Page 168 of 395 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5922
Like Tree580Likes

OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours

This is a discussion on OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Here is how I imagine item drop works. You're killing dm with your party. You kill 1 every 30 seconds ...
Page: 168


  1. #2506
    Forever Alone Senior Member ilterates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Here is how I imagine item drop works. You're killing dm with your party. You kill 1 every 30 seconds and after 10 dm you got one raptor. there is another party next to you but they kill slowly. they kill one dm per minute. After 10 minutes they got 2 raptors. Why? because you got the ones without drop.

    P.S. I don't know koding, I don't know anything about how game works database wise in these subjects but as a player that's how I imagine it works. It's all about luck.

  2. #2507
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    Here is how I imagine item drop works. You're killing dm with your party. You kill 1 every 30 seconds and after 10 dm you got one raptor. there is another party next to you but they kill slowly. they kill one dm per minute. After 10 minutes they got 2 raptors. Why? because you got the ones without drop.

    P.S. I don't know koding, I don't know anything about how game works database wise in these subjects but as a player that's how I imagine it works. It's all about luck.
    Luck and probabilities. They go hand in hand.

  3. #2508
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    hi guys i join here !!! n i looking good clan

  4. #2509
    Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    Here is how I imagine item drop works. You're killing dm with your party. You kill 1 every 30 seconds and after 10 dm you got one raptor. there is another party next to you but they kill slowly. they kill one dm per minute. After 10 minutes they got 2 raptors. Why? because you got the ones without drop.

    P.S. I don't know koding, I don't know anything about how game works database wise in these subjects but as a player that's how I imagine it works. It's all about luck.
    Item drops work like this, lets say you set a drop on a mob at 20%, that means that when you kill a mob you have a 20% chance of getting a drop. What people don't understand is that the percentage does NOT stack up, most people assume that since it's set to 20% that means 1 out of 5 mobs should drop one time, but that's not how it works, the way drop percentages work is that every mob you only have a 20% chance of getting a drop, it doesnt matter if you've killed 5 or 50 every single one of those mobs you only have a 1/5 chance of getting a drop, that's why sometimes you'll see someone rarely get a drop and sometimes you'll see someone get a bunch in a row.

    It's all just chance and luck, same thing goes for the anvil, just cause going +7 is set at 15% doesn't mean that you'll have at least 1 success out of 7 automatically, it just means everytime you go to +7 or whatever + you're going to you have that much % of a chance of succeeding, your chances don't really increase with the more mobs you kill or items you upgrade, only your chance of being lucky increases.

  5. #2510
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    Item drops work like this, lets say you set a drop on a mob at 20%, that means that when you kill a mob you have a 20% chance of getting a drop. What people don't understand is that the percentage does NOT stack up, most people assume that since it's set to 20% that means 1 out of 5 mobs should drop one time, but that's not how it works, the way drop percentages work is that every mob you only have a 20% chance of getting a drop, it doesnt matter if you've killed 5 or 50 every single one of those mobs you only have a 1/5 chance of getting a drop, that's why sometimes you'll see someone rarely get a drop and sometimes you'll see someone get a bunch in a row.

    It's all just chance and luck, same thing goes for the anvil, just cause going +7 is set at 15% doesn't mean that you'll have at least 1 success out of 7 automatically, it just means everytime you go to +7 or whatever + you're going to you have that much % of a chance of succeeding, your chances don't really increase with the more mobs you kill or items you upgrade, only your chance of being lucky increases.
    It never works that way but it's the basic idea. Because 10% = one out of 10 or 10 out of 100. It doesn't actually work the way ppl think and they do know it but it's easier to think about the rates in that way.

  6. #2511
    Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    It never works that way but it's the basic idea. Because 10% = one out of 10 or 10 out of 100. It doesn't actually work the way ppl think and they do know it but it's easier to think about the rates in that way.
    what I was stating is that people think they automatically have a chance of getting it if they add up all the percentages so 10% should = 1 out of 10 but in reality 10% equals 10% per mob and the more you kill DOES NOT add up, people assume 1 mob = 10%, 2 mobs = 20%, 3 mobs = 30%, etc, but in reality it's 1 mob = 10%, 2 mobs = 10%, 3 mobs = 10%, the only difference is that the more you kill the chance of you getting lucky and getting a drop goes up, simple as that, all about luck and chance.

  7. #2512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    How can this still be 'oldskool' with all the new crazy features ... ?
    Your server USED to match that name, but those days are far gone my friend..
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

  8. #2513
    Senior Member Fluppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minhavez View Post
    How can this still be 'oldskool' with all the new crazy features ... ?
    Your server USED to match that name, but those days are far gone my friend..
    if you would have read the first post you had understood why they cant keep the server as back in time myko days.

    Gogogogo

  9. #2514
    Senior Member StrongOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    395

    Default

    damn new server gunna be the shit.,...gunna have to try it for sure .been playing off and on since first server opened ..lets see how it goes.. free bump for gg server

  10. #2515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Leicester, England
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    If I make an account now and put some kc on it I can use it when the new server is out right?

  11. #2516
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    If I make an account now and put some kc on it I can use it when the new server is out right?
    Don't think it's worth the risk to do that. I think they will have to make two separate panels which kinda makes things complicated. Guess it'd mean you donated to the old server but not to the new one.

  12. #2517
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    If I make an account now and put some kc on it I can use it when the new server is out right?

    Yes you can purchase knight cash, no need to create an account again on the new panel, when kronos be launched just type your ID, then create your new character on logos and use your knight cash you purchased at xydonis, simple

    Mers likes puppets so he suggested me to do something different for all of our schoolers, something special, he brought a puppet and I gave my voice, this is what we got, watch on 720HD, I hope you enjoy it


    Last edited by Professor; 12-07-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    doomdudenoob and WUTANG like this.

  13. #2518
    Steven Senior Member doomdudenoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    405

    Default

    hahahah nice video Prof, didn't know you were so fluent in English, unless it wasn't you
    Last edited by doomdudenoob; 12-07-2012 at 04:10 AM.

  14. #2519
    Member RRRAMBOSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    No he didn't?
    He clearly said it could drop on the first out of 50, or the last out of 50.

    Lmao read.

  15. #2520
    u jelly aviv Senior Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRAMBOSSS View Post
    He clearly said it could drop on the first out of 50, or the last out of 50.

    Lmao read.
    Yes but he was going off Mythlost's example of 1/50 and not using the actual rate.

    Lmao reading comprehension.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 4
    08-23-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. Hits: 16
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    08-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  6. Hits: 1
    08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
  7. Hits: 4
    07-28-2015, 10:25 PM
  8. Hits: 1
    07-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  9. Hits: 6
    07-15-2015, 11:14 PM
  10. Hits: 3
    06-01-2015, 03:06 AM
  11. Hits: 4
    05-02-2015, 10:50 AM
  12. Hits: 1
    05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
  13. Hits: 6
    05-01-2015, 10:34 PM
  14. Hits: 4
    03-13-2015, 04:04 PM
  15. Hits: 5
    10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
  16. Hits: 1
    09-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  17. Hits: 12
    08-18-2014, 12:50 PM
  18. Hits: 2
    07-30-2014, 04:54 PM
  19. Hits: 11
    07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
  20. Hits: 3
    01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
  21. Hits: 6
    01-05-2014, 03:52 AM
  22. Hits: 3
    12-29-2013, 06:09 AM
  23. Hits: 34
    12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
  24. Hits: 2
    12-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  25. Hits: 71
    12-14-2013, 10:16 AM
  26. Hits: 2
    11-17-2013, 02:35 PM
  27. Hits: 1
    10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
  28. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
  29. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  30. Hits: 13
    07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  31. Hits: 8
    07-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  32. Hits: 1
    07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  33. Hits: 2
    07-05-2013, 12:13 AM
  34. Hits: 3
    05-22-2013, 06:18 PM
  35. Hits: 45
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  36. Hits: 1
    03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
  37. Hits: 2
    03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  38. Hits: 1
    02-27-2013, 06:13 AM
  39. Hits: 2
    02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
  40. Hits: 3
    02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  41. Hits: 6
    02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
  42. Hits: 2
    01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  43. Hits: 2
    01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  44. Hits: 14
    12-31-2012, 07:24 AM
  45. Hits: 4
    12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
  46. Hits: 11
    12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  47. Hits: 8
    12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  48. Hits: 2
    12-22-2012, 12:21 AM
  49. Hits: 1
    12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
  50. Hits: 4
    12-19-2012, 12:44 AM

Similar Threads

  1. LosViejos Knight Online Reborn Server 25 April Official
    By JohnnyBeGood in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  3. Best thread ever on the official forum
    By OLD1953 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
  5. We need the official ranking back...
    By Suicune in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •