Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; To be honest i would goo for option 2 somethinc like knight kingdom just without reverse scrools on PUS and ...
Page: 3

To be honest i would goo for option 2 somethinc like knight kingdom just without reverse scrools on PUS and money to have vallue (for do see old 200-300 merchants :P) ...Because without events and just pk people getts boored and events are a part of KO... Like old days when low lvl BDW been released and much more ... Chaos,juraid,bdw,csw,UTC and others ... Actualy all USKO events and items,no edited armors/weapons and etc...

Quote Originally Posted by nebunul View Post
    To be honest i would goo for option 2 somethinc like knight kingdom just without reverse scrools on PUS and money to have vallue (for do see old 200-300 merchants :P) ...Because without events and just pk people getts boored and events are a part of KO... Like old days when low lvl BDW been released and much more ... Chaos,juraid,bdw,csw,UTC and others ... Actualy all USKO events and items,no edited armors/weapons and etc...
    Events shouldn't be a problem. BDW has been introduced in every single version of KO so far so everybody is accustomed with it. Other events could be designed to keep the server interesting.

I would like a server that has that natural progression, the sort of progression that USKO had to go through to reach the point where it is atm.

A few weeks/months of 70 cap, then let that progress onto 80 cap with introduction of new events such as bifrost etc.

SexyKO should be re-launched, best server ever made so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I would like a server that has that natural progression, the sort of progression that USKO had to go through to reach the point where it is atm.

A few weeks/months of 70 cap, then let that progress onto 80 cap with introduction of new events such as bifrost etc.
    I've seen this suggested plenty of times but the servers usually die out before this has actually been executed.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    SexyKO should be re-launched, best server ever made so far.
    What part of SexyKO did you like exactly? I mean, in the end it was just a +8/+0 full PvP server.
    Last edited by Kallop; 06-02-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post

I agree, people look for that "evolution" feeling. Also, server should have boss spawns in Eslant and EMC/Luff. I remember that our clan was constantly checking Eslant for boss spawns. Also, Antares, Hyde,Kekurikaka, etc spawns. Maybe change the drops a little bit to be more rewarding and make the spawns random to add even more spice to this.

And I think you could make Rosetta (i just like the looks) the top tier armor but it should bind to char permanently. Maybe this way it would take longer for people to get +7/8s (although it would be somewhat frustrating).

To be honest, I would make a server without clans or max grade 3. People forgot how to connect with each other, there are no more random groups. Everyone PKs only in clan groups, it is very hard for casual players to find ppl to play with.
    It's a shame, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpirit View Post
    I agree, people look for that "evolution" feeling. Also, server should have boss spawns in Eslant and EMC/Luff. I remember that our clan was constantly checking Eslant for boss spawns. Also, Antares, Hyde,Kekurikaka, etc spawns. Maybe change the drops a little bit to be more rewarding and make the spawns random to add even more spice to this.

And I think you could make Rosetta (i just like the looks) the top tier armor but it should bind to char permanently. Maybe this way it would take longer for people to get +7/8s (although it would be somewhat frustrating).

To be honest, I would make a server without clans or max grade 3. People forgot how to connect with each other, there are no more random groups. Everyone PKs only in clan groups, it is very hard for casual players to find ppl to play with.
    It's a shame, really.
    I suppose it would be possible to create a server with a clear pretty stripped starting point and announce future expansions ahead of time. The expansions don't have to be huge, but they have to keep the game interesting.

About random groups, it's not that the game has changed. It's the fact that random groups are not as effective as they used to be, because most people know how to play the game now. Back in time random groups were the easiest way to get a group to PK / XP with, but now especially in PK it's much smarter to have your own small group to arrange parties with. Also, not having clans wouldn't exactly be a smart choice since people would still only group up with their friends over ventrilo/ts/raidcall, not really changing anything but just making things more complicated.

I find it ridiculous that you would demand 19/20 server from programmers without understanding how much time it would take in total to make it happen and even then constantly keep it updated. It's already bad enough to keep 1.298 or 1.310 server up due all the (denial-of-service attacks) and adding a higher version that would make server too populated (cap 2,000?) or even 1,500... it would make people attack you twice harder.

Never understood why people are so interested of having cool features while they could demand stability from owners.. Most of the stuff you listed before ( I can admit I didn't read through the whole topic =p) is do-able in lower versions with own method, but still would exist in-game.

as said , even with stable server it will crash eventually, because people are what they are and they do anything to stay at top if they can't... oh well you know the rest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I've seen this suggested plenty of times but the servers usually die out before this has actually been executed.
    What if there is like a scheduled plan? Like an upgrade every three weeks that features a new event and higher levelcap maybe. Idk.

Yes, random groups are not that effective but that's why private servers die. Same people that know each other make clans, battle for no.1 then their members start to bore out and quit one by one for a new server.
    Also,people that join the server later have few chances to enjoy it if everything is centered in the PK zone (like boss spawns, high class drops, etc.). If you know you can't get certain items because CZ is full of already geared people, then why join?
    Also, a ladder system with monthly/quarterly resets so that new clans/players would feel rewarded for their efforts would be nice.
    Just my 2 cents, I know ppl enjoy different things so it would be hard to make a server appealing for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    What if there is like a scheduled plan? Like an upgrade every three weeks that features a new event and higher levelcap maybe. Idk.
    I suppose it would be possible to create a server with a clear pretty stripped starting point and announce future expansions ahead of time. The expansions don't have to be huge, but they have to keep the game interesting.
    One step ahead of you Good to know I'm not the only one with that in mind though.

@FreeSpirit, I suggested some kind of a monthly clan ranking system which could work as a reward or motivation for newer clans?

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Groups are basicaly required almost in every mmorpg, take WoW for instance there are boss instances that require 50 people from guild working in perfect harmony in order to succeed there. KO is not really an individual game you should maybe be playing first person shooter death match style if you prefer that kind of game.

Banned

ofc :F

gl kallop

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Groups are basicaly required almost in every mmorpg, take WoW for instance there are boss instances that require 50 people from guild working in perfect harmony in order to succeed there. KO is not really an individual game you should maybe be playing first person shooter death match style if you prefer that kind of game.
    depends on the players havent touched KO in ages but when i played on PSKO's me and one friend would mainly duo and it was good enough on most servers if your teamwork was good until you got to say a good 4+ man party in PK then we slowly branched our duo clan out to counter it but i think it was rare for us to have more than 5 people in a party

for us seeing it was always a duo rogue setup so it came down to knowing who was the better support rogue and who was the better DPS rogue in terms of skills and knowing each players limits and timing for when to cure/heal/attack ect although i know from my last time on any form of KO it came down to priest numbers vs any type of skill/tactic you had at your disposal so no matter how good you are you will always be countered which is why i think many people dont like the current state of KO seeing its mainly about priest numbers that you can organize/throw at the enemy where you can time 10k AOE heals between priests that go 60/60 builds vs the old school KO was yea a cluster fuck of carnage in the bowl/base but it wasnt as organized as todays state

A simple question that I figured I should have asked already.

Which one of these four expansions you like the most?:

Reign Of Fire Drake - 80 cap, Bi-Frost items and Forgotten Temple items max. No other special events. Valkyries as the only cospre item, old Moradon.
    Moradon: The Resurrection - New moradon, Gryphon armor and Pathos gloves, the introduction of BDW and Juraid Mountain, Accredited and Royal Knight grades and new capes, pets.
    Forgotten Frontiers - Lvl 83 cap, Krowaz weapon manufacturing, 2nd personal quest, no krowaz armors yet, Bahamut cospre armor.
    The Chaos: Krowaz armor manufacturing, Chaos event, new skill effects.
    Also, do people prefer Krowaz armors or Shell as max armor? :P I demand answers people!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast