Page 127 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4171
Like Tree786Likes

ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SirKaoS Well I must strongly disagree, the Zone MYKO is more close to SEA/MY 12xx server in ...
Page: 127

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirKaoS View Post
    Well I must strongly disagree, the Zone MYKO is more close to SEA/MY 12xx server in most of its settings. There was of course also some things that was inspired by ProfKO, but there wasn't many of them, and also, there was some things that was absolutely original to Zone MYKO concept (trina and therefore +8/+9 ugrade possible only in exchage for NPs).

Profko was very unique with the bifrost rings which made absolutely unique concept of playing classes, some items that's normally useless in normal KO was godlike here, and some normaly good items was crap, this was what I think was most refreshing thing, that makes absolutely new combinations and made Profko unique and I would say almost psychidelic. Zone MYKO is more "classic" and also, for example Profko was locked on +8, Zone MYKO on +9. What can be the same is player experience, but definitively not the database settings ;-).
    We didn't activate +9 upgrade because we have had some argument about those items could be OP and kill the community, that was all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    I cant belive that a server that is not existing atm is getting so much attention. Profko was good,the staff was horrible i hope when you open it again (and i hope you do) you get staff that is actualy decent.
    If you include myself in the staff that was horrible then most of you will have no luck

Well I must strongly disagree, the Zone MYKO is more close to SEA/MY 12xx server in most of its settings. There was of course also some things that was inspired by ProfKO, but there wasn't many of them, and also, there was some things that was absolutely original to Zone MYKO concept (trina and therefore +8/+9 ugrade possible only in exchage for NPs).

Profko was very unique with the bifrost rings which made absolutely unique concept of playing classes, some items that's normally useless in normal KO was godlike here, and some normaly good items was crap, this was what I think was most refreshing thing, that makes absolutely new combinations and made Profko unique and I would say almost psychidelic. Zone MYKO is more "classic" and also, for example Profko was locked on +8, Zone MYKO on +9. What can be the same is player experience, but definitively not the database settings ;-).
    The way I was able to recruit people to play Zone MYKO was by literally telling them it's ProfessionalKO v2. Every member in FinalLegacy agrees with me. Zone MYKO was basically ProfessionalKO with a fresh start and you didn't have a couple updates that ruined the server. Even if you have several different features, the core of the game is the same.

- 72 Cap with easy to obtain mastery items and relatively high drop rates for unique items.
    - Old CZ map with plenty of farming spots. Exp quests to help people level up. (Can't remember if ProfessionalKO had xp quests. Either way, point is that XP is easy.)
    - NP gain is boosted to motivate players to play risky. Dying is not punished harshly because kills give more nps than you loose from deaths.
    - PK stones are standard in many servers, but these both servers offered personal weapons from PK stones. (<-- Makes mages overpowered slightly. Easiest class to gear.)
    - Economy. Drop rates and coin drop rates are set on such a level that allows a healthy economy to exist. (Possibly the single greatest thing about both servers.)
    - Item drop rates and upgrade rates are medium. Makes farming much more rewarding. ProfessionalKO was harder though. When they added bifrost mages were sort of broken, so after bifrost was added farming became rather easy actually.
    - Soacs supported events with decent rewards.

Basically in conclusion there are 3 important factors that make the servers so goddamn similar. Drop/Upgrade rates, Level cap, PvP optimization. Everything feels rewarding rather than an obstacle to get over. Leveling up is the most tedious part, but it's almost ignorable.
    Coldwind likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The way I was able to recruit people to play Zone MYKO was by literally telling them it's ProfessionalKO v2. Every member in FinalLegacy agrees with me. Zone MYKO was basically ProfessionalKO with a fresh start and you didn't have a couple updates that ruined the server. Even if you have several different features, the core of the game is the same.

- 72 Cap with easy to obtain mastery items and relatively high drop rates for unique items.
    - Old CZ map with plenty of farming spots. Exp quests to help people level up. (Can't remember if ProfessionalKO had xp quests. Either way, point is that XP is easy.)
    - NP gain is boosted to motivate players to play risky. Dying is not punished harshly because kills give more nps than you loose from deaths.
    - PK stones are standard in many servers, but these both servers offered personal weapons from PK stones. (<-- Makes mages overpowered slightly. Easiest class to gear.)
    - Economy. Drop rates and coin drop rates are set on such a level that allows a healthy economy to exist. (Possibly the single greatest thing about both servers.)
    - Item drop rates and upgrade rates are medium. Makes farming much more rewarding. ProfessionalKO was harder though. When they added bifrost mages were sort of broken, so after bifrost was added farming became rather easy actually.
    - Soacs supported events with decent rewards.

Basically in conclusion there are 3 important factors that make the servers so goddamn similar. Drop/Upgrade rates, Level cap, PvP optimization. Everything feels rewarding rather than an obstacle to get over. Leveling up is the most tedious part, but it's almost ignorable.
    Most likely 80-90% of the things you named was also core of SEA/MY KO, which was successor of original egames MYKO, and that server exist since year 2012 and it survived for 3 years, but it was mostly unknown by G4L community as it was more focused on Malaysia players community (however old international MYKO players also knew it).

I actually do not think the ProfKO or Zone MYKO would be some exceptionally servers in their core settings. I think there may exist even private servers with better settings and less bugs, but most of private servers ends with a huge failure. What I think was main advantage of this two servers is that they attracted certain community of players who are used to play for long time (which Malaysians or MYKO community is, those players are used to play for years in empty servers), instead of classic group of server jumpers which are start new server every week (and which are leaving in first signs of population decrease). The gain of such stable community made servers survive for first weeks and attract much more players later with settings which was not so exceptionally but in average they were good. I know ProfKO did originally attracts also the community from SEA/MY KO which caused this server has relaunched in 2015 (however its owner made so many mistakes, that after its relaunch SEA/MY KO was not able to attract the players back and it have failed after several months).

Most likely 80-90% of the things you named was also core of SEA/MY KO, which was successor of original egames MYKO, and that server exist since year 2012 and it survived for 3 years, but it was mostly unknown by G4L community as it was more focused on Malaysia players community (however old international MYKO players also knew it).

I actually do not think the ProfKO or Zone MYKO would be some exceptionally servers in their core settings. I think there may exist even private servers with better settings and less bugs, but most of private servers ends with a huge failure. What I think was main advantage of this two servers is that they attracted certain community of players who are used to play for long time (which Malaysians or MYKO community is, those players are used to play for years in empty servers), instead of classic group of server jumpers which are start new server every week (and which are leaving in first signs of population decrease). The gain of such stable community made servers survive for first weeks and attract much more players later with settings which was not so exceptionally but in average they were good. I know ProfKO did originally attracts also the community from SEA/MY KO which caused this server has relaunched in 2015 (however its owner made so many mistakes, that after its relaunch SEA/MY KO was not able to attract the players back and it have failed after several months).
    The primary reason your server now has many user is due to the fact when you launched and had 50 users online, everything went down.First of the huge failure of oldschoolko, yourko at the end of their server lifetime, next was professionalko which at that time tried to attract more users but failed. Next was Surge Network which had 150 people online and that also went down. So all these users stopped playing around the same time and had nowhere else to go as far as 12xx version servers was concerned.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by grulim View Post
    The primary reason your server now has many user is due to the fact when you launched and had 50 users online, everything went down.First of the huge failure of oldschoolko, yourko at the end of their server lifetime, next was professionalko which at that time tried to attract more users but failed. Next was Surge Network which had 150 people online and that also went down. So all these users stopped playing around the same time and had nowhere else to go as far as 12xx version servers was concerned.
    You got things seriously messed up. What you have said, that helps was fall of Profko I agree in that. Yourko is every 2 month relaunch crap, that means it keep falling down like 6 times every year. the people who plays that seriously doesn't look for any stable server. OldschoolKO has failed many months after ZoneMYKO had already population of 400 online, after it failed it relaunched and as far as I know it still exist and got moderate population. Not mentioning Surge network, which cannot fail, because it never seriously exist, that server tried to launch like 3 times and never manage to survive for at least 1 week as tens of other private servers that poping out every week.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

gotta aggree with kallop here.

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    gotta aggree with kallop here.
    Kallop useless, im with KaoS and nickos

I need some advice from an old ProfessionalKO player about old features (generally but also the ones that were unfair). And if that player would play in case of a re-launch, to suggest to me some unique/new features to be implemented (e.g. just like we did with the killing spree aka killstreak notices in the past, which I've just improved as I write this post).

The discussion can take place through forum PMs but I suggest via skype.

#edit: my inbox was full of PMs, you can now PM if you're interested.
    Last edited by nickos3; 05-09-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

skype me baby

server still going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattt View Post
    server still going on ?
    Nope, shut down on january. Updating the server in my free time, in case of a re-launch.

I am looking for a few more people to discuss about server features (PM me your skype).

I saw the video on facebook page about those killing spree voices nice one feature but imo it doesnt fit well in game like this. ( anyways im playing without sound )

I never saw people who using music/voice in knight online :P so you feature is not good idea...

The killstreak sounds are not triggered from the game. You cannot turn 'em off.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 7
    06-04-2022, 07:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  5. Hits: 247
    12-26-2014, 05:13 PM
  6. Hits: 1