Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by zuka Also with cospre items and the events . + W/out Coold down minor, arrow....
Page: 6

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Also with cospre items and the events .
    + W/out Coold down minor, arrow.
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    I would prefer a all version server.. start from the 1.081 source, go to 1.098 and so on.. would be unique as fuck and not too mention.. I miss 1.098..
    Haha, you know we could totally implement support for 1.098 if we cared to. I made a point of doing so for older versions (1.5xx, 1.4xx, 1.2xx) already, though having said that, they only use mgame's new quest system (1.4xx onwards), so it'd need a bit of work implementing quest stuff for those older versions. I'd probably stick with Lua, rather than go back and reimplement support for EVT, so it'd just be a matter of tweaking the handler to not use the new quest stuff (since the packet changed), and... unfortunately, fully reimplementing all the quest NPCs -- that is, without the aid of the new quest system (obscurely) doing all the heavy lifting.

It'd be a neat opportunity to work on/use our own (portable) client though. I was updating that to support 1.298 (a while ago), but 1.098 obviously requires even less effort. The only problem being I doubt it could be updated fast enough to support newer clients, a lot of that stuff is annoyingly awkward to implement. Oh well, one can dream. ^_^

Anyway: probably, though, a 1.098 server would attract far less attention than a newer server would (even with the prospect of later expansions); I really can't imagine a 1.098 server building a bigger population than, say, a 2.0xx (or whatever) server. At the end of the day, a high population is a crucial element for the longevity the server (esp. for farm servers), so meh.

I like the thought of 1.098, and I think at least we could do it without much of an issue (idk about the requester), but I don't think it'd be great in the long run starting from 1.098 or even 1.298 for that matter. I think it'd have to start from where newer content was available; like ROFD.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalFire View Post
    swiftly dodges the answer he must go by a nickname of sorts no?
    Does it really matter though? Does knowing somehow change what you'd like to see in a server?
    I think this is a great thread that any owner can utilise, not just the requester. Great job Kallop. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Also with cospre items and the events .
    TBH, any server should have cospre items/set items/Krowaz item skill proc'ing; we implemented this ages ago in our project when it was open source. A lot (I'd hazard a guess at most, even) of those servers using newer files are from ours.
    Events were, however, left to them to implement as we'd planned to, and long since have, written up a sensible event system to handle these (and potentially custom) events with minimal effort, so I can't speak for other servers' events. If they're anything like AKUMA's/katana(tr)'s though, they're hilariously bad. XD

Little bit rambly, but my point was that I doubt cospre items (or sets, or Krowaz items...) are an issue for any server using newer files... since we implemented those for them already, probably over a year ago now even. You can count on them! >_<"
    zuka likes this.

I think this sums up the whole ko community, and what will probably happen.

Last edited by MrRapist; 06-06-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Fixed the image for you =D
    twostars and mortal like this.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

It needs to happen in the summer if it wants the most possible players

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    It needs to happen in the summer if it wants the most possible players
    Competing for players against OSKO is nuts.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Competing for players against OSKO is nuts.
    It's a good thing the summer is 3 months long

Banned Senior Member

It's a good thing OSKO is a terrible ran server and will most likely launch a new server three times this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    It's a good thing OSKO is a terrible ran server and will most likely launch a new server three times this summer.
    Idk bout terribly run server. Whether server owners want to admit it or not they run servers to make money, not any of that i want to give people that old ko feeling bullshit. Nd in that aspect osko is succeeding lol, they found a formula and it works. They come out with a new server every couple of months and than merge players complain but in the end they give in, you want to blame anyone blame the players. Cant be mad at professor for finding a formula that works that keeps making him a ton of money.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

George is right, I saw somebody's signature long time ago on this forum saying "Mgame doesn't steal your money, you let them take it" which is the same thing among all those farm servers. Aventually it's gonna close, they all do. But it's not cause server is bad or poorly setup it's because there is so many private servers, that people are use to go to new ones to get the new beggining thrill. The percentage of the KO community that likes this "new thrill" as I reffered to it it's way outnumbering people that would prefer staying on 1 server and continue playing on it. That's why those that enjoy and stick to 1 server are in the end forced to try out a new one cause the population drops. It's a paradox really ><.
    That's why I'm trying to come up with pvp formula server with some bits of farming added. That won't be to hard I suppose, the hardest part will be building a community that would stick to it. I am very fond of the old 15xx sexyko to be honnest it had longitivity, no matter how much some hated the PVP style of sexyko. And donations gathered from cospree items are enough to keep server up from month to month.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    George is right, I saw somebody's signature long time ago on this forum saying "Mgame doesn't steal your money, you let them take it" which is the same thing among all those farm servers. Aventually it's gonna close, they all do. But it's not cause server is bad or poorly setup it's because there is so many private servers, that people are use to go to new ones to get the new beggining thrill. The percentage of the KO community that likes this "new thrill" as I reffered to it it's way outnumbering people that would prefer staying on 1 server and continue playing on it. That's why those that enjoy and stick to 1 server are in the end forced to try out a new one cause the population drops. It's a paradox really ><.
    That's why I'm trying to come up with pvp formula server with some bits of farming added. That won't be to hard I suppose, the hardest part will be building a community that would stick to it. I am very fond of the old 15xx sexyko to be honnest it had longitivity, no matter how much some hated the PVP style of sexyko. And donations gathered from cospree items are enough to keep server up from month to month.
    Like i said before, SexyKO lasted so long, it ran dead because it became so old, peoples went to other servers and shit like that. Re-Launch a totally fresh 100% 15xx SexyKO and trust me, it will be flooded with players, keep it the way it was back then, even tho there were alot of mages and the pk wasn't that good at some specific moments.. But people played it for a reason, the server setup was really really good and the server lasted that long for a reason. If i had the chance, knowledge and time to run a server like that no1 will stop me from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    Like i said before, SexyKO lasted so long, it ran dead because it became so old, peoples went to other servers and shit like that. Re-Launch a totally fresh 100% 15xx SexyKO and trust me, it will be flooded with players, keep it the way it was back then, even tho there were alot of mages and the pk wasn't that good at some specific moments.. But people played it for a reason, the server setup was really really good and the server lasted that long for a reason. If i had the chance, knowledge and time to run a server like that no1 will stop me from doing it.
    it would be do-able, but it wouldn't change the fact that people play till a point they are on top (10?) or less... and when they reach point they can't win a duel or just overall getting raided all the time they change a server and play it for day or two.

or not necessary even that specific version, but a server with people committed to support and stay there despite the challenges they might face and owners should keep game entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    it would be do-able, but it wouldn't change the fact that people play till a point they are on top (10?) or less... and when they reach point they can't win a duel or just overall getting raided all the time they change a server and play it for day or two.

or not necessary even that specific version, but a server with people committed to support and stay there despite the challenges they might face and owners should keep game entertaining.
    The way SexyKO was kept people entertaining due to enough pk, events to join, improvements could still be made but it wouldn't harm people that are new, nor it would keep them away from the server if they do know that the chance to become as strong as the top 5 is really big, and not hard to obtain. The only thing that will get people to quit, or not even bother starting is by seeing that the top people have earned millions of np's and some just care to much about that, and don't want to be behind that far. In other words, the donate-np's system for royal and shit solves that issue quite well. My opinion, get sexyko back like how it was: +8/+0, the same PUS with all the usko-events to keep people entertained with some good rewards, like chests and stuff to get your hb/chd. People that are willing to pay can get cospres and stuff like that. I'm sure that will work out like it did the last time, as long as you keep it just that way like SexyReplay did. Sad to see that that guy totally dissapeared.

EDIT: The reason SexyKO didn't die that fast was because babashoppers can't become to OP, like take Knight Kingdom as an example: People babashop so many trina's or shadow pieces to get their raptors+11 and their krowaz rev +5/6/7/8 whatever, this scares people away and make them quit. In SexyKO you could buy rev scrolls to look more ''cool'' than others, cospre's for the little extra's same for pathos and the chd's and shit from PUS were also obtainable in-game, there was no WAY TO OP babashopper that made everyone quit because he was just not-killable. Think about it, and you'll see it works out for whoever is gonna create a server like sexyreplay did.
    SheldonCooper likes this.

The way SexyKO was kept people entertaining due to enough pk, events to join, improvements could still be made but it wouldn't harm people that are new, nor it would keep them away from the server if they do know that the chance to become as strong as the top 5 is really big, and not hard to obtain. The only thing that will get people to quit, or not even bother starting is by seeing that the top people have earned millions of np's and some just care to much about that, and don't want to be behind that far. In other words, the donate-np's system for royal and shit solves that issue quite well. My opinion, get sexyko back like how it was: +8/+0, the same PUS with all the usko-events to keep people entertained with some good rewards, like chests and stuff to get your hb/chd. People that are willing to pay can get cospres and stuff like that. I'm sure that will work out like it did the last time, as long as you keep it just that way like SexyReplay did. Sad to see that that guy totally dissapeared.

EDIT: The reason SexyKO didn't die that fast was because babashoppers can't become to OP, like take Knight Kingdom as an example: People babashop so many trina's or shadow pieces to get their raptors+11 and their krowaz rev +5/6/7/8 whatever, this scares people away and make them quit. In SexyKO you could buy rev scrolls to look more ''cool'' than others, cospre's for the little extra's same for pathos and the chd's and shit from PUS were also obtainable in-game, there was no WAY TO OP babashopper that made everyone quit because he was just not-killable. Think about it, and you'll see it works out for whoever is gonna create a server like sexyreplay did.
    now that you put it this way it make so much more sense , but wouldn't a monthly reset for nation points do the trick?
    I think the major issue is the PUS and it shouldn't exist for more than allowing people look more 'cool' as you said , but as you probably know yourself that current server owners are all about making profit and that's the main issue. They care about the server for first few days and then it's lack of interest towards the players which leads to inactivity and eventually the server is dead.

Any here wanna try the professionalko?? i need to know if this server can have a lot players online . To the private server players like it?

SexyKO was popular because it was the first server with 100% working USKO skills, rebirth and cospre items. The people kept playing because it was unique for a long time and people kept coming back because it was able to hold 500-600 players, although most of them were mages. It died out simply because newer servers with the same features were launched and most of the population moved on. In the end it was a really damn boring server in my opinion.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast