Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 322

[New Release] Knight Imperia, a farm server.

This is a discussion on [New Release] Knight Imperia, a farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by GanAinm Why don't you ask to twostar's dick if you don't believe i am saying the true ...
Page: 21


  1. #301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GanAinm View Post
    Why don't you ask to twostar's dick if you don't believe i am saying the true here?, i am just want to prevent the people like you that plan to spend all the time on this server when one of their owners has a darkness past
    hmm u have a pretty big obsession with 2stars dick huh

  2. #302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GanAinm View Post
    Why are you guys keep talking about a subject that you don’t even know it well?, first of all K2metwork won’t do any lawsuit to any private server around, so if you private server owners get an email from them simply ignore it
    The more I read from you, the more I keep asking myself that same question.

    Obviously K2 Network/GamersFirst aren't going to do anything to old servers, because you're correct - they're buggy, and well, they're old. They're no competition to them whatsoever. But moreover, they have no right, because again - it's mgame's rights being violated, not GamersFirst's.

    Quote Originally Posted by GanAinm View Post
    Twostar who told you if you create a new client version from ko you won’t go against the copy rights laws? That is bullshit, better no create a romantic illusion for your community, don’t lie to them, don’t waste your time re-creating a client, if I say convincingly this is due I have knowledge from international laws about it, if you get an email from k2 just ignore it, because if they want to shut down your server they will simply do.
    I did, funnily enough - the world isn't all leeching. Provided their intellectual property [or anything that resembles it - a rewritten client with subtle changes will not resemble it] isn't being stolen, we're in the clear. Their code, my code. Two very different things. One's theirs, one's mine.

    Many people know you around twostar and the knowledge you have about ko structure and programming, but also there are many people that don’t even know who you really are, stop being such as pedant and so stop brag yourself for something that you didn’t release yet, because you are not the pope’s son
    I never "brag" about anything I haven't finished yet, or haven't a clear idea of how I'm finishing, so please clarify what you're so butthurt over?

    I respect your knowledge and I know you are a developer, but In my personal opinion I never play your server since you betrayed to iceman
    I wouldn’t trust in you, guys if you don’t believe just ask to iceman3000 (raffi), he is snoxd member and he made together with twostar hotchocolateko then titanko and twostar shuted down his own server and then blamed Iceman
    I have NEVER, EVER betrayed IceMan. EVER. I, unlike some other certain 'developers', respect his work. I am extremely offended to even hear of this notion!

    You're correct up until the TitanKO bit; we did NOT make "TitanKO", this is where IceMan handed everything over to some other people (without my prior knowledge), who promptly took over the entire server (as IceMan was unable to due to more RL concerns), leaving me pretty much out in the dark. If anyone was betrayed here, it was me. They changed the server, and I started from where we left off with "KO Crusade", which after a while received a poorly constructed DMCA notice (originating from one of the TitanKO staff, but not IceMan -- who wasn't even really part of TitanKO, more infrequent advisor) which, due to certain reasons I was forced to comply with. I never, EVER blamed him. EVER. It was only until TitanKO's re-opening (2 years later) that I even pointed the blame directly towards them; prior to that, I just left it be.

    I've talked to IceMan quite a few times since 2008, and as far as I know, there's nothing between us. So please, follow your own advice.

    Why are you guys keep talking about a subject that you don’t even know it well?
    Last edited by twostars; 10-04-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Whoops, typo.

  3. #303
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Your arrogance seems it will be your final. the fish dies by its mouth the best servers that had been perseusko lostsoul and others do not get arrogant to say that Empire is the best server there so far is that by that time .you game mario bros insurance or other ·$%&/() to make you so arrogant now

  4. #304
    Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chancholoco View Post
    Your arrogance seems it will be your final. the fish dies by its mouth the best servers that had been perseusko lostsoul and others do not get arrogant to say that Empire is the best server there so far is that by that time .you game mario bros insurance or other ·$%&/() to make you so arrogant now
    0o
    translator much?
    I loved this sentence tho :"the fish dies by its mouth the best servers that had been perseusko lostsoul and other"
    the fish dies?

  5. #305
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Wrote a wall of text and deleted them all, just because it's not worth to discuss things with people who already believes what's in their mind.

    Replacing the codes doesn't mean it's all yours. Not to mention your server has a copyrighted name called "ND Knight Online" but whatever, I am out of this discussion, you guys clearly have no idea how laws work. Is it your code Twostars? If so, do you hold the copyright/license/trademark of it? Prove me that code belongs to you or your company. You can't. How can I be sure it's not downloaded from a random lolforum? (I know you wrote it but lawyers will ask for a proof.) Without it, if you want write million lines of code, it won't mean anything at all. It's just the server files you code. There is no way you can edit the client/database. (if you are really going to waste your months editing everything, just code your own mmorpg and sell it's license world-wide, if not, get copyrights/trademark of it and host on your own worldwide - legally.) A person in your class can do it, but really, don't tell me you are going to make your own client, that makes no sense. You will still use some parts of MGames work (e.g maps, icons, animations, effects, skins) meaning there won't be any difference at all.

    @ooTrickyoo; Yes, everyone, let's close our servers because Tricky wants that. Come on dude, wake up from your dreams for a while. Not only Twostars puts effort in their servers, Knight Imperia is a result of 2-years of work. You don't even know what you are going to face when the server goes up. Perhabs K2/MGames (Yes, K2 too!) didn't wanted to mess with random lolservers, but noone can guarantee K2 Network won't mess with a server which is clearly way better than them. It is not just aggrement-mail, you will also get an official notification letter into your postbox saying they want to deal with you without letting laws do it. (That's what dictionary told me, I cannot translate it myself)

    Just let Twostars to open his server. Advertise it, play there, but calling every other server as bullshit before NDKO even releases it's beta is just kiddish. For sure everyone knows how great Twostars at coding, but KO community is so small and usually gets together like this.

    My friend starts at KI -> My friend's friends starts at KI because their friend is here -> ... -> Loop.

    Anyway, it's really enough discussion in our topic, but if you want to continue, I happily can. Just, make a new topic and tell a moderator to move these posts. If it continues, I will keep quote from this thread and reply on NDKO's thread.

  6. #306
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    you guys clearly have no idea how laws work.
    So says the turk. Ironic that.

    Is it your code Twostars? If so, do you hold the copyright/license/trademark of it? Prove me that code belongs to you or your company. You can't. How can I be sure it's not downloaded from a random lolforum?
    Technically, they don't need to - as long as it's not mgame's code, who the hell cares unless the "real owner" sues me (which obviously won't happen as that would be myself, though my other personality seems to disagree with me).

    There is no way you can edit the client/database.
    That's strange. For one, our (emulator) database looks nothing like mgame's. Even spawns work completely differently; it's never going to be exactly like mgame's, mobs won't technically ever be in the 'same' spots, nor wander in exactly the same way. As for the client, meh. Who really cares. Sick of this legal discussion; we both know them and they're really not going to care either way. Given the chance I'd gladly teach them how to do things better, because USKO is an absolute mess. I'd win either way, if that were to happen.

    (if you are really going to waste your months editing everything, just code your own mmorpg and sell it's license world-wide, if not, get copyrights/trademark of it and host on your own worldwide - legally.) A person in your class can do it, but really, don't tell me you are going to make your own client, that makes no sense.
    Funnily enough, my other on & off project is just that. I kick-started the emulator project back into 'full-time' development to both demonstrate what a real server's like (and what can really be done with the game, cheating-wise and content-wise) and to experiment with some ideas I'll be incorporating into my own. Everything dies, you are most certainly correct; whether that's in 1 year, or 10 years I'll still be happy - the experience gained from running/maintaining the server (and everything that comes along) will truly be of much help to other projects in the present & future.

    You will still use some parts of MGames work (e.g maps, icons, animations, effects, skins) meaning there won't be any difference at all.
    I do believe I already stated that, if you'd actually bother to read my posts at all instead of being all "blah blah blah - you're wrong - blah blah blah - you don't know how things work - blah blah blah". I, for one, never said I was a lawyer. By all accounts neither are you. If you were, you'd be a terrible one. Trying to rip off Facebook like that... nice job by the way. Abandoned KI because you were better than everyone, failed at being better, and came right back. How2phpgoodsir?

    Anyway, it's really enough discussion in our topic, but if you want to continue, I happily can. Just, make a new topic and tell a moderator to move these posts. If it continues, I will keep quote from this thread and reply on NDKO's thread.
    It'd be a godsend if moderators here actually moderated. These threads are always so full of these terribly poor arguments. Take NDKO's thread's last few pages for example, or KI's. Wait... *looks through all the threads*. Hmm.

  7. #307
    =_=" Senior Member soenne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Panama City
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I'am out of this discussion, you guys clearly have no idea how laws work.
    Truth been told, nobody knows how law works.

    GamersFirst = American law
    You aristona = Turkish law

    See already how it's diffrent? I mean, I'm far from an expert as I only have few hours per week law at my university, but I mean you guys are discussing things which are different from country to country. Seems pretty pointless, however both of you make valid points.
    Last edited by soenne; 10-05-2010 at 04:47 AM.

  8. #308
    Senior Member NatGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    GamersFirst = American law
    You aristona = Turkish law
    twostars = Australian law (hope im not mistaken, and you're from Australia^^)
    This. Also as stated above SexyKO was the closest to usko, still nothing happened to them... K2 are a bunch of brainless monkeys, MGame, well im not sure they know about all these "western" private servers at all (since they are Asians...)
    Last edited by NatGeo; 10-05-2010 at 08:26 AM.

  9. #309
    Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post
    This. Also as stated above SexyKO was the closest to usko, still nothing happened to them... K2 are a bounch of brainless monkeys, MGame, well im not sure they know about all these "western" private servers at all (since they are Asians...)
    Mgames prolly have enough of asian PS'es to worry about.

  10. #310
    Senior Member NatGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    Mgames prolly have enough of asian PS'es to worry about.
    Exactly.
    10char

  11. #311
    To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chapterhouse
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    I might be mistaken, but i vaguely remember felix telling smth that mgames doesnt rly have the right to do anything if the server is on EU soil.


    Also, years and years ago, when i was still playing in diez. Mgames dealt with few servers in japan. It was the time when warriors ran around with dual hanguks (or however its spelled) and no other classes rly worked. Eslant pvp ftw! So it was in pretty early stage of ko private servers. Havent rly heard anything since. I can ask around tho, i still have loads of japs and korans from japKO times in my msn.

  12. #312
    =_=" Senior Member soenne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Panama City
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    I might be mistaken, but i vaguely remember felix telling smth that mgames doesnt rly have the right to do anything if the server is on EU soil.
    Well thing is, if you want to sue someone, it always must happen where the person is located. Hence that what makes law so hard when its not in the same country.

    That being said, if they want to put alot of money on it, they can take you to court. It's just, why should they bother for server with 100 people on? Not worth it costwise.

    Anyways If you're somewhat smart, you move your server to Jersey for one. No way they'll come after you there lol

  13. #313
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    So says the turk. Ironic that.


    Technically, they don't need to - as long as it's not mgame's code, who the hell cares unless the "real owner" sues me (which obviously won't happen as that would be myself, though my other personality seems to disagree with me).


    That's strange. For one, our (emulator) database looks nothing like mgame's. Even spawns work completely differently; it's never going to be exactly like mgame's, mobs won't technically ever be in the 'same' spots, nor wander in exactly the same way. As for the client, meh. Who really cares. Sick of this legal discussion; we both know them and they're really not going to care either way. Given the chance I'd gladly teach them how to do things better, because USKO is an absolute mess. I'd win either way, if that were to happen.


    Funnily enough, my other on & off project is just that. I kick-started the emulator project back into 'full-time' development to both demonstrate what a real server's like (and what can really be done with the game, cheating-wise and content-wise) and to experiment with some ideas I'll be incorporating into my own. Everything dies, you are most certainly correct; whether that's in 1 year, or 10 years I'll still be happy - the experience gained from running/maintaining the server (and everything that comes along) will truly be of much help to other projects in the present & future.


    I do believe I already stated that, if you'd actually bother to read my posts at all instead of being all "blah blah blah - you're wrong - blah blah blah - you don't know how things work - blah blah blah". I, for one, never said I was a lawyer. By all accounts neither are you. If you were, you'd be a terrible one. Trying to rip off Facebook like that... nice job by the way. Abandoned KI because you were better than everyone, failed at being better, and came right back. How2phpgoodsir?
    Here comes another "turk" reply. Even thought I never said anything bad about you, you came up this topic blaming at me. It's just funny.

    If you really think yourself like godlike on coding (teaching MGames how to code, not to mention probably these KO's coders became grandpa's already, and had no idea about exploit possibilities while coding because KO is one of the first 3d mmorpgs.) you are definitely wrong. You can be a good developer/coder in this little KO community, but believe me you are just a random developer. Everyone can be at your class by 3-4 years of studying. (Assuming you master the language between 6 to 12 months)

    Yes, I am sick of this legal discussion either. You don't need to worry because as far as I know you are not even 18, so you would be judged in Kid's Court, or did you turn 18 yet? Your second personality I believe, the female personality you kept telling people in the past?

    As for your thoughs about KI and how I am sucking in PHP;

    You just replied this for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Abandoned KI because you were better than everyone, failed at being better, and came right back. How2phpgoodsir?
    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Everything dies, you are most certainly correct; whether that's in 1 year, or 10 years I'll still be happy - the experience gained from running/maintaining the server (and everything that comes along) will truly be of much help to other projects in the present & future.
    That's the main reason I am hosting KI, but thankfully you saved me literally 30 seconds of typing by replying it yourself.

    A year ago I had no idea about web exploits, security, sql, php, assembly, c++/c#, css, html, javascript, ajax, jquery etc. now I am improving myself. Even hacked Euko and few more private servers with SQL injection but never touched anything. (Probably there are even more known ones but I forgot their names tbh.) I believe it's a good improvement for me already.

    For sure since KI panel doesn't belong to me, I cannot do what I want, I will need to replace your codes with better ones. For example language system in your panel, simply sucks. Also unlike you, I just make temporary codes. As for example, instead of coding a real randomised command, I just use rand(). Instead of getting item list from the database, moving it into an array and messing with it; I just add a small list of the items I want and give them a rate. Instead of making a real captcha, I can just randomise few numbers and post it on randomised pictures. I am not planning on selling this panel like you, so noone except me would need to understand how I code, if I ever coded a panel, even the page ordering in navigation bar would be adjustable/saveable by the visitor, because I like perfection. I try to code like Facebook, because they are one of the user-friendly websites around with great ideas. (for example facebook bottom bar was a brilliant idea I am in love about.) You can see similar bars on other websites too. I have also other websites I really like. Adobe.com, old OpenDns.com website etc. When I browse a website, I usually check how their source codes and try to find their mistakes. (e.g I really hate when images can be selectable when you hold left click, when a navigation bar works slow [they should be opening instantly] and such.) Before Facebook, most of the web developers didn't knew what was Ajax/jQuery, but websites are imroving themself with Ajax support day by day. Latest examples are, RapidShare.com and Paypal checkout page. Don't tell me they are Facebook copies, just because Rapidshare uploader looks like Facebook bar.

    I don't know what you are calling as Facebook rip. My old panel project or the facebook bar in KI website? My panel was mainly for learning Ajax/Javascript, it was my first personal panel and none of the codes were taken from Facebook. (Unlike your panel, I didn't stole anything from K2/MGames) It was there for learning, not using or releasing, like a random paper you draw things. As for the Facebook bar in KI panel, prove me it is copyrighted by Facebook (or codes belongs to them) I will gladly remove it from my panel right now.

    After all, I am still a student in development and still learning. You already imroved yourself alot and if your birthday is correct, your future is bright, which is good for you, but your egonistic replies are usually annoying. (Probably you will read the last words again and keep blaming, but whatever, it's not a problem for me, I won't even hear from you or even remember you after a year anyway.)

    I am not a lawyer, but I know how the laws work. You will not be able to defend yourself like "I coded it myself." Think it like this. There is an issue and lawyer needs to prove that notebook belongs to you. If lawyer (the one makes decisions) wants you to prove it, then then will usually scan for your fingerprints, get the age of texts in criminal labaratories, find the pencil and scan it too, etc etc. They won't give you a paper and tell you "Write something here, we want to check your writing style." Understood? Notebook is just an example. If MGames ever sue you;

    1. Firstly you will be checked if you are a company and have a right to host a server like this. Since you are not a company, it's already a lose for you.
    2. Everything will be checked if they can find anything related to K2 Network/MGames depending on the claimant. (If MGames gave permission to K2 Network [Because usually hosters ask for more guarantee in their license aggrement, not just hey take this $1m usd and gift me the files, kkthxbb.)] They usually have rules in every situation. Like "If there is a problem appears ingame by MGames' fault, such as server being unstable, botting being problem; a. MGames will has to fix it in maximum 3 work-days, if not; b. xx amount of the payments will be refunded; c. blah blah... Did you understand more clearly now? Usually hosters are also asking for law rights. I am telling you I know about it because my friends were in South Korea to buy a localised mmorpg for Turkey and they didn't buy it because the rules in aggrement wasn't pleasuring. Do you really think K2 Network accepts losing money when dupe appears ingame? Do you think it's all that easy, just a sign on the contract?
    3. Probably your PayPal transacctions, Bank accounts will be checked and you will be asked how did you earn these money, or why did you kept getting donations. What will be your reply on this case?
    4. Everything related to your server (Server files, Client, Panel, Database), company name (ND Knight Online) will be checked. If I was a "bad lawyer", I would even check your past history in internet within the name of Twostars and prove how you helped "private servers" by releasing patches in Snoxd and how you literally costed money to K2 Network by saving/helping private servers with each patch and would ask for an extra punishment. (They can, it is like getting the gun to the murderer and he kills someone.) Understood again?
    4. Alot more but I will just give up here. Probably %80 of this post won't be readed anyway.

    Lastly, I know the text above is bullshit. We both know how K2 Network or MGames cares about freaking private servers with like 50-300 online. Not only MGames, there are servers with like 20000 online, and still game markers are not doing anything, but we should accept the fact, if they want to do something, they can, and your "first self-coded ebenezer evah with lutza functons!11!" won't mean anything at all, because of the reasons I posted above. That is why I am telling you, if you are going to spent time on such a big project, do it legally. Not Knight Online, but a self-coded game similar to Knight Online would be legal, you can release it worldwide (meaning you can even get 1m+ users and be a big gaming company.) you would kill every KO private server around and prove how a good programmer you are. I am not saying these because I am worrying about NDKO, I don't even care about it, maybe I will even be a player there. I am just saying these because you guys have the potential, and in my opinion, you are only wasting your years with private servers.

    Anyway, that's all. No offense to anyone.
    Gotta go now, market is going to be closed.

  14. #314
    []D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    PS: None of yall really know anything about international/national laws, theres loopholes between everything, and unless a private server is making 3million+ taking money from a company like blizzard, then there is really nothing to worry about in the private world of KO.
    Enough with the ill advised legal discussion, stop trying to prove your intelligence, or lack of, by bringing up things that really have no meaning in the grand scheme of things.


    Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    @ooTrickyoo; Yes, everyone, let's close our servers because Tricky wants that. Come on dude, wake up from your dreams for a while. Not only Twostars puts effort in their servers, Knight Imperia is a result of 2-years of work. You don't even know what you are going to face when the server goes up. Perhabs K2/MGames (Yes, K2 too!) didn't wanted to mess with random lolservers, but noone can guarantee K2 Network won't mess with a server which is clearly way better than them. It is not just aggrement-mail, you will also get an official notification letter into your postbox saying they want to deal with you without letting laws do it. (That's what dictionary told me, I cannot translate it myself)
    First off I dont dream, if you know anything about me then you'd know I've been with private servers of KO longer then any current player. I know how a server is going to go before it gets released, why? because I have seen what types of servers make it and what types of servers fail. If I remember correctly, you quit KIKO in hopes KRKO would be something special like most people right? You were spending all your time playing there like a normal person. Well from what I also remember I never set foot in KRKO, because I told people it would fail, I told them if it would wipe it would just go down the private server wipe cycle, and be a continuous onslaught of nothing but disappointments. However nobody believed me because like you, they would tell me to stop dreaming (However after about the 2nd wipe it was fun to get pm's telling me how right I was). Then I even told people KIKO was gonna be a waste of time, because its nothing but a stable KRKO, and look what happens, after one week most of your turks are banned because you can't stop cheating, and the half of the rest of your server leaves because of your stupid PUS.

    Knight Imperia isn't a result of 2 years of hard work, its more of a result as a fall back because other servers failed so people could flock there because they know you can put up a stable server, unlike KRKO which after it failed so many times why not put up KIKO? Its just good business and a lot of people think of you as money hungry anyway. So yea Im gonna keep dreaming and tell all of you DEVS (Who would take the time to play such a shitty server as KRKO, yet bash on a server such as NDKO) to come play NDKO because your server is going to do nothing but steadily die, hang on to the life rope all you want but its inevitable. However I can 90% gaurentee NDKO will be the best private server made up to its time, and if you miss out on it, its either because your trying to prove your better then you actually are, or your trying to be a rebel and prove people like me wrong. Either way you are going to fail, and I will be happy to watch, even though I'd be happier if you put down your mighty "OO twostars isn't the best, I can make just as good as server because I put in hard work" and just came and tried it out.

    PS: I don't hang on NDKO's dick all the time, on their own forums I'll bitch at the admins because I don't wanna see anything in NDKO that could make it fail. So far they are doing a great job with everything they do.
    Last edited by T_rey; 10-05-2010 at 12:35 PM.

  15. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Yes, I am sick of this legal discussion either. You don't need to worry because as far as I know you are not even 18, so you would be judged in Kid's Court, or did you turn 18 yet?
    I'm staying out of the legal discussion, for the reasons I said before. You really should too, because you don't know crap about legal issues as much as you'd like to prove you do. If you cared so much, you'd firstly quit using that template and use your own. You'd avoid any income (if you ever could, how much have you made so far? Last I hear it was $20,000... but that was months ago), and host in a location where digital copyright laws don't apply (and ensure they have nothing they can use to identify you in your own country). As I see it, pretty much none of that is true for you, so quit trying to give me 'advice' and start doing yourself.

    I'm also 19, thank you very much. But hey, I'll take that one as a compliment. *shrug*

    I don't know what you are calling as Facebook rip. My old panel project or the facebook bar in KI website? My panel was mainly for learning Ajax/Javascript, it was my first personal panel and none of the codes were taken from Facebook. (Unlike your panel, I didn't stole anything from K2/MGames) It was there for learning, not using or releasing, like a random paper you draw things. As for the Facebook bar in KI panel, prove me it is copyrighted by Facebook (or codes belongs to them) I will gladly remove it from my panel right now.
    No, where you went all "I'm better than you all, I'm going to write a social networking website." *copypasta Facebook template*
    *fill in random code using inline HTML to try and copy it*
    *confused why your order of operation just isn't working*

    I'm referring to that, or have you mentally blocked that whole thing? Or did you make that 'your panel'? Either way, it was hilarious.

    (Unlike your panel, I didn't stole anything from K2/MGames)
    The only thing used from K2 Network/mgame was the template, and I expected users to change it as they liked. Some servers did. You, being the leeching type, obviously didn't. To that end, you're kind've the one responsible there.

    That's the main reason I am hosting KI, but thankfully you saved me literally 30 seconds of typing by replying it yourself.
    Hopefully you got something worthwhile out of it, because I'd never go into a project without any prior knowledge of how anything works. That's the difference between KI and NDKO.

    For sure since KI panel doesn't belong to me, I cannot do what I want, I will need to replace your codes with better ones. For example language system in your panel, simply sucks.
    Oh goodness, you're finding it hard to provide relevant factual arguments again so you're resorting to insulting anything at all. You know as well as I the reasons for the above. But hey, if you want to spend time on it yourself, by all means. Do it. So long as you're using it I couldn't give a damn.

    Also unlike you, I just make temporary codes. As for example, instead of coding a real randomised command, I just use rand().
    'Temporary codes'? 'Real randomised command'? You're really starting to lose me. Perhaps you should use more of your study time to actually study.
    Firstly, the term is not 'command' in this instance, it's function, or if it's a member of a class, method. The only real, as you put it, randomised PHP functions are via the use of rand()/mt_rand(), and that's exactly how I generate random numbers. Don't try to create non-existant issues to make yourself feel superior, because you're just sounding very desperate now...

    Instead of getting item list from the database, moving it into an array and messing with it; I just add a small list of the items I want and give them a rate.
    Again, what? In terms of my panel I pull up only the items I need from the database, at once, and shift them into a OOP array. Unless you're referring to the data itself, which is all retrieved in an array regardless of how you're going to prettify it. I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with the 'I just add a small list of the items I want and give them a rate' crap. Can we at least have some context? It makes no sense otherwise...

    Instead of making a real captcha, I can just randomise few numbers and post it on randomised pictures.
    ... AGAIN. WHAT? That is a real captcha, at least by definition. It isn't overly effective against bots anymore though... reCAPTCHA is a better idea.

    I am not planning on selling this panel like you, so noone except me would need to understand how I code, if I ever coded a panel, even the page ordering in navigation bar would be adjustable/saveable by the visitor, because I like perfection.
    As a point of fact, I never was planning on selling it. It was to be used on si's server, but that obviously never happened. As is, someone requested a panel, that was somewhat in the works, so I quickly 'finished it off' and voila. A secure panel. The ONLY secure panel out there besides BlaDe's, which isn't released. You haven't been hacked via it, so quit complaining. If you want to complain, write your own and use it. Then you can validly point out the flaws in the project that initially took me about a day to whip up, but has served people extremely well in the long run.

    If you really think yourself like godlike on coding (teaching MGames how to code, not to mention probably these KO's coders became grandpa's already, and had no idea about exploit possibilities while coding because KO is one of the first 3d mmorpgs.) you are definitely wrong. You can be a good developer/coder in this little KO community, but believe me you are just a random developer. Everyone can be at your class by 3-4 years of studying. (Assuming you master the language between 6 to 12 months)
    Seriously? We're going to dance this dance?

    You cannot defend them, not in any single freaking way. Their code is TERRIBLE. Their systems are terrible. Being one of the first '3D MMORPGs' gives you no excuse for things like this, especially considering we're not even taking into account their client's game engine (as such, they're not one of the first MMORPGs, and they're idiots).

    It's been EIGHT years. EIGHT. They still haven't gotten anything right. That's over double the time you gave 'my class' to study. Who in their right mind would write a skill system and not even bother to take mana from skills, only to do that client-side? Who would write an attack system whereby most of the attack logic remains client-side, and do nothing in the way of verifying any of it server-side? I really could go on for a bit, but I'm going to refrain from it. I know the answer to my questions however; apparently, you would.

    Your own logic is against you with this one. They're a freaking company. They're expected to do this crap right. I'm not, yet I am. I never said I was a 'godlike coder', because I'm not. I do, however know how to design crap correctly, and if that makes me 'godlike' in your eyes, so be it.. but that title you gave to me all by yourself.

    @Tricky: Don't bother. Really. Advertise NDKO in NDKO's thread. I was merely wondering why he was trying to bash other servers with biased false facts (or what he refers to as 'objective statements') in his thread.
    @Aristona: If there's something absolutely wrong with our server, post it in our thread where we can respond properly. Don't bash it here in the hopes that people will ignore another server, because you of all people implied it - that's just childish.

    On that note, since you seem to just be pulling your 'facts' out of nowhere, this little discussion is going nowhere.. so this shall be my last post on the matter.
    Last edited by twostars; 10-05-2010 at 01:13 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 2
    08-18-2012, 05:51 AM
  2. Hits: 4
    06-12-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    10-31-2011, 05:03 AM
  6. Hits: 4
    10-21-2010, 12:59 PM
  7. Hits: 1
    10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
  8. Hits: 1
    10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
  9. Hits: 1
    10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
  10. Hits: 2
    10-05-2010, 06:50 AM
  11. Hits: 1
    10-02-2010, 12:46 PM
  12. Hits: 1
    09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
  13. Hits: 2
    09-29-2010, 07:59 AM
  14. Hits: 2
    09-28-2010, 02:57 PM
  15. Hits: 1
    09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
  16. Hits: 1
    09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
  17. Hits: 7
    09-25-2010, 08:12 AM
  18. Hits: 1
    09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
  19. Hits: 1
    09-23-2010, 08:53 AM
  20. Hits: 2
    09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
  21. Hits: 2
    09-20-2010, 07:46 AM
  22. Hits: 1
    09-17-2010, 05:59 PM
  23. Hits: 1
    09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
  24. Hits: 1
    09-17-2010, 02:37 PM
  25. Hits: 1
    09-17-2010, 12:23 PM
  26. Hits: 1
    09-17-2010, 04:35 AM
  27. Hits: 2
    09-16-2010, 08:27 PM
  28. Hits: 1
    09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
  29. Hits: 1
    09-16-2010, 09:52 AM
  30. Hits: 17
    09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
  31. Hits: 2
    09-10-2010, 09:25 AM
  32. Hits: 32
    09-09-2010, 08:07 AM
  33. Hits: 17
    09-09-2010, 06:19 AM
  34. Hits: 1
    09-09-2010, 03:53 AM
  35. Hits: 2
    09-09-2010, 02:28 AM
  36. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
  37. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
  38. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
  39. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
  40. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
  41. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
  42. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 06:38 AM
  43. Hits: 1
    09-08-2010, 06:04 AM
  44. Hits: 1
    09-05-2010, 08:41 AM
  45. Hits: 1
    09-05-2010, 06:11 AM
  46. Hits: 1
    09-04-2010, 12:18 PM
  47. Hits: 1
    09-04-2010, 06:42 AM
  48. Hits: 1
    09-03-2010, 09:13 AM
  49. Hits: 1
    09-03-2010, 06:15 AM
  50. Hits: 2
    09-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •