Page 354 of 395 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344350351352353354355356357358 364 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5922
Like Tree580Likes

OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours

This is a discussion on OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Many of you have been asking which version we are going to use, and it's going to be 19xx this ...
Page: 354


  1. #5296
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Many of you have been asking which version we are going to use, and it's going to be 19xx this time around instead of the older 1299 or the more recent 18xx that we used in Vulcano.

    Turns out 1299 actually has several disadvantages:
    I'm sorry, while I completely agree in principle, your entire list makes no sense...?

    -Ver. 1299 doesn't allow more than 1500 users.
    Not a big deal because of subservers/zone changes (which aren't fully supported in the unofficial files), but it's not true; back in KO Crusade I tested increasing the limit, which really didn't take more than half an hour. It worked well, though caused a crash I didn't have time to deal with, with other issues at the time, simply because I patched one too many things (I patched something unrelated by accident), and was too busy with other issues at the time to run through the list to see which one shouldn't have been there. Otherwise, it worked fine without too much hassle.

    -Ver. 1299 servers are often chaotic on release due to the amount of people trying to log at the same time, which leads to unwanted disconnections and various other login issues that aren't present in 19xx servers.
    This is very vague and generic, but I can't actually think of any 'unwanted disconnections' or 'various other login issues' that affect 1.298 OR newer clients (/ servers). The only issue that comes to mind is the client spamming the server at the server list, but that still exists even in 2.0xx.
    It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm going to have to assume you mean its reliance on its single-threaded separate-process Aujard setup in place of a multithreaded database request setup as your files are now using, but that's actually something you could have done with 1.298 if you cared to; the only thing needed changing was the main request handler. I haven't done this on the database-request side because it isn't a huge deal (so long as the procs are running fast, it's fast enough to leave alone), but I did make the requests themselves multithreaded, over TCP/IP rather than its dodgy shared memory setup.
    Just bear in mind that official files still use shared memory in the exact same way, I changed this, because the setup made no sense to me. While the shared memory setup suffers performance wise, it does actually offer one benefit -- preserving data in case of a crash, which you can use to ensure everyone's saved. To combat this, I just save more frequently and implement a crash handler to attempting saving on crash.

    -Ver. 1299 requires a server restart everytime the login server goes down.
    That's not a limitation of 1.298 / stock files though, that's most certainly a limit of your login server / custom stuff. I've never had to do that once with 1.298.

    -Ver. 1299 has more lenience when it comes to creating / using cheats.
    This isn't true either. If your argument is more you have access to implement more prevention, being you have access to the source code, then sure. But of course that applies to 1.298 as well.
    There's really only one improvement 1.9xx has over 1.298 in that specific department; (slightly) improved movement updates, making speed hacking so much easier to check for. Having said that, they also disabled the packets they used for their speedhack checks, so you win some, you lose some....

    *None of the above can be fixed in the 1299 version due to how old the files are, and the way its database is structured.
    Oddly enough, the database layout has never been much of an issue. For the most part, anything important is accessed indirectly, so you can change it as you please. That said, none of the above even relate to the database, so...

    There's a lot of reasons for using 1.9xx over 1.298, but not a single one of the listed reasons even make sense...

  2. #5297
    Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nerf Master Suck Town
    Posts
    963

    Default

    ScreameR and NoOneCanStopMe like this.

  3. #5298
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    4,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'm sorry, while I completely agree in principle, your entire list makes no sense...?


    Not a big deal because of subservers/zone changes (which aren't fully supported in the unofficial files), but it's not true; back in KO Crusade I tested increasing the limit, which really didn't take more than half an hour. It worked well, though caused a crash I didn't have time to deal with, with other issues at the time, simply because I patched one too many things (I patched something unrelated by accident), and was too busy with other issues at the time to run through the list to see which one shouldn't have been there. Otherwise, it worked fine without too much hassle.


    This is very vague and generic, but I can't actually think of any 'unwanted disconnections' or 'various other login issues' that affect 1.298 OR newer clients (/ servers). The only issue that comes to mind is the client spamming the server at the server list, but that still exists even in 2.0xx.
    It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm going to have to assume you mean its reliance on its single-threaded separate-process Aujard setup in place of a multithreaded database request setup as your files are now using, but that's actually something you could have done with 1.298 if you cared to; the only thing needed changing was the main request handler. I haven't done this on the database-request side because it isn't a huge deal (so long as the procs are running fast, it's fast enough to leave alone), but I did make the requests themselves multithreaded, over TCP/IP rather than its dodgy shared memory setup.
    Just bear in mind that official files still use shared memory in the exact same way, I changed this, because the setup made no sense to me. While the shared memory setup suffers performance wise, it does actually offer one benefit -- preserving data in case of a crash, which you can use to ensure everyone's saved. To combat this, I just save more frequently and implement a crash handler to attempting saving on crash.


    That's not a limitation of 1.298 / stock files though, that's most certainly a limit of your login server / custom stuff. I've never had to do that once with 1.298.


    This isn't true either. If your argument is more you have access to implement more prevention, being you have access to the source code, then sure. But of course that applies to 1.298 as well.
    There's really only one improvement 1.9xx has over 1.298 in that specific department; (slightly) improved movement updates, making speed hacking so much easier to check for. Having said that, they also disabled the packets they used for their speedhack checks, so you win some, you lose some....


    Oddly enough, the database layout has never been much of an issue. For the most part, anything important is accessed indirectly, so you can change it as you please. That said, none of the above even relate to the database, so...

    There's a lot of reasons for using 1.9xx over 1.298, but not a single one of the listed reasons even make sense...
    The main reason is, they worked on the client for a long time and thus they force themselves to use it. They could use the old files that would still work, but the 19xx client provides some new money making methods (cospre items) so they decide not to.

    I mean I kind of understand that after working on something for a long time, it would feel bad to just throw it all away and stick to the old stuff. But I'm afraid that the older client is what most people prefer after all.

  4. #5299
    Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    843

    Default

    twostars still talking to people as if they have any idea about developing whatsoever <3

  5. #5300
    Senior Member Ethernal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Mers hasnt messaged me yet on Roc/Rol/Iron set prices yet =[
    ilovemyko1 and Kallop like this.

  6. #5301
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    I see that the replies about announcements have come quickly, I understand that server owners or regular players that play in other servers see us as a threat, it's part of the challenge and I understand it, thank you for your comments, but I know what I'm saying.

    I hope that someday I can read criticism from someone that has been able to sustain a server and keep a good reputation for so long like us, in any case, this is a free forum and your criticism is welcome, it helps us improve

    The 19xx version gives us improvements in the game's playability, not related to money making, because in the 1299 version you could sell PUS items with the same cospre characteristics, by the way, in the announcement it is stated that we won't sell cospre items , I believe some of you should learn the post again so you understand what Kratos is all about

    See you all tomorrow in the Beta

  7. #5302
    Senior Member Ces0ir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    116

    Default

    twostars. do you realize that if you stopped sitting on this forum and typing pages of bullshit daily, maybe your server would already be finished & ready? I hope this time you wont just ban turkey ip to save your server from ddos like you did the last time.
    MINO and stimpy like this.

  8. #5303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I see that the replies about announcements have come quickly, I understand that server owners or regular players that play in other servers see us as a threat, it's part of the challenge and I understand it, thank you for your comments, but I know what I'm saying.

    I hope that someday I can read criticism from someone that has been able to sustain a server and keep a good reputation for so long like us, in any case, this is a free forum and your criticism is welcome, it helps us improve
    So... you're completely dismissing everything I said without even bothering to clarify any one of the points on your list, just because it was me who said something? Really? ;_;
    Well, whatever... I guess I shouldn't have expected any real response anyway...

    I was really hoping I was just missing something that you didn't explain well enough in your post though.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    twostars still talking to people as if they have any idea about developing whatsoever <3
    I'd really like to have faith in at least one person (or well, one project, since Professor isn't a developer) working with the source, but when they post nonsense like that, it's really hard...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ces0ir View Post
    twostars. do you realize that if you stopped sitting on this forum and typing pages of bullshit daily, maybe your server would already be finished & ready? I hope this time you wont just ban turkey ip to save your server from ddos like you did the last time.
    I'm sorry I offended any OSKO fanboys who can't see the BS for themselves when it's staring them in the face. For the record though, I've never blacklisted Turkish IP ranges -- if they were blacklisted, it was done so automatically because the abuse was coming from those IP addresses, not because they were generically blacklisted.

    Jesus, people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The main reason is, they worked on the client for a long time and thus they force themselves to use it. They could use the old files that would still work, but the 19xx client provides some new money making methods (cospre items) so they decide not to.

    I mean I kind of understand that after working on something for a long time, it would feel bad to just throw it all away and stick to the old stuff. But I'm afraid that the older client is what most people prefer after all.
    Yeah, I get that. I wouldn't want to go back either. The reasons for doing so just seem so contrived though; literally not a single one of the reasons listed is a valid reason. Of all the compelling reasons to pick, lol
    MySexualIntention likes this.

  9. #5304
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Typical, "We failed even though we generate tons of money off you dumbasses who keep returning over and over after every single wipe, so we will do another wipe!"

  10. #5305
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Typical, "We failed even though we generate tons of money off you dumbasses who keep returning over and over after every single wipe, so we will do another wipe!"
    I think the only who wiped servers was you and not us

    Also we have disabled many stuff from our pus, so that argument of "money making" really doesn't work and i don't know why you care so much how much we could earn, also i dont get how a double face person like you have blood on his face to keep posting here despite all what you have done when i decided to trust you once, long time ago.

    Regards
    nickos3 likes this.

  11. #5306
    Senior Member Ces0ir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    116

    Default

    This isnt about being a fan boy. I can compare you to the kids that watch boxing and say he shouldve done this or that while they havent even thrown a punch. You forget the excuses you made when you were a big part of nodramako. I genuinely hope your server is a success but overtime I have realized that you are mostly all talk.

  12. #5307
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    718

    Default

    I recall giving Professor ideas on how to make money out of this and him rejecting it respectfully.

    Money making? Maybe enough to pay Netflix monthly, but certainly not a scam like most of the other servers.

  13. #5308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80

    Default

    what happend our old kcs? old accounts? i give you money for use this kc's i hope we can use old account(kcs) on new server too.

  14. #5309
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GangnamStyle View Post
    what happend our old kcs? old accounts? i give you money for use this kc's i hope we can use old account(kcs) on new server too.
    everything has been carefuly explained on the announcement gangnam, also the old accounts remain, you can use your old id to create new account on kratos

  15. #5310
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I think the only who wiped servers was you and not us

    Also we have disabled many stuff from our pus, so that argument of "money making" really doesn't work and i don't know why you care so much how much we could earn, also i dont get how a double face person like you have blood on his face to keep posting here despite all what you have done when i decided to trust you once, long time ago.

    Regards
    I got nothing personal against you, but OldSchoolKO has proven us nothing apart of big money-whore bullcrap over and over again, and that's exactly what you are aiming for right now once again. You had success no doubt on that one, but to me it's starting to be 1 big money-project and for me that's not what KO private servers should be made for.

    Yes, you're right about the fact that people criticize you while they have no idea about the developing thing themselves. And i admire your skills and what you've accomplished in the KO private server scene, but your goals is nothing apart of money, and you can't deny that.

    Let alone the fact that you couldn't care less about the players their work in your server, and the amount of money they've put in when you wipe their characters and items over and over again. I honestly speaking don't care about that because i know it's a private server, but i can imagine some people would really feel fucked over when they log in and see all their hours of playtime are gone once again.

    Anyways, i'm done judging you about how you run your server, i left this server long time ago and won't be bothered coming back at all as i have more fun in USKO, and i'm pretty sure it'll stay like that. Good luck with your new server Kratos.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 4
    08-23-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. Hits: 16
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    08-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  6. Hits: 1
    08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
  7. Hits: 4
    07-28-2015, 10:25 PM
  8. Hits: 1
    07-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  9. Hits: 6
    07-15-2015, 11:14 PM
  10. Hits: 3
    06-01-2015, 03:06 AM
  11. Hits: 4
    05-02-2015, 10:50 AM
  12. Hits: 1
    05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
  13. Hits: 6
    05-01-2015, 10:34 PM
  14. Hits: 4
    03-13-2015, 04:04 PM
  15. Hits: 5
    10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
  16. Hits: 1
    09-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  17. Hits: 12
    08-18-2014, 12:50 PM
  18. Hits: 2
    07-30-2014, 04:54 PM
  19. Hits: 11
    07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
  20. Hits: 3
    01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
  21. Hits: 6
    01-05-2014, 03:52 AM
  22. Hits: 3
    12-29-2013, 06:09 AM
  23. Hits: 34
    12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
  24. Hits: 2
    12-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  25. Hits: 71
    12-14-2013, 10:16 AM
  26. Hits: 2
    11-17-2013, 02:35 PM
  27. Hits: 1
    10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
  28. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
  29. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  30. Hits: 13
    07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  31. Hits: 8
    07-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  32. Hits: 1
    07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  33. Hits: 2
    07-05-2013, 12:13 AM
  34. Hits: 3
    05-22-2013, 06:18 PM
  35. Hits: 45
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  36. Hits: 1
    03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
  37. Hits: 2
    03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  38. Hits: 1
    02-27-2013, 06:13 AM
  39. Hits: 2
    02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
  40. Hits: 3
    02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  41. Hits: 6
    02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
  42. Hits: 2
    01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  43. Hits: 2
    01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  44. Hits: 14
    12-31-2012, 07:24 AM
  45. Hits: 4
    12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
  46. Hits: 11
    12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  47. Hits: 8
    12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  48. Hits: 2
    12-22-2012, 12:21 AM
  49. Hits: 1
    12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
  50. Hits: 4
    12-19-2012, 12:44 AM

Similar Threads

  1. LosViejos Knight Online Reborn Server 25 April Official
    By JohnnyBeGood in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  3. Best thread ever on the official forum
    By OLD1953 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
  5. We need the official ranking back...
    By Suicune in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •