Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 158
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Kallop SexyKO was popular because it was the first server with 100% working USKO skills, rebirth and ...
Page: 7


  1. #91
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    SexyKO was popular because it was the first server with 100% working USKO skills, rebirth and cospre items. The people kept playing because it was unique for a long time and people kept coming back because it was able to hold 500-600 players, although most of them were mages. It died out simply because newer servers with the same features were launched and most of the population moved on. In the end it was a really damn boring server in my opinion.
    SexyReplay used the features in a way better way than that moneywhore from knight kingdom. SexyKO had a normal PUS which didn't literally eat your wallet.

  2. #92
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    now that you put it this way it make so much more sense , but wouldn't a monthly reset for nation points do the trick?
    I think the major issue is the PUS and it shouldn't exist for more than allowing people look more 'cool' as you said , but as you probably know yourself that current server owners are all about making profit and that's the main issue. They care about the server for first few days and then it's lack of interest towards the players which leads to inactivity and eventually the server is dead.
    A monthly NP reset? That just don't solve anything, i mean people PK for fun and NP's, some people pk for np's only and that only will already keep'em away from trying on the first place.

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    A monthly NP reset? That just don't solve anything, i mean people PK for fun and NP's, some people pk for np's only and that only will already keep'em away from trying on the first place.
    fair enough , but even if there is a way to exchange national points for items or clan would benefit of donating it , what then? eventually people reach maximum contributing and can't benefit of it and then there is nothing to do with it. It's just simply too hard and nearly impossible to ensure stability for everything and for everyone.. there is people who dislike and like different things and in order to make "project" like this work should have a real community supporting it before you start developing anything.

  4. #94
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Meh,, these are just my thoughts and my opinion on it. I would defenitely play on a server like that, sad that i don't have the powers to realize and actually create it.

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    Meh,, these are just my thoughts and my opinion on it. I would defenitely play on a server like that, sad that i don't have the powers to realize and actually create it.
    of course and there is nothing wrong about suggesting ideas! I don't just understand why it has to be that specific version while could have similar server with more stability.

  6. #96
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    SexyReplay used the features in a way better way than that moneywhore from knight kingdom. SexyKO had a normal PUS which didn't literally eat your wallet.
    Well nobody forces you to donate so I don't see any problem there. I don't spend any money on this game so in my opinion donors complaining about OP donors is the most hilarious thing. Unless you get a game breaking advantage from PUS then I honestly couldn't care less. There are very few servers where donating makes a big difference and they're mostly hard farm.

  7. #97
    I am Timmeh Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    The way SexyKO was kept people entertaining due to enough pk, events to join, improvements could still be made but it wouldn't harm people that are new, nor it would keep them away from the server if they do know that the chance to become as strong as the top 5 is really big, and not hard to obtain. The only thing that will get people to quit, or not even bother starting is by seeing that the top people have earned millions of np's and some just care to much about that, and don't want to be behind that far. In other words, the donate-np's system for royal and shit solves that issue quite well. My opinion, get sexyko back like how it was: +8/+0, the same PUS with all the usko-events to keep people entertained with some good rewards, like chests and stuff to get your hb/chd. People that are willing to pay can get cospres and stuff like that. I'm sure that will work out like it did the last time, as long as you keep it just that way like SexyReplay did. Sad to see that that guy totally dissapeared.

    EDIT: The reason SexyKO didn't die that fast was because babashoppers can't become to OP, like take Knight Kingdom as an example: People babashop so many trina's or shadow pieces to get their raptors+11 and their krowaz rev +5/6/7/8 whatever, this scares people away and make them quit. In SexyKO you could buy rev scrolls to look more ''cool'' than others, cospre's for the little extra's same for pathos and the chd's and shit from PUS were also obtainable in-game, there was no WAY TO OP babashopper that made everyone quit because he was just not-killable. Think about it, and you'll see it works out for whoever is gonna create a server like sexyreplay did.
    Except knight kingdom still succeeded with their ridiculous PUS ?....

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I hope for creativity over events. Its been what, 10 years and still the very same shit going on and on.

    If i see one more Kill/Find GM -event im going to start cutting myself. Whats wrong with GM's on that for real.. Takes like 5 minutes of brainwork to create better & funnier events than that shit.

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Well nobody forces you to donate so I don't see any problem there. I don't spend any money on this game so in my opinion donors complaining about OP donors is the most hilarious thing. Unless you get a game breaking advantage from PUS then I honestly couldn't care less. There are very few servers where donating makes a big difference and they're mostly hard farm.
    Well on internationalko you were able to buy +1 uniq sets while others were trying to get few +0s. And that was making quite a big difference on bowl

  10. #100
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    Except knight kingdom still succeeded with their ridiculous PUS ?....
    Sad but true
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

  11. #101
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    I disagree with you Kallop imo sexyko didn't succeed for being first with usko skills working. In that case it wouldn't have failed so badly later on 18xx

  12. #102
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    SexyKO didnt fail for other server's either ,if i recall the servers that tried to take it down died within weeks , the main reason it died is because SexyReplay didnt care enough and the hype was gone. that is , and that's how every server's going to be NO MATTER HOW GOOD it is , you can always try the actual professor/Original KO method , merging after a few months and keep the hype for people that hopes at beggining , makes some cash and then quit , but meh .

    You're all just stressing yourselves for no reason , if there's nothing to do move on already , there are way TOO MANY DIFFERENT TASTES when it comes about KO , but it has been proven that a PK Server has more chances to last than a farm server , a clear example would be EUKO when it launched, i remember it was QUITE HARD to find spots to exp , because all of them were taken already(both servers),hence ppl quitted after 1 month (euko-europe cz reached 150 at peak times if i remember correctly ,before the account i played got hacked ,and i was the 4th 80 of that server) , same goes to OSKO , wich started with something close to 800-1k users ,but it dropped badly after some weeks , while sexyko could maintain the 1-1.2k users for over 3 motnhs , then it dropped to 800ish , lowest were 500 at very late hours, and was like that for over a year , but SexyReplay didnt care enough of it as i said.
    ReesesPieces likes this.

  13. #103
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Finally, a fucking genius has came in. Stop with the damn farm servers.

  14. #104
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,201

    Default

    There are like 5-6 PvP servers online currently, although most are Turkish. Why the fuck would anybody bother making another one?

    SexyKO survived because of the hype. they gained a rich player base and some of the players liked it enough to keep playing although there was nothing to do really. Because these 500-600 players decided to stay and play on/off more players joined expecting stability and active PK. Which is basically all SexyKO had.

    Also PendexO, Euro-PvP, X-Game and plenty of other Turkish PK servers succeeded and are/were really active. I'm not sure how Euro-PvP is doing now because of Knight Kingdom, but I heard the support ended and it was littered with hackers.

  15. #105
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    I dont wanna get into details , but SexyKO had inner problems ,at the point that turks stopped to trust on the administration staff , even tho we had a such great team (gotta admit they werent that active , but i believe in people like Soenne and CTU did a great job for the server) and a turkish moderator that never was a GM , but had nice leadership skills to manage people.

    Nonetheless , i believe that started with the downfall of SexyKO , even if there wasnt hype(im telling you because i was an old player, i quitted and cameback countless times ) , so turks(the main sustain of a private server nowadays) started to leave , that's the main reason why sexyko started to get less people.


    With all of this im just trying to let you know that most of us are on base 2(20ish years old) , even base 3 , wich means 90% of the people is a casual player ,thatd like to play just for a few hours , perhaps week and then leave , that's the average english community behaviour , so making a farm server nowadays is just for money hopers as statted on my previous post , a pk server would be the best chance for those that are casual players, those that study/work , has a girlfriend/bf in ur case kallop , a hobby , and just play KO for nostalgy , but nothing else , those real HARDCORE times wont come back ,as most of you has more responsabilities now , so just take KO like it is , as a GAME , do not stress yourselves on trying to get developers to make the PERFECT SERVER , because it wont happen , the humanity will bring corruption, lies , betrayers etc etc no matter how trusty you/they are, because its humanity , literally imperfection.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Tetris Player in the World ^ ^ haxorz
    By ussghost6304 in forum Media
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
  2. super news for the most of ko players
    By Arthurios in forum General Chat
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 12:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •