Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Edited this topic a little. Because I don't think I'm allowed to post another topic. Here are some polls that ...
Page: 1

Default From the players, to the players.

Edited this topic a little. Because I don't think I'm allowed to post another topic. Here are some polls that should clarify things a bit. Had to make them on ApexKO forums bevause I couldn't seem to be able to add multiple questions here, or anywhere online :l Decided to handle it this way.

I will add more questions as time goes because making polls using your phone is a pain in the ass. But for now here they are:

Poll #1

Poll #2

Poll #3

Poll #4

Poll #5

Poll #6

Poll #7

Poll #8

Poll #9
    Last edited by Kallop; 01-06-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    twostars, zuka, MrRapist and 8 others like this.

Oh yes, simply because I typed out a total 17000 characters and had to edit the text multiple times I'll mention this here. Whatever suggestion you make can be discussed. Everything is available. Anything can be designed and changed as long as the very core of KO stays the same. Basically anything from version 12xx all the way to 20xx is available to us. If there is something you really want in a server then say it! But between these 2 options, pick one. Tell me which one you would prefer out of these 2 options based on server version, lvl cap and highest obtainable gear. Thank you in advance

I am Timmeh Senior Member

ROFD imo would be the best but probably the hardest to make
    amd when I say probably I mean it would be

the only server i know of to date thats in development with 100% working 20xx version, would possibly be oldschoolKO, but i doubt they have everything working 100%, apart from twostars project, so i highly doubt who ever pm'ed you have everything fixed 100%.

PS. not to shit on your fire but why would they go to you and not post themselfs? something to hide im guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    the only server i know of to date thats in development with 100% working 20xx version, would possibly be oldschoolKO, but i doubt they have everything working 100%, apart from twostars project, so i highly doubt who ever pm'ed you have everything fixed 100%.

PS. not to shit on your fire but why would they go to you and not post themselfs? something to hide im guessing?
    Not here to talk about that. My goal is to simply find out what would be the perfect, the most ultimate private server people desire. If everything would be available, then what would people want? Basically, if ANYBODY were to make a server based on those ideals it would be fine by me. The reason why I bothered was because it was a direct request and I've already presented some of my thoughts here.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    ROFD imo would be the best but probably the hardest to make
    amd when I say probably I mean it would be
    I figured as much. Exactly why the first idea was based on ROFD. I've had a lot of people tell me the same thing. The difficulty won't be taken in to consideration in this topic. The idea is to find an opinion with no restrictions except keeping KO as KO.
    Last edited by Kallop; 05-31-2014 at 02:28 PM.

RealNiggaRollCall Senior Member

on topic one, I think 1-2 bus every 2-3 mins would drive anyone crazy thats worse than osko rates

Quote Originally Posted by spiked View Post
    on topic one, I think 1-2 bus every 2-3 mins would drive anyone crazy thats worse than osko rates
    Is it? How high would you estimate the OSKO rates? I kind of went a little overboard with some plans and ideas so when I ended up typing this out some of the small stuff was left out nearly unplanned. But yeah, the BUS drop rate would have to be based on the high class weapon drop rate so I don't know about the actual rates yet. I pictured the drop rate for high class weapons being quite low, like 10-15% high class from monsters, but of course things will be edited based on the suggestions made on this topic.

Banned Senior Member

Both server ideas in which you mentioned would be extremely hard for any amateur coder to make. Not to mention the public releases of the 15xx/18xx files are REALLY buggy and not worth the time. Of course, there is people who ''claim'' they start from scratch but in reality are using neros buggy files.

In reality the only person on this forum capable of making such task happen is twostars. In fact he already has it happening with his snoxdko project (unless I'm mistaken twoey not sure which vers you currently are can't remember :P) Unless I'm mistaken of course and they're someone else with that knowledge.

I mean priv serv developers can use those files but they really... really... are not worth the time/stress/money to make them compatible. Some developers would however use those files to make a quick buck then go MIA.

1298 is probably the best option for most devs.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Both server ideas in which you mentioned would be extremely hard for any amateur coder to make. Not to mention the public releases of the 15xx/18xx files are REALLY buggy and not worth the time. Of course, there is people who ''claim'' they start from scratch but in reality are using neros buggy files.

In reality the only person on this forum capable of making such task happen is twostars. In fact he already has it happening with his snoxdko project (unless I'm mistaken twoey not sure which vers you currently are can't remember :P) Unless I'm mistaken of course and they're someone else with that knowledge.

I mean priv serv developers can use those files but they really... really... are not worth the time/stress/money to make them compatible. Some developers would however use those files to make a quick buck then go MIA.

Actually if you ask me it is well worth the time for the money you would make... That is of course if you know what you are doing but twostars has his own emulator project and he has the snoxd project from what he told me

Banned Senior Member

What does 2+2=?

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    What does 2+2=?
    4 /4.69 vat :P

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post

It's a hypothetical question. I figured people need the motivation to create something that we want. If the developers see what the community truly desires, completely unrestricted, they possible money made out of that project should motivate them well enough. Obviously I'm rooting for the "impossible" ROFD project as well since there are plenty of people who want a server like that. The long begged SexyKO farm server that still hasn't come out yet ;P

Option 2 looks more fun and exciting

#Server 2 is the best.

Make it 50% farm rate of USKO

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Server #1

Level cap: 80
    Server version: Reign Of Fire Drake / Moradon: The Resurrection
    Server type: Medium-farm/exp
    Highest obtainable gear: Shells, Bi-frost, Forgotten Temple and Juraid weapons.
    Scrolls: 1500/300 and Attack scroll & Speed potion from NPC. 2000/350, Lion scroll and Stat+ scrolls from PUS.
    Max upgrade: +8/+1 or +9/+2 with +9 being incredibly hard to obtain.
    Extra info: Cospre armor like Valkyrie/Gryphon, pathos gloves, accredited and royal knight quests and long capes, transformation scrolls from PUS, skills working 100%, rebirth items working 100% and available to everyone, even achievement system from the newest version of USKO 100% working! Basically everything from USKO version 20xx is available and 100% working. Things can also be limited if found necessary.

Server #2

Level cap: 83
    Server version: 18xx or 20xx.
    Server type: Medium-farm/exp
    Highest obtainable gear: Either Krowaz and Super-Shell armor and Krowaz weapons. Or Shell armor and Krowaz weapons.
    Scrolls: 1500/300 and Attack scroll & Speed potion from NPC. 2000/350, Lion scroll and Stat+ scrolls from PUS.
    Max upgrade: +9/+2
    Extra info: Cospre armor like Valkyrie/Gryphon, pathos gloves, accredited and royal knight quests and long capes, transformation scrolls from PUS, skills working 100%, rebirth items working 100% and available to everyone, even achievement system from the newest version of USKO 100% working! Basically everything from USKO version 20xx is available and 100% working. Things can also be limited if found necessary.

These are the things you should mainly look at when choosing which version you think is better. The rest of it is just a part of the planning that I filled in to give an overall idea about what kind of farm server we're talking about. Basically, do you prefer older version lvl 80 cap or do you like the newer version with 83 cap. All events and such can be added regardless of the version.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast