Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by twostars Only for those spawning them. These spawns, by the way, are saved to the database. Oh ...
Page: 32

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Only for those spawning them. These spawns, by the way, are saved to the database.
    Oh okay I get it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    Make his own client and use nothing of their textures/names = fixed copyright
    Names doesn't mean anything. Whole names in the client (I assume you are talking about file names?) in client can be changed in a minute with few lines of code. Read all the files in the directory, rename each based on a cryption, save them, update KO.exe/Other TBL's to work with new values. Probably lawyers should be well aware of it...

Animation and texture is a different story. Basicly, there is no coding possible (Except few, but they will not change the original picture, hence pretty much meaningless) to re-draw animation and image files. By this, I am talking about over 100.000 (more or less, didn't count) sound files, texture files, item icons, skill icons and many more...

Getting more deeply, Twostars is still using Knight Online (aka NDKO) and also knight-empire.net domain (Another thing to look at) using same skills, same items, same monsters, same maps. There is no way he can change all of them. (otherwise it will be a completely new game, why bother releasing it with the name of KO?) So yeah, they will try to prove client belongs to them, but I seriously doubt K2/MGames will bother with it. (repeating myself as I did on few pages before, K2 can also [as a game publisher] have rights to sue you, since this server literally make them lose money.)

All he needs to do is, changing client as much as he can, host the server where DMCA and copyright craps doesn't work, hide his personal identity well.

In the end, nothing will happen. K2/MGames != Blizzard.

@Twostars, you always make me wanna learn asm and c and I always give up at the second hour. It looks definitely fun to make a boss with a great logic. (Not just z-r; aim priests, aoe when needed, heal himself and such)

How different your monster AI from the MGames' one may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    How different your monster AI from the MGames' one may I ask?
    In short, very. They're more instance-based, very independent - proper events (timed, not polled). In regards to the logic itself, I kept it basic (but obviously left room for scripted bosses etc), so it's similar to mgame's (maybe a tiny bit "smarter"). Unlike mgame, I combined as much of the player & NPC logic (i.e. movement [between regions, zones etc], attack system, death & reward handlers, etc) as was possible. It's virtually all wrapped up in the same handler.

can i make a little sugestion twostars? i dont know if this has been posted already or not, and im sorry if its a retarded request but ... in that emulator ur developing, would you make it possible for us players to run more than one client at the same time? it would avoid hackers attempts to make multiclient hacks, and seeing as most(if not all so far) hacks dont work there, i dont see what the problem would be xD. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nyox View Post
    can i make a little sugestion twostars? i dont know if this has been posted already or not, and im sorry if its a retarded request but ... in that emulator ur developing, would you make it possible for us players to run more than one client at the same time? it would avoid hackers attempts to make multiclient hacks, and seeing as most(if not all so far) hacks dont work there, i dont see what the problem would be xD. thank you
    I'm not a big fan of this idea; you wouldn't be able to manage multiple clients while PK'ing, which makes it a little pointless - maybe against mobs, but nothing difficult.
    The other possible reason I can come up with is leaving one/some merchanting or otherwise trading while using another client. For this, I have a better solution (this was posted in NDKO's suggestions section) - an offline merchanting system operating concurrently with in-game merchanting (theoretically it'd add you to the online merchant/trading list when you start merchanting in-game, so you'd be listed with users who are merchanting offline [possibly via logging out with merchant enabled, or some sort of NPC was used to trigger the process?]. For users buying, you'd just get online via your browser or via an NPC in-game, search through the merchant list & buy as desired).

Actually, I believe I read a recent KOKO patch changelog that mentioned something about merchanting - maybe it was something along those lines, but I can't remember.

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of this idea; you wouldn't be able to manage multiple clients while PK'ing, which makes it a little pointless - maybe against mobs, but nothing difficult.
    The other possible reason I can come up with is leaving one/some merchanting or otherwise trading while using another client. For this, I have a better solution (this was posted in NDKO's suggestions section) - an offline merchanting system operating concurrently with in-game merchanting (theoretically it'd add you to the online merchant/trading list when you start merchanting in-game, so you'd be listed with users who are merchanting offline [possibly via logging out with merchant enabled, or some sort of NPC was used to trigger the process?]. For users buying, you'd just get online via your browser or via an NPC in-game, search through the merchant list & buy as desired).

Actually, I believe I read a recent KOKO patch changelog that mentioned something about merchanting - maybe it was something along those lines, but I can't remember.
    from self experience play AO which has same merching it makes hard to profit for those who wanna resell

plus some ppl who like to solo as war(lame Oo) wouldnt mind have an priest in town so they could cure themselves instead of waiting for the 2mins or having and dbuff char to dbuff and solo as rogue some mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    plus some ppl who like to solo as war(lame Oo) wouldnt mind have an priest in town so they could cure themselves instead of waiting for the 2mins or having and dbuff char to dbuff and solo as rogue some mobs
    Hah, that's laziness of my own proportions.

was just a suggestion sir sometimes when i want to trade items between accounts or buff myself while exping, or yeah doing the merchant/pk thing at same time i find myself wanting to be able to open more than 1 client without the risk of getting banned, that's all. gl with the server

Quote Originally Posted by nyox View Post
    was just a suggestion sir sometimes when i want to trade items between accounts or buff myself while exping, or yeah doing the merchant/pk thing at same time i find myself wanting to be able to open more than 1 client without the risk of getting banned, that's all. gl with the server
    I'll keep all that in mind, thanks. Will see if I can work around some of those needs, if not I suppose it's worth a thought allowing it.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Twostars how long it will take you to finish or you you still don't know about it?

Phage

Let me ask you something twostars. How hard is it to make ndko to work on macs? I know that there are ways to make the game run on a mac using bootcamp, but would it require a massive amount of work to make it work, or is it just a few lines of code?

I guess it's *possible* to change the client from a .exe to w/e Mac needs to run. However it won't be a few lines lol... Different framework (windows), no directx support on mac (images not happening) as far as I know. So yea.. Lots of work on that one.

But there are more easier solutions: Wine, Bootcamp as you said, virtual pc or don't use a mac lol. I would go for the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Let me ask you something twostars. How hard is it to make ndko to work on macs? I know that there are ways to make the game run on a mac using bootcamp, but would it require a massive amount of work to make it work, or is it just a few lines of code?
    It works fine with wine, in fact the launcher I wrote for the game fully supports wine (so the client can be started on linux/mac).

two is a mean person he's working on a gr8 server but every1 are waiting for it and nobody knows what its even gonna be like ;D sneakpeaks plx!

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

What if.... Twostars and Aristona were to work together ... Its a longshot, but you never know , just gotta get that trust factor.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM