Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Phenom KO Farm Server

This is a discussion on Phenom KO Farm Server within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; server is agonizing.. but i'll wait -_-...
Page: 19

server is agonizing.. but i'll wait -_-

Lol.
    quote from eric: Server will be offline the rest of the day. Will keep working on it. Will post a time for re-launch once issue is fixed. thanks.

Banned Senior Member

Russian : (18 August 2012 - 12:23 AM)Server will be offline the rest of the day. Will keep working on it. Will post a time for re-launch once issue is fixed. thanks.

You may go to sleep now.

Russian, can you give some info about of problem. When will be open appromax. ?

well, there goes about 70% of his server population. people were complaining that it was nearly 2 hours late at launch... *sigh* oh well.

oh and **edit**

its only 5:30pm here.. launch the server as soon as you've got it fixed; dont make us wait an extra 12 - 24 hours just to launch it at the turk peak time.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    well, there goes about 70% of his server population. people were complaining that it was nearly 2 hours late at launch... *sigh* oh well.

oh and **edit**

its only 5:30pm here.. launch the server as soon as you've got it fixed; dont make us wait an extra 12 - 24 hours just to launch it at the turk peak time.
    Comon, turks are really doing xp faster so don't need to re-launch or smth. just open when it repaired.

Re-launching soon,no problem we lost nothing but a few levels luckly,will give it another chance !

Yeah, sexylittleanimal is right, we must give chance to Russian.

Tomorrow we'll see, xx

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

I trust russian for 100% but we gotta admit that we lost atleast 100 players with this down time.. we almost reached 300 on start now we should be happy to reach 150-200. Turks give up really fast when its about private servers since Ko-cuke is full of servers they can try

Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard View Post
    I trust russian for 100% but we gotta admit that we lost atleast 100 players with this down time.. we almost reached 300 on start now we should be happy to reach 150-200. Turks give up really fast when its about private servers since Ko-cuke is full of servers they can try
    150-200 players ain't enough for a full farm server tho.
    I hope we'll still get some turkish ppl and the server might still have a shot if it all goes smooth tomorrow.

Server was horribly ill-prepared for attack. Took a while to get up to speed and figure out what needed updating (or replacing), but it appears good and stable now... so it should be fine for a relaunch tomorrow. I'll try and make that time, hopefully things will run a lot smoother the 2nd time around.

So, meh - should be good to give it a try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Server was horribly ill-prepared for attack. Took a while to get up to speed and figure out what needed updating (or replacing), but it appears good and stable now... so it should be fine for a relaunch tomorrow. I'll try and make that time, hopefully things will run a lot smoother the 2nd time around.

So, meh - should be good to give it a try tomorrow.
    ain't a good sigh tho, if the server was totally ready for launch according to Eric, and it was so i'll-prepared then. Didn't he say he had an good anti-cheat system earlier O.o?
    ah well, hopefully it will go better tomorrow, it will probably be the last chance for the server to succeed, seeing it lost quite some ppl already today

Quote Originally Posted by dark_warrior_13 View Post
    ain't a good sigh tho, if the server was totally ready for launch according to Eric, and it was so i'll-prepared then. Didn't he say he had an good anti-cheat system earlier O.o?
    ah well, hopefully it will go better tomorrow, it will probably be the last chance for the server to succeed, seeing it lost quite some ppl already today
    The major floods didn't hold much weight (thanks to their provider); that's what he was probably talking about. It was the attacks targeted at KO which people tend to completely disregard when preparing their servers, as in this case. As a relatively "new" server owner you don't tend to expect much if anything, but sadly... the attacks always come.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    The major floods didn't hold much weight (thanks to their provider); that's what he was probably talking about. It was the attacks targeted at KO which people tend to completely disregard when preparing their servers, as in this case. As a relatively "new" server owner you don't tend to expect much if anything, but sadly... the attacks always come.
    well, thankfully there are people like you around who know more than how to beg for files when it comes to knight online server development and security. (that was a shot at idiots and beggars, not russian, just incase there was any lack of clarity)

oh, and 16 hours till its up.... great. honestly i think they'd get more people back if they just launched it as soon as its as secure as it needs to be (which as far as i know, it is now).. why bother waiting for 1pm tomorrow when you've still got 100+ people waiting to play right now -_-;

OFFICIAL WILL BE RE-LAUNCHED SAME TIME (12PM (GMT - 5)) SATURDAY 8.18.2012.

Sorry about all the issues today guys. Thought the crash was fixed cause it occurred during beta only once or twice and never again (cause I thought it was fixed).

Thank twostars for all his help. PUS will be online tomorrow at launch so you can buy your prems. Hopefully there will be no more issues after the re-launch tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.