Page 356 of 395 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346352353354355356357358359360 366 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5922
Like Tree580Likes

OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours

This is a discussion on OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ironicaly, however, you know me as a being a gamer for a long time on a lot of private servers. ...
Page: 356


  1. #5326
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Ironicaly, however, you know me as a being a gamer for a long time on a lot of private servers. I can tell you from my observation of stuff. I've checked servers that basicaly had no PUS, last one being Quarantine KO. I liked it even tho i'm known baba shopper for mostly anywhere I played. My team were doing great there top 1 clan still, server died out really fast tho and started with decent population, died in less then week. However to get on point ... Players love to baba shop, for some reason (and there's more and more of those that can afford it) as soon as there are KC vouchers in PUS. There will be gold farmers or item farmers selling them for KC, and there will be baba shoppers buying stuff for KC vouchers. And somehow that type of gaming nowadays is the most active really. I mean it makes the most active server and market on the server. How? I don't know, never studied economics really... but it does.

    Community is well awared there is no server that will last year or 2 or so on (or whoever is not awared of it is a, pardon my french, damn fool). But they still choose to play and spend money on it. Why ? because they have fun and obivously they must have money. Nothing wrong with that. In my eyes still more healthy to spend few hundreds of bucks on a game then alchohol or drugs, whatever works for someone when it comes to entertainment really.

    But some of you making comments, servers relaunching, stealing money and so forth. Really doesn't make sense. If you're long enough on PSKO section on these forum so far, you should have realized every server dies out at one point or another. And by donating you are not "paying for service" you are donating which nobody is forcing you to do so.

    Now you will ask, so why doesn't everyone try to open server, squeeze out some money and close it? First of all, you need to build up a reputation to get player base to even have some donations to be worth while. Second of all if you will open it for a week and close it and keep money and re open. Nobody will take you seriously, you might pull it off max 2 or 3 times considering how stupid the community is nowadays, but no way to pull it of more frequently than that.
    By building up a strong player base like OSKO did manage, or what I was trying aswell and some other admins, One will simply not afford to try give sense to people that they are being scammed in anyway nor will one close the server when it's still being active. But when server dies out and people are requesting relaunch (not all obviously but enough for owners to decide to actually do it apparently) don't see why not do it.

    In reality people are really jumping the servers only for the fresh start thrill of each and every one of them. Either that or trying to find the perfect Private server concept, which they never can and never will cause to many different tastes :P
    MINO and DragonWarrior like this.

  2. #5327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    everything has been carefuly explained on the announcement gangnam, also the old accounts remain, you can use your old id to create new account on kratos
    professor that wasnt explainedd on the announcement actually, so you saying, i can create a new character on kratos with my old account and i can use my old KC's too? is it true?

  3. #5328
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Ironicaly, however, you know me as a being a gamer for a long time on a lot of private servers. I can tell you from my observation of stuff. I've checked servers that basicaly had no PUS, last one being Quarantine KO. I liked it even tho i'm known baba shopper for mostly anywhere I played. My team were doing great there top 1 clan still, server died out really fast tho and started with decent population, died in less then week. However to get on point ... Players love to baba shop, for some reason (and there's more and more of those that can afford it) as soon as there are KC vouchers in PUS. There will be gold farmers or item farmers selling them for KC, and there will be baba shoppers buying stuff for KC vouchers. And somehow that type of gaming nowadays is the most active really. I mean it makes the most active server and market on the server. How? I don't know, never studied economics really... but it does.

    Community is well awared there is no server that will last year or 2 or so on (or whoever is not awared of it is a, pardon my french, damn fool). But they still choose to play and spend money on it. Why ? because they have fun and obivously they must have money. Nothing wrong with that. In my eyes still more healthy to spend few hundreds of bucks on a game then alchohol or drugs, whatever works for someone when it comes to entertainment really.

    But some of you making comments, servers relaunching, stealing money and so forth. Really doesn't make sense. If you're long enough on PSKO section on these forum so far, you should have realized every server dies out at one point or another. And by donating you are not "paying for service" you are donating which nobody is forcing you to do so.

    Now you will ask, so why doesn't everyone try to open server, squeeze out some money and close it? First of all, you need to build up a reputation to get player base to even have some donations to be worth while. Second of all if you will open it for a week and close it and keep money and re open. Nobody will take you seriously, you might pull it off max 2 or 3 times considering how stupid the community is nowadays, but no way to pull it of more frequently than that.
    By building up a strong player base like OSKO did manage, or what I was trying aswell and some other admins, One will simply not afford to try give sense to people that they are being scammed in anyway nor will one close the server when it's still being active. But when server dies out and people are requesting relaunch (not all obviously but enough for owners to decide to actually do it apparently) don't see why not do it.

    In reality people are really jumping the servers only for the fresh start thrill of each and every one of them. Either that or trying to find the perfect Private server concept, which they never can and never will cause to many different tastes :P
    ProfessionalKO is going to last at least for a year, for sure.
    Diver likes this.

  4. #5329
    Senior Member stimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Yes if u have kc u will be able to use it,but if u have KC Vouchers u will have to make em in to kc before the Beta ends,or else you will end up with no kc at all.

  5. #5330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colombia,not Peru
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Ironicaly, however, you know me as a being a gamer for a long time on a lot of private servers. I can tell you from my observation of stuff. I've checked servers that basicaly had no PUS, last one being Quarantine KO. I liked it even tho i'm known baba shopper for mostly anywhere I played. My team were doing great there top 1 clan still, server died out really fast tho and started with decent population, died in less then week. However to get on point ... Players love to baba shop, for some reason (and there's more and more of those that can afford it) as soon as there are KC vouchers in PUS. There will be gold farmers or item farmers selling them for KC, and there will be baba shoppers buying stuff for KC vouchers. And somehow that type of gaming nowadays is the most active really. I mean it makes the most active server and market on the server. How? I don't know, never studied economics really... but it does.

    Community is well awared there is no server that will last year or 2 or so on (or whoever is not awared of it is a, pardon my french, damn fool). But they still choose to play and spend money on it. Why ? because they have fun and obivously they must have money. Nothing wrong with that. In my eyes still more healthy to spend few hundreds of bucks on a game then alchohol or drugs, whatever works for someone when it comes to entertainment really.

    But some of you making comments, servers relaunching, stealing money and so forth. Really doesn't make sense. If you're long enough on PSKO section on these forum so far, you should have realized every server dies out at one point or another. And by donating you are not "paying for service" you are donating which nobody is forcing you to do so.

    Now you will ask, so why doesn't everyone try to open server, squeeze out some money and close it? First of all, you need to build up a reputation to get player base to even have some donations to be worth while. Second of all if you will open it for a week and close it and keep money and re open. Nobody will take you seriously, you might pull it off max 2 or 3 times considering how stupid the community is nowadays, but no way to pull it of more frequently than that.
    By building up a strong player base like OSKO did manage, or what I was trying aswell and some other admins, One will simply not afford to try give sense to people that they are being scammed in anyway nor will one close the server when it's still being active. But when server dies out and people are requesting relaunch (not all obviously but enough for owners to decide to actually do it apparently) don't see why not do it.

    In reality people are really jumping the servers only for the fresh start thrill of each and every one of them. Either that or trying to find the perfect Private server concept, which they never can and never will cause to many different tastes :P

    You're right about everything you mentioned. As for the bolded part; Most of the people I play with are adults, they have jobs, they have lives. They (including me) simply don't have the time to play this game 24/7 and farm their items but they still want to be competitive and have fun hence we donate babashop or whatever you wanna call it.

  6. #5331
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'm sorry, while I completely agree in principle, your entire list makes no sense...?


    Not a big deal because of subservers/zone changes (which aren't fully supported in the unofficial files), but it's not true; back in KO Crusade I tested increasing the limit, which really didn't take more than half an hour. It worked well, though caused a crash I didn't have time to deal with, with other issues at the time, simply because I patched one too many things (I patched something unrelated by accident), and was too busy with other issues at the time to run through the list to see which one shouldn't have been there. Otherwise, it worked fine without too much hassle.


    This is very vague and generic, but I can't actually think of any 'unwanted disconnections' or 'various other login issues' that affect 1.298 OR newer clients (/ servers). The only issue that comes to mind is the client spamming the server at the server list, but that still exists even in 2.0xx.
    It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm going to have to assume you mean its reliance on its single-threaded separate-process Aujard setup in place of a multithreaded database request setup as your files are now using, but that's actually something you could have done with 1.298 if you cared to; the only thing needed changing was the main request handler. I haven't done this on the database-request side because it isn't a huge deal (so long as the procs are running fast, it's fast enough to leave alone), but I did make the requests themselves multithreaded, over TCP/IP rather than its dodgy shared memory setup.
    Just bear in mind that official files still use shared memory in the exact same way, I changed this, because the setup made no sense to me. While the shared memory setup suffers performance wise, it does actually offer one benefit -- preserving data in case of a crash, which you can use to ensure everyone's saved. To combat this, I just save more frequently and implement a crash handler to attempting saving on crash.


    That's not a limitation of 1.298 / stock files though, that's most certainly a limit of your login server / custom stuff. I've never had to do that once with 1.298.


    This isn't true either. If your argument is more you have access to implement more prevention, being you have access to the source code, then sure. But of course that applies to 1.298 as well.
    There's really only one improvement 1.9xx has over 1.298 in that specific department; (slightly) improved movement updates, making speed hacking so much easier to check for. Having said that, they also disabled the packets they used for their speedhack checks, so you win some, you lose some....


    Oddly enough, the database layout has never been much of an issue. For the most part, anything important is accessed indirectly, so you can change it as you please. That said, none of the above even relate to the database, so...

    There's a lot of reasons for using 1.9xx over 1.298, but not a single one of the listed reasons even make sense...
    less talking, more working on ur own server pls. we all remember what kind of failure ur "ko4life" server was. as prof said, proof that you can make a succesful server for once.

  7. #5332
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Ironicaly, however, you know me as a being a gamer for a long time on a lot of private servers. I can tell you from my observation of stuff. I've checked servers that basicaly had no PUS, last one being Quarantine KO. I liked it even tho i'm known baba shopper for mostly anywhere I played. My team were doing great there top 1 clan still, server died out really fast tho and started with decent population, died in less then week. However to get on point ... Players love to baba shop, for some reason (and there's more and more of those that can afford it) as soon as there are KC vouchers in PUS. There will be gold farmers or item farmers selling them for KC, and there will be baba shoppers buying stuff for KC vouchers. And somehow that type of gaming nowadays is the most active really. I mean it makes the most active server and market on the server. How? I don't know, never studied economics really... but it does.

    Community is well awared there is no server that will last year or 2 or so on (or whoever is not awared of it is a, pardon my french, damn fool). But they still choose to play and spend money on it. Why ? because they have fun and obivously they must have money. Nothing wrong with that. In my eyes still more healthy to spend few hundreds of bucks on a game then alchohol or drugs, whatever works for someone when it comes to entertainment really.

    But some of you making comments, servers relaunching, stealing money and so forth. Really doesn't make sense. If you're long enough on PSKO section on these forum so far, you should have realized every server dies out at one point or another. And by donating you are not "paying for service" you are donating which nobody is forcing you to do so.

    Now you will ask, so why doesn't everyone try to open server, squeeze out some money and close it? First of all, you need to build up a reputation to get player base to even have some donations to be worth while. Second of all if you will open it for a week and close it and keep money and re open. Nobody will take you seriously, you might pull it off max 2 or 3 times considering how stupid the community is nowadays, but no way to pull it of more frequently than that.
    By building up a strong player base like OSKO did manage, or what I was trying aswell and some other admins, One will simply not afford to try give sense to people that they are being scammed in anyway nor will one close the server when it's still being active. But when server dies out and people are requesting relaunch (not all obviously but enough for owners to decide to actually do it apparently) don't see why not do it.

    In reality people are really jumping the servers only for the fresh start thrill of each and every one of them. Either that or trying to find the perfect Private server concept, which they never can and never will cause to many different tastes :P

    I do agree and i think considering even usko servers lasts for that long ( come on dont argue against this you now it to be true) its safe to not to expect that from a private server. Like look at usko. They opened orion and now its crowded buuut until they launch another server. Then orion will die like other servers which are dead and so on.

  8. #5333
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    For the ones who had doubts regarding kc vouchers from Vulcano please check this link below:

    http://good-game.us/threads/about-kn...vulcano.17841/

  9. #5334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    For the ones who had doubts regarding kc vouchers from Vulcano please check this link below:

    http://good-game.us/threads/about-kn...vulcano.17841/
    professor you talking about vouchers okay but example i have kc's on my pus. example when i login my account on web site of osko, its says "Your current Knight cash is: 3445" am i need to do anything or just u change my kcs to n points?? please answer this professor.

    and waiting beta any eta ?

  10. #5335
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GangnamStyle View Post
    professor you talking about vouchers okay but example i have kc's on my pus. example when i login my account on web site of osko, its says "Your current Knight cash is: 3445" am i need to do anything or just u change my kcs to n points?? please answer this professor.

    and waiting beta any eta ?
    your kc will be converted to NPoints by prof. You dont need to do anything.

  11. #5336
    Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriz View Post
    less talking, more working on ur own server pls. we all remember what kind of failure ur "ko4life" server was. as prof said, proof that you can make a succesful server for once.
    You realize twostars had so much development to do with oh so many private servers, right? If he had helped so many servers go into the right direction with development wise, why wouldn't he be able to get his own to do the same, except even better because he won't have to deal with retarded owners? I guarantee more than half of the servers you've played in your lifetime has had twostars somehow help the "developer", considering how ignorant some developers are.

    I truly wouldn't be surprised if most server owners never even wrote a line of code in their lives.

  12. #5337
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    The link of the client is available now, kratos beta is now open

    http://good-game.us/forums/downloads.12/

  13. #5338
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Wait, so OSKO has been re-launched?

  14. #5339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    305

    Default

    So uhmm... Any english speaking kankas going to be playing the new server with a mage or archer clan?

  15. #5340
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Don't get too invested in this server. By the time you get full gear, Professor will restart the server for profits anyways. Good luck though.
    Riven likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 4
    08-23-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. Hits: 16
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    08-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  6. Hits: 1
    08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
  7. Hits: 4
    07-28-2015, 10:25 PM
  8. Hits: 1
    07-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  9. Hits: 6
    07-15-2015, 11:14 PM
  10. Hits: 3
    06-01-2015, 03:06 AM
  11. Hits: 4
    05-02-2015, 10:50 AM
  12. Hits: 1
    05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
  13. Hits: 6
    05-01-2015, 10:34 PM
  14. Hits: 4
    03-13-2015, 04:04 PM
  15. Hits: 5
    10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
  16. Hits: 1
    09-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  17. Hits: 12
    08-18-2014, 12:50 PM
  18. Hits: 2
    07-30-2014, 04:54 PM
  19. Hits: 11
    07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
  20. Hits: 3
    01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
  21. Hits: 6
    01-05-2014, 03:52 AM
  22. Hits: 3
    12-29-2013, 06:09 AM
  23. Hits: 34
    12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
  24. Hits: 2
    12-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  25. Hits: 71
    12-14-2013, 10:16 AM
  26. Hits: 2
    11-17-2013, 02:35 PM
  27. Hits: 1
    10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
  28. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
  29. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  30. Hits: 13
    07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  31. Hits: 8
    07-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  32. Hits: 1
    07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  33. Hits: 2
    07-05-2013, 12:13 AM
  34. Hits: 3
    05-22-2013, 06:18 PM
  35. Hits: 45
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  36. Hits: 1
    03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
  37. Hits: 2
    03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  38. Hits: 1
    02-27-2013, 06:13 AM
  39. Hits: 2
    02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
  40. Hits: 3
    02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  41. Hits: 6
    02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
  42. Hits: 2
    01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  43. Hits: 2
    01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  44. Hits: 14
    12-31-2012, 07:24 AM
  45. Hits: 4
    12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
  46. Hits: 11
    12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  47. Hits: 8
    12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  48. Hits: 2
    12-22-2012, 12:21 AM
  49. Hits: 1
    12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
  50. Hits: 4
    12-19-2012, 12:44 AM

Similar Threads

  1. LosViejos Knight Online Reborn Server 25 April Official
    By JohnnyBeGood in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  3. Best thread ever on the official forum
    By OLD1953 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
  5. We need the official ranking back...
    By Suicune in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •