what you meant, then. You said watermark it, to protect the content... that's watermarked. Super easy to get around with just a little bit of Photoshop, but it's watermarked.

You show me what you mean. How would you protect the content with watermarks?

Banned Senior Member

At the end of the day the best way to protect your brand is to establish it's dominance by getting it recognized by a populace. But who cares, lets just get these suggestions in here.

Banned Senior Member

suggestion: tell us who your staff members/devs are.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    suggestion: tell us who your staff members/devs are.
    This info will be disclosed when the staff leaves their current server as they would be kicked off their staff positions in those servers if their admin discovered their identity. No-one has done so yet especially because the launch of this server is not yet guaranteed

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast