Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Kallop I actually know a few devs who are willing to try out new stuff. I honestly ...
Page: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I actually know a few devs who are willing to try out new stuff. I honestly got no idea why get so worked up over this topic. The reason why we don't discuss 12xx/13xx is because we already have that. If devs stopped chasing their own dreams and focused more on the players themselves they could produce decent servers, but most people don't bother.

Honestly you people. If you're so content with your current files and server types then go ahead, build a server and go for it. Let's just see how successful you guys will be with your overused ideas and files. If you succeed, I'll praise you. If you fail, I'll ignore you.
    I think the community is divided between players who care about new features and those who cares about stability. I just don't understand why you got so negative attitude about 1.298 or 1.310 , because those could be fun with right developer. You can't call them boring based on failed servers and because of greedy admins. I know many who would love to see a bit newer version out there and who knows, maybe you got a good developer and I hope that someone finally release a working 15 or 18 server with success , but not that many has.

This topic is great way for people to understand what people like now and it helps new developers or even old ones to improve their files and databases.

Banned Senior Member

Okay.. so is this topic what? A development topic? A hypothetical theory? I am extremely confused. So we aren't discussing 12xx or 13xx because we already have them.. so we are going to all go discuss files that aren't publicly released. I guess I am far too realistic, and far from optimistic.

@Twostars, This entire topic is just a bunch of ideas with no one really doing anything about them, it's rather useless. We have seen topics like these on KO4LIFE and they de-rail quickly. While it's a-okay to be optimistic I suppose, anyone can throw ideas out and go hell yeah, look at that! An idea! But if you don't posses the skill set necessary to actually execute the idea, it's worthless. However, don't get me wrong, his ideas are solid and I do like them, however, it just isn't going to happen. If it does happen! Kudos and I wish you the best of luck.

Done replying to this topic as it truthfully is just a bunch of ideas with no execution.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

It's a theory @ Reeses. And Kallop willing to try is far from make it work in reality. No offense to you but this topic kinda is getting no where :P In reality the way I see it how you want the server, you will probably have to pay good money to a damn good developer to get what you want as in make it in your own image, I doubt anyone will do the server exactly as you want it, reason being many players and developers/admins that experienced the game for 6 or 7 years + or simply observed variety of different servers poping out and dying out will instantly see many flaws in your hypothesis of potentialy, as what I believe you reffered to it an "undying" server. That being 1 factor, 2nd being pretty much what mortal summed up in his replies reffering to KO community.

Attention and opinions are the only things that this topic sought. Both have been achieved to an extent. Most likely trying to contact somebody who knows about the Turkish community more so I could hear them out as well.

Just to avoid further misunderstandings. I'm not making a server, nor will I be a part of any server. If I have something to do with a server then it's purely providing knowledge and ideas from a player's perspective. I don't/won't accept any money from anybody, nor will I pay for anything KO related. Money transactions are completely out of question for me. Just pointing that out cuz I've been asked a couple times if I'm getting paid for making a topic, which is rather funny.

The funniest part of this whole argument is the fact that none of you have ever given longevity another thought. If there ever was a server where I could play for more than 1-2 months, I'd be satisfied. Regardless of the server version. But based on all of your replies among other things, I kind of have to disregard your opinions.

@Reeses (Iamcoolz I hear?), making a 12xx or 13xx full PvP server should be the easiest task for a dev to make. Just give everybody full gear and then launch it. Nothing to farm, just full pk. I don't see how that would work but if you're so content with the idea then go for it. Btw, why can't this topic be both and neither at the same time? It's not aimed for anybody special, yet the information was requested since it's rather hard to obtain unless you've been around for a while. And even then it will be completely biased by the person's opinions. It's much like the older topics made by multiple people, yet it's not. It's purpose was fulfilled because it caught people's attention and we're already going to be 10+ pages possibly by tomorrow.

Basically, a how-to-topic guide for you devs around. Post your idea, ask if people like it before launching. Collect information and plan rather than keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again until you finally succeed. If any one of you have a server idea that you think could work, then go ahead and post it here. At least some people will bother to point out pros and cons.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

This topic is actually not useless at all. The responses on this topic is what is useless, the idea of a 15xx or 18xx+ server is not as far fetched as you think.
    nickos3 and ScreameR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    This topic is actually not useless at all. The responses on this topic is what is useless, the idea of a 15xx or 18xx+ server is not as far fetched as you think.
    Exactly. There are multiple servers with 18xx 19xx files already. In order to go 15xx you could possibly "dumb it down" and make it feel like 15xx without actually having the correct files But yeah once I stop being lazy I'll type out another idea with expansions and such. Wish people came up with more innovative ideas tho

Server 1 is the one I would rather play

KOISDRUGS Senior Member PenguOwnz's Avatar

hard farm til i die
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

Shieet was working and tired so haven't had time to do anything I suppose the thread somewhat delivered it's purpose. At least in some way.

Oh hey, wassap with this project Twostar ? is it going well ? no updates so far

Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Oh hey, wassap with this project Twostar ? is it going well ? no updates so far
    Last update was actually Github Repository for KO Development

We just finished rewriting all of the database code with performance (not to mention stability) in mind, so while that took a bit it was completely worth it. Removed a lot of the on-demand database strain, so the general login process should be much smoother/have far less impact with many players logging in simultaneously. Additionally, a lot of the systems that relied on the database (friends list, letter system, item sealing, etc, etc, etc) no longer do so, which means the server feels far more responsive as it doesn't have to wait to hear back from the database for things like requesting friends/letter lists, reading letters, adding/removing friends, etc -- it'll just do it for you (practically instantly) and handle syncing with the database behind-the-scenes where you don't need to wait for/care about it.

The last thing we wanted is for database requests to be slowing things down, primarily the login process -- but on-demand in-game stuff is (or well, was) fairly 'scary' too.

Now (and especially since) that's done, we started going back over and testing all the features to make sure everything still behaves correctly, so far so good. Beyond that, aside from minor stuff (such as couple of passive achievements I hadn't yet implemented [the only ones left] because it appears I need to resort to identifying them by [hardcoded] achievement ID, ugh [edit: this is now done.]), the server's pretty much done. As is the database. We want to implement some custom stuff before we launch, but there's also the website that still needs doing & emulating the newfangled PUS (work on this has already begun).

We're surprisingly close to having announcement/beta launch plans, but - as you're probably used to me saying by now - until we get all our ducks in a row I'd rather not say anything more.

When we do though we'll finally be able to announce it in our own advert thread(s).
    Last edited by twostars; 08-27-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    nickos3 and zuka like this.

Banned Member

Nice two. But did you and zuka miss the topic?
    Github Repository for KO Development

Quote Originally Posted by HariMataHari View Post
    Nice two. But did you and zuka miss the topic?
    Github Repository for KO Development
    Pretty sure I didn't, as I even linked to it directly to point him in the right direction...

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Pretty sure I didn't, as I even linked to it directly to point him in the right direction...
    Yeah, you edited it now. I'd say Kallop is one of your Ducks :]

Quote Originally Posted by HariMataHari View Post
    Yeah, you edited it now. I'd say Kallop is one of your Ducks :]
    Um... no? It was there from the start, the only thing I edited was " ugh [edit: this is now done.]", you can check the last edit time. Not that it really matters, but it being the first line in my post is kind of hard to miss...

Posted at: 08-27-2014, 03:21 PM
    Edited at: 08-27-2014 at 04:24 PM
    Your reply: 08-28-2014, 03:01 AM

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast