Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

what do you all want "currently" in a server?

This is a discussion on what do you all want "currently" in a server? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; obviously stability comes as a first, but what sort of style? i understand there's been 100 topics on this subject ...
Page: 1

Default what do you all want "currently" in a server?

obviously stability comes as a first, but what sort of style? i understand there's been 100 topics on this subject but nothing recent and i've just found myself a lot of spare time and well i'm interested in developing something, no mon summons in pus, no 10 premium types, no weapons and stuff that will give anyone an advantage from a pus, free scrolls just so people can enjoy playing.

im just looking for some idea's on a set server style, i currently have some money lying around which i've saved and im willing to put into a dedi, as long as i can get people to play the server will stay online and be stable.

feel free to throw up some ideas

thanks for reading

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

People don't like exp for sure Basicaly good beginner gear but some work for top items and grades that's what most like. I have a nice concept ready for february 2015 with lvl caps and item caps, looking to keep high population for 1 month and as much as users to join as possible where the lvl cap gonna be 62. Then expansions coming 65 70 73 80 with new stuff along level cap shieeeeeeeet gon be OPPPP

a couple more replies would be nice, thanks mete

What i want in a server, well i don't think it won't ever happen... But i want people that speak english in a server, and not having the needs to search for 1 single person for 3-4 days to find out that there's only 1 english player in the entire server.
    GoldenHazee likes this.

any feedback is welcome, thanks for the reply

ya thats true, a English speaking community atleast on the server,
    i personally prefer full starting gear, +3 / +10 items, no overpowered classes, all balanced. things like that

thanks for your input

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Tbh, I would play oldschool KO, as it has everything I want; except that every 2-3 months the server dies and a new one starts.

So in other words; server like oldschool that gets updated and whatnot, except it doesn't fucking go down and everyone sells acc after 1month. Then again I don't think thats possible, as (if i remember, was it Jamm1n who said it?) farm servers die because people get first +8 and everyone else quits; or one guy gets 1k NPs more and everyone quits because they cant get dragon :/

Little archer Senior Member

The answer is activity / competition (not just trash kids holding the highest ranks), and that cannot be guaranteed by a dev... ever.

Any version that has powershot + no cooldown is a good version. I'm quite tired of all the "MYKO REBORN XDXD OLD FEEL KO SO NICE LIKE IN THE OLD DAYS!" nobody cares about those anymore. So obsolete and overdone it feels stupid when people advertise those as anything remotely special.

For me the perfect server would be Knight online pro (Luna) with more english players, and atleast some sort of ''light-farm'' added into the server. Apart of that just cospre's as pus items, scrolls in NPC and stuff like that. Still, kopro is a great server and i think it could last really long, i just hope they manage to keep the people entertained.

Something that i can play casually as i've lots of stuff to do IRL nowadays(would play mostly pk servers), community doesnt mean anything to me ,I could be playing with any turkish-peruvian-english player as long as they have an upon average performance while pking and understand what I say ,that will eventually drag skilled people to you ,as well as english players.

Full pk server old ko no farm/no exp just pk pk and pk!! No new items it sucks like baal or primaveral.

lvl 62 or 70 cap of course +8/+0 Items

Most useless topic in the history of topics. All people want is activity and as razor said there is no dev who can promise that without already having a server with high population. There are a lot of people who like the version of KO that is out in USKO/EUKO now, but they choose not to play there because the activity in cz is shit and because its a waste of money. If there was a server that had 200-300 people constantly in cz, I dont think anyone would give a shit what version the server was as long as there was farming and people to kill.
    MrRapist likes this.

it doesn't matter what type of server you will make, as long as it will be stable and it will be with high users online its fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast