Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Kallop Also, do people prefer Krowaz armors or Shell as max armor? :P I demand answers people! ...
Page: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Also, do people prefer Krowaz armors or Shell as max armor? :P I demand answers people!
    i prefer krowaz, since shells are like the old school and krowaz are kinda the new school

Banned

I've always liked the design and looks of the golden armor. I have no idea what they were called... Private servers used to use them as valkyrie in the very beginning I think.

Also, do people prefer Krowaz armors or Shell as max armor? :P I demand answers people!
    Yup krowaz armor would be perfect in forgotten frontiers expansion

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    I've always liked the design and looks of the golden armor. I have no idea what they were called... Private servers used to use them as valkyrie in the very beginning I think.
    Fallen / Hero armor I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    What if there is like a scheduled plan? Like an upgrade every three weeks that features a new event and higher levelcap maybe. Idk.
    I'll probably write out a 80-83 cap server concept based on this system to see how it would work out. Trying to figure out correct rates and stuff to make it as accurate as possible. Then people can say what they think :G

It really comes down to wether it's a 70 capped server or an 80 capped server, I think that the 70 capped ones should focus on capturing that "old school feel" while 80 ones should try to capture the game as it has progressed.

So yeah, imo the optimal would be a server that starts out with a 70 cap with a couple of events like BWD etc, then it progresses into an 80 sever with introduction of stuff like ardream, RLB and additions like krowaz armor and cursed weapons.

70 servers also need to have bosses that spawns in eslant and luffy/emc.

edit: I'd also like some semi-hard exp rates for these kinds of servers.

I also support the idea of progression, start with level 70 cap, shells as top armor and maybe bifrost as top weapons.
    My personal opinion on this:

EXP
    A good amount of time for hitting level 70 would be 2-3 of days of exping ( not hardcore 24hours per day,say a total of 8-10 hours of exp ). This way, people will pk in lvls 62-70 not only once they hit 70.

Then make it 80 cap and implement, krowaz and juraid.
    Hitting 80 should be somewhat hard, say 1 level every 2 hours of exping or something.
    This way people will not get 80 instantly and own everyone AND people who do not have 5-6 hours per day for exping ( like myself ), will be able to catch up a week later tops.

FARM
    Let me start with uniques. Drop rate should depend on the boss respawn time, if bosses respawn every 40minutes or so, then make the drop rate lower. If they are 4-8 hours like usko, increase them by alot.

Also the idea of getting old uniques is pretty descent for such a private server because there are always some clans who farm all the bosses and have uniques +1, when people who play solo or with 2-3 friends end up with +9's and we all know it is very unbalanced.
    But uniques +1 vs old uniques is very close match up.

Make chitins, md;s,glaves worth. Those items should be slightly harder to make +8 than shells,raptors etc +7 so that we can have some trades like md +8 for 2 shell +7 etc, just to have a market going on.

Bifrost weapons should be elite, a.k.a hard to get. An avedon +7 should be harder to get than a raptor +8.

70+
    Add krowaz and juraid weapons but make them even harder than bifrost items to get. This way shells +7/+8 are not useless, raptors +8, avedons +7 are still good to have and we can see people using krowaz even at +6.

MARKET
    This is probably the most important part of the whole game. The 2 best private servers I played where lostsoulz and knight imperia. Both servers had a stable economy, farming/upgrading and finally merchanting was worth the time.

I said make the farm a bit harder because this way the market will be active. If everyone can have shells,raptors,krowaz,juraid items at +8, uniques +1, then why would anyone wanna buy something else. If on the other hand, an avedon +7 is worth 3 shells +7 or say a raptor +8 then you can always trade them.

Same thing goes for uniques, if you cannot farm uniques ( lack of time or team ) you can farm bifrost or juraid, make a +8 weapon or 2-3 +7's and trade them for a rol.

If the economy of a server dies, the server itself will.

MASTERS
    I dont like auto master servers, but I hate those that require farming master items.
    It is impossible for solo/duo players to get them, especially if there is no market around and farming items to trade them for masters is impossible.
    A good idea would be to make them as a quest or something. Instead of requiring lobo/lupus/lycaon pendat, require that you just kill those bosses like exp quests in usko.

SUMMING UP
    A dream server for me would be a server where :
    I would have to exp for a couple of days, farm was continuous ( but worth the time, farming 2-3 hours for a chitin part +7 is ridiculous ), had a reason to farm ( because of the market ) and finally, there were no over powered donators.

Sorry if my post is long but I really want to see a private server that is actually worth the time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by daddids View Post
    I also support the idea of progression, start with level 70 cap, shells as top armor and maybe bifrost as top weapons.
    My personal opinion on this:

EXP
    A good amount of time for hitting level 70 would be 2-3 of days of exping ( not hardcore 24hours per day,say a total of 8-10 hours of exp ). This way, people will pk in lvls 62-70 not only once they hit 70.

Then make it 80 cap and implement, krowaz and juraid.
    Hitting 80 should be somewhat hard, say 1 level every 2 hours of exping or something.
    This way people will not get 80 instantly and own everyone AND people who do not have 5-6 hours per day for exping ( like myself ), will be able to catch up a week later tops.

FARM
    Let me start with uniques. Drop rate should depend on the boss respawn time, if bosses respawn every 40minutes or so, then make the drop rate lower. If they are 4-8 hours like usko, increase them by alot.

Also the idea of getting old uniques is pretty descent for such a private server because there are always some clans who farm all the bosses and have uniques +1, when people who play solo or with 2-3 friends end up with +9's and we all know it is very unbalanced.
    But uniques +1 vs old uniques is very close match up.

Make chitins, md;s,glaves worth. Those items should be slightly harder to make +8 than shells,raptors etc +7 so that we can have some trades like md +8 for 2 shell +7 etc, just to have a market going on.

Bifrost weapons should be elite, a.k.a hard to get. An avedon +7 should be harder to get than a raptor +8.

70+
    Add krowaz and juraid weapons but make them even harder than bifrost items to get. This way shells +7/+8 are not useless, raptors +8, avedons +7 are still good to have and we can see people using krowaz even at +6.

MARKET
    This is probably the most important part of the whole game. The 2 best private servers I played where lostsoulz and knight imperia. Both servers had a stable economy, farming/upgrading and finally merchanting was worth the time.

I said make the farm a bit harder because this way the market will be active. If everyone can have shells,raptors,krowaz,juraid items at +8, uniques +1, then why would anyone wanna buy something else. If on the other hand, an avedon +7 is worth 3 shells +7 or say a raptor +8 then you can always trade them.

Same thing goes for uniques, if you cannot farm uniques ( lack of time or team ) you can farm bifrost or juraid, make a +8 weapon or 2-3 +7's and trade them for a rol.

If the economy of a server dies, the server itself will.

MASTERS
    I dont like auto master servers, but I hate those that require farming master items.
    It is impossible for solo/duo players to get them, especially if there is no market around and farming items to trade them for masters is impossible.
    A good idea would be to make them as a quest or something. Instead of requiring lobo/lupus/lycaon pendat, require that you just kill those bosses like exp quests in usko.

SUMMING UP
    A dream server for me would be a server where :
    I would have to exp for a couple of days, farm was continuous ( but worth the time, farming 2-3 hours for a chitin part +7 is ridiculous ), had a reason to farm ( because of the market ) and finally, there were no over powered donators.

Sorry if my post is long but I really want to see a private server that is actually worth the time to play.
    So basically a short time of xp and high end gear really hard to obtain and the rest of the stuff moderate? I'm still wondering whether xp should take a while or just skip xp and go farming.. To be honest I think XP should take a while and part of the farming should be done while leveling up.

I would personally love to pk at lvls 62-65-68 with armors and weapons at +7.
    Then pk at 70 with few +8's and some uniques here and there.
    Then at 75 with shells, high class weapons +8 along with some krowaz and juraid weapons +6/+7.
    And finally reach 80 with NOT complete gear and farm some more then.

This way there will be exp/farm/pk parties going on. Not all people will have the same gear ( boring ). And it will keep people's interest because of the different phases they will go through.

So basically a short time of xp and high end gear really hard to obtain and the rest of the stuff moderate? I'm still wondering whether xp should take a while or just skip xp and go farming.. To be honest I think XP should take a while and part of the farming should be done while leveling up.
    I absolutely agree with you on the fact that exping should take a while, make it an effort to reach 70/80.

Other than that I think that the other guy summarized would I'd personally like to see in a sever.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

EXP doesn't workout also to big gap with full geared players and new users doesn't work out. Tested it on my server. Best is probably semi unique starter gear and normal uniques dropping, so the new users have instantly chance to compete.

People get frustrated to fast if they can't instantly do something or compete with othrs. Everyone are spoiled I always find a way on every farm server to catch up, did it on osko joining late and many others, but seems not everyone can. So stuff got to be balanced gear wise and exp wise so the spoiled players can catch up instantly or they will simply quit.

Banned Senior Member

Only if there was someway to make exping easier based on the items/levels in game!? lol

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    EXP doesn't workout also to big gap with full geared players and new users doesn't work out. Tested it on my server. Best is probably semi unique starter gear and normal uniques dropping, so the new users have instantly chance to compete.

People get frustrated to fast if they can't instantly do something or compete with othrs. Everyone are spoiled I always find a way on every farm server to catch up, did it on osko joining late and many others, but seems not everyone can. So stuff got to be balanced gear wise and exp wise so the spoiled players can catch up instantly or they will simply quit.
    Perhaps, but I'm sure many of us find those kinds of servers boring as shit, me included.

And as rocket said, make a catchup system that makes exping easier the longer that the server has progressed like double exp weekends etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post

EXP doesn't work with small populations. It works perfectly in high populated servers. But yeah I agree about the gear gap though. People are going to complain if they cannot pk pretty soon after they reach max level though, which is why there should be a relatively easy way of obtaining starter gear. Possibly have some level of starter gear available with a little farming. Possibly make bi-frost rings easy to drop and lower Attila spawn time? Body Belt could be upgraded to bronze belt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm sure many of us find those kinds of servers boring as shit, me included.

And as rocket said, make a catchup system that makes exping easier the longer that the server has progressed like double exp weekends etc.
    Once server progresses, exp can be made easier accordingly. Starter gear can also be boosted when expansions are introduced in to the game.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

So is this all just hypothetical or something that is likely to happen?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast