Page 126 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4182
Like Tree786Likes

ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yup, still waiting for this server to open one of the best privates i've played so far after global 'rofd' ...
Page: 126

Yup, still waiting for this server to open one of the best privates i've played so far after global 'rofd' . Would be sick to see 72lvl max here

Idc if it isn't reset, I would play it with the items I had when it closed. Although there was noone there I still farmed.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Most of the servers are using our hard worked client, events & other in-game or website features since the last couple of months as I can see. I'm sure you can have fun on their server as you would on ProfessionalKO.

Thanks for your support towards ProfessionalKO though, appreaciated.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Most of the servers are using our hard worked client, events & other in-game or website features since the last couple of months as I can see. I'm sure you can have fun on their server as you would on ProfessionalKO.

Thanks for your support towards ProfessionalKO though, appreaciated.
    "our hard worked client, events and in-game or website features" you mean soacs client and features that have been implemented by osmanx with soacs and/or released on most websites turkish development websites like ko fox lol.

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Any idea of bringing back profko?

Quote Originally Posted by SacredHealDane View Post
    Any idea of bringing back profko?
    Looking for someone to co-own it but I doubt I'll find anyone. Trying to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    "our hard worked client, events and in-game or website features" you mean soacs client and features that have been implemented by osmanx with soacs and/or released on most websites turkish development websites like ko fox lol.
    If you really think that working on a private server is all about paying for the game server and start running it, you're mistaken.
    If you actually care about what you do, you'll download the default 1299 client and you'll edit and customise every single file that's inside your client folder. You'll rewrite every evt code & smd's. You'll remake each database table and procedure. In case you make use of twostars's website, you'll have to spend a lot of time to update it.
    Lastly, if you have access to the soacs KO.exe & gameserver source files, that gives you the freedom to edit 'em as you like too.
    All of the above takes months of work and testing.

It's not only about securing and fixing your server from bugs abuse. Without working to all of the above, you'll never understand what this game is capable of doing. Also, there are still stuff you can take advantage of and work on more new custom features, which 9 out of 10 developers/admins don't know about yet.

So, I was referring to features that my team or ProfessionalKO community thought off and we later on implemented (either with the need of soacs ko/ebenezer edit or not).
    I'm the one who should be mad though, so I'm not sure why you got mad. Even though I'm kinda sad that the private server owners decide to pay developers to copy already existed features, by doing this they let me know what stuff the community actually liked. Because there are 2 reasons for someone to copy something, either he ran out of ideas or his community requested it. Either way is OK, so in case of a re-launch I'll be aware of the changes needed.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    If you really think that working on a private server is all about paying for the game server and start running it, you're mistaken.
    If you actually care about what you do, you'll download the default 1299 client and you'll edit and customise every single file that's inside your client folder. You'll rewrite every evt code & smd's. You'll remake each database table and procedure. In case you make use of twostars's website, you'll have to spend a lot of time to update it.
    Lastly, if you have access to the soacs KO.exe & gameserver source files, that gives you the freedom to edit 'em as you like too.
    All of the above takes months of work and testing.

It's not only about securing and fixing your server from bugs abuse. Without working to all of the above, you'll never understand what this game is capable of doing. Also, there are still stuff you can take advantage of and work on more new custom features, which 9 out of 10 developers/admins don't know about yet.

So, I was referring to features that my team or ProfessionalKO community thought off and we later on implemented (either with the need of soacs ko/ebenezer edit or not).
    I'm the one who should be mad though, so I'm not sure why you got mad. Even though I'm kinda sad that the private server owners decide to pay developers to copy already existed features, by doing this they let me know what stuff the community actually liked. Because there are 2 reasons for someone to copy something, either he ran out of ideas or his community requested it. Either way is OK, so in case of a re-launch I'll be aware of the changes needed.
    you make me laugh so fucking hard, im not talking about costs, im talking about features you claim to of thought up which are already implemented in USKO way before u made a private server, jesus do you honestly think of yourself as a fucking ko god or something? customize every single file phhahah dont make me piss myself, re-write every single evt isnt exactly hard, its all already working, so you basically copied and re organized what was originally there? you re write every SMD file? hahaha this gets even more hilarious, twostars panel takes 10 minutes max to install and implement the what? 5 tables that need to be added... i'm not mad i just find it hilarious you actually think of yourself like another twostars who actually changed the KO scene all together, i geuss your just another copy cat then because im pretty sure all the features of your server were implemented long ago, take for example black chitins, the last person who had these was Russians server to my knowledge, oh yeah your not a copy cat... i'll stop replying now tho as your just another retard who thinks because he's had a successful server hes a top dev.

you make me laugh so fucking hard, im not talking about costs, im talking about features you claim to of thought up which are already implemented in USKO way before u made a private server, jesus do you honestly think of yourself as a fucking ko god or something? customize every single file phhahah dont make me piss myself, re-write every single evt isnt exactly hard, its all already working, so you basically copied and re organized what was originally there? you re write every SMD file? hahaha this gets even more hilarious, twostars panel takes 10 minutes max to install and implement the what? 5 tables that need to be added... i'm not mad i just find it hilarious you actually think of yourself like another twostars who actually changed the KO scene all together, i geuss your just another copy cat then because im pretty sure all the features of your server were implemented long ago, take for example black chitins, the last person who had these was Russians server to my knowledge, oh yeah your not a copy cat... i'll stop replying now tho as your just another retard who thinks because he's had a successful server hes a top dev.
    Your reply confirms that you're a person with some kinda of a mental retardation or lack of concentration in reading since you come up with dumb conclusions.

To be fair, nickos created a KE-version concept, which has been proven to be very successful. I haven't witnessed similar success since Knight Imperia.

It's not about copying. It's about recognizing the parts that make a server fun. Black chitins existed, but did they exist in this specific form and application that allowed shells to still stay relevant? Were they added day 1 or after people had developed an economy? ProfessionalKO was successful, Zone MYKO is successful. The servers are almost identical. The player experience in these 2 servers is identical. The reason behind success is mostly longetivity and a healthy balance between farming and PK.

Edit: nickos is most definitely not a genius, don't get me wrong. Judging based some of his decisions I'd argue he probably struck a gold vein by accident. Regardless, credit where credit is due.

Little archer Senior Member

nickos is basically the adi of private servers. take that as you will
    Coldwind and ilterates like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    nickos is basically the adi of private servers. take that as you will
    this made me laugh ha

when you open this server?

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    ProfessionalKO was successful, Zone MYKO is successful. The servers are almost identical.
    Well I must strongly disagree, the Zone MYKO is more close to SEA/MY 12xx server in most of its settings. There was of course also some things that was inspired by ProfKO, but there wasn't many of them, and also, there was some things that was absolutely original to Zone MYKO concept (trina and therefore +8/+9 ugrade possible only in exchage for NPs).

Profko was very unique with the bifrost rings which made absolutely unique concept of playing classes, some items that's normally useless in normal KO was godlike here, and some normaly good items was crap, this was what I think was most refreshing thing, that makes absolutely new combinations and made Profko unique and I would say almost psychidelic. Zone MYKO is more "classic" and also, for example Profko was locked on +8, Zone MYKO on +9. What can be the same is player experience, but definitively not the database settings ;-).

I cant belive that a server that is not existing atm is getting so much attention. Profko was good,the staff was horrible i hope when you open it again (and i hope you do) you get staff that is actualy decent.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 7
    06-04-2022, 07:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  5. Hits: 247
    12-26-2014, 05:13 PM
  6. Hits: 1