Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by T_rey What if.... Twostars and Aristona were to work together ... Its a longshot, but you never ...
Page: 33

Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    What if.... Twostars and Aristona were to work together ... Its a longshot, but you never know , just gotta get that trust factor.
    hmm? Knight Imperia, Knight Empire and No Drama Knight Online?
    what a tranny name that wud become O_O mehh imo its fine just as it is right now :P the less the merrier.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    the less the merrier.
    I completely agree with this, however all of twostars other "Admins" haven't been around for some time now lol. Its just all him, and out of everyone who messes with private servers anymore there's no denying the fact Aristona is one of the best (His decisions in some cases haven't been the best, but he still knows what hes doing).

I merely said that because I was bored and wanted to cause a lil discussion xD.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

What ever happened to Jonny?

I completely agree with this, however all of twostars other "Admins" haven't been around for some time now lol. Its just all him, and out of everyone who messes with private servers anymore there's no denying the fact Aristona is one of the best (His decisions in some cases haven't been the best, but he still knows what hes doing).

I merely said that because I was bored and wanted to cause a lil discussion xD.
    Aristona can't program. What's he gonna do? Count twostars money when donations begins and leave the server a month later with the donations? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    Aristona can't program. What's he gonna do? Count twostars money when donations begins and leave the server a month later with the donations? lol
    Who knows, maybe he will need a financial adviser . I was just saying that to see what people thought, I have doubts aristona would even want to help as well as if two would even want him to help.

Oh well, the shit will unravel some day .

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Who knows, maybe he will need a financial adviser . I was just saying that to see what people thought, I have doubts aristona would even want to help as well as if two would even want him to help.

Oh well, the shit will unravel some day .
    I think you`ve had enough to smoke up for today my friend .

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I think you`ve had enough to smoke up for today my friend .
    Haha most likely, I just get bored on days like this and find my self trollin... Like a boss.

... Atleast I can get my post count up to use the market section .

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

They see you (T)rolling they hating
    But Aristona is the king of turks & nubs. Hes only dream working with twostars would be getting free $$ w/o doing anything

Banned Senior Member

Lol, tricky your on some other shit brah...why even waste your time talkin to these kids, step up and play with the big boys... <3 ^^

you know what i mean.

Sorry, but no. Never, ever going to happen. Ever. I can't even think of one beneficial reason for that, at least I could with K-E. :P

On a more on-topic note: I've been working on the emulator on & off the past couple of days. Let's try and keep that happening.

At this stage, I'm going back through all of the functionality, testing it in a variety of ways (bug testing!), making sure I've finished it (and obviously finishing it if I haven't). Looking good so far, but I still want to rewrite part of the AI system to utilise better eventable functionality that I later incorporated into the emulator - that should be fun. :P

In my last post I stated I laid out some of the NPCs & monsters in Moradon, they were a good test of functionality (as each is intended to do different tasks). Although I haven't yet implemented the NPC scripts, the system's there - so I'll have to start writing those out at some very soon point. The somewhat "stress-tests" worked well however, you'll be pleased to know that I haven't come across any crash-worthy bugs yet (but did I mention that the emulator has an inbuilt crash handler, which will finish up what it's doing database-wise & save everyone? No more unnecessary rollbacks - AND it'll actually save people on restart, no more of that stupid dupe nonsense!).

Full steam ahead. A little late, but better late than never.

So will killing mobs on this server be harder because they are smarter?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    So will killing mobs on this server be harder because they are smarter?
    I tried to keep them as simplistic as KO as I could, as we are trying to emulate the game here - so they'll be about the same, but may act slightly differently (for instance: they may try to flee, or call for help if they're set to). I'm totally going to have worms call for backup, because y'know - that'd just be hot. "wrrrrrmmmmmmmm..!!!" *worms crawl over*.

Heh, not really, as much as it would be fun to take newbies by surprise, it'd be cruel.

To answer your question, maybe slightly - but it all comes down to what you're expecting them to do. If you don't expect them to behave a certain way, then you should be fine. Expect the unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I tried to keep them as simplistic as KO as I could, as we are trying to emulate the game here - so they'll be about the same, but may act slightly differently (for instance: they may try to flee, or call for help if they're set to). I'm totally going to have worms call for backup, because y'know - that'd just be hot. "wrrrrrmmmmmmmm..!!!" *worms crawl over*.

Heh, not really, as much as it would be fun to take newbies by surprise, it'd be cruel.

To answer your question, maybe slightly - but it all comes down to what you're expecting them to do. If you don't expect them to behave a certain way, then you should be fine. Expect the unexpected!
    So aggro and stuff is all most like usko?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    So aggro and stuff is all most like usko?
    I haven't really looked at their current implementation of AI yet, as the current stage is for 1.298 (although once the base is done there's really no drama with updating the packet structures & implementing any additional features/functionality).

Could you please explain what you're referring to exactly?

What if.... Twostars and Aristona were to work together ... Its a longshot, but you never know , just gotta get that trust factor.
    It is something which won't happen, for few reasons:

a. I completely dislike working with more than 2 admins at the same time. (twostars can ibsk8r be different but my past experiences was a failure)
    b. Mine and twostars' characteristics are totally opposite to eachother. We will fight (can't translate this well) over anything and write a wall of text to eachother.
    c. I can barely develop things due to my limited time.
    d. Twostars is way more experienced than me (prolly all ko developers) when it comes down to C++, ASM and other programming languages. I will have no use in the staff, and I won't be able to improve myself, since Twostars will prolly handle everything already.
    e. It just won't happen.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM