Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree373Likes

OldKO[v1299] [Hard Farm] - Beta 8/15/2019 - Official 8/22/2019

This is a discussion on OldKO[v1299] [Hard Farm] - Beta 8/15/2019 - Official 8/22/2019 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Samson I'm gonna say as little as I possible could here. Emo, is very kind. From the ...
Page: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I'm gonna say as little as I possible could here.

Emo, is very kind. From the first time I logged into Beta, from the first time I logged into official. He treated me.. like a friend. Everything I told him he took into consideration. and he KNEW I wasn't gonna donate 1 penny cuz well Im pretty much a brokeass nigga and I even told him. He even increased Dark Pursuer to 350% because well, Archer is honestly trash on this server. He did it for me I was the only archer.

Emo is a people pleaser. He tries his best to please everyone. He made upgrading easier because people complained.. That alone made it medium farm, not hard. But I digress.

Server was rushed. Unfortunately.

Emo is NOT a bad guy. He's actually one of the nicest guy's in KO I ever met and I stand by that. But you can't release official with so many bugs.. You have to double check the work..

Whoever was doing the technical work.. check this, in beta, sound was working. I login and report all the bugs I see. EMO gives me his full attention. Instead of fixing bugs.. they make a new login screen, and make sounds not work anymore? not to mention not fix the bugs.

It Wasn't emo's job to fix this shit. He's the boss, the overseer, So hes not to blame. Did he double check the Devs work? No, but did the Dev do his job? Nope. Literally, all I see is a fuckin goddamn copy and paste database.

Attention to detail my friends, attention to detail..

Emo, I appreciate all the kindness you showed me. Don't let this shit get to you. Fuck the haters. I know, and YOU know, your intentions were pure. next time you will find a proper Technical guy and everything will work out fine.

-Patrick
    Thank you. This means a lot to me. I never wanted server launch to have 63 people. I wanted to succeed. Not to mention, I'm not fighting any of the chargebacks. This was all very emotionally and financially telling on me and my hard work didn't pay off. I'm down 1700 from starting this server. I paid over $350 for advertising and I get treated like I planned for server to fail.

This community; this reaction I'm getting from everyone except you; is why I'm leaving as soon as possible and going to play WoW classic and iRacing.

Toxicity at it's finest.
    Samson likes this.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmoPriest View Post
    Thank you. This means a lot to me. I never wanted server launch to have 63 people. I wanted to succeed. Not to mention, I'm not fighting any of the chargebacks. This was all very emotionally and financially telling on me and my hard work didn't pay off. I'm down 1700 from starting this server. I paid over $350 for advertising and I get treated like I planned for server to fail.

This community; this reaction I'm getting from everyone except you; is why I'm leaving as soon as possible and going to play WoW classic and iRacing.

Toxicity at it's finest.
    You choosed bad people to help and guide you, with 1.700 USD investement you should have 350 players right now, but if you don't know what you are doing and noone tells you even 5.000USD won't be enough. Even Flash would help you at least 3x better, and you choose Breezy even we all told you about him.

Also you spent 350usd on advertisement, but you don't have any advertisement because it was spent so poorly.. You have topic on ko4life, topic on fake cuce, and promoting facebook posts without proper targeting plan... There is so many free advertisements that you didn't do, let alone the paid one.

Everyone have some bad times, not every-time you can be happy with your product, however the determination of never giving up is the main key how to succeed in anything you do.
    Last edited by Dragula; 08-24-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    EmoPriest and Samson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragula View Post
    You choosed bad people to help and guide you, with 1.700 USD investement you should have 350 players right now, but if you don't know what you are doing and noone tells you even 5.000USD won't be enough. Even Flash would help you at least 3x better, and you choose Breezy even we all told you about him.

Also you spent 350usd on advertisement, but you don't have any advertisement because it was spent so poorly.. You have topic on ko4life, topic on fake cuce, and promoting facebook posts without proper targeting plan... There is so many free advertisements that you didn't do, let alone the paid one.

Everyone have some bad times, not every-time you can be happy with your product, however the determination of never giving up is the main key how to succeed in anything you do.

Since you tag me in i'll just drop a quick comment here. I only work with people that have established credentials and who I can trust. Sure "hire per task" might go through, but anything else is not going to fly with me. I've declined working with him and any many others that I've received PM's about, because many people do not have realistic views when it comes to running a server and this can be seen from the get-go here.
    The only server that I ever worked long-term as a dev is Global KO, because I fully trust deadhealer and we click well, he'll always have my support no matter the outcome, great person and most of all, realistic.

Working as a "dev to hire" is honestly quite a joke term when it comes to KO, there's not nearly enough money turned over to make it worthwhile compared to real job and everyone expects you
    to work for free and then "get paid when server makes donation", now everyone who ever ran a server knows how silly this sounds. Whoever has the knowledge will simply run their own server or help selective few if they are really on good terms.

It's quite simple, if you want someone else to do majority of things for you without having any real knowledge when it comes to it yourself, then be prepared to pay a proper salary for the dev or do it yourself, nobody is going to slave work for free, and don't expect people to invest hours upon hours of their time for peanut money outcome. Time is money, everybody knows that and nobody with real knowledge is going to risk their time in hopes of a "fugazi" plausible return, because they can work on their own projects and simply run their own servers.

Dragula does at least have few valid points, everybody can have a bad launch and everybody can have a good launch, it all comes down to timing and the concept people crave. It's not about money invested, but about reaching the very selective player base which actually plays these type of servers. Everybody has to invest money so saying we threw X amount into it doesn't really matter, because quite frankly all of us older devs invested at least 5x-10x if not more.
    Dragula likes this.

Probation Senior Member

Begging people to donate down to the wire when breezy shut you down. This is scamming. You need to personally go on paypal and refund every single person who donated. Never show your face around here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
    So, I guess I will clear some things up. (Kallop can feel free to ban after, but let Dragula (Grobar) roam the forum I suppose)

Emo came to me for help, as he had been turned away from another developer. I stepped in and helped him out, re-bought my IPB license (renewal), bought the forum host to host it, and got him some DDOS software to help relieve some attacks. He was extremely grateful for everything I did for him, and when he first said the official date, I didn't realize it was a Thursday at all as I wasn't paying much attention (I am very busy IRL), and he began paying for FB advertising and me and some others said Facebook wouldn't be the greatest outlet, but he continued, he is a bit stubborn but not in a bad nature type way. Well, I found out he had paid for KO-Cuce, the "fake" one, when he just PM'd me and told me about it, I have been out of the advertising game for a while so I was unaware there was two different outlets, so shame on me for not knowing, and shame on him for just pulling the trigger on something he doesn't know much about. So fast forward, we have a date, during this entire period of getting to official, a week and half before, my boss (IRL) resigns from his position, and I am promoted to said position in under a week. My responsibilities legitimately tripled IRL and I got busy, and I expressed my concern I didn't think I would make the deadline (I told him in the beginning before hand I would need time as I am busy IRL), but he was also very persistent (as he can be, he paid for advertising and to pull it all back would have set him back financially) so he moved forward, (I should have been more stern and told him no, but to be honest I didn't wish to argue or debate over it). During beta, I got multiple reports, these reports I would work on... after working 12-14 hour shifts (I am on call 24/7) and would work on them well into the AM and then wake up in 3-4 hours and go to work all while maintaining my kid and such. I did this when I had the time, and it is limited and he knew about it. But again... it came down to financial issues being low, and before you all say: "You should of told him you were too busy and he could of got someone else." Yeah, with the budget he had, no one would have done anything, so.

Now let's get to my pay and everything else, I made about $279 from him on Facebook, and $67 on PayPal, grand total I made about - $346. I easily put in 30 hours in the time I worked on it, so put that to about $11 an hour? I can assure everyone, not many developers would have done what I did for him for this amount, I can promise you. The database isn't copy and pasted as some of you claim to think... this is my Surge Network DB, with my Apollo KO DB mixed together and some of the Web Developers DB mixed (he offered), and it came out to be quite the mess, not going to lie. I could fix it, but I needed time, something I didn't have. I even took my monthly cost down from 250 to 100 to allow him to better manage the server financially. It is very easy to judge a person on this forum for not completing tasks, but until you are behind actually doing the work for the price I was doing it and have my IRL time restrictions, you have no room to speak.

I have nothing against Emo, he is definitely a person who tries his best and he did bust his ass on doing drops and the more tedious tasks. It came down to financial trouble that influenced a lot of his decisions, and I don't fault him for it... we have all been in tight spots and make decisions based on it all. Whether or not they were the right decisions, well, that is for you to judge. I wish him nothing but the best of luck on whatever he does next and there are no hard feelings between me and him.

To the staff of Old-KO, Bjorn and Shazz, thank you for the kind words.

@Samson,

They make a new login screen? Sounds not working? Login screen was done by our GFXer, I didn't touch it. Sounds not working? Hmm, maybe Emo or I removed SND folder to reduce the size of the client, that legit takes two seconds. Bugs being reported take a bit more time.

@DaSinister,

Unsure how you are still on this forum, wishing cancer upon my child is something that makes me sick to my stomach, since we are on the topic of making people sick.

This is all I am going to reply too and it is all I have to say.
    We don't give af about you. You are corrupted and a huge mfkin scammer. About DaSinister he wrote it on Discord he can't be banned for that in gamers4life cuz it's done outside of ko4life. Really get a fkin brain.
    DaSinister likes this.

Is making fun of other servers, telling them they did mistakes like you are a god in creating servers but you failed 2 servers in 2 weeks time #BlessedKO XD. Maybe stop write bullshit and go outside sometimes really you are 24/7 on this forum. Go get a brain like ur father DaSinister should do to.
    nickos3 likes this.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotPwndByMyAss View Post
    Is making fun of other servers, telling them they did mistakes like you are a god in creating servers but you failed 2 servers in 2 weeks time #BlessedKO XD. Maybe stop write bullshit and go outside sometimes really you are 24/7 on this forum. Go get a brain like ur father DaSinister should do to.
    Dont bother replying this this gay little shat for brains. He is looking for attention because we slapped him up with a quickness. Another salty broke bum.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSinister View Post
    Dont bother replying this this gay little shat for brains. He is looking for attention because we slapped him up with a quickness. Another salty broke bum.

Nice wish cancer on people their baby's get a life really i make comment after my work and u instantly reply. Really go outside you are 32 years old and still 24/7 on forum i'm sure u don't have a wife you don't have a job all you have is gamers4life.com go get a life really aSD:a And still after all this years spamming gamers4life killing riote atrosses you suck like every fkin peruvian that's around here.

Both BlessedKO servers had 300+ players online. The server is still online, it's been 2 months since the launch.
    It's not my fault that moderators deleted the topic, and all the players from BlessedKO went to ProfessionalKO.
    BlessedKO was done good, a lot of users a lot of activity, stability, custom events, custom features..... Sadly it lost battle to ProfessionalKO. If the ProfessionalKO didn't launch, the server would still have 300+.

People put more hopes on ProffKO than BlessedKO, because the brand of ProffKO is here for long time, and BlessedKO was a new unknown server, which was attacked by Nikos and Moderators that got topic deleted also.

But, other than the brand name, can you tell me one thing why ProffKO was better choice than BlessedKO? ... I mean BlessedKO had more players on the launch, and 0 negative comments, untill it was attacked by Nikos and Moderators..... But yes, It's not a secret.... It was battle between BlessedKO and ProffessionalKO..... That's why Nikos made Kallop delete the topic.

Both BlessedKO servers had 300+ players online. The server is still online, it's been 2 months since the launch.
    It's not my fault that moderators deleted the topic, and all the players from BlessedKO went to ProfessionalKO.
    BlessedKO was done good, a lot of users a lot of activity, stability, custom events, custom features..... Sadly it lost battle to ProfessionalKO. If the ProfessionalKO didn't launch, the server would still have 300+.

People put more hopes on ProffKO than BlessedKO, because the brand of ProffKO is here for long time, and BlessedKO was a new unknown server, which was attacked by Nikos and Moderators that got topic deleted also.

But, other than the brand name, can you tell me one thing why ProffKO was better choice than BlessedKO? ... I mean BlessedKO had more players on the launch, and 0 negative comments, untill it was attacked by Nikos and Moderators..... But yes, It's not a secret.... It was battle between BlessedKO and ProffessionalKO..... That's why Nikos made Kallop delete the topic.
    Ur server died in 2 days many bugs especially the descent skill was fucked up. Never saw 300 users btw. And still i think you are Grobar and if this is not true u are still defending him really hard means you are a bad guy aswell. Since that guy is a scammer, hacker, and is corrupted asf. So 1 big trash IMO you and ur server.

ProfessionalKO was really fun in the start. I had dragon in there first few weeks but i quitted the server cuz it was very boring cuz of the items in there. Talia Armors, Weapon Defense Armors. I was hitting priests on full Strength 300. Brainless players like DaSinister have to much time to switch an item or use descent cure etc. There is no skill in the server. Just *Z Skill PK* So that's why i left. Nothing against Nikos tho. He's a chill admin just the server is not my style ^^
    nickos3 likes this.

Banned Regular Member

Calls me a broke bum, but streams runescape for money. Yikes. Git got.

Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skill zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skill zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skill
    YouGotPwndByMyAss likes this.

Ur server died in 2 days many bugs especially the descent skill was fucked up. Never saw 300 users btw. And still i think you are Grobar and if this is not true u are still defending him really hard means you are a bad guy aswell. Since that guy is a scammer, hacker, and is corrupted asf. So 1 big trash IMO you and ur server.
    You really hating so much. I mean you are the one that chargedback 10.00 USD from a server xD (Claiming you didn't get what you paid for) I can't take you serious if you have to lie for 10.00 bucks.

If you can make a nice joke, to make me laugh i'll deposit you 10usd coz it means so much for you... Check about me, I probably donated to YouTube live streamers more than you ever did for Knight Cash... so I'm not joking, make some fun stories and I'll tip you.

Quote Originally Posted by BENBESTEST View Post
    Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skill zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skill zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skill
    3 2 1 click

Quote Originally Posted by BENBESTEST View Post
    YouGotPwndByMyAss and Vegeta like this.