Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Phenom KO | SERVER SHUTDOWN | RETIRED

This is a discussion on Phenom KO | SERVER SHUTDOWN | RETIRED within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Official Release Date/Time: Friday - 9.28 (3 PM (GMT -5)) Hope to see you all there. Check on forum and ...
Page: 10

Official Release Date/Time: Friday - 9.28 (3 PM (GMT -5))

Hope to see you all there. Check on forum and post feedback on suggestions people have made so I can get them done before release.

Bump for it +1

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    umm technically he's not breaking the game at all, MYKO/KE there was NO archer combo, archers were slow shot support classes, therefor the fact that he has an archer combo in game already is something you should be thanking him for. Barely anyone played archers back in myko/ke days except to mainly koxp, so by keeping the damage the same and making it so you do 3 + 3 instead of 5 + 3 isn't that big of a change. Archers were already pretty tank/op to begin with, easily spamming players (especially on a new server with low gear) for almost 1k per arrow shower, so all he did is merely decrease that 1k dmg to 700-800, not a big deal, if you don't know how to adapt to playing that class with a little bit of a nerf then simply don't play it, there are 3 other classes, and 6+more builds to choose from.

The community whom plays this game these days expects everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, and if it isn't as they want it to be they just quit off and go find a server that'll fend for their needs, you players are spoiled always expecting that whatever you want should be done, which is why the english population is so dead, when players are that selfish and just look for what's best for them instead of what's best for the server in order to keep it alive then people get annoyed and don't bother dealing with their shit. I've pretty much given up on the community that's left with this game, it seems to me it's mainly just a bunch of selfish 12 year old kids who cry once you take their little toy away, it's a shame how players and people changed in the past 5 years.
    Actually, I am 13. Firstly you didn't listen to what I was saying. People have ways to avoid archers. They do not tank archers. They slide when it time to vs archers. Only people who tank archers are the other archers. Now tell me how I am being "selfish". I am not the only archer here but majority of archers still suck. Most archers still spam arrow shower instead of combo. I love how I am giving feedback for a beta server and getting shit on for it. You are telling me people like me are the reason English community is dead? You assume you are the only smart one around. Why would people want to come here when it's full of ignorant assholes like you are?

The way the server set up as far as the drops and leveling goes it's a lot of fun actually. I can see it being one of the very good servers.
    Last edited by ilterates; 09-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    Coldwind likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luke View Post
    Bump for it +1
    Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    Actually, I am 13. Firstly you didn't listen to what I was saying. People have ways to avoid archers. They do not tank archers. They slide when it time to vs archers. Only people who tank archers are the other archers. Now tell me how I am being "selfish". I am not the only archer here but majority of archers still suck. Most archers still spam arrow shower instead of combo. I love how I am giving feedback for a beta server and getting shit on for it. You are telling me people like me are the reason English community is dead? You assume you are the only smart one around. Why would people want to come here when it's full of ignorant assholes like you are?

The way the server set up as far as the drops and leveling goes it's a lot of fun actually. I can see it being one of the very good servers.
    Have a discussion on archers on the forum. Post your opinion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    umm technically he's not breaking the game at all, MYKO/KE there was NO archer combo, archers were slow shot support classes, therefor the fact that he has an archer combo in game already is something you should be thanking him for. Barely anyone played archers back in myko/ke days except to mainly koxp, so by keeping the damage the same and making it so you do 3 + 3 instead of 5 + 3 isn't that big of a change. Archers were already pretty tank/op to begin with, easily spamming players (especially on a new server with low gear) for almost 1k per arrow shower, so all he did is merely decrease that 1k dmg to 700-800, not a big deal, if you don't know how to adapt to playing that class with a little bit of a nerf then simply don't play it, there are 3 other classes, and 6+more builds to choose from.

The community whom plays this game these days expects everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, and if it isn't as they want it to be they just quit off and go find a server that'll fend for their needs, you players are spoiled always expecting that whatever you want should be done, which is why the english population is so dead, when players are that selfish and just look for what's best for them instead of what's best for the server in order to keep it alive then people get annoyed and don't bother dealing with their shit. I've pretty much given up on the community that's left with this game, it seems to me it's mainly just a bunch of selfish 12 year old kids who cry once you take their little toy away, it's a shame how players and people changed in the past 5 years.
    Are you mad bro?
    If this community is a bunch of selfish 12 year old kids, then what are you?

Please tell me what you think of my idea:

I think this Idea will draw quite a bit of players and make server more fun. Idea behind it is kind of like Perseus KO if you played. Players would start at lv 60 when they first make their character and will start with +5 rare plate armor/weapons (bill, etc.) which are non-upgradeable. People will then people able to get straight into cz and start pking over bosses/farming without having to worry about low levels. This will make CZ SUPER active and will make server 100x more fun imo. Instead of having majority of the population in EMC, Moradon, Luf and leaves CZ empty/not much fun.

Thoughts?

O_o Senior Member

Or just start at lvl 70 with +8 shells and weapons like shard raptor etc and the only thing you gotta farm is uniques. IMO this is better

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Or just start at lvl 70 with +8 shells and weapons like shard raptor etc and the only thing you gotta farm is uniques. IMO this is better
    And with that we lost the concept of server farm....

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enishi View Post
    And with that we lost the concept of server farm....
    How's that? You're still farming something.

Ofc that later on biffrost items and ED items can be added but this is the best type of server, for people who like to farm and ppl who like to pk.

Banned

How's that? You're still farming something.

Ofc that later on biffrost items and ED items can be added but this is the best type of server, for people who like to farm and ppl who like to pk.
    He is saying, that Russian wants it to be a MYKO Farm server. Not a PK Server easy farm o-o

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
    He is saying, that Russian wants it to be a MYKO Farm server. Not a PK Server easy farm o-o
    After seeing what Russian suggested I thought that my suggestion for that type of server will be better then what he suggested and will serve his purpose better

Banned

After seeing what Russian suggested I thought that my suggestion for that type of server will be better then what he suggested and will serve his purpose better
    Well not really. The reason why he suggested it is because I am pretty sure nobody likes leveling up to level 55+
    All the skills are pretty crappy below those levels, and level 1 - 60 are always the levels you never " Remember ".
    Everyone being level 60 with simple gears already push people to go to CZ and PK. Or go to CZ and EXP on apos.

I like the 60 start with shitty items idea. +8 shells idea is not fun. killing bosses while you pk in bowl is not the exact farming we're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    I like the 60 start with shitty items idea. +8 shells idea is not fun. killing bosses while you pk in bowl is not the exact farming we're looking for.
    Amen. I cba to go all the way from lvl 1 without any items to 70 + farm everything. I like farming for gear but the thing is farming + exping takes so much time that it becomes too boring before you actually get to pk.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Please tell me what you think of my idea:

I think this Idea will draw quite a bit of players and make server more fun. Idea behind it is kind of like Perseus KO if you played. Players would start at lv 60 when they first make their character and will start with +5 rare plate armor/weapons (bill, etc.) which are non-upgradeable. People will then people able to get straight into cz and start pking over bosses/farming without having to worry about low levels. This will make CZ SUPER active and will make server 100x more fun imo. Instead of having majority of the population in EMC, Moradon, Luf and leaves CZ empty/not much fun.

Thoughts?
    so pretty much what I told you to do at the first launch lol the useless levels no matter how you look at it will still stay useless. It should help the activity and it'll definitely help new comers later on in the server cause they wont be that far behind.

As for you ilterates, you're looking at an archer from a 1vs1 point of view, why don't you look at it in the view of a priest, a priest is standing still attempting to throw a debuff/heal off, all of a sudden an archer comes up and 10 seconds later that priest is dead because the archer spammed the priest for 1000 + 600 + 1000 + 600 + 1000, seems like a reasonable speed for that combo, now a average priest knows that when you get cancelled you move a step or two forward and you'll be fine, unfortunately most archer combos use W meaning that archer will be up that priests ass the entire time cancelling/tanking. I personally played a priest, I personally didn't have many problems with archers, BUT my clan had 2 archers, whenever we vs'd parties their priests would be dead in about 30 seconds into the fight and they stood no chance, then once a person jumped on me attempting to attack me my archers would simply have them dead in a heartbeat. Archers have been OP'd ever since the combo was added, you can call it as it is but this game is NOT based of 1 vs 1 gameplay, if you want to 1vs1 fairly and not have a person slide you go to the arena and talk over the rules of your vs(imo a person who slides isn't very good to begin with, it's pretty simple to vs with an SR combo). But the facts are facts, archers are too op'd in party vs party pk which is how the game is supposed to be played, simply removing 2 arrows won't cause that much of an effect for you to still not be able to compete, Archers will still be pretty balanced compared to other classes, the only thing that will change now is the fact that using styx in a 1vs1 may become a priority, but like I said this game isn't based off 1vs1s.

I call the players selfish because they look at this game from the point in which they can be the "best", they just want to have the most NPs, be able to kill as many people as possible, and have their name in yellow, well i'm not sure how long you've been playing but ask any veteran player who was here for actual KE days and they'll all tell you the same, NPs mean shit, gear means shit, at the end of the day your skill and the skill of the players in your party/clan is all that matters, being able to run through everyone is never fun, competition is what's fun, competition is what keeps people interested/excited when playing, without competition all you have is a bunch of bored players running around bowl killing attrosses/riotes trying to keep themselves entertained until a couple people from the other nation run to bowl and donate a few nps to them.

At the first launch there were plenty of complaints towards archers, so if nothings changed what makes you think those complaints wont exist? When you make people complain about things that causes them to quit, which eventually ends with the downfall of the server because if a population isn't increasing it will be decreasing soon enough. Stop thinking about how you can be the best with an yellow bricked road laid out for you, and attempt to be the best by having other players call you it. You'll know you're good when other players from the opposing nation come up to you and PM you telling you they hate going up against you, and the more competitive/balanced your class is the better that will feel when you have players telling you that.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast