Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Prodigy™ i guess jeffery didnt tell you about what happened with the job yet lol don`t tell ...
Page: 21

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    i guess jeffery didnt tell you about what happened with the job yet lol
    don`t tell me he got fired from his security job...

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    lol someone was used to getting free items on rising now he thinks that all gms will favor him

Curse you.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    You beat me too it
    He beat a lot of us to it. :/

There are some cranky GM's ill tell u that.

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

The GM's on this server are just great. I want to have sexy time with them. TY BB

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    the gm's on this server are just great. I want to have sexy time with them. Ty bb
    get ta fuk bak to ur camel town right now!

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    The GM's on this server are just great. I want to have sexy time with them. TY BB
    I thought you only had sex with camels. O.O

when will the official farm server launch?

Banned for scamming.

This server is like a premature ejectualtion or what?

beta> pk opened like what it gunna be 4 -6 months before this "emulator" is realised if ever...

All i read is talk, where are the screen shots of the progress, and fact that there is infact a emulator at all. I see very little in the updates. Which would suggest that there is no chance this will happen at all or if so not till at least march/ april if it actually exists at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    when will the official farm server launch?
    anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    anyone know?
    Still no ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    This server is like a premature ejectualtion or what?

beta> pk opened like what it gunna be 4 -6 months before this "emulator" is realised if ever...
    Hah, that's the best description I've seen yet.

I agree, "beta" was opened way too soon. I was actually opposed to the idea at first, but my mind got changed. It was after all, to work out the kinks with the database for official.

All i read is talk, where are the screen shots of the progress, and fact that there is infact a emulator at all. I see very little in the updates. Which would suggest that there is no chance this will happen at all or if so not till at least march/ april if it actually exists at all.
    I apologise for that, I really don't mean to be vague or what-not - just trying to focus on getting it done (that way, who needs updates on its progress? It'll be ready for use!).

I'm honestly not sure what I could do in the way of screenshots. You guys really don't need to see the actual server running (and I could, honestly, rig up a neat little console and screenshot it - wouldn't prove much)... as for in-game, is it really going to change that much in its initial stage, using the old MYKO client to start off with?

Regarding progress.. yes, it's unfortunately been delayed a bit (mostly with running the beta [and the start of the PK] server) but I've been going all out to make up for it the past week especially. It's already very much overdue, but I just hope I can catch up without too much drama (no pun intended)!

On the plus side:
    - a. we've not accepted any donations thus far (though KE did briefly the time they were up, NDKO [and the merged KE] have not). This means there's NOTHING to tie you here (only a handful of people donated to KE during the brief time it was up, so we have obligations to them... but for the majority of you!).
    - b. I can ensure the official's working just fine - no I don't want to be rushing things, that was NEVER - EVER - my plan. The fairly off timing of the beta server to test the database wasn't really my plan, but it happened and I guess we'll just have to live with that and make the most of it!

I really, really don't want to rush this. There is no rush. The servers going up and down are all fairly much the same - someone decides they want to host a server, they follow a tutorial, they (possibly) tweak the database, and they advertise their new server. This is not in any way what we intend to be doing here.

How many server owners can say they actually know what's happening behind the scenes with the server (and hence, can say they know how it works and can expand or fix functionality)? How many server owners have put THAT much effort into developing the server?

There is only one that I can think of, and that is SexyReplay (SexyKO). His goals and methodology, however, are not quite the same as ours.

Essentially, from NDKO's standpoint, we want to 'do-over' USKO. Entire rewritten server (focusing a lot on preventing a lot of the abuse), emulating the current server setup... basically USKO without cheating. That's what I, myself, want - and that's why I have been working on this project for almost a complete year now (though I started it way back in 2008, didn't really give it much attention back then as I was busy with other things.. it's only now that I truly see it as a priority).

USKO's not going anywhere. Neither are private servers apparently (literally YEARS behind).

There's really no rush. Rushing causes mistakes, complications.

I, again, apologise if I'm talking too much instead of showing. I don't really see how I can prove the existence of said emulator, and even if I did, why bother? The emulator's development is my #1 priority right now, in my mind you'll get to play on it when it's done. Not "if". Just a matter of patience (which... brings us back to the premature 'beta', and the big mess of... mess... that came about because of that decision. Heh.)

Banned for scamming.

thanks for replying in such a dignified way.

A lot of what you say is right, and makes sence, i will stay on usko simply cos im sick to death of the up down up down as you say :P

I guess there isnt really a true way of prooving the existance

guess if i became disheartend, everytime i gor to your forum for a check on the updates, there is never any. And a bunch or gob shits on the chat panal, Good you made this post. Sure others where in the same boat.

I must admit with regards to the beta and pk, i was expecting much better organisation of "your people" and to be honest both beta and PK where a fail big time. Do forget your the one who critisises a lot of badly run servers.. And i no you are probably THE most knowledgable person when it comes to private usko hosting, but doesnt mean you can successfully run a server, and beta and pk show this. There is more to it then sorting ebanezer and fillding with files lol. You can say you didnt do much with beta etc, but its your name that looks like shit not jonneys, this is seen as twos server including beta & pk, and so if it was me id be dam sure it was being run correctly.

Good luck with it, and ye you have put so much time into it not point in cutting corners now, if you are going to do something do it properly.
    Last edited by FromTheDarkness; 12-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Banned Senior Member

Dear Project: KE Community,
    I am here to notify you that yes, we are still working on the emulator,
    Twostars is updating This Post rapidly, giving you an estimation on the progress of the emulator development, so stay tuned!

We did not forget neither one of you, and we are still are excited to provide you the best private server out there !

Regarding old Project: KE donors who donated before the merge with NDKO, you're KC will be received upon official release as well !

Bare with us a little more,
    Project: KE Administration

Emulator Progess http://forum.knight-empire.net/topic...ogress-report/

wOw, this server looks awesome öÔ

I came on this forum to check if there was a fun private server to spend some time on it... but damn, I did not expect that.
    This is good to see that there is still a community which love this game and is trying to create something serious

I'm really excited to see how it's going on. I just hope I won't miss the start (if it happens someday ).... Too bad we can't register to a group or something and be warned by an email when the official release date will be know

Keep the good work and Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sednanref View Post
    I'm really excited to see how it's going on. I just hope I won't miss the start (if it happens someday ).... Too bad we can't register to a group or something and be warned by an email when the official release date will be know
    You mean the forums? (yes, that URL's legit - we merged with KE)

I'll be sending out a mass-email the moment I'm sure of anything.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM