Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by coolboyp2 They can't sue him in Australia. plus he's making the whole code from scratch so no ...
Page: 41

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    They can't sue him in Australia. plus he's making the whole code from scratch so no case.
    Learn your facts before you open your mouth again , you little bastard.
    That still makes it intellectual theft. And he's still using mgame's client.
    However. I doubt they care.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Umm, they did get koshu (or was it koshou?) down years ago. Must have been some little koreans vs little chinks thing.

So before the fannybandit zerg, google a little.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    That still makes it intellectual theft. And he's still using mgame's client.
    However. I doubt they care.
    They still can't sue him in australia...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    They still can't sue him in australia...
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Koopy View Post
    I hope you steal quite a bit of the population and get sued badly. So you will learn to never to make a private server.
    Who are you and why do you hate me again?

Edit:
    Ah, went through your previous posts. Just another one to add to your list, eh? Just a tip - you ought to try to at least stay on-topic half the time, if you're going to QQ at every post, lest you get banned.
    Last edited by twostars; 05-12-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    I doubt they care.
    Depends on the succes of this server.

The only reason why I might prefer USKO over a private server is the population... and this private server will surely be active enough so theres no reason why I would prefer usko over this one.

If people are able play on a private server for free (?), with less cheaters, less BS and high activity I can see this getting very popular.
    And if this happens, I'm sure they will care.

If mgames or whoever owns the "files" (I know the code is written from scratch but it's still based on mgames work) can proof that they are missing revenues due to the succes of this server I see no reason why he couldn't be sued in australia...

Edit: http://www.persbericht.nu/gamersfirs...ivate-servers/ Seems like they do care
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 05-12-2011 at 07:34 PM.

I'm just saying, If you do make a successful server, remember that you have a chance of being sued majorly. Whats going to stop Anonymous from calling that number ratting you out?

I am Timmeh Senior Member

I'm just saying, If you do make a successful server, remember that you have a chance of being sued majorly. Whats going to stop Anonymous from calling that number ratting you out?

Tel.: +49 – 6221 – 502 593 – 10

or

E-Mail: [email protected]
    Why would anonymous care about getting a knight online server shut down

and @ twostars so they can sue you if the dedicated is in Australia?

or

E-Mail: [email protected]
    I'm confused, as a german advertising/PR company why do they in particular care about the digital copyrights of either a US publisher or a Korean developer?

I agree, the threat is there, but how the hell are they relevant?

or

haha, fail.
    Thats the e-mail of the shaefer company... a public relations company and has nothing to do with gamersfirst . You can call them, they'll have no clue what u talk about. The phone and e-mail you quoted has nothing to do with the content of the article I posted.

Yeah, I noticed. I took that out, but you guys responded too fast. Silly me.

"The major issue with private servers is that they bypass the creative process of designers and developers. They make copies of the original game by using the creative assets of which they have no legal right to use. Please know that intellectual property has more than a monetary value; private server creators violate the intellectual property rights on games by using it for their own personal interest. It is for this reason that we take legal action against any and all private servers running GamersFirst games. There is no such thing as a GamersFirst-approved private server."

I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Koopy; 05-12-2011 at 07:24 PM.

"The major issue with private servers is that they bypass the creative process of designers and developers. They make copies of the original game by using the creative assets of which they have no legal right to use. Please know that intellectual property has more than a monetary value; private server creators violate the intellectual property rights on games by using it for their own personal interest. It is for this reason that we take legal action against any and all private servers running GamersFirst games. There is no such thing as a GamersFirst-approved private server."

I'm just saying.
    If you quote you're not supposed to edit stuff until it pleases you. You took this from the nexon forums where they talk about nexon-approved private servers, not gamersfirst.

Message is pretty valid tho.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 05-12-2011 at 07:37 PM.

LOL. Damn, I got caught fast. It didn't say gamersfirst, but nonethless. Pretty much the same thing.

Simontejuh, you're a funny guy.

there is a reason why tbl files client sided.you cant move all data to server side or the game will lagg like hell.
    even tho server code is rewritten i assume that u still use the original USKO client graphics so its still illegal.

its not enough to remake the server, you also have to write your own map,character editor tools to make this work good enough.

despite that, gl with the emulator

Community Nazý Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

I'm just saying.
    Doesn't matter. From what I gathered this server is far from a "copy" or even as much as "stolen assets" of the game. It is emulating a game, for all we care Twostars could name it Online Knights and pretend it to be a new game entirely. You'd have as much as similarities as HoN has to dota, or LoL.

Let us not forget that K2 Networks, or GamersFirst as they're called now, do not own any legal rights over the game, what-so-ever. They have a HOSTING license, and that's that. Which is the very same reason it is still so far behind as opposed to krko, cnko and twko (if these even still exist). Which basically means, they can't do shit about it in first place but perhaps inform the authorities and have them send you a DMCA letter. And even if so.. This is all still assuming we have the server hosted in the United States, or the HOSTER currently lives in the U.S.

Outside the U.S? Anything goes. The worst that could ever, in theory, happen, is a DMCA informing you that they disagree with you hosting the server and they MIGHT take legal action upon you if you don't close it down within so and so much time. Sure, they could always try to get mgames involved.. but we all know mgames doesn't care for this game anymore, hasn't since '04. Will they do something? Doubtful. But still, lets assume they do.. What do you think will it take a multi-million dollar industry, residing in Asia to take down a small, server within the EU, emulating a game that's similar to theirs.
    Last edited by schrotti; 05-12-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerydeft View Post
    there is a reason why tbl files client sided.you cant move all data to server side or the game will lagg like hell.
    Uh, my code's running just fine. I make it a point to keep it working as optimally as possible. Really though, what are you referring to specifically?

The attack/skill cooldowns/delays? Even designed poorly I can't see them being that insane of a performance hit as to start "lagging" the server; time, map, check. What else is there that's needed to be "shifted" server-side? All the usual checks should exist already, but how much of a hit is a simple (non-float) check anyway? A couple of instructions at best; absolutely nothing for a CPU these days. Even floats are handled insanely fast, though I be careful in my use of them to optimise compiled code.

The only thing I can think of that needs to be shifted server-side that (when written poorly) can lag out the server is the collision checks - but don't worry, I've already thought of that.

Bear in mind though that I'm not using pascal/delphi for any of this - that's where you will have had issues. Similarly to VB, it just doesn't compile neatly - always so very.. verbose and ugly.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM