Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Phenom KO | SERVER SHUTDOWN | RETIRED

This is a discussion on Phenom KO | SERVER SHUTDOWN | RETIRED within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Fix the lagg on the server also give ppl the kc back they donated...
Page: 7

Fix the lagg on the server also give ppl the kc back they donated

Quote Originally Posted by Royal05 View Post
    I said I will return 50% of the kc donated, also dedicated server will be on a new network which should be lag-free (hopefully / needs to be tested)

I need someone to help me test forgotten temple reward system. I just need them to join in forgotten temple and I will kill all the monsters until it finishes so I can see if we get the reward.

When do you expect to launch the server? I think alot of people looking for a place to play atm since so much failing in most servers...

RealNiggaRollCall Senior Member

imo old rates were better

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    I need someone to help me test forgotten temple reward system. I just need them to join in forgotten temple and I will kill all the monsters until it finishes so I can see if we get the reward.
    lol you cant just open ft by codes and kill all monster alone? If its working proper and its passible to kill vr before 30min will up and u get blue chest its mean its working? I dont understand why u need someone more to get reward? As I remember on old ft no matter if you are solo or with 30ppl in ft you still have the same amount of mobs to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    lol you cant just open ft by codes and kill all monster alone? If its working proper and its passible to kill vr before 30min will up and u get blue chest its mean its working? I dont understand why u need someone more to get reward? As I remember on old ft no matter if you are solo or with 30ppl in ft you still have the same amount of mobs to kill
    no........he needs a normal player not gm

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I never played this server, and actually only read this thread out of curiosity (I have no interest in playing private servers).

But, I must say I am amazed that you are not willing to provide these people with 100% of their KC on relaunch, and instead only 50%. I don't care what the definition of a donation is, whether a private server is illegal or not, or whether it's clearly non-refundable or not.

Ultimately KO is not the sale of a good. It is the provision of a service. To provide a service and make money requires good customer service. It is not illegal to not refund people their KC but it is certainly not good customer service, and I would argue that is is highly immoral.

My personal opinion is that this is highly unethical and a ploy on Russian's part to make money, and I would be shocked if people returned to play this server. And if they do, I hope that they do not donate any money to you.
    CaMaR4O and hashey100 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    I never played this server, and actually only read this thread out of curiosity (I have no interest in playing private servers).

But, I must say I am amazed that you are not willing to provide these people with 100% of their KC on relaunch, and instead only 50%. I don't care what the definition of a donation is, whether a private server is illegal or not, or whether it's clearly non-refundable or not.

Ultimately KO is not the sale of a good. It is the provision of a service. To provide a service and make money requires good customer service. It is not illegal to not refund people their KC but it is certainly not good customer service, and I would argue that is is highly immoral.

My personal opinion is that this is highly unethical and a ploy on Russian's part to make money, and I would be shocked if people returned to play this server. And if they do, I hope that they do not donate any money to you.
    Once again, I can easily re-open a server under a different alias, different server name,etc. and not refund the players at all. If I didn't care about the server I would've corrupted the server and sold Items for $

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    Need to have a normal player join FT in order for it to work. There is also no code to manually start FT so you have to wait until the scheduled times. I have found someone already.

Quote Originally Posted by spiked View Post
    imo old rates were better
    I made it slightly harder to keep server alive longer since XP rates are much easier than what they were before. Server won't last very long if people get +7 and +8 gear in 1 or 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by minhavez View Post
    When do you expect to launch the server? I think alot of people looking for a place to play atm since so much failing in most servers...
    Within a week most likely...

______

Current Bug/To-Do List:

Fixed:

• Seeking Party
    • King Election Fixed: http://i45.tinypic.com/2hfnfww.png
    • Delos Tax (Castle owners can now get there coins)
    • User Interface: http://i48.tinypic.com/2dmk92.png (Also removed annoying help tutorial and Notice popup when you load in-game)
    • Level requirement for buff scrolls (1k HP + 150 AC) changed from 45-61 to 45-70 so people can use them for farming instead of wasting money on good scrolls.
    • Visual bug for selling price of coins in scroll merchant.
    • Staff of selfname visual text bug from personal npc.
    • 3x 5 Slot Burning Skeletons added to EMC/LUF.
    • Log File Encryption fixed. Log file is now readable client side.
    • Redball working for all classes. (Warrior/Priest = AC, Rogue = Resistance, Mage = Mana Recovery)
    • Remove Karus/El Morad clan from ranking on panel.
    • Fixed Invisible Catapult Siege Weapon: http://i45.tinypic.com/2rp8rog.png
    • Alliance screwed up after server restart: http://i46.tinypic.com/2mzf9mb.png
    • Dread Mare added to Colony Zone: Drops Silver Bars (5%) , Trina (1%)
    • Dark Mare silver bar drop rate reduced from 5% -> 2.5%
    • Upgrade Rates Modified: http://forum.phenom-...e-rates/#entry5
    • Prevent Beginner clans from getting high ranking (glowy armbands)

Needs Fixing:

• Add features to panel/fix registration
    • Move Isiloon to bowl (big clans will need to fight over isiloon if they want it)
    • Move Eslant Mobs to Colony Zone (Spread them out, makes cz more active, big clans can fight over bosses, makes it more fun)

Currently Unable to fix:

• Fix Ban Alliance for Leader of Confederacy (to remove alliance)
    • CZ Monument Notice (Unless I change it to a normal monument that just gives National Points)
    • Fix King System for Human Side. King works fine orc side: http://i48.tinypic.com/2py5lvr.png
    • Forgotten Temple Reward (currently testing)

Damn that new features seem pretty nice!! Russian any idea about the time left for your server to come back? Just wondering Old one was really good, this can be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaja View Post
    Damn that new features seem pretty nice!! Russian any idea about the time left for your server to come back? Just wondering Old one was really good, this can be amazing!
    I think I'll have beta in a few days and official in a week after beta ends.

Beta in a few days he says! Official the week after, he says!

Dedicated Server is now on the new network with new IP. I am working on switching all the files over onto the new IP and I will wipe/start beta once that happens. BETA SHOULD START TODAY OR TOMORROW!

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royal05 View Post

Best noob ever .

@ResserGD i agree with you and think that its appalling that the donations aren't being 100% refunded - my self being a donator, im not going to rejoin this server just for those reasons

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast