Page 358 of 395 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348354355356357358359360361362 368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5922
Like Tree580Likes

OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours

This is a discussion on OldSchoolKO - ERAGON Reborns! JUNE THE 5TH (official) - Miami 13:00 hours within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ImmortalOne Who care about any nikos and his server. Stop spam in every thread about it. I ...
Page: 358


  1. #5356
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalOne View Post
    Who care about any nikos and his server.
    Stop spam in every thread about it.
    I live in retard country now i know why ppl wont play with polish guys lol.
    so explain for me dude , why ppls wont play with polish guys?

  2. #5357
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeYouInHeLL View Post
    nikos did a great job for every normal myko server with his last pach, get ready for a wave of people from that server
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalOne View Post
    Who care about any nikos and his server.
    Stop spam in every thread about it.
    I live in retard country now i know why ppl wont play with polish guys lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    If hes so good why ou have to advertise it here then,fuking troll.Nikos is a douche basicly./ontopic They are fixing bugs,and thats why they got nothing to post.Tbh they should have just launched the version that everyone wanted and be done with it -.-
    Lol all these misunderstandings. What @SeeYouInHell means is that nikos added a patch that doesn't represent the oldschool / MYKO gameplay and thus the ProfessionalKO players are going to move from there to OldSchoolKO. He wasn't advertising ProfessionalKO. I'd say he was doing the opposite.

  3. #5358
    Senior Member slicethem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    361

    Default

    well if OSKO waits much longer, ppl will just wait for ApexKo

    but ye canīt change it i guess

  4. #5359
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Many of the people who play osko are going though final exams now, and we also care about it, we know it is important you finish your exams with a good score and then you can play kratos happy , we will announce date about it soon
    nickos3 likes this.

  5. #5360
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    Tbh they should have just launched the version that everyone wanted and be done with it -.-
    You're right Marko but the problem with mass of players and attacks on myko servers is hard to handle login server wise. It requires a lot of restarts and they don't want to restart server first week every 4 hours and keep killing bosses on every restart. Upside of the new source is that it handles login a lot better. That's why they are remodeling the new source to old style. It's a lot of work to do so, but it's possible to make a complete replica skill and damage wise by changing a lot of settings either skills or mobs. The UI has been transfered to old one already, now comes the skills part and mobs dynamics and all other related bugs that address several issues.

    Upside of the new source once complete ad bug free to mimic the old myko is that it leaves almost endless possibily for updates and expansions in the future wether those be cospree items or anything else related to either set items bonuses expirations and so forth. The potential of such developing is great it can go from 60 cap up to 83 even with UI patches along and everything. Simply applying pre prepared patches throuhg expansions and quite frankly with mass of players and well built concept of expansions the longitivity of such server can be drastical.

    I think it's good that they work on this source and with great dev team it's possible to do a lot. Question is only in the developers how capable are they and what their idea of concept is.
    Professor likes this.

  6. #5361
    Senior Member Vincents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    You're right Marko but the problem with mass of players and attacks on myko servers is hard to handle login server wise. It requires a lot of restarts .
    That doesn't really make any sense at all, everything else was alright though. Not sure when you became an expert on the topic

  7. #5362
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    You're right Marko but the problem with mass of players and attacks on myko servers is hard to handle login server wise. It requires a lot of restarts and they don't want to restart server first week every 4 hours and keep killing bosses on every restart.
    If you're needing to restart the server every 4 hours you have bigger problems than flooding; this isn't normal behaviour for a 1.298 or 1.310 server...

    There is one VERY old (but easily fixable; literally one instruction to patch out) bug present in 1.298 (fixed in 1.310) which causes all of the available sockets to gradually become unusable, but this requires a more targeted attack than general flooding to actually abuse. It used to be heavily abused, so I highly doubt it remains unpatched on any server using SOACS or ACME right now though... and really, I've not seen this problem in a long while on any server.

    Otherwise, any login issues I've ever come across (especially recently) are simply caused by poor database performance. Nothing more complicated than that.

    As Aujard handles its database requests one at a time (in a single thread), each request has to wait for the former, so if any request is slow the backlog can begin to grow too large to handle in a timely manner. The SQL profiler is very quick to point out any slow-running statements/lookups. It's because of reasons like this that I tell people to not do stupid things like update the rankings tables on every login/logout, which is in all likelihood, still something that's commonly done by most servers...

    Moral of the story: don't take buggy behaviour like that for granted. In all likelihood, there's something you can actually do about it other than blame it on the files.
    Additionally, assuming it's database-related (and I can almost guarantee that), the problem will still exist with the source project, even though its effect may be - to some extent - less noticeable, having multiple threads to handle the database requests as opposed to Aujard's one single thread. Regardless, it'll be there and screw you around.

    ... umm, yeah. Well, this was fun... ;_;
    Vincents likes this.

  8. #5363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    If you're needing to restart the server every 4 hours you have bigger problems than flooding; this isn't normal behaviour for a 1.298 or 1.310 server...

    There is one VERY old (but easily fixable; literally one instruction to patch out) bug present in 1.298 (fixed in 1.310) which causes all of the available sockets to gradually become unusable, but this requires a more targeted attack than general flooding to actually abuse. It used to be heavily abused, so I highly doubt it remains unpatched on any server using SOACS or ACME right now though... and really, I've not seen this problem in a long while on any server.

    Otherwise, any login issues I've ever come across (especially recently) are simply caused by poor database performance. Nothing more complicated than that.

    As Aujard handles its database requests one at a time (in a single thread), each request has to wait for the former, so if any request is slow the backlog can begin to grow too large to handle in a timely manner. The SQL profiler is very quick to point out any slow-running statements/lookups. It's because of reasons like this that I tell people to not do stupid things like update the rankings tables on every login/logout, which is in all likelihood, still something that's commonly done by most servers...

    Moral of the story: don't take buggy behaviour like that for granted. In all likelihood, there's something you can actually do about it other than blame it on the files.
    Additionally, assuming it's database-related (and I can almost guarantee that), the problem will still exist with the source project, even though its effect may be - to some extent - less noticeable, having multiple threads to handle the database requests as opposed to Aujard's one single thread. Regardless, it'll be there and screw you around.

    ... umm, yeah. Well, this was fun... ;_;
    Focus on your login issues mate.

    OSKO Launching 2th may.

  9. #5364
    Senior Member Vincents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashem View Post
    Focus on your login issues mate.

    OSKO Launching 2th may.
    Not sure if you realize that posted a month ago, and is actually sound information.

  10. #5365
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    First thread has been updated

  11. #5366
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Bump bump, see you there guys at 2nd may!

  12. #5367
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Hello Oldschoolers,


    First of all, on behalf of our staff, we would like to thank you for your loyalty and patience towards our work, it has been an exhausting journey fixing and tweaking countless little things, so that our new server could finally see the light, and become like the older ones that you have missed so much. During the beta period, we had fixed everything and now kratos is ready to go to give you the experience that you all deserve.

    Many of you have been asking which version we are going to use, and it's going to be 19xx this time around instead of the older 1299 or the more recent 18xx that we used in Vulcano.

    Turns out 1299 actually has several disadvantages:

    -Ver. 1299 doesn't allow more than 1500 users.
    -Ver. 1299 servers are often chaotic on release due to the amount of people trying to log at the same time, which leads to unwanted disconnections and various other login issues that aren't present in 19xx servers.
    -Ver. 1299 requires a server restart everytime the login server goes down.
    -Ver. 1299 has more lenience when it comes to creating / using cheats.
    *None of the above can be fixed in the 1299 version due to how old the files are, and the way its database is structured.


    We even managed to add the old launcher, old login screen and old character select screens into this 19xx version, so that our new server will really feel like the old school days.

    TRAILER


    On the topic of improvements, there are certain game aspects that have been greatly enhanced to benefit the overall game economy, farming and last but not least, PK. I'll briefly go over each of them:

    -There won't be cospre items in PUS (Pathos, Valkyries, Wings).
    -There won't be 2k HP / 350 ac scrolls in PUS.
    -1500 HP / 300 ac scrolls can be found for sale both in Sundries NPCs and PUS.
    -Isiloon has been removed from Delos and will appear at random after destroying the Colony Zone Monument at Colony Zone, to further increase CZ activity. The rewards of being castle owners will only be the tax coins.
    -There won't be rebirth upgrading.
    -Old premium packages are making a comeback (Gold, Silver and Bronze)
    -Updated drop list in our website.
    -Farming will be like in Adonis (slightly harder).
    -Old clan system and cape skin


    We have also implemented a custom secured PUS, the currency (KC) remains


    OldSchoolKO Staff




  13. #5368
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    87

    Default

    what anticheat?

  14. #5369
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I click start and that acme thing appears on right bot corner and then nothing happens. What is the problem?

  15. #5370
    OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orgasmatron View Post
    I click start and that acme thing appears on right bot corner and then nothing happens. What is the problem?
    have you downloaded the new client?

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 4
    08-23-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. Hits: 16
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    08-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  6. Hits: 1
    08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
  7. Hits: 4
    07-28-2015, 10:25 PM
  8. Hits: 1
    07-20-2015, 09:37 AM
  9. Hits: 6
    07-15-2015, 11:14 PM
  10. Hits: 3
    06-01-2015, 03:06 AM
  11. Hits: 4
    05-02-2015, 10:50 AM
  12. Hits: 1
    05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
  13. Hits: 6
    05-01-2015, 10:34 PM
  14. Hits: 4
    03-13-2015, 04:04 PM
  15. Hits: 5
    10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
  16. Hits: 1
    09-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  17. Hits: 12
    08-18-2014, 12:50 PM
  18. Hits: 2
    07-30-2014, 04:54 PM
  19. Hits: 11
    07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
  20. Hits: 3
    01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
  21. Hits: 6
    01-05-2014, 03:52 AM
  22. Hits: 3
    12-29-2013, 06:09 AM
  23. Hits: 34
    12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
  24. Hits: 2
    12-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  25. Hits: 71
    12-14-2013, 10:16 AM
  26. Hits: 2
    11-17-2013, 02:35 PM
  27. Hits: 1
    10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
  28. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
  29. Hits: 2
    07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  30. Hits: 13
    07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  31. Hits: 8
    07-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  32. Hits: 1
    07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  33. Hits: 2
    07-05-2013, 12:13 AM
  34. Hits: 3
    05-22-2013, 06:18 PM
  35. Hits: 45
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  36. Hits: 1
    03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
  37. Hits: 2
    03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  38. Hits: 1
    02-27-2013, 06:13 AM
  39. Hits: 2
    02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
  40. Hits: 3
    02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  41. Hits: 6
    02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
  42. Hits: 2
    01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  43. Hits: 2
    01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  44. Hits: 14
    12-31-2012, 07:24 AM
  45. Hits: 4
    12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
  46. Hits: 11
    12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  47. Hits: 8
    12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  48. Hits: 2
    12-22-2012, 12:21 AM
  49. Hits: 1
    12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
  50. Hits: 4
    12-19-2012, 12:44 AM

Similar Threads

  1. LosViejos Knight Online Reborn Server 25 April Official
    By JohnnyBeGood in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  3. Best thread ever on the official forum
    By OLD1953 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
  5. We need the official ranking back...
    By Suicune in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •