Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; gg Twostars Make it happen I belive in you!!!!!! Woah i've been waiting for so long And i keep waiting ...
Page: 31

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

gg
    Twostars
    Make it happen I belive in you!!!!!!
    Woah i've been waiting for so long
    And i keep waiting for another year if need

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Nope. The whole point was for you to openly admit that you are just lazying around and hardly doing anything. It sure doesn`t give us a good image of how things would be done once it opens, if it opens.

So now you`ll either continue your slow progress like you did for the past 6 months, or you can show the community that your actually willing to sacrifice a bit, to work harder on it. Character. Speaks alot about a person.
    Christ, someone's got a bee up their bonnet. It's just a game... work comes before play. And unpaid work.

I'm going to continue to be blunt with you; until the server's ready, I have zero obligation to you as a player. If you'll note, I haven't once lied, like most servers - if you get the impression that I have, read again. Nor have I ever accepted monetary donations (much to ibsk8r's dismay), stuffed with other servers, or whatever else other server owners do to spend their time. I really don't have the urge to be giving you a good impression at this point, I am me, I have no obligation to this server currently - when it's done, the server will be there for you guys to play & for myself to maintain. Oh, and the potential monetary source, but like I've always said (and not one time in the past few servers I've been a part of, have I ever used any of the [actually little!] money donated to the server - whether that was because it was barely making the payment requirement or not is definitely a question to be answered, but the fact remains! [and yes, that's sarcasm :P]). Hence: obligation.

There's a reason I never gave an ETA, nor did I want to say anything about the emulator back in September; I didn't want to be disappointing anyone by not living up to any expectations (by which I'm referring to deadlines). This, out of courtesy to you guys... I've done nothing but tell you guys the truth, and what - you make out like I should have lied?

I have always done what I said, if I'm taking too long, that's your problem - not mine! I never promised any dates, nor did I imply that it'd be open shortly (hence the lack of ETAs and my adamant refusal on answering those questions). Sure, this title says "soon", but I was referring to the "beta" which came & went as scheduled (thankyou G4L for not letting me edit the main topic title).

Character. Speaks alot about a person.
    Seriously, quit being so judgemental. It'll be done when it's done, unless you want to pitch in and help things (and I did ask for any available help, but surprisingly enough - there was nobody willing & capable who volunteered) - or work on your own, of course.

On a side note, personally I don't even play KO - it's a horrible game. The emulator was merely being written in my own time to provide a little change of scenery to the PSKO scene, providing a better overall game experience (when it's finished, of course). My one regret is allowing jonny to go through with the initial advert, there was no reason to deadline anything (hence why there never was a deadline at all, merely possible estimated timeframes after a lot of request, stressing the possible), but as I can't change the past I can just ensure it gets finished whilst staying true to the original server name. I am a single person. One person. I'm not paid to write this code, so there's no direct obligation there to work on this as opposed to, y'know, actually working (which does in fact give me monies). Not a company. Yay.

Meh.

PS: As I did in fact promise, I did a bit of work on the emulator. It's now 4am, so it's probably time I hit the hay.
    Last edited by twostars; 04-04-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Christ, someone's got a bee up their bonnet. It's just a game... work comes before play. And unpaid work.

I'm going to continue to be blunt with you; until the server's ready, I have zero obligation to you as a player. If you'll note, I haven't once lied, like most servers - if you get the impression that I have, read again. Nor have I ever accepted monetary donations (much to ibsk8r's dismay), stuffed with other servers, or whatever else other server owners do to spend their time. I really don't have the urge to be giving you a good impression at this point, I am me, I have no obligation to this server currently - when it's done, the server will be there for you guys to play & for myself to maintain. Oh, and the potential monetary source, but like I've always said (and not one time in the past few servers I've been a part of, have I ever used any of the [actually little!] money donated to the server - whether that was because it was barely making the payment requirement or not is definitely a question to be answered, but the fact remains! [and yes, that's sarcasm :P]). Hence: obligation.

There's a reason I never gave an ETA, nor did I want to say anything about the emulator back in September; I didn't want to be disappointing anyone by not living up to any expectations (by which I'm referring to deadlines). This, out of courtesy to you guys... I've done nothing but tell you guys the truth, and what - you make out like I should have lied?

I have always done what I said, if I'm taking too long, that's your problem - not mine! I never promised any dates, nor did I imply that it'd be open shortly (hence the lack of ETAs and my adamant refusal on answering those questions). Sure, this title says "soon", but I was referring to the "beta" which came & went as scheduled (thankyou G4L for not letting me edit the main topic title).

Seriously, quit being so judgemental. It'll be done when it's done, unless you want to pitch in and help things (and I did ask for any available help, but surprisingly enough - there was nobody willing & capable who volunteered) - or work on your own, of course.

On a side note, personally I don't even play KO - it's a horrible game. The emulator was merely being written in my own time to provide a little change of scenery to the PSKO scene, providing a better overall game experience (when it's finished, of course). My one regret is allowing jonny to go through with the initial advert, there was no reason to deadline anything (hence why there never was a deadline at all, merely possible estimated timeframes after a lot of request, stressing the possible), but as I can't change the past I can just ensure it gets finished whilst staying true to the original server name. I am a single person. One person. I'm not paid to write this code, so there's no direct obligation there to work on this as opposed to, y'know, actually working (which does in fact give me monies). Not a company. Yay.

Meh.

PS: As I did in fact promise, I did a bit of work on the emulator. It's now 4am, so it's probably time I hit the hay.
    There`s that arrogance now.

I can go on about arguing, but what`s the point... I see that you`ve set yourself to work at a slow steady pace no matter what.

However, I did realize that you keep mentioning `I do this in my spare time`. In this world, yes everybody wants money. You have your daily job which is understandable. A shift of 8 hours a day, leaving you with about another 8 hours a day of spare time. You either must have an amazing job that`s paying you ridiculous amounts, thus why you`re taking this project just as a hobby.... or else, even with an average job, people always want more money and would do anything to get it... and to be realistic, with a private server you always get the money. Now don`t get me wrong, I don`t see anything wrong with making money on a private server, of course as long as there is no corruption and complete over-empowerment. With that said, since this server had the most support I`ve seen in the past 2-3 years within private servers, with such a big population that supported it, simple premiums and XP scrolls alone would have made you thousands of dollars, and don`t even get me started on the PK scrolls and whatnot.

So what is it? Do you really have an amazing job? Or did you not realize that you could actually gain thousands of dollars from this server... as I said, it could still be gained without corruption and any type of PUS empowerment. And don`t give us that bullshit of `I do not want to take any money from you guys`... whether that`s true or not, realize this... we don`t care. We actually sincerely hope you take that money for the work you`ve done, but for now, all we care is that we have a server that`s almost perfect, and soon to be done. So step into reality and realize that you are not getting payed now, but it will greatly benefit you once the server opens, which will pay you off even more for the few codes that apparently pretty much comes natural to you as you keep telling us.

I think I`ve pointed out my argument. If that`s not valid, then I don`t know what is.

I can go on about arguing, but what`s the point... I see that you`ve set yourself to work at a slow steady pace no matter what.
    Sorry, didn't intend to take that tone - just tired I guess.

However, I did realize that you keep mentioning `I do this in my spare time`. In this world, yes everybody wants money. You have your daily job which is understandable. A shift of 8 hours a day, leaving you with about another 8 hours a day of spare time.
    You're assuming a lot here - you're a. assuming that I have shifts, b. assuming that my "shift" is 8 hours long, and c. assuming that I have a further 8 hours of "free time", and another 8 hours of sleep.

You'd be technically incorrect on all accounts, but it's irrelevant regardless. Everyone works (...ok, well I wish!), everyone has a little bit of free time. Everyone sleeps. Fun.

Likewise with this:
    You either must have an amazing job that`s paying you ridiculous amounts, thus why you`re taking this project just as a hobby.... or else, even with an average job, people always want more money and would do anything to get it... and to be realistic, with a private server you always get the money.
    My job sucks (doesn't everyone's?), but I don't need the money. Really. It's just naturally less appealing to spend time doing something that doesn't hold my interest, or at the very least is not worthwhile.

So what is it? Do you really have an amazing job? Or did you not realize that you could actually gain thousands of dollars from this server... as I said, it could still be gained without corruption and any type of PUS empowerment. And don`t give us that bullshit of `I do not want to take any money from you guys`... whether that`s true or not, realize this... we don`t care.
    Sadly, it has been pointed out many a time (mostly from staff that I haven't heard from in months) that it will make money, and to be honest - I really don't care. Monies buy moar things, but I don't want moar things - financially, I am perfectly stable. Like I said, the emulator's there to demonstrate some actual variety in the PSKO scene. Actual development (funny, I know given the context of this post :P). It's crossed my mind once or twice, but I really don't want to be putting myself out there any more than I need to.

Now don`t get me wrong, I don`t see anything wrong with making money on a private server, of course as long as there is no corruption and complete over-empowerment.
    Little bit surprised at your take on that situation, but yeah - I do appreciate it.

We actually sincerely hope you take that money for the work you`ve done, but for now, all we care is that we have a server that`s almost perfect, and soon to be done. So step into reality and realize that you are not getting payed now, but it will greatly benefit you once the server opens, which will pay you off even more for the few codes that apparently pretty much comes natural to you as you keep telling us.
    Yeah, I know. It's definitely got the potential, and I'm very much aware that I could potentially be making money from it - but I really don't want to get into that whole situation, bringing me back to "moar codez to write, yay".

I suppose I can pull myself into a better developmental routine. It is sad, really.
    On the plus side, I started hooking things up permanently - using the current (NDKO) official client with the emulator, etc. Up until that point it was a little bit of a mess (completely different client for one, which was using the 15xx USKO Moradon).

Now, at least, I can throw up a few clients, dig up any preliminary issues, work out what I still need to do and get a move on things. In theory.

This is time he COULD have used if Unbeatable wasn't continuing to waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by CkkJl2 View Post
    It's all good mate, don't worry.

whats up with these page and a half posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    whats up with these page and a half posts
    idk

10chars10chars

I have a question....

What if this server/project gets reaaaaaaaally, but reaaaaaaaaaaaally succesful and ko hears about it... cant hey sue you or anything? Or is that all been worked out? Cause if you'll be able to offer everything you listed, it will be - imo- better than usko, and should be very popular.

I'm just wondering, cause it kinda looks like a (big) risk, or maybe i'm just overreacting here.

Make his own client and use nothing of their textures/names = fixed copyright

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    I have a question....

What if this server/project gets reaaaaaaaally, but reaaaaaaaaaaaally succesful and ko hears about it... cant hey sue you or anything? Or is that all been worked out? Cause if you'll be able to offer everything you listed, it will be - imo- better than usko, and should be very popular.

I'm just wondering, cause it kinda looks like a (big) risk, or maybe i'm just overreacting here.
    It's a risk, yes. I'd put together a list of items of particular note to avoid after researching the issue quite thoroughly (and drawing on past experience with other scenes, AND consulting others). It's obviously nowhere near foolproof (given that I am most certainly not a lawyer), but every little worry counts for something.

First on the list is obviously avoiding hosting anywhere they have direct digital copyright infringement reach, the difficult the better. It's actually quite a good thing that SexyReplay got his up & running first - gives us an idea of how far they'll go.

Make his own client and use nothing of their textures/names = fixed copyright
    In theory... but they'll still *try* to prove that the game is at least based upon 'their' work.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CkkJl2 View Post
    Anyone that thinks there is a difference in a few minutes wasted of posting in this thread compared to the 6 months you`ve been following this thread and it`s servers status, is an idiot. And since I like to make things obvious, that means you Einstein.

Testing performance (with all the AI activity etc) & looking for any possible race conditions, so going around spawning as many mobs/NPCs as I recall in-game.
    Yar, MYKO client. In-game spawn manipulation is fun though (a lot of that's randomly mass-placed within a certain radius).

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Testing performance (with all the AI activity etc) & looking for any possible race conditions, so going around spawning as many mobs/NPCs as I recall in-game.
    Yar, MYKO client. In-game spawn manipulation is fun though (a lot of that's randomly mass-placed within a certain radius).

It's not going to tell us when stuff spawns like in your chat box is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    It's not going to tell us when stuff spawns like in your chat box is it?
    Only for those spawning them. These spawns, by the way, are saved to the database.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM