Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ... 26 66727374757677787980 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1872
Like Tree234Likes

ProfessionalKO [Lv. 70 | MYKO Farm/PK Server] [OFFICIAL: XX/XX/20XX - XX:XX GMT+X]

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO [Lv. 70 | MYKO Farm/PK Server] [OFFICIAL: XX/XX/20XX - XX:XX GMT+X] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by nickos3 Sorry, check it now (Control Panel). It's working on panel now showing, but i can't get ...
Page: 76


  1. #1126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Sorry, check it now (Control Panel).
    It's working on panel now showing, but i can't get an clan on my character it says
    " Your request has been completed successfully!" but i still in -game without clan

  2. #1127
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyShit View Post
    It's working on panel now showing, but i can't get an clan on my character it says
    " Your request has been completed successfully!" but i still in -game without clan
    Fixed. Thanks for reporting!

  3. #1128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Fixed. Thanks for reporting!
    Anytime, bug is fixed so fast

  4. #1129
    MeinKampf Diez Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Nikos u should change general damages of Archer
    Half Server are Archers and the noobiest hit with Arrow Shower over 1500 damage (5 x 300 Damage)
    In USKO this was not possible

  5. #1130
    Senior Member Vincents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    1) Language translate methods (http://professionalko.com/tr & http://professionalko.com/es) have been removed and replaced with ProfessionalKO :: Anasayfa & ProfessionalKO :: Indice .
    So weird lol, but what can I say, we've been setting standards in this community for a while now

  6. #1131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    So weird lol, but what can I say, we've been setting standards in this community for a while now
    It's just flattering people like our design decisions enough to copy them to use for themselves. It really just means we're making the right choices.
    I do have one nit-pick though; the flags really need to be moved down a bit, IMO -- so they're vertically aligned with the background texture... they look really off where they are now. There is however the fact the BG texture isn't symmetrical, so that may still put it off a bit (edit: just tested, it doesn't seem too bad simply vertically aligned to the center. You'd have to fix up your positioning though, relying on linebreaks for positioning things never ends well)... perhaps it needs a layer to sort of mask that, similarly to what I did with the logo strip on ours.

    EDIT:
    While ours isn't perfect (was a couple of reasons for that -- like the fact the background "tears" aren't exactly straight, but since it's fairly negligible I didn't bother too much to make an effort to rebalance everything), we made a point of vertically balancing it like this (mostly between the breadcrumbs + the tear, not the top):

    It's way easier to position stuff when you define the blocks you'll be using for it properly, rather than just adding a bunch of linebreaks. You can always offset them a little bit once you've got the general layout mapped out.

    Something like this would work:

    It needs a lot of fine-tuning obviously, both positioning-wise [the blocks are all screwy so it's hard to position correctly as-is], and the colours [mostly the reds] really don't go with the BG -- which a background layer to help them stand out more would help with I think (see the above SS for the strip I added behind our logo for that exact reason).

    Regardless, it is neat that people are taking our time and effort (no matter how small/trivial it appears [Vincent can attest to me being extremely fussy ]) and putting it to good use themselves... it really does show that it wasn't all time wasted. Sometimes I really wonder if the effort I put into those details a. actually *does* look aesthetically pleasing to other people as well, and b. even really matters... but evidently it does, on both fronts. ^_^
    Last edited by twostars; 04-15-2015 at 12:19 AM.
    Vincents likes this.

  7. #1132
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    I lol'd. I was sitting there reading Vince's post wondering what in the world he was talking about.

  8. #1133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ProLand, Moradon
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    It looks like that you like our panel stuff so much.
    UltimateKO PvP | Light farm | NO EXP | 80 lvl | [OFFICIAL: Re-lunch soon] ;]

  9. #1134
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    It's just flattering people like our design decisions enough to copy them to use for themselves. It really just means we're making the right choices.
    I do have one nit-pick though; the flags really need to be moved down a bit, IMO -- so they're vertically aligned with the background texture... they look really off where they are now. There is however the fact the BG texture isn't symmetrical, so that may still put it off a bit (edit: just tested, it doesn't seem too bad simply vertically aligned to the center. You'd have to fix up your positioning though, relying on linebreaks for positioning things never ends well)... perhaps it needs a layer to sort of mask that, similarly to what I did with the logo strip on ours.

    EDIT:
    While ours isn't perfect (was a couple of reasons for that -- like the fact the background "tears" aren't exactly straight, but since it's fairly negligible I didn't bother too much to make an effort to rebalance everything), we made a point of vertically balancing it like this (mostly between the breadcrumbs + the tear, not the top):

    It's way easier to position stuff when you define the blocks you'll be using for it properly, rather than just adding a bunch of linebreaks. You can always offset them a little bit once you've got the general layout mapped out.

    Something like this would work:

    It needs a lot of fine-tuning obviously, both positioning-wise [the blocks are all screwy so it's hard to position correctly as-is], and the colours [mostly the reds] really don't go with the BG -- which a background layer to help them stand out more would help with I think (see the above SS for the strip I added behind our logo for that exact reason).

    Regardless, it is neat that people are taking our time and effort (no matter how small/trivial it appears [Vincent can attest to me being extremely fussy ]) and putting it to good use themselves... it really does show that it wasn't all time wasted. Sometimes I really wonder if the effort I put into those details a. actually *does* look aesthetically pleasing to other people as well, and b. even really matters... but evidently it does, on both fronts. ^_^
    I don't pay much attention on how things looks but, to the background code so all this can actually work.
    But since you don't like it atm, let me put 'em at the center.

    Is it better now ?

    -------------

    Why are you referring to Vincent, a guy who attacks other servers and copies entire templates ? Too much kiss-ass is going on but sadly, till you realise who he really is, once again.

    I was talking about the features. There's language translate on every website and I can ensure you that we've had it in our panel much longer, before apexko comes out.
    Here, we're talking about 3 32x18 flag icons while you can find thousand of 'em on the internet.

  10. #1135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I don't pay much attention on how things looks but, to the background code so all this can actually work.
    But since you don't like it atm, let me put 'em at the center.

    Is it better now ?

    -------------

    Why are you referring to Vincent, a guy who attacks other servers and copies entire templates ? Too much kiss-ass is going on but sadly, till you realise who he really is, once again.



    I was talking about the features. There's language translate on every website and I can ensure you that we've had it in our panel much longer, before apexko comes out.
    Here, we're talking about 3 32x18 flag icons while you can find thousand of 'em on the internet.
    I genuinely was serious about helping you out there, but no, we're not talking about just 3 icons. We're talking about 3 icons, their markup, their styling (although the whole 'this icon is selected' selector went over your head -- introducing a bug!), and - for the icing on the cake, even the links themselves (of which, I did intend to handle them in a friendlier manner). If you don't care about the visual aspect, why did you change it? And why did you change the URLs to behave even less friendly than they were originally? I don't understand the logic you're trying to make there.

    You copied it, accept it. I'm not asking for you to go credit me on the site, or anything crazy like that. I'm asking you to not be a selfish dick who takes others for granted, and just y'know, give a simple "thanks".

    But for comparison...

    ApexKO:
    Code:
    <a href="/?lang=es"><img src="/img/lang/es.png" class="langIcon" title="Español"/></a>
    <a href="/?lang=en"><img src="/img/lang/en.png" class="langIcon langSelected" title="English"/></a>
    <a href="/?lang=tr"><img src="/img/lang/tr.png" class="langIcon" title="Türkçe"/></a>
    
    img.langIcon { 
       margin-right:2px;
       filter:alpha(opacity=40);
       opacity:0.4;
    }
    
    img.langIcon.langSelected {
       filter:alpha(opacity=100);
       opacity:1.0;
    }
    ProfessionalKO
    Code:
    <a href="/?lang=en"><img src="./themes/default/images/en.png" class="langIcon " title="English"></a>
    <a href="/?lang=tr"><img src="./themes/default/images/tr.png" class="langIcon turkish" title="Türkçe"></a>
    <a href="/?lang=es"><img src="./themes/default/images/es.png" class="langIcon " title="Español"></a>
    
    img.langIcon { 
        margin-right:2px;
        filter:alpha(opacity=40);
        opacity:0.4;
    }
    
    /** WTF: -> **/
    img.langIcon.english {
        filter:alpha(opacity=0);
        opacity:1.0;
    }
    
    img.langIcon.turkish {
        filter:alpha(opacity=100);
        opacity:1.0;
    }
    
    img.langIcon.spanish {
        filter:alpha(opacity=100);
        opacity:1.0;
    }
    I mean I really don't care -- especially about simple stuff like that, but the mind boggles that you'd pass that off as your own work and think it's going to go unnoticed, going so far as to continue to not acknowledge that fact & instead rationalise it, instead of just being a good sport and giving a simple "thanks". You may think "oh, it's a few lines of markup/styling, what's the big deal" -- and sure, you're right. It is just a few lines of markup/styling, nobody really cares.
    But time & effort went into the decision making process for those few lines; amongst (a lot of) other things, we trialled a bunch of different design decisions (mostly in terms of how to most effectively have the flags displayed; at one point, we were doing it in the inverse with the *selected* flag being transparent. Other times we went with borders. We also considered using labels [so as to not rely on the title attribute], etc, etc...).

    What I'm saying is, while the end result is fairly trivial, *we* put a lot of thought into the process behind it, whereas you just blatantly copied it as-is (which I really don't mind), and then subsequently passed it off as nothing more 'the same few icons' being used without actually acknowledging that you used our work (again, as trivial as it is).

    Further, you then proceed to act as if you're the one who had to make support for translations -- all you had to do was select which to use (and obviously, have the translations available). The majority of the work was already done for you, by me, in the site you're using... this more than anything pisses me off; I mean, I see servers making use of stuff all the time and don't give a damn (it's a fact of life, especially in KO. I'm used to it by now.). The only time I do care is when they proceed to act as if it's their work, and rationalise it by acting as if the work's trivial and required zero thought on the part of the developer. >_<

    Why are you referring to Vincent, a guy who attacks other servers and copies entire templates ? Too much kiss-ass is going on but sadly, till you realise who he really is, once again.
    Firstly, a disclaimer: Vincent's been helping out with the design of our website (and any ideas on that front), so I've been working with him a bit lately. As opposed to what some people have claimed (*cough* DrevinKO *cough*), he's not an official staff member but I do appreciate all of his help with the website, as it's something that does need a lot of attention on the front-end side, that I just can't give it myself.

    With that out of the way, who is he supposedly, then? You talk crap about him all the time, but to my knowledge, you haven't once said anything to backup any single claim you have made... mostly everything you've said describes you more than it does to him, unless there's a side to him I've yet to see... and I've known him just about as long as I've known you. So what specifically are you referring to? Who is he? Which server does he attack?
    I'm not even going to comment on "copying templates", because hell if I haven't done that, and hell if you're not using one that I've copied from USKO right now. It's a poor argument.

    But if I'm trusting someone to work with me, and you're implying this particular individual is someone who shouldn't be trusted... well, you see where I'm going with that.
    Vincents likes this.

  11. #1136
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You copied it, accept it. I'm not asking for you to go credit me on the site, or anything crazy like that.
    I never said the opposite. I didn't mention even that the select list has been changed with icons. I just said that I've added a new GET method.
    I'll edit it in a while (I'll remove the css & I'll find some random flags on the web) once I finish some new features I'm working on, just hold on.

    It's not that crazy at all. You're definitely right. It was my bad that I didn't credit people who actually helped to make all this possible to happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'm asking you to not be a selfish dick who takes others for granted, and just y'know, give a simple "thanks".
    Actually, the money I was donating on snoxd website (till... you know, I pissed you off [after I warned you about fleggy], during the skype conv), I was doing it for you. Because the 80% of the resources there, are made by you and they're the ones that helped me to get myself improved up to a point.

    About the promote of leaking stuff, that's something you misunderstood or, you're a legal person in every way.
    We were talking about a guy who wanted to buy your panel and I suggested him to not do it because it's leaked for years and it can be found everywhere (except on snoxd website).
    I guess that even if you type it in google's search engine, you'll manage to find the forums where it's released ?
    Suggesting him something, protects him from getting fooled. If he donate to you, after that, for your effort, that's something different (and positive from his side).

    If you didn't misunderstood, then I can imagine that you're legal in every way.
    You've never used illegal stuff through torrents.
    You're not using cracked windows.
    You've never used mgame's files/sources.
    You never ran a private server and you're never going to.

    Honestly, I believe that you understood what I was saying and you were not going to act that way if the thing we were talking about, wasn't the panel that you made.
    But of course, you're an admin there and you can do whatever you want. No matter if that place is full of hacks, cracks and leaked stuff. As long as someone does or says something that you personally do not like, he must be banned and for the icing on the cake editing his signature spreading lies as an attempt to make him look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'm not even going to comment on "copying templates", because hell if I haven't done that, and hell if you're not using one that I've copied from USKO right now.
    I don't mind that you don't want to comment about this. But for the panel which you've coded, you've used the USKO template and every single picture regarding the designing. Forget the credits. Wasn't it something illegal ? Also the sale of it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    although the whole 'this icon is selected' selector went over your head -- introducing a bug!
    What bug ? ;o

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Further, you then proceed to act as if you're the one who had to make support for translations -- all you had to do was select which to use (and obviously, have the translations available). The majority of the work was already done for you, by me, in the site you're using... this more than anything pisses me off; I mean, I see servers making use of stuff all the time and don't give a damn (it's a fact of life, especially in KO. I'm used to it by now.). The only time I do care is when they proceed to act as if it's their work, and rationalise it by acting as if the work's trivial and required zero thought on the part of the developer. >_<
    Misunderstood... I think that Vincent is a bad influence.

    1) Language translate methods (http://professionalko.com/tr & http://professionalko.com/es) have been removed and replaced with ProfessionalKO :: Anasayfa & ProfessionalKO :: Indice .
    I'm saying that /es and /tr have been removed.
    I've added the /?lang=es and /?lang=tr instead.

    ;_;

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Firstly, a disclaimer: Vincent's been helping out with the design of our website (and any ideas on that front), so I've been working with him a bit lately. As opposed to what some people have claimed (*cough* DrevinKO *cough*), he's not an official staff member but I do appreciate all of his help with the website, as it's something that does need a lot of attention on the front-end side, that I just can't give it myself.
    First of all, he dared to work with Grobar. This means a lot.
    He was an admin/developer on DrevinKO. He had full access on the server. Despite the fact he was paid, he made his website vulnerable and he sql injected it (if my 100 account registrations on QKO was an attack, then what's this ?) wasting the time players spent on their "promising/threat against ProfessionalKO as they said" server.
    He's kissing your ass because he's trying to achive something. Do you think he'd even try if you were somebody like Grobar ?



    "I do not have any ties to Grobar, I hate him like I hate you" (few hours after the DrevinKO official launch ?)

    This is Vincent, babe. A sneaky, two-faced person.

    ----------------

    Lastly, I didn't even know that you've worked on editing the icons. Thought that you spent few seconds on images search. Next time I'll ask for a permission or I'll do it by myself (this way I will make you proud of me =p)
    Last edited by nickos3; 04-15-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Vincents likes this.

  12. #1137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    First of all, he dared to work with Grobar. This means a lot.
    Alright, I'm going to focus on this because I feel like you're just being intentionally dense in regards to the other stuff. I'm aware of this, and he very much regrets it, and has since no longer been working 'with' (more like 'for') him.
    Not that this means much. Obviously I WTF'd at that (awful) decision too.

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    He was an admin/developer on DrevinKO. He had full access on the server. Despite the fact he was paid, he made his website vulnerable and he sql injected it (if my 100 account registrations on QKO was an attack, then what's this ?) wasting the time players spent on their "promising/threat against ProfessionalKO as they said" server.
    Says who, though? Grobar, right? Fact is, you don't have access to the server, you're not staff there. Unless you're working with Grobar too, you don't know what happened personally (and even then...). You're just repeating what Grobar said. You can't have it both ways, simultaneously trusting Grobar AND saying that he (and anyone who associates with him) cannot be trusted at the same time... that makes no sense.
    Having said that, and this is going to come off in a horrible fashion (sorry, Vincent >_<), but I've seen his (programming) work, and intentional sabotage is the last thing I can see him doing, ever. Perhaps by accident (but not with the framework he was using, he had that very much under control), but certainly not abusing it maliciously... that is, however, very much anecdotal from what I've seen of his work.

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    He's kissing your ass because he's trying to achive something. Do you think he'd even try if you were somebody like Grobar ?
    That may be so, but what has he got to achieve? He helped me for the sake of helping me out -- no more, no less. He has no more access than you do to anything, and no desire to be paid (though I did offer). He tried the server and just wants to help out by doing what he can. He's not staff, he's not under the notion he'll become staff (unlike what Grobar has stated), he doesn't have source access (and no, I'm not doing anything for him in that regard)... so I don't know what he could possibly hope to gain.

    Surely you're not naive enough to think I'd just give him (or anyone) full access to everything, especially when he has his own project to deal with? I've dealt with people, I'm not screwing this up now. Anyone that doesn't need access doesn't have it (and *won't* have it), period.

    So again -- is there anything you can actually back up your claims with? You say he injected DrevinKO; hard proof of that?

  13. #1138
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Alright, I'm going to focus on this because I feel like you're just being intentionally dense in regards to the other stuff. I'm aware of this, and he very much regrets it, and has since no longer been working 'with' (more like 'for') him.
    Not that this means much. Obviously I WTF'd at that (awful) decision too.


    Says who, though? Grobar, right? Fact is, you don't have access to the server, you're not staff there. Unless you're working with Grobar too, you don't know what happened personally (and even then...). You're just repeating what Grobar said. You can't have it both ways, simultaneously trusting Grobar AND saying that he (and anyone who associates with him) cannot be trusted at the same time... that makes no sense.
    Having said that, and this is going to come off in a horrible fashion (sorry, Vincent >_<), but I've seen his (programming) work, and intentional sabotage is the last thing I can see him doing, ever. Perhaps by accident (but not with the framework he was using, he had that very much under control), but certainly not abusing it maliciously... that is, however, very much anecdotal from what I've seen of his work.


    That may be so, but what has he got to achieve? He helped me for the sake of helping me out -- no more, no less. He has no more access than you do to anything, and no desire to be paid (though I did offer). He tried the server and just wants to help out by doing what he can. He's not staff, he's not under the notion he'll become staff (unlike what Grobar has stated), he doesn't have source access (and no, I'm not doing anything for him in that regard)... so I don't know what he could possibly hope to gain.

    Surely you're not naive enough to think I'd just give him (or anyone) full access to everything, especially when he has his own project to deal with? I've dealt with people, I'm not screwing this up now. Anyone that doesn't need access doesn't have it (and *won't* have it), period.

    So again -- is there anything you can actually back up your claims with? You say he injected DrevinKO; hard proof of that?
    Grobar says so, as you mentioned. He is not trusty but if it was him who did this, it'd be known by now.

    In the other hand, Vincent is hiding in his shell. Even if it wasn't a SQL injection, even if it was by a mistake (this does not justify his actions) he doesn't even apologises to those who played on DrevinKO.

    The point is that, database data have been lost and the available back-up was 1 week old.

  14. #1139
    Apex KO Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    The point is that, database data have been lost and the available back-up was 1 week old.
    Not going to comment on anything but this, that's just shitty server management - no one to blame for but the owner.
    cop likes this.

  15. #1140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I don't like what vincent has done!
    Last edited by KOLIFE; 04-15-2015 at 12:57 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  2. Hits: 3
    12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  3. Hits: 32
    12-26-2014, 05:13 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    06-04-2014, 07:37 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 359
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM
  2. Replies: 288
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  4. LifeKO - Light farm PK server
    By jasperno in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
  5. TrueKO,Light Farm/PK server
    By akio9 in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •