Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Phenom KO Farm Server

This is a discussion on Phenom KO Farm Server within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman Yeah that's usually what happens, trolls hit the server, staff resigns/gets removed, then you're left there ...
Page: 37

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    Yeah that's usually what happens, trolls hit the server, staff resigns/gets removed, then you're left there to test everything alone and stuck with a bunch of little kids continuously nagging your ear telling you to launch the server asap before people rage quit, and at the end of the day because of the fact that you launched early before completely testing everything out the way it should've been now has you fixing/testing things that should've been fixed earlier. It's unfortunate because instead of ending the drama by just getting rid of those 2-5 players who were causing it for no reason besides the fact that they "disliked" a few staff members, you removed/had the staff resign, which in return ended up hurting you, because those kids who were the reason behind all the drama have all quit off as we all knew they would.

So for the future if you do choose to run another server if this one happens to fail (which I still hope it doesn't TO EVERYONE - Suggestions - Phenom KO | Forum) instead of removing your staff and or having them reisgn because you choose to listen to a bunch of 12 year old kids over the internet, either have those trolls provide legitimate proof and reasoning behind why certain players shouldn't be on the staff, and or just ban those trolls and end the drama once in for all. Because trolls never help the server.

But at the end of the day there are plenty of reasons why the server is slowly dying
    • The lag that was around in the beginning
    • People didn't want to commit their time to farm so long if they didn't see the server getting anywhere (mainly blame the lag)
    • All the drama that was around before hand
    • All the bugs that weren't fixed in the beginning(that should've been fixed during beta)
    • Crashes
    • Lack of PK (slowly picking up)
    • Etc

So can't just blame a couple trolls and a few missing staff members for everything.
    1. Lag should be fixed any day now (waiting for a response back)
    2. Server has been up for a almost 2 weeks now (most die in a few days)
    3. Drama , I hate drama and don't like dealing with it.
    4. I fixed all the bugs that were found during beta.
    5. Crashes (They were inevitable and you can't prepare for them)
    6. As you said slowly picking up.

I have done everything in my power to keep server alive. In your case you said you decided to resign I just stayed back and watched until it got too far out of hand. I have also refrained from being corrupt because LOTS of people have come to me asking me to sell them items for $. I told them no. Be lucky you have someone that actually cares about there server -_-

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    Yeah that's usually what happens, trolls hit the server, staff resigns/gets removed, then you're left there to test everything alone and stuck with a bunch of little kids continuously nagging your ear telling you to launch the server asap before people rage quit

So can't just blame a couple trolls and a few missing staff members for everything.
    Lol its your decision whether you let trolls annoy you or get to you or not, it has nothing to do with them. You chose to be affected by dane and you kept replying to him and egging him off so its your own fucking fault you were removed from staff or resigned w/e stop blaming it on trolls when its your own fucking fault, im tired of checking this topic and just seeing you cry like a bitch over a few people trolling you on a virtual forum.

Sort yourself out.

And about the server, its not enough nowadays to just make an oldschool server because alot of the people who would have really enjoyed this server have moved on to other games apart from KO, its a shame really as the old school simple servers used to dominate and be awesome. Nowadays you need to have stuff to keep people occupied and to make people want to log at a certain time to do something.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    Lol its your decision whether you let trolls annoy you or get to you or not, it has nothing to do with them. You chose to be affected by dane and you kept replying to him and egging him off so its your own fucking fault you were removed from staff or resigned w/e stop blaming it on trolls when its your own fucking fault, im tired of checking this topic and just seeing you cry like a bitch over a few people trolling you on a virtual forum.

Sort yourself out.

And about the server, its not enough nowadays to just make an oldschool server because alot of the people who would have really enjoyed this server have moved on to other games apart from KO, its a shame really as the old school simple servers used to dominate and be awesome. Nowadays you need to have stuff to keep people occupied and to make people want to log at a certain time to do something.
    Uhh clearly you didn't get what I was referring too, people complain there aren't any staff members, I'm stating that the fact that there aren't any is because Russian chose to listen to the people trolling the server, I chose to resign yes, because if he wasn't gonna allow me to end the drama by banning the trolls and getting rid of them, then I was gonna end it by taking away what they were trying to troll. If it had been up to me I would've banned him and his butt buddies long before beta ended. So don't go turning things around, i'm not crying at all, I'm fine with not being on the staff, I'm just stating that not having staff members effected the server in a negative way, and it's just a funny situation since players who wanted staff removed are now the ones complaining that there isn't any staff. After I resigned Russian continued to listen to them and removed the rest of the staff members only cause they "didn't like them" (as far as I know that was the main reason after I stepped down I stopped paying attention) which continued to effect the server.

Learn to read before posting trying to flame.

SHUT the fuck up, you are all so annoying.

I won't tell you again.
    Last edited by Legend; 08-31-2012 at 05:40 PM.

bumppp realy gg server

also seeking english clan

First video submissions for the contest from MrJTM

Here is a good post on the current status of the server:
    TO EVERYONE - Suggestions - Phenom KO | Forum

Open the SHOUTBOX at forums, and do RESTART please, server is lagging much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywazzap View Post
    Open the SHOUTBOX at forums, and do RESTART please, server is lagging much now.
    I still think Aujard's bottlenecking it. Russian, you really need to profile the database and see if there's anything that's running slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman
    For starters BDW:
    Yes it would be nice to have, but with the current server files it is impossible to add
    * The actual BDW setup isn't released to the public
    * The only people who have BDW are the ones who support/pay for ACME server files, which means completely redoing just about everything all over again
    Okay, firstly -- I was going to reply to your thread, but apparently I need admin approval first. So, I'll just post it here.

This really isn't necessarily true. There's a few different BDW "releases" out there, including Longh0rn's (ACME). There is actually even at least one public copy, but it's *seriously awful*. Because they didn't know how to mark the monument as controlled, this public one only uses two monuments (...). But that's not really my point. :P

Actually, I've written one myself if you wanted to use it, and Russian's aware of this... so if you needed one, I'm always here too. And yes, mine's just plug&play with your current server files.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman
    Second, Bifrost:
    Russian said he will look into adding a working bifrost, but this as well takes TIME
    To have a working Bifrost you'll need the following
    * Fully Working NPC's
    * Fully Working Mobs with DMG/Drops (remember this is a 70 cap server meaning mobs will need to be edited in order to be able to kill them)
    * Fully Working Teleport Gates
    * Fully Working Timer
    * Fully Working Chaotic Generator
    * Fully Working PVP setup with NP Loss + Gain
    As you can see that is a big list, there are plenty of things to go over and each will take time depending on if he's got help with other files and such or if he's got to do them from scratch.
    Yeah, Bifrost's a pain with 1.298. The timer is the killer - it does not have ANY support whatsoever, not even in the client (sadly enough). This, coupled with the name hiding makes it a little tricky to implement typically, unless you're going to just whip up something that's "close enough".

I've written my own rendition of Bifrost (though I haven't gotten around to doing the client component yet), which is virtually complete (hides names, etc), and uses the permanent chat bar for its timer (same as my BDW system). The only thing it doesn't have is the fog in the maze, but the D.O.T. is there. Actually, the Chaotic Generator is written up for my own scripting language implementation, but that can be hacked back up in EVT fairly easily (just rather painful).

So, again - that option's there for you guys also. Not like I'm hosting a server. :P

CSW should begin in 2 hours 30 minutes. Boss Event after.

Banned

The boss events and things like that will hardly improve the server population and the actual status of the players ingame.
    It will lead to good geared players to even better geared chars.

Aswell, as i was doing research on the server ive found out, that just few of the top donator are getting support from the staff. Such as scamming/hacking and stuff like that.
    As i was doing research i found one more thing, your GM_Sania is teleporting some guys '' which i wont name it, due non harmfull posts '' to the bosses that spawning in colony zone.

As i was reading your forums, there were a report on isiloon bug, which should be banable, and the topic got deleted since again, they buggers are donators.

Quote Originally Posted by veq0z4 View Post
    The boss events and things like that will hardly improve the server population and the actual status of the players ingame.
    It will lead to good geared players to even better geared chars.

Aswell, as i was doing research on the server ive found out, that just few of the top donator are getting support from the staff. Such as scamming/hacking and stuff like that.
    As i was doing research i found one more thing, your GM_Sania is teleporting some guys '' which i wont name it, due non harmfull posts '' to the bosses that spawning in colony zone.

As i was reading your forums, there were a report on isiloon bug, which should be banable, and the topic got deleted since again, they buggers are donators.
    what do you expect? All the servers are like that , if any donator use cheat/scam any1 admin won't ban him. For a part is server's fault why? Because most of private servers cant provide a good anticheat security.

Banned

Well, there is another thing that i do not like on the server.

Over 70% of turks that are playing the server are rogues. Why? Becouse koxp is working and they can easly level the archer, with being afk. After that they can reskill for '' FREE '' on captain cunaberle.

I have banned GMSania. People complained about not enough gms on staff so I tested him out and obviously more corruption -_-

Yes, I do support the people who have donated because I feel obligated to since they are helping support the server. I ban anyway who is caught scamming/cheating regardless if they are donators or not...

People complained about not enough events so I am doing CSW and Boss Event today. Why is it that when I do stuff people want they just complain more than they did before lmao. Honestly im about to just stop listening to people because I've learned you can never make people happy and they will always complain / be ungrateful.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    People complained about not enough events so I am doing CSW and Boss Event today. Why is it that when I do stuff people want they just complain more than they did before lmao. Honestly im about to just stop listening to people because I've learned you can never make people happy and they will always complain / be ungrateful.
    Just something you learn over time, people are un-greatful, you should know this by now.