Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; No, it will happen, just give him some time... He's pretty much coding his own game, by himself. Give the ...
Page: 30

No, it will happen, just give him some time... He's pretty much coding his own game, by himself. Give the guy some fucking support.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Never gonna happen. It`s gonna flop like ko4life private server. `perfect perfect perfect`... `oh we`re almost done but we`re deciding to cancel the project.
    I don't think so

I think eventually they will release, but I do hope for twostars that he can live up to everything he promised... You know people will have insane expectations for this server caused by the cockiness (not sure if this is the correct word) off some of his replies and the time we've all been waiting.

+ You can be sure lots of people don't want him to succeed and will try to take it down.

I really do hope this server will work out, but as everyone I have my doubts if he'll be able to keep it up/ offer what hes promising now.

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    I don't think so

I think eventually they will release, but I do hope for twostars that he can live up to everything he promised... You know people will have insane expectations for this server caused by the cockiness (not sure if this is the correct word) off some of his replies and the time we've all been waiting.

+ You can be sure lots of people don't want him to succeed and will try to take it down.

I really do hope this server will work out, but as everyone I have my doubts if he'll be able to keep it up/ offer what hes promising now.
    I dun think that anyone gonna be able to hack Two if he releases the server.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

If my opinion means anything... I see says the blind man, yet the blind man can't see..

I've been there done that throughout my private server time. Out of everything I've picked up it goes 1) Twostars is the most knowledgeable Dev. out there. 2) You can't trust anything anyone says.

That being said, I'm not the type of guy that just believes what he's told. However, I've heard talk about this sever since the beginning, and talked to twostars since the fact it was released to the public. Now theres Devs. out there right now that I wouldn't trust holding my blunt, however twostars has always been straight forward, and a great guy to talk to, and has always showed an interest into the work he does (Which most devs. don't do).

I could go on and on, but all I'm getting down to is that I believe two has the ability to make the best Ko server ever known, and I trust that he will do his best to put that into action. As always two baby, don't rush, and make it as good as you can. You've already hooked the "Ko Public", no matter when its released it will be packed .

EDIT:: Twostars honestly isn't cocky, read over his posts and look at what he says. The cocky ones are the people like me, who know how much two has helped the Ko community, so please don't say two is cocky, instead if the server fails just blame my arrogance, I can take it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFtLONl4cNc[/ame]

Music is always the best advertisement xD.
    Last edited by T_rey; 04-04-2011 at 04:11 AM.

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

+1 trey,
    If anyone at all can make a server like this then its Twostar.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    I dun think that anyone gonna be able to hack Two if he releases the server.
    I hope so as well, but i'm 100% sure that people will try it. (which sucks, don't get me wrong, I really want this server to succeed as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    EDIT:: Twostars honestly isn't cocky, read over his posts and look at what he says. The cocky ones are the people like me, who know how much two has helped the Ko community, so please don't say two is cocky, instead if the server fails just blame my arrogance, I can take it.

i wrote in brackets that I wasn't sure if I was using the correc tword....

with cockiness I mean, how hes telling how this server will be the best, how cheating won't be possible etc... He promises a lot.

It's up to him to proof this, if not, people will be furious (you know how the average ko player reacts)... cause the expectations for this server are insane.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 04-04-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Looks like someone else's beating Twostars to it.
    YouTube - KnightOnline 1453 Source 1061 Old - Skill Work .mp4

If you track back his first movie, he's been working on an emulator since spring 2010.
    Eh, difference is that's using the existing available source (which is actually 1.081, not 1.061). It's an extremely inefficient server design, they'll just end up dealing with the same issues mgame have/has.

with cockiness I mean, how hes telling how this server will be the best, how cheating won't be possible etc... He promises a lot.
    If you'll note, I never said any of that - I didn't say it was going to be "the best", because that is an opinion, not a fact. As for cheating, cheating will always be present - as much as USKO, no... that much I can guarantee.

Never gonna happen. It`s gonna flop like ko4life private server. `perfect perfect perfect`... `oh we`re almost done but we`re deciding to cancel the project.
    My problem is consistency. I can get things done, no drama there - it's sticking to it & finishing it. As it is (and has been for the past few months) it's almost complete... believe it or not. I've just given myself excuses (legit, but "extended" moreso than normally required) to hold off on finishing it. The entire emulator's development has been like this (way before it was even prematurely announced). Truth is, I work on it when I feel like it, pushing to meet a deadline just makes me want to avoid working on it more (oddly enough).

It's not getting canceled, whether or not I make the effort to push the "developmental spurts" is another story - either way, it gets done eventually. I am sorry, I know I'm a lazy fool who's ever-constantly disappointing you by not just finishing & opening up the server, if it's of any consolation I was always extremely hesitant about letting Jonny/Tricky announce it back in September for this very reason.

I really do envy those of you with the focus & determination to persist and finish projects. :/

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    What makes us special is the fact that we are (or rather, will be on launch!) the first Knight Online private server to use absolutely none of mgame's own server code - instead, we will ultimately use our own emulator, which has been in (serious) development for several months. As a result, we can offer you the stabiliy, performance and functionality that no other server can really offer you (as mgame's own systems are unfortunately terribly designed) .....

If you'll note, I never said any of that - I didn't say it was going to be "the best", because that is an opinion, not a fact.
    Directly, no, but you are saying that your server will be able to offer us something that no other server can, so indirectly you are calling your server superior to all the others (even mgame....), something superior to all the rest = the best.

As for cheating, cheating will always be present - as much as USKO, no... that much I can guarantee.
    Again. Directly, no. Indirectly... kinda, just how you interpretate. I've read the "name a hack" topic on your forum. Every hack/exploit cheat posted, you answered that they won't work on your server (except botting, which you have some ideas for as well), so indirectly you saying none of these cheats will be working, which can be interpretated as saying that you cannot cheat on your server. Atleast for people like me that don't know how to cheat, and can call like 2 cheats out of their head, this looks like you cannot cheat at all.

Maybe thats not how you meant the stuff, but thats how I interpretate things, and prolly others too.

Again, don't get me wrong. I really look forward to play on this server, I just hope that everything you are promising will actually happen. As for now people can say, twostars will be able to do so. I also believe that if someone is capable of doing this, it would be you. But I'll only believe it when I'm playing on your server

Just keep up the good work, and it's up to you to prove that my doubts are/were unjustified.

Thanks for reading, and my excuses to everyone for keeping twostars of his work by making him read this all
    sry for my crappy english.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 04-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.

As a result, we can offer you the stabiliy, performance and functionality that no other server can really offer you (as mgame's own systems are unfortunately terribly designed)
    I'd just like to clarify the above; I'm referring to the emulator's design (does it really say "stabiliy"?! How did I miss that?!). Though I'm referring to quite a number of things to do with the design, the main/obvious problem is with their server setup.

With their setup, you've got the AI server separated by itself, Ebenezer (game server, connected to the AI server), Aujard (database interface, the game server sends it on-demand requests as a hacked up asynchronous query system), and the login server.

Firstly, there's a *LOT* of wasted memory - for one, the AI server, Ebenezer and Aujard all load up common data - for example, the ENTIRE item table (which is typically comprised of about 100k rows, on messy setups about 150k for old items alone - current USKO is about 180k rows if I recall).

In comparison, with the emulator, there's only the two essential servers - the game server, and the login server. This not only saves memory, but saves storage space and well... code (a lot of it's shared).

Secondly, as I touched on previously, mgame's current setup has an extremely inefficient (and very hacked up) asynchronous query system; the game server allocates (shared) memory for Aujard (the database interface) to access. The game server then stores packets in this memoryspace for Aujard to routinely poll (to see if there's any packets there). Aujard can then deal with the packets, do its database work and then do the same thing back to Ebenezer, the game server to let it knows it's done. Being that it's running in another process altogether, it doesn't hold up the game server, hence: it's a hacked up asynchronous database query system.

Again, in comparison, the emulator does this internally. However, as there's no reason to be modifying data outside of the server (although there's tables for the purpose of updating anything in-game, from out of the game!), we don't have to frequently access the database for anything (ranging from logins, to the routine character saves - these are actually made quite obsolete, although there is a similar [but more efficient] system run internally only).

This means there's virtually no strain on the database server (so we can be more leniant with web functionality!), and the server runs a lot smoother/faster because it's not waiting for the database server's response. This eliminates the server list 'lag' people experience with servers.

It is by no means the last thing, but another point of comparison (in relation to my quote) is the networking/sockets system (and on a similar note, distribution of packets: they only go where they need to, we don't, for example, have players being told where GMs are when they're invisible!).

With mgame's setup, we allocate a standard 1500 (or 3000 in [very few but] some copies) sockets. As has been evidenced by attacks (not sure if they still happen as frequently nowadays, but back when I made this thread there was quite a bit of it going around), it is possible to fill up all 1500 sockets and cause a denial of service, as there's no more free sockets available for regular players to use!

With the emulator, I don't impose a limitation such as this - I have two different socket sets, one for sockets pending authorisation (passing the login process), and one for those already logged in. I do, however, impose a flexible (and this can be changed whilst the server is running, as can everything else at this stage) limitation on logged in players (regarding which, I haven't strictly set - it's probably at KO's limit of 1500 players right now, I can change it as need be later).

Also, the emulator checks incoming packets very harshly - if it's not exactly as described, the connection will be terminated and the IP logged for further reference (if it happens too often from the same IP, it gets automatically banned). This harshness extends to which packets can be handled at any point in time - if you haven't logged in, you cannot, for instance, send chat commands (which is a problem with the existing setup - it's one of the reasons why players were able to remotely use notices/GM commands!).

Otherwise, just a lot of code optimisation... I should probably stop now... :/

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    Just keep up the good work, and it's up to you to prove my doubts unjustified.
    It's my goal. I mean, it's not like I'm going anywhere.

I'd just like to clarify the above; I'm referring to the emulator's design (does it really say "stabiliy"?! How did I miss that?!). Though I'm referring to quite a number of things to do with the design, the main/obvious problem is with their server setup.

With their setup, you've got the AI server separated by itself, Ebenezer (game server, connected to the AI server), Aujard (database interface, the game server sends it on-demand requests as a hacked up asynchronous query system), and the login server.

Firstly, there's a *LOT* of wasted memory - for one, the AI server, Ebenezer and Aujard all load up common data - for example, the ENTIRE item table (which is typically comprised of about 100k rows, on messy setups about 150k for old items alone - current USKO is about 180k rows if I recall).

In comparison, with the emulator, there's only the two essential servers - the game server, and the login server. This not only saves memory, but saves storage space and well... code (a lot of it's shared).

Secondly, as I touched on previously, mgame's current setup has an extremely inefficient (and very hacked up) asynchronous query system; the game server allocates (shared) memory for Aujard (the database interface) to access. The game server then stores packets in this memoryspace for Aujard to routinely poll (to see if there's any packets there). Aujard can then deal with the packets, do its database work and then do the same thing back to Ebenezer, the game server to let it knows it's done. Being that it's running in another process altogether, it doesn't hold up the game server, hence: it's a hacked up asynchronous database query system.

Again, in comparison, the emulator does this internally. However, as there's no reason to be modifying data outside of the server (although there's tables for the purpose of updating anything in-game, from out of the game!), we don't have to frequently access the database for anything (ranging from logins, to the routine character saves - these are actually made quite obsolete, although there is a similar [but more efficient] system run internally only).

This means there's virtually no strain on the database server (so we can be more leniant with web functionality!), and the server runs a lot smoother/faster because it's not waiting for the database server's response. This eliminates the server list 'lag' people experience with servers.

It is by no means the last thing, but another point of comparison (in relation to my quote) is the networking/sockets system (and on a similar note, distribution of packets: they only go where they need to, we don't, for example, have players being told where GMs are when they're invisible!).

With mgame's setup, we allocate a standard 1500 (or 3000 in [very few but] some copies) sockets. As has been evidenced by attacks (not sure if they still happen as frequently nowadays, but back when I made this thread there was quite a bit of it going around), it is possible to fill up all 1500 sockets and cause a denial of service, as there's no more free sockets available for regular players to use!

With the emulator, I don't impose a limitation such as this - I have two different socket sets, one for sockets pending authorisation (passing the login process), and one for those already logged in. I do, however, impose a flexible (and this can be changed whilst the server is running, as can everything else at this stage) limitation on logged in players (regarding which, I haven't strictly set - it's probably at KO's limit of 1500 players right now, I can change it as need be later).

Also, the emulator checks incoming packets very harshly - if it's not exactly as described, the connection will be terminated and the IP logged for further reference (if it happens too often from the same IP, it gets automatically banned). This harshness extends to which packets can be handled at any point in time - if you haven't logged in, you cannot, for instance, send chat commands (which is a problem with the existing setup - it's one of the reasons why players were able to remotely use notices/GM commands!).

Otherwise, just a lot of code optimisation... I should probably stop now... :/

It's my goal. I mean, it's not like I'm going anywhere.

Quack.

Also, would you guys preffer this server? Or the other billion crappy ones out there? Just wait for a good one while playing shitty ones wich is the only thing we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by CkkJl2 View Post
    Quack.

Also, would you guys preffer this server? Or the other billion crappy ones out there? Just wait for a good one while playing shitty ones wich is the only thing we can do.
    Not like shitty KO servers are only thing to play...there is MW2,dota,battlefield etc

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I proved my point. At least you admit what I had on mind. Respect for that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I proved my point. At least you admit what I had on mind. Respect for that at least.
    Which point was that? "The server's never going to happen?" Why on earth would I ever totally abandon a project that's taken this long? I wouldn't, but then it's pointless to repeatedly say so until I finally do have a finished product to show I suppose. :/

One thing's for sure, all this talk of quitting's certainly doing a good job of pushing me into more active development. \o/

Anyway, for the sake of talking moar showing less, I'll get a little more work done tonight before I head to bed. :P

Cano Senior Member Canofwhopass's Avatar

Keep it up twostars ill defiantly play when ever you get it up.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Which point was that? "The server's never going to happen?" Why on earth would I ever totally abandon a project that's taken this long? I wouldn't, but then it's pointless to repeatedly say so until I finally do have a finished product to show I suppose. :/

One thing's for sure, all this talk of quitting's certainly doing a good job of pushing me into more active development. \o/

Anyway, for the sake of talking moar showing less, I'll get a little more work done tonight before I head to bed. :P
    Nope. The whole point was for you to openly admit that you are just lazying around and hardly doing anything. It sure doesn`t give us a good image of how things would be done once it opens, if it opens.

So now you`ll either continue your slow progress like you did for the past 6 months, or you can show the community that your actually willing to sacrifice a bit, to work harder on it. Character. Speaks alot about a person.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM