Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Oh sorry Aristona this isn't your server where it's gonna go down 3 times and back up in a couple ...
Page: 19

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Oh sorry Aristona this isn't your server where it's gonna go down 3 times and back up in a couple months... I'm pretty sure your not half the dev twostars is...

He's not a greedy faggot who wants all of the money for himself... like somebody *cough*..
    All of the things you have stated in this topic are assumptions...

Why do you feel the need to post in this topic? because he doesn't want to run a community like you did yours and fail 3 times? I think somebody's just jealous. Of course your going to come back with a long paragraph telling me how stupid I am but I really don't care about your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Let's be clear about something. I don't want the money. Never have, never did. Yes - I needed the additional money at some point, don't we all. That doesn't make us greedy or any such. Since we keep referring back to KI, the question becomes - why didn't you just refund your donators? So you got your account locked, it'll get unlocked eventually. Have you refunded them yet? In my case, I WOULD refund all recent donations. Money's great and all, but people can live without it. Sure, maybe just the bare essentials, but it's better off than being rich and in most cases uncaring (as the stereotype goes).
    Neither do I. I am interested in the development because I want the knowledge, not the money. I wanted to be a developer since I am 3, luckily won the computer development section in an university. I always wanted to code these Atari games myself. Getting better and better day by day. Knowledge is something you cannot buy with money, but money is something you can earn with knowledge. I am actually happy about myself. A year ago I had no idea about internet threats (e.g sql injection) and kept asking about it to people. Right now I can even bypass people's security to prove they are not secure, hell, I can even tell you the mistakes you did on your panel (Or well, it's the style you code, perhabs.) or how things could be improved. Probably you know about them either.

Indeed, I would refund everyone, I have a name on KO community and I wouldn't want it to be ruined just for few bucks. I wanted to refund people, however, the situation is different so stop calling me as a scammer. Some turkish guys sold a character, then they donated the money for KI. The character buyer chargebacked his money, therefore our money was chargebacked automatically. Since they donated like 60 times, PayPal blocked our account suddenly, making us cannot even insert money into account, and started to investigate. I cannot refund anybody's money, because there is no such option, nor anything I can do except seeing a wall of text once I login. We phoned PayPal couple of times, however they keep saying our account is still under investigation, and it will rougly be unblocked at May. (After 180 days of the payments made.) %80 of the donators chargebacked their money anyway. (Glad to see that, because I feel less guilty.) Please, enlight me with your knowledge, what can I do if PayPal gives me no options? What would you do if you were in my situation?

You use a nice strategy on your replies. Find your enemies weak point and keep striking it. (In this case like how you keep calling me as scammer, I believe you will skip the "enlight me" part once again.)

None of the text you write are actually replies for me. The replies I make are constructive feedback, literally giving you some information about the possible problems you may face in the future, and telling you to have plans about it. Also asking as a potential player in your server, what kind of plans you made. For sure, if they has to be kept secret, you could tell, but calling these comments as destructive criticism doesn't make sense to me, since they are not. These are my feedbacks, with plently of others.

@ilovemyko1; For sure KI 3 wasn't the greatest server, but so far, most of the people who played in KI 2 still tells me it was a great server and they enjoyed it. It's your opinion, I respect it, however understand that, this topic is not about the success of KI so stop bringing it up.

As for the other lines in your comment, read my reply to Twostars, it will enlight you also.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Why does everyone post such a long posts?
    It's way to much!!!! xD I can't read it to much words xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    hell, I can even tell you the mistakes you did on your panel (Or well, it's the style you code, perhabs.) or how things could be improved. Probably you know about them either.
    Indeed. That old thing was written up within a day or so, rushed it immensely because someone requested it (and it was sitting there unfinished). Happy to say NDKO's took a little over a week, but it's well worth it. On average requests are about 120 times faster, which is half to do with the implemented result set caching (and the removal of the template bit caching [causing insane file i/o] and in general the entire template 'system', if one could even call it that). I kept much of the original script layout, just expanded on it to be a lot more versatile (I can redirect our requests to another handler from within a handler now, something I make use of with my exception handler - which, is another change. I use exceptions for a LOT of my general error handling now [not the small stuff of course, but I throw an exception on every occasion that the user does not need to see anything specific - if a handler could not be found, or a query completely broke... or some such]). Scrapped the entire concept of that template system; I added some primitive internal template logic, though I don't make use of it - debugging shows that it's slower than straight PHP code. As I'm the main developer, I don't really need anything more simplified in the way of templates so I found it was a good trade-off. Eh, rant, but anyway.

Indeed, I would refund everyone, I have a name on KO community and I wouldn't want it to be ruined just for few bucks. I wanted to refund people, however, the situation is different so stop calling me as a scammer. Some turkish guys sold a character, then they donated the money for KI. The character buyer chargebacked his money, therefore our money was chargebacked automatically. Since they donated like 60 times, PayPal blocked our account suddenly, making us cannot even insert money into account, and started to investigate. I cannot refund anybody's money, because there is no such option, nor anything I can do except seeing a wall of text once I login. We phoned PayPal couple of times, however they keep saying our account is still under investigation, and it will rougly be unblocked at May. (After 180 days of the payments made.) %80 of the donators chargebacked their money anyway. (Glad to see that, because I feel less guilty.) Please, enlight me with your knowledge, what can I do if PayPal gives me no options? What would you do if you were in my situation?
    I have no lights to en, I'm afraid. If I did I'd shine one down on you and make your english dictionary a little clearer.

You use a nice strategy on your replies. Find your enemies weak point and keep striking it. (In this case like how you keep calling me as scammer, I believe you will skip the "enlight me" part once again.)
    Glad you like it. I learn from the best.

None of the text you write are actually replies for me. The replies I make are constructive feedback, literally giving you some information about the possible problems you may face in the future, and telling you to have plans about it. Also asking as a potential player in your server, what kind of plans you made. For sure, if they has to be kept secret, you could tell, but calling these comments as destructive criticism doesn't make sense to me, since they are not. These are my feedbacks, with plently of others.
    I fail to see how a lot of it's actually constructive feedback; if it were, you wouldn't be posting. Constructive feedback's just not something you do well. Granted, I don't tend to either, but that's beside the point.

@ilovemyko1; For sure KI 3 wasn't the greatest server, but so far, most of the people who played in KI 2 still tells me it was a great server and they enjoyed it. It's your opinion, I respect it, however understand that, this topic is not about the success of KI so stop bringing it up.
    Eh, I don't blame him. That was one of the first things you mentioned - KI. In NDKO's thread. Go figure, real constructive feedback there.

As for the other lines in your comment, read my reply to Twostars, it will enlight you also.
    Oh I'm sure your post will light his en too.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I have no lights to en, I'm afraid. If I did I'd shine one down on you and make your english dictionary a little clearer.
    lol'd

Anyway, before I get more requests in my mailbox to remove flames, I would like to request you two to keep this in PM's - if possible.
    If it's not possible, you know where to find me:
    [ame]http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2729503#post2729503[/ame]

Eum thought u were out and would never come back? Thought I read that in your "goodbye suckas, thx for ur money"post.

Ofc people chargeback when u close the server. I chargebacked aswell after u closed it, I wouldn't have chargebacked if u didn't close it. It was the first time I donated and I hoped to play on this server for a long time, hence I donated quite a bit, like 1/5 of the money I got by selling my diez stuff.

So yea, I and prolly many others felt scammed after u closed the server after 3-4 weeks? Up to now we still don't know where all the money went too? Ye "turks" chargebacked and caused your paypal getting blocked. But on the notice on your website it said that your paypal went negative. How can your paypal go negative if u didn't use the money for something else? I'm like 90% sure there was still enough money that didn't get chargebacked to keep the server running. I know my friends and I and those thief guys donated like 2K usd all together and DIDN'T chargeback untill u closed it down.

The only reason I donated was to play on a nice active server, I didn't donate to play 3 weeks on a server. And heck if u told us you were in financial need, I'm pretty sure I would have helped u out to keep it up longer as I enjoyed playing on it.

Sry for my english, but I hope it's clear.

Sry for highjacking this topic, gl with your server twostars.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 02-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.

peintre

well fk me sideways, this 2stars sound more and more like a guy id like to waste time on/with /under(yes sarcasm)
    anywho
    best of luck with the merger with the ke boys man
    who knows I might pop my fat face in now and then--

simon tjeuh
    are you still gay?
    (call mee!!)

Banned Senior Member

ONE WORD you can try keep your last promises at least <aristona> " you wont hear any news for me".

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I miss writing essay posts too.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I'll help you, DUMB POST! Go ahead and flame me with an essay post if you got the balls, bet you don't!

(There ya go [Didn't actually mean it by the way] )

Quote Originally Posted by CkkJl2 View Post
    I'll help you, DUMB POST! Go ahead and flame me with an essay post if you got the balls, bet you don't!

(There ya go [Didn't actually mean it by the way] )
    /facepalm

/10chared

/pwned

Essay

- The End

KimSanji

my buddy said that one of his friends found some xss exploit in the panel just a few days ago, is that true? iread it up on google just now and you i found out that you can steal cookies, sessions and passwords and stuff
    do you know of it?
    did you fix it? will it get fixed? :S

rename private server section to the gay flaming section O_O.

was playing server last night was pretty fun, takes forever to get rogue shell >.>

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Hey Nik how about you go brag some more about your studies you did in UT or YU, can't remember too much. That would probably keep you busy for a while, no? Or about how you were leading the best Ionia clans for about a month then quit and took an Iron belt?

<3

Quote Originally Posted by CYANEXTIME View Post
    Hey Nik how about you go brag some more about your studies you did in UT or YU, can't remember too much. That would probably keep you busy for a while, no? Or about how you were leading the best Ionia clans for about a month then quit and took an Iron belt?

<3
    As you can clearly tell by my activeness on this forum slash games in general (especially Knight Online which I haven`t touched in who knows how long) can tell you that it`s me + my studies = nerding it up. Anyways Ionia was a bunch of fail people, you included Alex.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM