Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 You said the party bar system works differently from mgames... does it still do the same ...
Page: 37

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    You said the party bar system works differently from mgames... does it still do the same basic thing? like is the game the same?
    It does the same thing, but works differently. Less buggy.

cant wait to be the number #1 aussie on the server

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    cant wait to be the number #1 aussie on the server
    Sorry, that'll be me.

no shit hey
    does that mean events will be revolving around our timezone

I was refering to aristona most likely. I know that you know a lot more than him. But as hes very experienced seeing he has launched several servers and is in snoxd quite often and still failed launching the last server makes me worried a bit. He even used ur panel if i recall correctly.

Thanks for giving a little inside tho. I hope it goes all the way you have planned it :-)

no shit hey
    does that mean events will be revolving around our timezone
    Heh, unfortunately it's unlikely that it'll work out that way. But as I myself am an aussie I will do my best to work something out that works for us too - unfortunately, when timezones are involved it is simple impossible to perfectly time things to work for everyone everywhere. However, I'm thinking it shouldn't even be too much of an issue with the way I've currently got events planned out in my head. We'll see; beta should give us a fair idea of that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by slicethem View Post
    I was refering to aristona most likely. I know that you know a lot more than him. But as hes very experienced seeing he has launched several servers and is in snoxd quite often and still failed launching the last server makes me worried a bit. He even used ur panel if i recall correctly.
    As much as I'd like to, I'm not going to be petty and point out that "more servers != more experience", but as far as coding goes (that is, in relation to the DDoS attack), it was not involved whatsoever (panel yes, but he ended up swapping it out and even disabling it to no or little avail).

I get what you're saying though, I just find it a little bit irksome when owners make out they're doing more than they really are (but like I said, guilty of that myself on occasion) - especially programming wise. There's just no coding involved, it's all server administraton, but I guess (despite not wanting to be) I'm just being petty regardless. Tomayto, tomarto eh?

With my panel, that was my very old one that was ultimately leaked. It really isn't even worth 'private' status, the base was written in a few hours with the entire thing written in about a day (including procrastination!). It has an awful concept of caching (serious hit on file i/o, seriously..), and its templating is just godawful. The only benefit it has is the main site layout (and the fact it's secure), but even then it's limited in its extensibility.

For clarification, NDKO's panel was written completely fresh bearing in mind all prior pitfalls in an attempt to get it done properly. Heck, I've even (somewhat unnecessarily) implemented a proper dispatch handler to properly handle requests (rewritten or otherwise). Its improved performance really showed (being used to setting up my previous panel for quite a few server owners), especially in combination with my nginx setup, so I can definitely say it was worth the time I put into it.

As of late, as I've been doing a bit of scripting for an advertising network I've also picked up a few tricks that I wouldn't ordinarily have considered, so it's likely I'll rewrite parts of it to work even more efficiently in future.

Wow, I ramble... I'm sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by slicethem View Post
    Thanks for giving a little inside tho. I hope it goes all the way you have planned it :-)
    No worries, I hope so too!
    Last edited by twostars; 04-26-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Oops, typo.

Any chance u can tell us when is the real beta coming up,a month,two,three...no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Any chance u can tell us when is the real beta coming up,a month,two,three...no ?
    As usual, unfortunately not.

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

could you possibly add a feauture that allows you to speak with opposite nation on PK zones? but like not everione likes this idea make it so you have to allow this function meaning if u dont want to understand what the other guy wants(most times it will b flames xD) you can just click an function and disable it and stay as it is atm..if u wanna enable you can speak with the other person?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    could you possibly add a feauture that allows you to speak with opposite nation on PK zones? but like not everione likes this idea make it so you have to allow this function meaning if u dont want to understand what the other guy wants(most times it will b flames xD) you can just click an function and disable it and stay as it is atm..if u wanna enable you can speak with the other person?
    That can be worked, as I was/am intending to filter chat server-side instead of client-side so I can disable it at will, which.. I'd completely forgotten about until now. It may not be implemented in the exact manner described however.

Added to the to-do list, thanks.

On another note, implemented the PUS handler code. Took all of what, 5 minutes after I'd finally got a server up to dump the packets? Got kicked out of KO4U so many times for no reason at all (false detection) only to find out they didn't even have a PUS... yes guys, that was me, just being lazy & not putting up my local test server. :P
    Last edited by twostars; 04-26-2011 at 06:23 PM.

i assume you are making a huge progress lately =) gj

Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    I don't like this at all...

Half of the people will abuse this and call the other nation to come clean a spot so they can farm/exp there etc...

Even if you don't allow it, you'll be affected by this if someone else uses it...

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    I don't like this at all...

Half of the people will abuse this and call the other nation to come clean a spot so they can farm/exp there etc...

Even if you don't allow it, you'll be affected by this if someone else uses it...

+1, i dont like it either.

if u wanna talk with them, go msn or moradon lol

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Heh, unfortunately it's unlikely that it'll work out that way. But as I myself am an aussie I will do my best to work something out that works for us too - unfortunately, when timezones are involved it is simple impossible to perfectly time things to work for everyone everywhere. However, I'm thinking it shouldn't even be too much of an issue with the way I've currently got events planned out in my head. We'll see; beta should give us a fair idea of that anyway.
    its always been midnight or later for events on other servers
    what part of oz are you from ?
    i call shotgun on beta testing

what part of oz are you from ?
    Eek, "simple impossible". I'm on the border of VIC/NSW (technically in NSW).

i assume you are making a huge progress lately =) gj
    Definitely making the effort to get through as much as I can while I've got the time to. The to-do list is finally starting to dwindle down to "nothing", so back to work I go. :P

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM