Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

[New Release] Knight Imperia, a farm server.

This is a discussion on [New Release] Knight Imperia, a farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Those sneaky advertisings are just sad , and you guys will be the first to leave after 2-3 weeks becouse ...
Page: 20

Those sneaky advertisings are just sad , and you guys will be the first to leave after 2-3 weeks becouse you cant handle the heat . So piss off , KI is great , great action in cz.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    It is the best Farm Private server atm,... and that`s what`s funny. Anyways, from what I know, alot of the people that left KI, and alot that don`t play atm or play other servers are going to NDKO, so in about 2 weeks, another best farm private server is coming around .
    They will leave NDKO too. I believe NDKO will have a great start, but it will die slowly like the other private servers. Just wait till they announce rofd, and how people complain about 70+ skills and quit, or how hard exping is. I believe they will be up for like a year at maximum. They are a farm server, after 2 months noone will start, and the ones who is playing, will be quitting day by day.

Honestly, there are 3 farm servers are coming up with high expectations. If I was a KO player I would pick one of these servers to play:

Project KE
    Oldschool KO
    NDKO

All of them looks promising. I have been playing in farm servers for like 3-4 years. I know %80 of the KO community. These servers will be splitting players, each of them should consider themself as lucky if they have 450 online at the first day and keep 300+ after a week, I also expect one of them to die after a month. NDKO can have more since they are known developers, but generally, I really doubt one of them will have 500+ online. Seems like NDKO will be really populated at the start (due to l33t turk invasion maybe) but we will see how long they will last.

As far as I see, they have similar release dates. They will fight with eachother, but help to the server which comes 2 months later, because around 500 people in these 3 servers will be quitted at that time and looking for a new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Odi View Post
    +1

I hope cz in USKO won't be empty when NDKO will come out
    Yes, just hope that because if something like that happens (tho chances are lower than winning a lottery) NDKO may be lawsuited by K2 Network. They don't even need to do anything, just a mail by K2 Network saying "You have X days to close the server." will do the work. I am serious about it because K2 closed the few turkish KO forums with an "aggrement" mail like that.

On topic, we are doing our best on KI and will keep doing it but it's up to players to choose their server. I hope there won't be another advertisement invasion in our server/forums. I believe we are and we were one of the top-rated private servers ever, and it's enough pleasure for us.

Good luck to these new servers, but please discuss about KI in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    They will leave NDKO too. I believe NDKO will have a great start, but it will die slowly like the other private servers. Just wait till they announce rofd, and how people complain about 70+ skills and quit, or how hard exping is. I believe they will be up for like a year at maximum. They are a farm server, after 2 months noone will start, and the ones who is playing, will be quitting day by day.

Honestly, there are 3 farm servers are coming up with high expectations. If I was a KO player I would pick one of these servers to play:

Project KE
    Oldschool KO
    NDKO

All of them looks promising. I have been playing in farm servers for like 3-4 years. I know %80 of the KO community. These servers will be splitting players, each of them should consider themself as lucky if they have 450 online at the first day and keep 300+ after a week, I also expect one of them to die after a month. NDKO can have more since they are known developers, but generally, I really doubt one of them will have 500+ online. Seems like NDKO will be really populated at the start (due to l33t turk invasion maybe) but we will see how long they will last.

As far as I see, they have similar release dates. They will fight with eachother, but help to the server which comes 2 months later, because around 500 people in these 3 servers will be quitted at that time and looking for a new server.

Yes, just hope that because if something like that happens (tho chances are lower than winning a lottery) NDKO may be lawsuited by K2 Network. They don't even need to do anything, just a mail by K2 Network saying "You have X days to close the server." will do the work. I am serious about it because K2 closed the few turkish KO forums with an "aggrement" mail like that.

On topic, we are doing our best on KI and will keep doing it but it's up to players to choose their server. I hope there won't be another advertisement invasion in our server/forums. I believe we are and we were one of the top-rated private servers ever, and it's enough pleasure for us.

Good luck to these new servers, but please discuss about KI in this thread.
    After that post you're implicitly asking other people not to talk about other servers? If you wanted that, you should really just not have contributed to the discussion... because now you've really done it. There'll be responses to that for sure. -_-

I might as well start, now that I'm here.

Just wait till they announce rofd, and how people complain about 70+ skills and quit, or how hard exping is. I believe they will be up for like a year at maximum. They are a farm server, after 2 months noone will start, and the ones who is playing, will be quitting day by day.
    People always complain. Even on KI, this thread is proof of it. Everything we do will be in the best interest of the server, not because people complained about certain things. Granted, if there's something wrong with how something works (balance issues, poor system design, etc) then sure - we'll do something, as that's in the best interest of the server. People will always be quitting, for various reasons. Cheaters - because they were banned (though not before attempting to evade their bans, as is typical), casual players who haven't got time for it, people who just don't get their own way. That's just a fact. Conversely though, people will always be joining - it's like life/death. People are always being dying, and they are also always being born. It happens. It's a cycle.

Trying to distance your own server from these servers is another story; I can understand you want your server to survive. Put down the competition. Force other people to see anything negative about other servers. Just try to include more facts, and less opinion in future though, because you're just blatantly bashing other servers in your own thread - and that I have a problem with.

Now what I can see about Knight Imperia, since this thread is all about your wonderful server that's come and gone (wiping each time it does) quite a number of times for various reasons to date, is a few things really: as implied from the previous, it's always been shortlived, seemingly the only way it can survive - and only *really* working because it starts fresh, balancing out newcomers with old veterans, but conversely it's one of ways you're slowly killing your own server (i.e. old veterans quitting because of having to keep starting over, as evidenced by a number of users I've talked with, and seen posts of in the forums [and your forums, in the past]). As you can see, you're not so distant from your own biased opinions on the outlook of your competition. You have no edge on, at least NDKO - I can't exactly say the same for the other two servers (a little for K-E, but sk8r...) because of their owners being somewhat new to the developmental game (i.e. OldSchoolKO) and especially in K-E's case, quite a bit limited in their developmental capability - as is the case for Knight Imperia also.

Seems like NDKO will be really populated at the start (due to l33t turk invasion maybe) but we will see how long they will last.
    Surprisingly, the forums are remarkably active even now - Turkey didn't even have access for most of the month it's been up. According to web stats, they are an extremely minor factor in the overall activity of the site, NOT that I'm implying all Turkish people are bad (in case you're feeling a little sensitive). Just pointing that out there, as another one of those things you just form completely unsubstantiated & biased opinions about.

If those exploits don't get released soon, I'm really going to be tempted to release them myself. Not to see you fall (though I know you will, given your history with depending on me - which I won't be doing, and failing that, asking in Snoxd, which leads absolutely nowhere), but to see if any servers can pick themselves up on their own. They're mostly just crashes, though one's a dupe method (which isn't picked up by my old dupe scanner) and another stuffs with the stack (which could potentially do anything).

Mind, I wasn't going to out of courtesy to other servers, but talk like this... it really disgusts me, especially from you. Chances are, they'll be exploited eventually by someone, anyway. :/

Firstly, 'lawsuited' isn't a word; at least TRY to make it sound like you know what the hell you're talking about for once. The initial notice will be a "DMCA notice", citing a cease & desist request. However, this can only happen if we're providing users with something of theirs (provided we're even hosted in a location that has digital copyright laws) - though you are correct in your assumed logic, "USKO client" lawfully belongs to K2 Network, you are somewhat wrong; the USKO client lawfully belongs to mgame/NoahSystem. It's their intellectual property, K2 Network purchases the right to provide their own service using their property.

This Turkish stuff's always been rumour, but to the best of my legal knowledge, K2 Network as a publisher have no right to do that - unless these services were providing something that was intellectually their own property, in which case we are NOT.

Currently we're not using any of K2 Network's intellectual property, client nor server. Emulator stage - only the client (mgame/NoahSystem). In the long-term I plan to write my own client, basing existing content from their system. This will cut it back down to merely the client's models & images/textures belonging to mgame, and I hope to reduce even that.

However, you obviously are with the website template and all being their (K2 Network/GamersFirst's) intellectual copyright.

Seriously, just keep doing what you're doing. Ignore other servers (if you can even do that... your history with messing with other servers is starting to get infamous...). You don't need to be bashing other servers, you'll just hurt your own server. -_-
    Last edited by twostars; 10-04-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: them/users

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    After that post you're implicitly asking other people not to talk about other servers? If you wanted that, you should really just not have contributed to the discussion... because now you've really done it. There'll be responses to that for sure. -_-

I might as well start, now that I'm here.

People always complain. Even on KI, this thread is proof of it. Everything we do will be in the best interest of the server, not because people complained about certain things. Granted, if there's something wrong with how something works (balance issues, poor system design, etc) then sure - we'll do something, as that's in the best interest of the server. People will always be quitting, for various reasons. Cheaters - because they were banned (though not before attempting to evade their bans, as is typical), casual players who haven't got time for it, people who just don't get their own way. That's just a fact. Conversely though, people will always be joining - it's like life/death. People are always being dying, and they are also always being born. It happens. It's a cycle.

Trying to distance your own server from these servers is another story; I can understand you want your server to survive. Put down the competition. Force other people to see anything negative about other servers. Just try to include more facts, and less opinion in future though, because you're just blatantly bashing other servers in your own thread - and that I have a problem with.

Now what I can see about Knight Imperia, since this thread is all about your wonderful server that's come and gone (wiping each time it does) quite a number of times for various reasons to date, is a few things really: as implied from the previous, it's always been shortlived, seemingly the only way it can survive - and only *really* working because it starts fresh, balancing out newcomers with old veterans, but conversely it's one of ways you're slowly killing your own server (i.e. old veterans quitting because of having to keep starting over, as evidenced by a number of users I've talked with, and seen posts of in the forums [and your forums, in the past]). As you can see, you're not so distant from your own biased opinions on the outlook of your competition. You have no edge on, at least NDKO - I can't exactly say the same for the other two servers (a little for K-E, but sk8r...) because of their owners being somewhat new to the developmental game (i.e. OldSchoolKO) and especially in K-E's case, quite a bit limited in their developmental capability - as is the case for Knight Imperia also.

Surprisingly, the forums are remarkably active even now - Turkey didn't even have access for most of the month it's been up. According to web stats, they are an extremely minor factor in the overall activity of the site, NOT that I'm implying all Turkish people are bad (in case you're feeling a little sensitive). Just pointing that out there, as another one of those things you just form completely unsubstantiated & biased opinions about.

If those exploits don't get released soon, I'm really going to be tempted to release them myself. Not to see you fall (though I know you will, given your history with depending on me - which I won't be doing, and failing that, asking in Snoxd, which leads absolutely nowhere), but to see if any servers can pick themselves up on their own. They're mostly just crashes, though one's a dupe method (which isn't picked up by my old dupe scanner) and another stuffs with the stack (which could potentially do anything).

Mind, I wasn't going to out of courtesy to other servers, but talk like this... it really disgusts me, especially from you. Chances are, they'll be exploited eventually by someone, anyway. :/

Firstly, 'lawsuited' isn't a word; at least TRY to make it sound like you know what the hell you're talking about for once. The initial notice will be a "DMCA notice", citing a cease & desist request. However, this can only happen if we're providing users with something of theirs (provided we're even hosted in a location that has digital copyright laws) - though you are correct in your assumed logic, "USKO client" lawfully belongs to K2 Network, you are somewhat wrong; the USKO client lawfully belongs to mgame/NoahSystem. It's their intellectual property, K2 Network purchases the right to provide their own service using their property.

This Turkish stuff's always been rumour, but to the best of my legal knowledge, K2 Network as a publisher have no right to do that - unless these services were providing something that was intellectually their own property, in which case we are NOT.

Currently we're not using any of K2 Network's intellectual property, client nor server. Emulator stage - only the client (mgame/NoahSystem). In the long-term I plan to write my own client, basing existing content from their system. This will cut it back down to merely the client's models & images/textures belonging to mgame, and I hope to reduce even that.

However, you obviously are with the website template and all being their (K2 Network/GamersFirst's) intellectual copyright.

Seriously, just keep doing what you're doing. Ignore other servers (if you can even do that... your history with messing with other servers is starting to get infamous...). You don't need to be bashing other servers, you'll just hurt your own server. -_-
    I would like to quote each sentence but I am very limited on time at the moment. I won't quote everything but try to reply all in one.

Actually, what I wrote up there was, to end the discussion, not to continue it. You probably understood it wrong so had to reply. I am just giving my personal opinions about the upcoming servers. I have never said anything bad about your server, or you, or Jonny. For sure you guys are great developers, know how to lead a community, and helped alot to KI in the past. I am thankful to you, but I don't know why your reply was offensive. I never tried to make your server look bad. Once you write your own server files, you can basicly do whatever you want. Alot of new skills (not just damage ones) wow-style instances, events like BDW, basicly anything. You can keep the players busy anytime, but I am trying to show you a fact. Getting players is not common cycle like live/death, if you think it's that common, you are mistaken. Once your server grows, you will have to be changing things, because players won't be starting on a server where everyone got geared and leveled. That's why I am telling, in long-term, every server dies, if not, their population keeps going down. You will have to be doing something.

As for KI's situation, right now I am not capable of doing any ASM patches. Without you, there wouldn't be KI, I know that very well. You helped us so much, so please, don't get me wrong, I am not bashing your server or others. I am being honest and objective here.

You are somewhat correct, but publishers have rights too. It is all dependant on their license aggrement. As far as I know, K2 Network has Knight Online's hosting license "world-wide", meaning, without their permission, there cannot be any local servers. (e.g Myko in the past) If there is going to be a local servers, the "rules" should be written in the license, we cannot know about them, but once MGames sold the world-wide license, without K2 Network's permission, there cannot be any KO servers. I also believe in their aggrement, MGames gave them permissions, because usually mmorpg licenses contains lots of rules. (I know about that, because my friends were going to buy localised-licensed mmorpg from South Korea.)

You are a private server. Not licensed. (Don't know how it is in your country, but I assume you don't even have a tax signboard [meaning you are a company (e.g LTD)]) In this case, even the government has rights to get your server closed, because basically, you are scamming government taxes. (Could be different in your country as I said, it's how it is in Turkey.)

The game can be all yours. Server files, database, client, etc. but still, if it's going to be your business (gaining money from it) it should be licensed. KO private servers are not big, that's why it's not a problem. (Unless someone with permission decides to close them, for sure.)

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Donations are considered as donation and/or Gifts, and you dont have to tax for them, in some countries ofc.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Heres an idea, how about every server owner currently using twostars work, closes down their server and tells their population to go to NDKO, because face it your little server is never going to change only continue to die (In all honesty NDKO is the only server with the ability to keep players attracted to the server, and to bring new players in after its already been launched for a month). The only reason the life/death example doesn't work for private servers is because theres to many shitty ones out, that do nothing but leach off snoxd/other devs for different features. Yet they steal the "Noobs" from the big servers because they have a chance of making a name for themselves there.

So yea, what I'm getting at is server owners need to stop holding on to what little rope of life they have left. Stop trying to make money, and leave the people who know what they are doing to do the work. Yall can just come and enjoy the playing like everyone else, and with less servers for people to go to, the more population the "Biggest" server will have steadily.

However, this won't happen, random wannabe Devs will continue to produce the same server as everyone else with different rates/items in hopes to make a quick buck and prove people like me wrong, and then they see their server fail.

PS: Think about this, if there was only one private server out, do you think people would bitch about the rates and all? Do you think they would leave when they started falling behind to another server? No, they wouldn't have the option to.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    Donations are considered as donation and/or Gifts, and you dont have to tax for them, in some countries ofc.

Donations=/=pus, where its more than obvious that ur paying for an item or service. Only thing is that IRS doesnt demand ur game logs. However, if a strong case is possible (even better if K2 get a new set of monkey-brainz and makes a complaint) then its more than possible to get a hefty lawsuit up on yar fraking bum for all sorts of tax vialationgz. It just depends, too may to list.

So if id be a fancy-pancy server owner, specially in my country where u cheat in the morning and ur in the evening news, id handle the legal and financial side first. All the records that remain (paypal and stuff) should carry as little info as possible so it would be impossible for IRS to link anything. Just be careful tho, too much plankie smells of money laundering.

P.S lolwallo'texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Donations=/=pus, where its more than obvious that ur paying for an item or service. Only thing is that IRS doesnt demand ur game logs. However, if a strong case is possible (even better if K2 get a new set of monkey-brainz and makes a complaint) then its more than possible to get a hefty lawsuit up on yar fraking bum for all sorts of tax vialationgz. It just depends, too may to list.

So if id be a fancy-pancy server owner, specially in my country where u cheat in the morning and ur in the evening news, id handle the legal and financial side first. All the records that remain (paypal and stuff) should carry as little info as possible so it would be impossible for IRS to link anything. Just be careful tho, too much plankie smells of money laundering.

P.S lolwallo'texts.
    technically donation = gift/giving money away without getting anything back.
    for real donation = way to get advantage over others and have items from PUS which cant be rly called donating anymore.. someone know a term for that? :P

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    technically donation = gift/giving money away without getting anything back.
    for real donation = way to get advantage over others and have items from PUS which cant be rly called donating anymore.. someone know a term for that? :P
    Being stupid?:P

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Babashopping! (read with caps)
    Last edited by Magyk; 10-04-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: retarded forum doesnt allow full caps

GanAinm

Why are you guys keep talking about a subject that you don’t even know it well?, first of all K2metwork won’t do any lawsuit to any private server around, so if you private server owners get an email from them simply ignore it, many private server full of bugs, bad copy and lower incoming money makes the k2 doesn’t bother to do a lawsuit against you since it will be much more expensive and a waste of time, actually SexyKO is the closest server similar to usko affecting copy rights laws, even with that they didn’t have issues with K2… so you think you gonna have an issue with K2?

Twostar who told you if you create a new client version from ko you won’t go against the copy rights laws? That is bullshit, better no create a romantic illusion for your community, don’t lie to them, don’t waste your time re-creating a client, if I say convincingly this is due I have knowledge from international laws about it, if you get an email from k2 just ignore it, because if they want to shut down your server they will simply do.

For Aristona:

For god sake man, with all the crap you keep writing, whoever realize that you are really scare that all your users migrate to NDKO, KE Project, Oldschoolko… so stop crying and keep working at your server, make some new strategies to avoid losing your users that is actually happen in your server, so stop being a baby.

For twostar:

Many people know you around twostar and the knowledge you have about ko structure and programming, but also there are many people that don’t even know who you really are, stop being such as pedant and so stop brag yourself for something that you didn’t release yet, because you are not the pope’s son, I respect your knowledge and I know you are a developer, but In my personal opinion I never play your server since you betrayed to iceman and your fake woman voice, making yourself as a pretty disturbed person, I wouldn’t trust in you, guys if you don’t believe just ask to iceman3000 (raffi), he is snoxd member and he made together with twostar hotchocolateko then titanko and twostar shuted down his own server and then blamed Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by GanAinm View Post
    Why are you guys keep talking about a subject that you don’t even know it well?, first of all K2metwork won’t do any lawsuit to any private server around, so if you private server owners get an email from them simply ignore it, many private server full of bugs, bad copy and lower incoming money makes the k2 doesn’t bother to do a lawsuit against you since it will be much more expensive and a waste of time, actually SexyKO is the closest server similar to usko affecting copy rights laws, even with that they didn’t have issues with K2… so you think you gonna have an issue with K2?

Twostar who told you if you create a new client version from ko you won’t go against the copy rights laws? That is bullshit, better no create a romantic illusion for your community, don’t lie to them, don’t waste your time re-creating a client, if I say convincingly this is due I have knowledge from international laws about it, if you get an email from k2 just ignore it, because if they want to shut down your server they will simply do.

For Aristona:

For god sake man, with all the crap you keep writing, whoever realize that you are really scare that all your users migrate to NDKO, KE Project, Oldschoolko… so stop crying and keep working at your server, make some new strategies to avoid losing your users that is actually happen in your server, so stop being a baby.

For twostar:

Many people know you around twostar and the knowledge you have about ko structure and programming, but also there are many people that don’t even know who you really are, stop being such as pedant and so stop brag yourself for something that you didn’t release yet, because you are not the pope’s son, I respect your knowledge and I know you are a developer, but In my personal opinion I never play your server since you betrayed to iceman and your fake woman voice, making yourself as a pretty disturbed person, I wouldn’t trust in you, guys if you don’t believe just ask to iceman3000 (raffi), he is snoxd member and he made together with twostar hotchocolateko then titanko and twostar shuted down his own server and then blamed Iceman.
    Plz just stop, while you already make yourself look like a dumbass with your broken english. Judging by your post im guessing Twostars butthurt you in the past, leave it in the past its over and done with.

Your right though, many people do know twostars, and many people have seen all the help he's provided to "Devs" (I use that term loosely because most are fake) in the past. What you fail to mention is how NOBODY knows who the fuck you are, so for you to come in talking about how people don't know this or that, while you stay hidden under a false name to stay "Secretive", or you really just are no one of importance, seems kind of ironic to me.

PS: None of yall really know anything about international/national laws, theres loopholes between everything, and unless a private server is making 3million+ taking money from a company like blizzard, then there is really nothing to worry about in the private world of KO.

EDIT: An apology to aristona for all this topic hijacking going on, if worse comes to worse have a mod delete it, or pm me and I will delete my post, you were a great owner in your time but servers are upgrading you should take a glance at my first post, much respect.
    Last edited by T_rey; 10-04-2010 at 08:03 PM.

GanAinm

more than a obvious reply from a twostar's puppet, i just said my opinion about it and what i think about twostar's double face, the past is always conected with the present, a thief always gonna be a thief no matter how many time has been past

pd: i really don't care if you want to keep licking twostar's dick

Quote Originally Posted by GanAinm View Post
    more than a obvious reply from a twostar's puppet, i just said my opinion about it and what i think about twostar's double face, the past is always conected with the present, a thief always gonna be a thief no matter how many time has been past

pd: i really don't care if you want to keep licking twostar's dick
    "More than an obvious reply coming from someone with such little common sense as yourself."

Ignorance, you have still yet to say who you were to come into a forum like this a slander someone like twostars (To know something about law you don't seem to know slandering a persons name without any physical proof of anything is breaking it).

You also obviously don't know me as well, I don't suck dick I get it wet from people just like you daily on my nuts, because even though it might look like I'm trying to defend two, in all honesty he can do it himself, unlike you he can form a coherent argument. In reality I'm here defending the server I plan to spend my time on, so it really benefits me making people like you look like an idiot, because I don't want people like you (Again who is not known by a soul) making up nonsense to make people leave before the best server has even been released. I wanna play a good populated server, and if that takes me bashing on little dingleberries like you and sticking up for the people in charge, then so be it, go crawl back to whatever cave you came out of and leave shit like this to people who know what they are doing.
    Last edited by T_rey; 10-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.

GanAinm

Why don't you ask to twostar's dick if you don't believe i am saying the true here?, i am just want to prevent the people like you that plan to spend all the time on this server when one of their owners has a darkness past

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-25-2022, 12:18 AM
  2. Hits: 2
    08-18-2012, 05:51 AM
  3. Hits: 5
    06-12-2012, 07:16 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  5. Hits: 3
    12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
  6. Hits: 1