Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Decerto I already see myself PKin with smash sumtin and chop suey on playlist. (<3 zero ) ...
Page: 24

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    I already see myself PKin with smash sumtin and chop suey on playlist. (<3 zero )
    Amen bro

R4ND0M

Not happening, huh?

The jury's still out on that one.

In the process of moving house (it's been non-stop busy-ness here!) - so I probably won't be on from next Monday possibly until the end of that week (or the start of the next, depending on how quick it takes them to transfer it all over).

When I get a large enough spare moment though.

I have been working on the server itself a little since my last update, but most of the focus I've been able to spare on it is on smaller stuff I wouldn't normally place focus on (i.e. clientside anticheat), which is actually good because it means when we do release, I'll be fully prepared - and not have as many less important to-do projects lingering around.
    Last edited by twostars; 02-21-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar

i never had to wait 6 month's for a server, this better be good twoy!

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Well this will be good
    Even betas pk was awesome
    Even tho it died in few days
    nevertheless we shall see this awesome server rise and PWN

Good things take time.

bump for the only hope i have left in private servers.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindflayer View Post
    bump for the only hope i have left in private servers.
    "The only hope I have left for KO"

lol its funny to watch servers continually going up and down though because of all these KO cyber wars rofl xD.

Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    "The only hope I have left for KO"

lol its funny to watch servers continually going up and down though because of all these KO cyber wars rofl xD.
    private server is a private server no matter if the dev/owner is the biggest bitch around programming, i've learned it by the way , i had my hopes high when twostars posted it , but with all these shit that happened to the server plus that crappy merge + the bunch of egos whores at ndko forums made it worse + the delay time about the emulator.. etc etc ,seriously its not the server, no matter how good is the server ppl alwalys will complain, they'll realize it once they can't do shit and they'll leave the server cus they' can't get a top armors/weapons or a top clan , shit that happens right now in cwest, the unique thing that keeps cwest alive is that its on the "original ko" if you wanna categorize usko with that name (/fail i know) , but mainly these leavers are english ppl ,even turks respects their servers, or they're too fool to leave for the items that they farmed already aka "SLAVES OF KO" , its really really hard to keep your ppl , ppl gets bored after a time on ps's , speacilly on the farm servers one , after ppl getting bored what does ppl do? LEAVE , play another server ,bitch your server , fight per their egos , wasting their life, idk where's the word GAME nowadays , ppl takes too serious the ko, that sometimes fucks their own lifes.

as my wise bola friend said at once

Private-Farm Server always will die cus of lack of people that doesnt give a shit about the work of other neither about the real effort that some1 puts on it , if they can't have gg gear they leave , so "its not usko ,so it doesnt matter cus i wont gain money with a ps".
    ppl just play ko for money nowadays not for fun , that's why Knight Online is dying slowly and slowly , within the days.

- Login, nation selection, character list, character creation, character selection,
    - Player info (name, stats inventory, etc.),
    - Player-to-player interaction (i.e. chat)/movement/towning,
    - Party system,
    - Item system (moving/swapping, deleting),
    - Inn system,
    - Trade system,
    - Merchant system,
    - Friend lists,
    - Regular player/NPC attack logic,
    - Premium system (actual benefits still to be implemented once we've decided on them!),
    - Main skill system logic,
    - Skills type 1 - 5,
    - Skill type 6 (for the most part, just CSW stuff left),
    - Skill type 8,
    - Skills type 7 (NPC related, so I'm holding it off until the AI logic is completed to properly make use of it [i.e. the 'provoke' skill]) & 9 (more or less visibility state changing skills, though it does house the miscellaneous skills also [used moreso in conjunction with other skills]),
    - Use of warp gates,
    - Anvil (item upgrades),
    - Compound accessories,
    - Respawn points,
    - Clan creation, invite requests, clan list, changing a member's power (i.e. making them assist.), capes, clan symbols, etc.,
    - Alliance system (just needs to be finished off, otherwise virtually completed),
    - Rental system (getting it done here and there, rarely used system anyway),
    - King system (structure laid out [update: stubbed out the entire system, need to implement my eventable system before I start]),
    - Game event & (will be included as part of it) war system (also, all the random fiddly events KO has - CSW, FT, BDW, etc.) / eventable system,
    - Expanded on the above to make the overall server faster/more efficient,
    -- Lunar War code's implemented. Haven't had time to run through it yet, but it's there at least.
    -- (Not all) Actual event code has yet to be written, but it's all currently interfaced.
    - Spawning (and permanently erasing/saving in-game) NPCs/mobs,
    - NPC drop system,
    - Main NPC client event triggers (ex. scripted NPCs),
    - NPC shops,
    - Scripting engine,
    - AI movement & waypoints (update: implemented proper pathfinding)
    - AI aggro logic,
    - AI attack calculations (differ slightly to player calculations, so I'll separate only the calculations - otherwise it's all integrated with the player stuff),
    - AI attack logic,
    - Wrote out most of the rewards distribution code - both as mgame does it, and how I preferred it done (NP transferring useless, anyone? ),
    - Loading (and automated reloading) of user, monthly user & clan rankings,
    - Collision (leaving it 'til last [update: outlined support for it, started working out the updated client map file structure]).

I see 4 things to still fix :P gogo two, hope the server works with all the new stuff btw lol.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    + the delay time about the emulator.
    There actually hasn't been any delays, twostars has been on time for every date hes posted, unlike most others.

The rest I kinda agree with, people love to be the best. The fact that any dumbass can make a private server now a days leads to the good servers losing population, because the people at the bottom of the "NP List" get bored/mad and end up quitting for another server where they have a shot at being the best.

If it was up to me there would only be one PK, one Farm server, however, people have to keep trying to be the best (That goes for devs as well as players), so they can't fold and just play a good server they have to try and top it even if they can't.

O well shit happens, this will definitely be the best server KO has see in a while when it actually launches no matter what.

Looks like someone else's beating Twostars to it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KJ8I2qiOo]YouTube - KnightOnline 1453 Source 1061 Old - Skill Work .mp4[/ame]

If you track back his first movie, he's been working on an emulator since spring 2010.
    Last edited by Abel; 03-04-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Looks like someone else's beating Twostars to it.
    YouTube - KnightOnline 1453 Source 1061 Old - Skill Work .mp4

If you track back his first movie, he's been working on an emulator since spring 2010.
    Whaaaa ME LIKE THAT !

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Whaaaa ME LIKE THAT !
    Ugh. might aswell play sexyKO then. It won't bring the ultimate controlness like twostars emulator will have.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    Ugh. might aswell play sexyKO then. It won't bring the ultimate controlness like twostars emulator will have.
    There is a moment when ignorance starts leaning to the side of arrogance.
    Have you got any proof whatsoever, aside from twostars claiming it himself (what a surprise /sarcasme).
    Stop overrating people and start seeing things in a more realistic way. Boasting over his so called 'skills' isn't going to be constructive in any way, it's only going to give twostars an even better feeling about himself (if his self-esteem isn't high enough yet...).
    Best case scenario twostars will be able to release a server emulated like SexyKO (but it isn't going to be released before there will rise 1 or 2 other emulators, and you know what that means..), which he should be glad of if he manages to.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM