Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The sad reality is no matter how succesfull server you make or not make. In the end people will go ...
Page: 2

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

The sad reality is no matter how succesfull server you make or not make. In the end people will go to a new one simply for the reason cause they are not "the best " on this one or they are simply " server jumpers" like majority of most, and they get bored to fast. I've witnessed every server to suffer the same faith at one point or another. Longest holding up by my experience were OSKO and SexyKO and later Knight Kingdom. The reallity is that we are not in old usko times anymore e.g ares diez xigenon and so forth, where people kept playing cause they didn't know everything about the game yet. Everyone developed a skill on a level, how should I say " decency " everyone think they are decent or best, if that's not the case showing in progress in any server, they will move to a new one and try to pursue their goal. That's how it is and always will be in PSKO community. The community itself is the problem, that being one possible reason, or it's the game itself getting way outdated. And we're moving inside of this paradox unfortunately, and I believe nobody ever expressed this before. But in all honnesty that's how it is and it will kept getting worse. Mark my words and wait for it. The server with an amazing idea that can't get boring might succeed but it would require 2000+ player base. But to build player base as such it's to damn difficult. OSKO with their new project is on a very good path and it shows great promise. They rebuilt the 19xx version giving it that old school look a like. That is something and it might possibly be closes to what you suggested here.
    N4v4rr0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The long begged SexyKO farm server that still hasn't come out yet ;P
    Not really an spoiler , but i smell it might be around before xmas , tho my predictions is that it wont be as good as SexyKO used to be (population wise) , because it has lost alot of crediblity , im guessing it will come under another name aswell to catch a fresh enviroment .

ps: redneck mad cus cant add valks.

Osko's business model makes me lul because of how everyone keeps falling for it everytime. They come out with a server big population everyone happy, they come out with a new server so people spend a crap load of money again old server loses population, everyone cries but joins new server anyway. Than they merge lol, gotta give it up to professor.

nd also im suprised their was no 70 cap farm server choice, i know tons of people who prefer that to an 80/83 cap.

oh and also, i think main pvp zone should be the rlb map, because i feel like that is the best pvp map and the funnest

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    Osko's business model makes me lul because of how everyone keeps falling for it everytime. They come out with a server big population everyone happy, they come out with a new server so people spend a crap load of money again old server loses population, everyone cries but joins new server anyway. Than they merge lol, gotta give it up to professor.

nd also im suprised their was no 70 cap farm server choice, i know tons of people who prefer that to an 80/83 cap.

oh and also, i think main pvp zone should be the rlb map, because i feel like that is the best pvp map and the funnest
    After I finished typing there were a total of 16700 characters and the max is 15000 so I had to edit it out. I was going to mention the possibilities for a complete RLB private server and an ardream one as well. Also, I figured there are countless lvl 70 cap servers out there already which is why I didn't add 70 cap there.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    The server with an amazing idea that can't get boring might succeed but it would require 2000+ player base. But to build player base as such it's to damn difficult. OSKO with their new project is on a very good path and it shows great promise. They rebuilt the 19xx version giving it that old school look a like. That is something and it might possibly be closes to what you suggested here.
    OSKO has been losing players lately as well though. Everybody knows the server will close eventually and they will launch a new one. Also, as far as my past experience tells me, MYKO based servers get really boring in the long run although I don't really know why.

I have a feeling that both of the options will cut down 50% of possible population just because of 80/83 -caps. So many players share the same experience of lvling that up and endless amount of farming that makes people leave.
    EUKO for example, it took shitloads of time to get capped level. Then it took shit-tons of more time to farm proper krowaz -sets. People just can't spend that much time to farm over pking.

Sheldon is right about server-hoppers. The META of KO at the moment is "Go to a new server, get rekt, go to a new server". Same thing in CZ, people are scared to take a good assbeating and instantly leave bowl/cz if they see the same players who gave them beating before.

For me, new OSKO -server looks promising. Still hate the fact that there are same admins/gm's who favour their friends too much over other players. Nevertheless, that happens all over community so we just need to deal with it.
    Im hoping for Knight-Imperia -type server with full focus on CZ/BDW/LW.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    I have a feeling that both of the options will cut down 50% of possible population just because of 80/83 -caps. So many players share the same experience of lvling that up and endless amount of farming that makes people leave.
    EUKO for example, it took shitloads of time to get capped level. Then it took shit-tons of more time to farm proper krowaz -sets. People just can't spend that much time to farm over pking.

For me, new OSKO -server looks promising. Still hate the fact that there are same admins/gm's who favour their friends too much over other players. Nevertheless, that happens all over community so we just need to deal with it.
    Im hoping for Knight-Imperia -type server with full focus on CZ/BDW/LW.
    Hmm, so let's say the beginner gear is similar to the one in EUKO (Shells +6 with resists as I recall) and high class weapons and such are quite easy to get. Krowaz armors were just a suggestion although I personally see no need to add them. How long do you think getting a +7 set or so should take? I figured with a healthy economy it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds since there would be plenty of ways of getting money.

Beginner gear should be 10,000 noah's and that's it, we are talking about remaking a nostalgic server afterall.

Normally farming shell set +7 with pretty normal rates takes 1-3 months from day1 depending how much trina's you use. (note: On current state, just few will get set+7's before the server goes down so its hard to guess).

Prodigy is right with the RLB -map as a main pk-zone. Something that would lure shitloads of players aswell would be "Shipmap" on Wars. That's something that has been requested by players so many times, but only so few to actually deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Beginner gear should be 10,000 noah's and that's it, we are talking about remaking a nostalgic server afterall.

Normally farming shell set +7 with pretty normal rates takes 1-3 months from day1 depending how much trina's you use. (note: On current state, just few will get set+7's before the server goes down so its hard to guess).

Prodigy is right with the RLB -map as a main pk-zone. Something that would lure shitloads of players aswell would be "Shipmap" on Wars. That's something that has been requested by players so many times, but only so few to actually deliver it.
    Knight kingdom has shipmap, more than 2000 players and most or everything mentioned in this topic.

I agree with the statements that the community itself is the problem. Start late is and most people are like 'ok not my server'... However that they want to be the best is displayed well in the amount of clans that break up because members are dissatisfied with a secundary role and create separatist movements inside a functioning clan.

Also I really enjoyed seeing the comment about lowering the amount of coin required to purchase from npc's. This will fix the 21 gbs max as long as large sums of money are hard to get. Make the 50k bounty on a clanleader during invasions quite a nice goal to pursue. Though potentially heavily exploited. Never understood why stuff that was supposed to be rewarding would buy me 15 potions. Feeling of small achievements will be higher that way too. Probably one of the best and most promising suggestions I've seen as of yet.

Just wasting your time to be honest kallop, but I guess your bored without a server to play. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    Just wasting your time to be honest kallop, but I guess your bored without a server to play. ^^
    Pretty much. Although I got some other stuff to do meanwhile, but this as a side project seemed like a fun idea :P As long as I do something I like it's not a waste.

Right now what I already know about private servers are these pretty basic things.

EXP and Farming - Server lives longer because players are more committed. Even if EXP seems like a waste of time.
    PK - Without any clear or long term goal gets repetitive and boring in the long run.
    Cospre items & Rebirth - So far has shown huge amount of interest regardless of the server type.

The reason why people stick to servers is because after working for their gear they find PK very enjoyable. The best part of the server is the journey, not the goal. Once it becomes a daily routine to PK for 1-2 hours with the same people, against the same people, things get boring. This is why I support servers with +9 items and upgradeable jewelry. +8 +0 might be enough to PK, but the possibility of getting even better gear motivates people to keep farming and stick to the server. These are the reasons why I figured a middle farm server would be the best choice. Basic gear that allows you to do plenty of things on your own, but lot's of space for improvement.

P.S Once I figure which one of these 2 server types would be more popular I'll edit the main post and add another option. I figured ardream could work as a 2ndary pk zone in a highly populated 80 cap farm server though. Possibly to be released like 1 month after official. RLB server seems like an interesting idea so I suppose we'll see how much interest that gathers. I've heard from a Spanish friend that the Spanish community prefers 70 and 80 cap servers though.
    Last edited by Kallop; 06-01-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Grab your c++'s and start working on bugged 19xx files It seems that only those can be worked on a promising server as far as it seems. Even OSKO is switching to 19xx source, they gonna keep it 70 max tho with old look a like UIs but it's gonna be 19xx source. I think 12xx servers are pretty much dead. If I knew anything about editing a db source 19xx or even 15xx and setting it up properly i'd be already working on it I always wanted to make 15xx fire drake that very same version. I think everyone really loved that one, where there were still no minor cooldown and stuff just kinda seemed balanced somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Grab your c++'s and start working on bugged 19xx files It seems that only those can be worked on a promising server as far as it seems. Even OSKO is switching to 19xx source, they gonna keep it 70 max tho with old look a like UIs but it's gonna be 19xx source. I think 12xx servers are pretty much dead. If I knew anything about editing a db source 19xx or even 15xx and setting it up properly i'd be already working on it I always wanted to make 15xx fire drake that very same version. I think everyone really loved that one, where there were still no minor cooldown and stuff just kinda seemed balanced somehow.
    When it comes to programming I'm a total newbie. My talent lies within thinking rather than learning. I never study, I just question and wonder. If I learn something then it's coincidental. Not to mention when I usually learn something I quickly manage to forget it. But what I gather from this post is that you also lean towards ROFD version, am I correct?

Still if someone wonders why 80 cap over 70 cap? Well I've heard plenty of people request for a 80 cap farm server with the actual correct files and not the buggy ones in common use. Also, 80 cap has much more room for development than 70 cap. 70 cap is for those who look for the old school nostalgia and thus it's hard to implement anything new that would work together with the old school feeling. Even adding new items might ruin the experience and thus I feel like 80 cap would be a much smarter choice. In the end it's all about the server version that people relate to. If the server version is KE/MYKO, then they expect those basics from that server. If the server version is 18xx/19xx, then they expect the new files and new events and such. I feel like 15xx version would be somewhere in between these 2, pleasing both sides of the community.

I've got some sources and I might be able to buy off 15xx sexyko database, if i get it imma geek myself into c++ as i did in sql and make it work. That's a promise. The thing is i probably won't need to learn everything about c++ since that database was kinda perfect. So there's hope yet ! ( #feeling thrilled )

A simple question that I figured I should have asked already.

Which one of these four expansions you like the most?:

Reign Of Fire Drake - 80 cap, Bi-Frost items and Forgotten Temple items max. No other special events. Valkyries as the only cospre item, old Moradon.
    Moradon: The Resurrection - New moradon, Gryphon armor and Pathos gloves, the introduction of BDW and Juraid Mountain, Accredited and Royal Knight grades and new capes, pets.
    Forgotten Frontiers - Lvl 83 cap, Krowaz weapon manufacturing, 2nd personal quest, no krowaz armors yet, Bahamut cospre armor.
    The Chaos: Krowaz armor manufacturing, Chaos event, new skill effects.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast