Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

From the players, to the players.

This is a discussion on From the players, to the players. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Elias your retorical skills match asians gaming skills zaaaaaaa xD...
Page: 8

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Elias your retorical skills match asians gaming skills zaaaaaaa xD

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    I dont wanna get into details , but SexyKO had inner problems ,at the point that turks stopped to trust on the administration staff , even tho we had a such great team (gotta admit they werent that active , but i believe in people like Soenne and CTU did a great job for the server) and a turkish moderator that never was a GM , but had nice leadership skills to manage people.

Nonetheless , i believe that started with the downfall of SexyKO , even if there wasnt hype(im telling you because i was an old player, i quitted and cameback countless times ) , so turks(the main sustain of a private server nowadays) started to leave , that's the main reason why sexyko started to get less people.

With all of this im just trying to let you know that most of us are on base 2(20ish years old) , even base 3 , wich means 90% of the people is a casual player ,thatd like to play just for a few hours , perhaps week and then leave , that's the average english community behaviour , so making a farm server nowadays is just for money hopers as statted on my previous post , a pk server would be the best chance for those that are casual players, those that study/work , has a girlfriend/bf in ur case kallop , a hobby , and just play KO for nostalgy , but nothing else , those real HARDCORE times wont come back ,as most of you has more responsabilities now , so just take KO like it is , as a GAME , do not stress yourselves on trying to get developers to make the PERFECT SERVER , because it wont happen , the humanity will bring corruption, lies , betrayers etc etc no matter how trusty you/they are, because its humanity , literally imperfection.
    I don't play any of the MYKO farm servers exactly for these reasons. But a pure PvP server doesn't work either. That's the reason why I'm talking about a medium farm server. Basically there's a certain level of gear that allows you to pk without bigger issues. But there should also be room for development and a possibility to increase your stats beyond the 'comfort-zone'.

Oh btw, I'm quite well informed about the shenanigans behind SexyKO. Although I never played the server longer than a day, because it was boring as I stated earlier, but I still kept following the server and saw how it developed and held up over the years.

Love you for using the word humanity lel. People are shit, just worthless scum. That's all I'm gonna say.

I completely understand how people play this game these days. Our whole clan is based on logging in for 3-5 hours due to time zone differences. Sometimes some people have more time but it's mostly casual gaming. I'm not playing anything atm, just doing nothing basically. That's why this project is not a waste of time, because this way developers can hear people's thoughts and opinions and that way they can build more servers that actually reflect the players' taste than the developers crazy fantasy.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I don't play any of the MYKO farm servers exactly for these reasons. But a pure PvP server doesn't work either.
    You spoiled brat ! :P

I am Timmeh Senior Member

I'm pretty sure we got enough 18xx pk servers.. If another one is made I know I won't give it the time if day

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we got enough 18xx pk servers.. If another one is made I know I won't give it the time if day
    cant compare every 18xx server , KKO and Euro Pvp are the best ones till now ... i'd like to see an 15xx with usko capes (without freakin minor cd)

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    'd like to see an 15xx with usko capes (without freakin minor cd)
    by all means, go ahead and do this. If you think it's fast to launch one with all those shitty sources out there.

cant compare every 18xx server , KKO and Euro Pvp are the best ones till now ... i'd like to see an 15xx with usko capes (without freakin minor cd)
    A farm or pk ?

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    by all means, go ahead and do this. If you think it's fast to launch one with all those shitty sources out there.
    i cant do it myself

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    A farm or pk ?
    would go hard usko style , with a good working staff then ..

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Such negativity. Wow.

would go hard usko style , with a good working staff then ..
    I have yet to see a 15xx farm server and I would love to see it done
    ISpitOnYourGrave likes this.

Such negativity. Wow.
    not negative just speaking of experience. I don't and I never did understand how you guys dare to request such high files from average 'developers' while you got now clue how it works nor how much time it would take. Don't get me wrong I like the topic idea and it's awesome that you made these suggestions, but jeez...

please do show me a link with full of files (including source... which never was released with them) that wasn't released by same nerd over and over again with 99.9% stuff bugging.
    Rocket likes this.

Banned Senior Member

I don't play any of the MYKO farm servers exactly for these reasons. But a pure PvP server doesn't work either. That's the reason why I'm talking about a medium farm server. Basically there's a certain level of gear that allows you to pk without bigger issues. But there should also be room for development and a possibility to increase your stats beyond the 'comfort-zone'.

Oh btw, I'm quite well informed about the shenanigans behind SexyKO. Although I never played the server longer than a day, because it was boring as I stated earlier, but I still kept following the server and saw how it developed and held up over the years.

Love you for using the word humanity lel. People are shit, just worthless scum. That's all I'm gonna say.

I completely understand how people play this game these days. Our whole clan is based on logging in for 3-5 hours due to time zone differences. Sometimes some people have more time but it's mostly casual gaming. I'm not playing anything atm, just doing nothing basically. That's why this project is not a waste of time, because this way developers can hear people's thoughts and opinions and that way they can build more servers that actually reflect the players' taste than the developers crazy fantasy.
    Make a medium farm server, those always work out so swell. First day of launch, wewt 150 players! Second day, drops dramatically as all the casual players are now far behind on gear. Third day, all the users who aren't in the top 5-10 clans are out of the game and have left.

Medium farms suck dick, hard farms suck dick. I have yet to see a FULL PK Server for 1.299, or at-least for a while. Mortal brings up a very valid point, how in the fuck are you going to or anyone really on this forum excluding Twostars and maybe some other developers on here who hide in the shadows, going to produce a 18xx or 15xx or even a damn 19xx.. you won't. So piss that dream away and focus on the files we got, 13xx and 12xx, but you and several others go "OMG.. 12XX AND 13XX SO BORINGZ" So you're stuck now. Quit the dreaming, unless you posses the USD to purchase such files, just quit. Realistically, unless this guy you spoke to is some major developer or someone with a lot of money, best stick with 12xx and 13xx.
    mortal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Mortal brings up a very valid point, how in the fuck are you going to or anyone really on this forum excluding Twostars and maybe some other developers on here who hide in the shadows,
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Realistically, unless this guy you spoke to is some major developer or someone with a lot of money, best stick with 12xx and 13xx.
    ... eh, the fact is you don't know who this person is. I don't know who this person is. Kallop sort of knows who this person is.

So... in such a lack of info, why assume the worst?

The thread's great food for thought regardless; just because the suggestions put forth hypothetically deal with expansions you can't personally make use of, doesn't mean it's bad or useless to everybody. I personally like this thread; it's quite interesting -- and, as you have implied, this thread is actually useful to me, for one (as well as the "other developers hiding in the shadows").

If you want a 1.2xx/1.3xx-only topic so bad, go make your own!

I actually know a few devs who are willing to try out new stuff. I honestly got no idea why get so worked up over this topic. The reason why we don't discuss 12xx/13xx is because we already have that. If devs stopped chasing their own dreams and focused more on the players themselves they could produce decent servers, but most people don't bother.

Honestly you people. If you're so content with your current files and server types then go ahead, build a server and go for it. Let's just see how successful you guys will be with your overused ideas and files. If you succeed, I'll praise you. If you fail, I'll ignore you.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast